Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Sunnyvale, CA
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Sunnyvale
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with read less
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him read less
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob read less
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorWe priced 4 different surveyors and Mr. Hammond was in the middle range. He was very responsive and quick to complete the survey once the onsite visit was made. Would be happy to use again and to recommend him to others.
- Carnes & Associatesbeing the first time I ever needed a survey, Gary took the time to call me a few times to go over the process and also gave me (at no extra cost) a few extra drawings and illustrations to show the easements and what they meant. due to the heavy rains in the Bay Area during this time, there was some delay on the survey, however, this could not be controlled and we ended up getting the work done and finalized to my satisfaction and also for the utility companies land department. highly recommend and would definitely use them agai read less
- LEA & SUNG ENGINEERINGWE ARE PLEASED WITH THE SERVICES PROVIDED TO US BY LEA & SUNG ENGINEERING. THEY RESPONDED EFFECTIVELY TO OUR NEED FOR ACCURATE DATA WITHIN AN ADEQUATE AMOUNT OF TIME.
- KCA ENGINEERINGEverything from the person who answered the phone, their call backs, to the work, to the technicians were great.
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorI sent Wade an email requesting that they survey one side of my property boundaries. He promptly sent me a price. I sent one additional email clarifying the number of points he would be marking and requesting the date when he could do the work. He clarified which points they would mark and gave me the date. He requested a deposit which I made on his website with my credit card. His crew showed up promptly. They actually arrived a little early but explained they needed to start in the street and wanted to get started before there was a lot of traffic. The promptly went to work and completed work within a few hours. They showed me the property line markers and answered all my questions about the property line location. By end of day they had emailed me a document showing the location of the markers and they also filed with the county. In addition they also mailed me a copy of the documents read less
- MACLEOD AND ASSPOCIATESI wanted to confirm the location of the property line on the West side of my residential lot for a future fence installation. As I had scheduled installation of a new fence on the North side of the lot to start in about a week, I asked MacLeod and Associates to complete their survey work as soon as possible (to confirm the NW corner of the lot). Even though they said they would need a couple of weeks to complete the work, to which I agreed, they completed the survey within a few days-in time for the North-side fence read less
- JAMES P TANNERWow! I called to get a price for some survey work and Mr. Tanner talked to me for 15 minutes to get an understanding of my very difficult problem. He was so helpful, gave me lots of advice and explained the building codes as they apply to my unique situation. In the end, he recommended against doing a survey at this time and offered his services at a later date. He just saved me hundreds of dollars. Thanks for your honesty and help Mr. Tanner read less
Land Surveyors in Sunnyvale
- Business Description:Land Surveying ServicesRecent Review:Lillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with read lessCarolyn Y.
- Business Description:COVID SPECIAL OFFER :: Normally we charge $1,200 to install the emergency shut off gas valve to your gas service. However, given our current crisis, we have decided to lower the cost to $800 for all our current and pass customers. Central Pacific Construction has 25 years of experience. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of quality, excellent workmanship and guarantee of good work and products read lessRecent Review:Rick, his supervisors and workers were professional, did excellent work according to the inspector, and flexible with my schedule. I would not hesitate to hire again and highly recommend.Kyle D.
- Business Description:We are a full service land development company with 19 empoloyees, 2 licensed Civil/Structural engineers, 4 licensed surveyors and 8 highly experienced techniciansRecent Review:No one emailed me or called me. No work was discussed or done.Coral E.
- Business Description:L.A. Stevens & Associates, Inc. is a full service Land Surveying firm representing public, private, commercial and attorney clients throughout the Bay Area since 1991, with expertise in Caltrans construction, right-of-way engineering and preliminary design surveys. We provide prompt, professional and cost effective land surveying services to our clients in order to meet comprehensive land surveying requirements. Our unique ability to perform thorough research of survey records, both recorded.. read lessRecent Review:They never emailed or called me. I never got to hire them.Coral E.
- Business Description:Human Nature Design & Construction Inc is a design to build and construction firm with a distinguished reputation. Our firm excels in residential and commercial projects. Whether you need help with minor updating, large-scale renovations or new construction, we’ll help you achieve the look you want, on time and within your budget read lessRecent Review:Wasted time meeting with him. He did not provide the courtesy of a response saying he would or would not quote. That was fine because I gave a deadline for receiving quotes and simply worked with the quotes I did get. However, very unprofessional read lessJohn S.
- Business Description:Based in San Francisco with an office also in Gilroy, California, Cor Land Consulting provides Real Estate Development and Land Planning advisory services to clients located throughout the Bay Area. Cor Land Consulting was founded and is managed by Paul Correa who has worked in the residential and commerical land development field for over ten years. He is a former City Councilmember and Planning Commissioner for the City of Gilroy read less
- Business Description:Christensen & Plouff Land Surveyors is a family owned and operated, full service land surveying firm providing quality surveying services in the South Bay area. With our knowledgeable staff, state of the art equipment and professional licenses in multiple states we can provide our clients top of the line service, quality and experience. At C.P. Land Surveying we pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality product that is completed quickly and cost effectively. Our extensive expertise a.. read less
- Business Description:General Engineering Contractor, General Building Contractor, Hazardous Remediation Contractor
- Business Description:small personal firm with 3 family employees - 40 years of experience (from small jobs to transportation infrastructure level) , Professionally Licensed for 22 years, quality cost effective services
- Business Description:We do all land surveying related projects
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Buying a new home, designing a new addition, or dreaming up a new fence? Hiring a land surveyor is an important step for many big projects. Check out how much a property survey costs and how to budget for this important professional.
How much does it cost to clear land? The answer depends on the size of the terrain, how densely forested it is, and the general accessibility of the site. This guide goes over all the factors involved in your land clearing cost.
Find land surveyors in
- Mountain View
- Santa Clara
- Los Altos
- Los Altos Hills
- East Palo Alto
- Palo Alto
- San Jose
- Menlo Park
- Portola Valley
- La Honda
- Los Gatos
- Redwood City
- Monte Sereno
- Union City
- San Carlos
- Boulder Creek
land surveyors in Sunnyvale
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Accurate Land Solutions1271 Washington Ave, #533
San Leandro, California
- Accurate Land Solutions
- Carnes & Associates9505 Sugar Babe Dr
- Central Pacific Construction6144 Bollinger Rd
San Jose, California
- Christensen & Plouff Land Surveying1250 Oakmead Pkwy Suite 210
- Core Excavating15732 Los Gatos Blvd #410
Los Gatos, California
- Corland Consulting2007 Buchanan Street, #1
San Francisco, California
- Carnes & Associates
- DOMINGUEZ ASSOCIATES40 HUMBOLDT CT
- DOMINGUEZ ASSOCIATES
- Edmundson Land Surveying20 S. Santa Cruz Avenue #300
Los Gatos, California
- Edmundson Land Surveying
- Foresight Land Surveying1537 Franklin Street Suite 102
San Francisco, California
- Foresight Land Surveying
- IGATOOLBENDER293 Bernal Rd
San Jose, California
- JAMES P TANNER552 BEAN CREEK RD #155
Scotts Valley, California
- JAMES P TANNER
- Kevin Smith Land Surveying3391 Mission Drive
Santa Cruz, California
- Kevin Smith Land Surveying
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING15015 Los Gatos Blvd
Los Gatos, California
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING
- Practical RealityPO Box 2594
Mill Valley, California
- Practical Reality
- Solar Land Partners12672 Kane Dr
- Solar Land Partners
- Turnrose Land SurveyingP.O. Box 5648
Redwood City, California
- Turnrose Land Surveying
- Virgil Chavez Land Surveying721 Tuolumne St
- Virgil Chavez Land Surveying