When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in San Mateo, CA
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in San Mateo
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorWe priced 4 different surveyors and Mr. Hammond was in the middle range. He was very responsive and quick to complete the survey once the onsite visit was made. Would be happy to use again and to recommend him to others.
- Carnes & Associatesbeing the first time I ever needed a survey, Gary took the time to call me a few times to go over the process and also gave me (at no extra cost) a few extra drawings and illustrations to show the easements and what they meant. due to the heavy rains in the Bay Area during this time, there was some delay on the survey, however, this could not be controlled and we ended up getting the work done and finalized to my satisfaction and also for the utility companies land department. highly recommend and would definitely use them agai
- Vegvary Land SurveyingWe needed our lot surveyed in preparation for building a house. Don was recommended and with a phone call we set up the job. He arrived on time, conferred with both me and the architect, got the field work done in a day and three days later we had the results. Very professional and pleasant to work with
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorIt went well. I contacted a bunch of land surveyors and these guys were ready to show up immediately the next day, most of them were trying to schedule like a months or so. I think I wanted an Elevation Certificate from them, they simply did it promptly the next day and they did for me Insurance and I got it
- KCA ENGINEERINGEverything from the person who answered the phone, their call backs, to the work, to the technicians were great.
- LEA & SUNG ENGINEERINGWE ARE PLEASED WITH THE SERVICES PROVIDED TO US BY LEA & SUNG ENGINEERING. THEY RESPONDED EFFECTIVELY TO OUR NEED FOR ACCURATE DATA WITHIN AN ADEQUATE AMOUNT OF TIME.
- Wilson Land Surveys Inc.I liked Wilson Land Surveys Inc. He was good. His price came in better than anybody else's. He did the work. He was a good guy.
Land Surveyors in San Mateo
- Business Description:Land Surveying ServicesRecent Review:Lillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work withCarolyn Y.
- Business Description:COVID SPECIAL OFFER :: Normally we charge $1,200 to install the emergency shut off gas valve to your gas service. However, given our current crisis, we have decided to lower the cost to $800 for all our current and pass customers. Central Pacific Construction has 25 years of experience. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of quality, excellent workmanship and guarantee of good work and productsRecent Review:Rick, his supervisors and workers were professional, did excellent work according to the inspector, and flexible with my schedule. I would not hesitate to hire again and highly recommend.Kyle D.
- Business Description:We are a full service land development company with 19 empoloyees, 2 licensed Civil/Structural engineers, 4 licensed surveyors and 8 highly experienced techniciansRecent Review:No one emailed me or called me. No work was discussed or done.Coral E.
- Business Description:Human Nature Design & Construction Inc is a design to build and construction firm with a distinguished reputation. Our firm excels in residential and commercial projects. Whether you need help with minor updating, large-scale renovations or new construction, we’ll help you achieve the look you want, on time and within your budgetRecent Review:Wasted time meeting with him. He did not provide the courtesy of a response saying he would or would not quote. That was fine because I gave a deadline for receiving quotes and simply worked with the quotes I did get. However, very unprofessionalJohn S.
- Business Description:L.A. Stevens & Associates, Inc. is a full service Land Surveying firm representing public, private, commercial and attorney clients throughout the Bay Area since 1991, with expertise in Caltrans construction, right-of-way engineering and preliminary design surveys. We provide prompt, professional and cost effective land surveying services to our clients in order to meet comprehensive land surveying requirements. Our unique ability to perform thorough research of survey records, both recorded..Recent Review:They never emailed or called me. I never got to hire them.Coral E.
- Business Description:Bay Area Land Surveying, Inc. has served the San Francisco Bay Area since 1995. We have a stellar reputation for the quality and detail of our maps. Our goal is to provide you with the best service possible. To do this, we have developed relationships with the cities and counties we work in. We have a reputation for high quality work, which makes our clients submittal process go smoother. We take pride in being the go-to company for condominium conversions in Oakland, Berkeley, San Franci..Recent Review:They were quick, and had drawings sent to me within a few weeks. My only complaint is price. They charged $5000 to for a detailed survey of only 1/3 of the property. When I needed a letter written to the county verifying my new pool was where the site plan said it was, they asked for an additional $1000 (another surveyor charged 1/3 of that). Do you research before going with BALSINC, or you might end up overpaying. <br /Sean M.
- Business Description:Based in San Francisco with an office also in Gilroy, California, Cor Land Consulting provides Real Estate Development and Land Planning advisory services to clients located throughout the Bay Area. Cor Land Consulting was founded and is managed by Paul Correa who has worked in the residential and commerical land development field for over ten years. He is a former City Councilmember and Planning Commissioner for the City of Gilroy
- Business Description:Lea and Braze Engineering is a Consulting Civil Engineering and Surveying firm. We have been active in the San Francisco Bay Area for over twenty-five years, working as team members on construction and development projects of varying sizes. We have grown through the years from a small start-up to a solid medium-sized company with a positive working environment and a reputation for high-quality design and surveying work. Our areas of expertise and experience include subdivision and land planni..Recent Review:The price was about the same as quoted by another popular surveyor, and they were able to come out the day after I signed the contract. The surveyors were very friendly and efficient, and I received the survey documents electronically and by mail very quickly. When the contractor required more detail, they provided it electronically within an hourMadeleine F.
- Business Description:Consulting Engineers
- Business Description:Wade's ability to solve and execute a diverse set of obstacles, guarantees customers successful job completion. He gives clients peace of mind, by assuring their satisfaction is his top priority. It's Wade's wide-spread knowledge and versatility within the construction industry, that make him an essential asset to any projectRecent Review:We priced 4 different surveyors and Mr. Hammond was in the middle range. He was very responsive and quick to complete the survey once the onsite visit was made. Would be happy to use again and to recommend him to othersChris T.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
- Foster City
- San Carlos
- Half Moon Bay
- Redwood City
- San Bruno
- South San Francisco
- El Granada
- Menlo Park
- Moss Beach
- East Palo Alto
- Palo Alto
- San Lorenzo
- Daly City
- San Francisco
- Portola Valley
land surveyors in San Mateo
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Bay Area Land Surveying Inc961 Mitchell Way
El Sobrante, California
- BLS Surveying & Mapping1531 Grandview Ave
- Bright Eagles Construction10381 Singleton Rd
San Jose, California
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land Surveyors1206 S. Amphlett Blvd. Suite 3
San Mateo, California
- Buhler Construction Company3614 16th St. #1
San Francisco, California
- Bay Area Land Surveying Inc
- Carnes & Associates9505 Sugar Babe Dr
- Central Pacific Construction6144 Bollinger Rd
San Jose, California
- Christensen & Plouff Land Surveying1250 Oakmead Pkwy Suite 210
- Core Excavating15732 Los Gatos Blvd #410
Los Gatos, California
- Corland Consulting2007 Buchanan Street, #1
San Francisco, California
- Carnes & Associates
- DOMINGUEZ ASSOCIATES40 HUMBOLDT CT
- DOMINGUEZ ASSOCIATES
- Edmundson Land Surveying20 S. Santa Cruz Avenue #300
Los Gatos, California
- Edmundson Land Surveying
- GEOFORENSICS561 PILGRIM DR D
San Mateo, California
- JAMES P TANNER552 BEAN CREEK RD #155
Scotts Valley, California
- JAMES P TANNER
- Kevin Smith Land Surveying3391 Mission Drive
Santa Cruz, California
- Kevin Smith Land Surveying
- MACLEOD AND ASSPOCIATES965 CENTER ST
San Carlos, California
- MACLEOD AND ASSPOCIATES
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING15015 Los Gatos Blvd
Los Gatos, California
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING
- Practical RealityPO Box 2594
Mill Valley, California
- Practical Reality
- Solar Land Partners12672 Kane Dr
- Solar Land Partners
- Turnrose Land SurveyingP.O. Box 5648
Redwood City, California
- Turnrose Land Surveying
- Virgil Chavez Land Surveying721 Tuolumne St
- Virgil Chavez Land Surveying