When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in San Carlos, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in San Carlos
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorWe priced 4 different surveyors and Mr. Hammond was in the middle range. He was very responsive and quick to complete the survey once the onsite visit was made. Would be happy to use again and to recommend him to others.
- Carnes & Associatesbeing the first time I ever needed a survey, Gary took the time to call me a few times to go over the process and also gave me (at no extra cost) a few extra drawings and illustrations to show the easements and what they meant. due to the heavy rains in the Bay Area during this time, there was some delay on the survey, however, this could not be controlled and we ended up getting the work done and finalized to my satisfaction and also for the utility companies land department. highly recommend and would definitely use them agai
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorThey came promptly at 8am and spent only about 30 minutes total in the house. I got the official documents via email three days later and in USMail the day after. Fortunately the house's elevation was satisfactory, but in any case the work done was professional and quick. Wade's communications style (mostly via email) is succinct, so don't hesitate to ask questions
- JAMES P TANNERJames went way beyond the call of duty to eliminate this requirement due to additional fees that it would cost us ($800), but to no avail. Great guy and service. Highly recommended.
- Bay Area Land Surveying IncBay Area Land Surveying, Inc. was quick to respond to my request for a Boundary & Topographic Survey. They were able to provide me with an estimate within a few days of my initial request and then a contract after I agreed with the price. Surveyor Michael Foster and his crew were professional and the survey was done in a timely manner
- KCA ENGINEERINGEverything from the person who answered the phone, their call backs, to the work, to the technicians were great.
- JAMES P TANNERMr. Tanner did a great job for us. He was very responsive when we called him to set up the survey. He did a careful and thorough job on the survey itself. He goes out of his way to help people understand flood insurance issues so we can save money where possible.
Land Surveyors in San Carlos
- Business Description:Land Surveying ServicesRecent Review:Lillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work withCarolyn Y.
- Business Description:We are a full service land development company with 19 empoloyees, 2 licensed Civil/Structural engineers, 4 licensed surveyors and 8 highly experienced techniciansRecent Review:We recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you RobDawn S.
- Business Description:L.A. Stevens & Associates, Inc. is a full service Land Surveying firm representing public, private, commercial and attorney clients throughout the Bay Area since 1991, with expertise in Caltrans construction, right-of-way engineering and preliminary design surveys. We provide prompt, professional and cost effective land surveying services to our clients in order to meet comprehensive land surveying requirements. Our unique ability to perform thorough research of survey records, both recorded..
- Business Description:Human Nature Design & Construction Inc is a design to build and construction firm with a distinguished reputation. Our firm excels in residential and commercial projects. Whether you need help with minor updating, large-scale renovations or new construction, we’ll help you achieve the look you want, on time and within your budgetRecent Review:Leo and his team were incredible. They took all of the time they needed to give us very detailed plans that answered everything the contractor needed to know. Leo went above and beyond to answer all of our questions patiently, even the stupid ones (it was our first time doing a renovation so we had no clue what it was all about). I would hire him again in a second, and I strongly recommend him. He made multiple visits to our house to do the measurements and then to explain his findings when he delivered the final plans. He remained involved throughout the actual renovation to make sure everything was going okjared T.
- Business Description:We do all land surveying related projects
- Business Description:Private Land Surveying Company specializing in single family home improvement projects. Our largest group of customers including those who are adding on to their homes, rebuilding their homes or building on a vacant lot. We work with many architects providing them with base survey maps so that they can design your new home. We also provide construction staking and certification surveysRecent Review:I found them on the internet. They did a property site survey for me in Saratoga. They were quick to get back to me and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. They also worked with my architect to make sure everything that needed to be done was completed. Job was done on time. I referred them to my brother who also used them. They were more than price competitive. Very glad I found them. <br /Sunil A.
- Business Description:Consulting Engineers
- Business Description:Providing quality Land Surveying services at a fair price - as a land surveyor for more than 20 years, I have broad experience in all aspects of the profession
- Business Description:Based in San Francisco with an office also in Gilroy, California, Cor Land Consulting provides Real Estate Development and Land Planning advisory services to clients located throughout the Bay Area. Cor Land Consulting was founded and is managed by Paul Correa who has worked in the residential and commerical land development field for over ten years. He is a former City Councilmember and Planning Commissioner for the City of Gilroy
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
land surveyors in San Carlos
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Carnes & Associates9505 Sugar Babe Dr
Gilroy, California 95020
- Carnes & Associates
- Hogan Land Services1702 4th Street
Santa Rosa, California 94954
- Hogan Land Services
- JAMES P TANNER552 BEAN CREEK RD #155
Scotts Valley, California 95066
- JAMES P TANNER
- MACLEOD AND ASSPOCIATES965 CENTER ST
San Carlos, California 94070
- MACLEOD AND ASSPOCIATES
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING15015 Los Gatos Blvd
Los Gatos, California 95032
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING