Bath Fitter

Founded 1984 • With Angi since April 2009

4.2

8371 Central Ave

Newark, CA 94560

Bath Fitter of Newark offers top-quality, durable, customized acrylic bathroom remodeling products and services installed in as little as one day. Corporate location owned and operated by Bath Fitter Northern California.

04/28/2021

Lawrence D.

Bath Fitter's "lifetime warranty" is NOT as advertised in its sales literature or on its trucks. One should not believe the following statement found on Bath Fitter's current website: "Lifetime warranty. Every Bath Fitter Installation is guaranteed for life, so you can be confident in your bath remodel." According to Alice (Newark, CA Bath Fitter Branch Manager), the published "lifetime warranty" only applies to the product; the WARRANTY ON LABOR IS ONE YEAR (not lifetime). I was a happy Bath Fitter customer until I noticed a six-inch crack in my Bath Fitter purchased nine years earlier and I spoke with Enrique at Bath Fitter's Newark, California location. Enrique advised me the liner would be covered under the "lifetime warranty," but the installation would cost me $517. He further stated that he would not order the replacement liner unless I agreed to pay the $517; under duress, I agreed to pay that amount. William (Newark Bath Fitter's professional installer) replaced the liner at my home and we agreed that I was utilizing a Bath Fitter recommended cleaning solution in effect at the time of purchase and at the present time (Bath Fitter "Cleaner Product List" updated November 2020) and there was no evidence of any misuse or negligence in maintenance. Dozens of other customers have complained about Bath Fitter's misleading published "lifetime warranty" on consumeraffairs.com. An official Bath Fitter response to another customer's "lifetime" warranty complaint was that the reinstallation charge was merely a "service fee." Ultimately, Alice agreed to offer a $517 deduction on a future project; but refused to issue a refund without a new bathroom order. This was unacceptable to me.

Description of Work
REPLACE CRACKED TUB LINER - LIFETIME WARRANTY NOT HONORED

02/08/2021

Munirah H.

My experience with this company was horrendous. The manager Alice Tauber was rude, unhelpful and made many mistakes with my order. They do NOT install in 1 day. Over the course of two months, they came for 3 full 8 hour days and kept messing up. I finally requested a refund when they wanted a 4th attempt and they are not answering my calls or emails. Please see the attached images of how they left my bathroom- I had to shower in this! They ruined my original tub and messed up on the tub size, the wall tiles, the fixtures. I don't know who is running the place but this was the worst experience. Also its expensive: approx $9,000 for new tub liner, shower liner, door and fixtures. Total crap- a regular contractor is way less. I'm paying $7,000 for a brand new tub and tile and will finish 5-7 days. Also, FYI in fine print on your contract with bathfitter it says that they don't guarantee a one install! ha! figures! they also don't talk about how mold can grow in between the liner and tub/tile, which they aren't responsible for. This company is a joke and their advertisements lie to draw you in. Homeowners beware!

Description of Work
bathtub liner, wall liner, fixtures

03/05/2019

Cherie W.

asked for a quote weeks ago - never heard back

Description of Work
asked for a quote - never received

12/30/2017

john W.

Great job!

Description of Work
Installed a new shower

03/29/2017

Suzanne A.

Tech had to come out twice to fix mistakes. Why couldn't he get it right the first time, for the kind of money we paid? Each time we called, the customer service was terrible - kept us on hold, disconnected our calls, said someone would call back but they never did, more than once. We wouldn't use them again.

Description of Work
Had our bathroom shower relined and new fixtures.

02/01/2017

William B.

why do you keep sending this email to me

Description of Work
I have already did a review in October 2016

04/27/2016

David E.

Description of Work
Tore out old tile, put new copper pipes in wall and installed new shower/bath fixtures and enclosure,removed and |hauled away debris. |Work completed in one long day.

01/13/2015

Roger V.

Description of Work
Bathfitters took out the 20+ year old fiberglass bathtub/shower surround in our downstairs bath, and replaced it with an acrylic shower unit that they custom fabricated on-site. | |The Bathfitter guy had some trouble removing the old fiberglass tub/shower, and getting down to the bare slab for his installation, so this delayed him somewhat. As a result he started at 9AM and didn't finish until about 11PM, and took no apparent breaks. He and I (the customer *smile*) were both very tired by then, but he had another job scheduled for the next day so really wanted to finish that day. He was easy going, and easy to work with, and got a lot done in one day (actually, about 1.5 work days). | |At any rate, the installed shower unit looks great, and feels solid. My wife's mother used it and loved it, aside from some slipperiness problems. We were assured when we signed up for the installation that the shower floor would not be slippery, but yet my 88-year old mother-in-law found it so. I called them about that this morning, and by 1:30PM today, Bathfitters had a guy out here applying a more slip-resistant coating to the shower floor. I really appreciated the responsiveness that they've shown thus far, since the mother-in-law wasn't going to use the shower again until the slipperiness issue was dealt with. I think that this fix is going to work, although it will make it slightly more difficult to keep the shower clean. | |The grab bars were also slippery, and they also applied the floor coating to them while they research better alternatives. Like grab bars with a knurled grip built-in, etc. The grab bars can easily be changed, just unscrew the old ones, and replace with new ones. | |Very happy with their work to this point, and am willing to pay a little more for a quality job. If any issues come up, I'll update this review. | |

01/12/2014

Raul G.

Cost was inline what the research I found but I did not like that they did not itemize any of the fixtures so I could determine where I could cut cost down - big negative for me.

Description of Work
I received an estimate for a refit to my bathroom - the quote was for complete removal and installation of a new bath , 2 pieces rather than 1. No tile work on the floor and modern fixtures.

01/04/2014

James B.

Replaced bath tub and original tile walls with new shower enclosure with bench and safety grab bar. Excellent quality and service.

12/03/2013

Casilda D.

I called and said I was referred by Angies. They gave me an estimate and offered to come in a couple of days. I accepted it. They were available earlier and called to move up the appointment. When i hesitated, they offered an additional discount. I accepted it. They finished the job in the estimated time. I was happy with the results.

Description of Work
They refinished a bathtub

11/04/2013

Deven H.

Our master bath was a 35 year old original fiberglass tub, with non functional taps and a leaky valve. We weren't sure it could even be replaced by Bath Fitters, given the tub's odd size and potential for leaks, but they were quite happy to take the job. The quote session was longer than I had expected, (about 2 hours), but gave us all the information we needed to know about the project, including estimated time for production of our new bath, project completion, and price. The estimator even worked with us to make sure our then two month old was properly attended to during the session. Due to the size of the project, we were told it would take about 2 days. On the day of the install, the installer showed up on time and aware that we had a baby. He worked with us to make sure that the baby's schedule wouldn't be too disrupted. Some jack hammering and loud demo was required, but he warned me before hand so I was able to schedule naps around the noisiest work. At various steps throughout the process I was asked to review the work, make suggestions, and generally make sure all was going well. The installer answered all my questions, and was very professional the entire time. It was one of the cleanest demos I've ever had done. They were very careful not to track dust or trash and cleaned up the work site very well at the end of the day. It took about 11 hours in all, but they managed to complete the job in just one day That was great! The installation was very nice, worked great, and beautiful looking. I wish we'd done it sooner, honestly. Only small issue is that the valve they replaced seems to be in backwards so hot water is cold and cold water is hot, but that's an easy fix. It's a shame they don't also do vanities and floors; we'd call them back again in a heartbeat. Overall, we're very pleased with the result, and would definitely use Bath Fitters again.

Description of Work
Fully replaced our master bathtub and shower area, including shifting the position of the drain and shower head.

08/19/2013

Joseph S.

The company worked closely with my tenant to minimize impact on their schedules and performed the job to their satisfaction.

Description of Work
Bathroom upgrade

Category home remodeling

08/14/2013

Melody L.

The Sales Rep that came was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. We got to choose all the different options, even replace fixtures which was a plus for us since they needed to be replaced. We had got estimate from a tiling and it was $3000, but Bath Fitter we went with even though it was more, because they could do it in a day instead of a week (for just tiling) and that they did fixtures and some copper piping too and that I didn't have to go to the tile store to spend time to pick out tiles. it was easy to pick in an hour all of what I needed at the comfort of my home. One guy came in the morning and left very late in the evening. He worked really hard. It looked beautiful. The only thing was he had reversed the hot and cold water so when you turned it was really hot and then got cold. When we talked to him about fixing it, he didn't think it could be fixed. So we lived with it for a week and we just felt it wasn't right and somehow it should get fixed. As each time we have guests, or if we rent it out, we have to tell people to be careful or they would get scalded. So we called back, and they were so helpful in resolving our problems. I thought they would just say nothing can be done since they've sealed up the walls, but they said they would fix it and the customer is always right. They called another guy to come take a look at it right away, then they called head quarters who then told them how to fix it. (which was change the cartridge.) So it was great that were responsive to resolve our problem! The finished product looks great. And we love it took a day so we didn't have to live without a bathroom for days that we had to do if we went to have our bathroom re-tiled. If we have future needs, will definitely call them again.

Description of Work
Refit the bathroom walls (not bathtub) and changed the fixtures.

04/01/2013

Luis U.

See above

Description of Work
Adene showed up at the appointed time. She was very professional and covered everything and answered all our questions thoroughly. She brought a stack of samples from which we chose what we wanted and from there she built up the estimate. She offered an incentive so that we would make a decision right there and then but we had advised her earlier that we would not be making a decision as there were two other companies/contractors that we were seeing plus we wanted to mull things over once we had all the estimates we wanted. While their estimate was fair, on hindsight I believe that they hedged somewhat in their estimate, that is, their estimate was not really the lowest they could go, given that we gave the info that we were consulting two other contractors. In the end, I chose to go with another company for reasons of cost and extent of work included.

04/11/2012

Adam P.

They did a great job. It only took a day and a half. Their pricing was reasonable. They resolved any issues immediately.

Description of Work
They replaced the shower walls in two bathrooms.

01/27/2012

Ross D. B.

They refinished two baths. They reworked some plumbing and replaced the shower bases. They were very professional, and neat. The quality of work was excellent, but I thought they were a bit pricey. I would recommend them, but would point out their pricing could be on the high side.

Description of Work
Bath Fitters refinish bathtubs and showers.

10/31/2011

DELORES W.

Bath Fitter Company advertises a one day replacement but that turned out to be a two weeks replacement for me. I think that they should offer some kind of compensation if they are not able to meet their advertising. The installer, however was very professional and he did a good job.

Description of Work
I used Bath Fitter Company about two months ago for bathroom remodeling.

Category home remodeling

01/14/2011

Carol R.

We were very pleased with them. They gave us a good quote. Their service was great, kept the place cleaned. He did the one bathroom in one day and the other in 2 days. We were very pleased.

Description of Work
They replaced surrounding enclosure and doors on our shower. Also they replaced another shower in the other bathroom for us.

10/18/2010

ANNE T.

They were very dependable and did very beautiful work. The work was well done. They are a good outfit.

Description of Work
I used Bath Fitter to redo my bathroom. They replaced my bathtub with a walk in shower.

10/01/2010

Ross D. B.

The Installer arrived on Time. Proceeded to explain the process and then started on the Main Shower. He worked on the section for a Day and half. Removed the existing shower pan and fixture. Installed new flooring under the new pan. Installed the surround shower and fixtures. Installed the new shower door and caulked all the edges. He then proceeded to the lower shower. Re-piped the water lines and installed new drywall. Installed the new surround and like the upper shower installed the fixtures, shower door, and final caulking. Both showers work and look great.

Description of Work
Install ( 2) Shower enclosures. Both were custom sized. They removed the existing shower pans and existing old shower components. They prep the walls for the new surrounds. The Installer was fast and well qualified for the project.He was very courteous about asking questions and explaining procedures. Each shower took about a day and a half due to some of the extra work that needed to be done.

04/14/2009

WENDY S.

They man came out and sold me a shower door. I called them, and he didn't tell me it would be less than 18 inches wide. It's difficult to fit through. The office staff was wonderful when I talked to them about it. Finally, I dealt with the District Manager. He had an individual contractor come out, and he has put in a door that works better, but it won't even open at a 90 degree angle. He's coming out to fix it later. I really liked the people but hate the door. What I'm getting from them is better quality but less functional than the door I had.

Description of Work
They replaced my shower door.

Category glass repair