When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in San Mateo, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in San Mateo
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorWe priced 4 different surveyors and Mr. Hammond was in the middle range. He was very responsive and quick to complete the survey once the onsite visit was made. Would be happy to use again and to recommend him to others.
- Carnes & Associatesbeing the first time I ever needed a survey, Gary took the time to call me a few times to go over the process and also gave me (at no extra cost) a few extra drawings and illustrations to show the easements and what they meant. due to the heavy rains in the Bay Area during this time, there was some delay on the survey, however, this could not be controlled and we ended up getting the work done and finalized to my satisfaction and also for the utility companies land department. highly recommend and would definitely use them agai
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorThey came promptly at 8am and spent only about 30 minutes total in the house. I got the official documents via email three days later and in USMail the day after. Fortunately the house's elevation was satisfactory, but in any case the work done was professional and quick. Wade's communications style (mostly via email) is succinct, so don't hesitate to ask questions
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorThey were very punctual, thorough and professional. It was a bit pricey, IMHO, but they did a great job and I would recommend them.
- JAMES P TANNERWow! I called to get a price for some survey work and Mr. Tanner talked to me for 15 minutes to get an understanding of my very difficult problem. He was so helpful, gave me lots of advice and explained the building codes as they apply to my unique situation. In the end, he recommended against doing a survey at this time and offered his services at a later date. He just saved me hundreds of dollars. Thanks for your honesty and help Mr. Tanner
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorIt went well. I contacted a bunch of land surveyors and these guys were ready to show up immediately the next day, most of them were trying to schedule like a months or so. I think I wanted an Elevation Certificate from them, they simply did it promptly the next day and they did for me Insurance and I got it
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorHe was great. When it became difficult to find the back boundary he suggested I could save money by "estimating" the boundary and he would not have to file a new claim. It was a much more reasonable cost for this survey then I suspected.
Land Surveyors in San Mateo
- Business Description:Land Surveying ServicesRecent Review:BGT was very prompt and professional. They completed the survey on time and on budget. They were creative in figuring a way to measure internal building floor elevation when we did not leave a door open! :-) <br /> When we had some questions, they went back out to the site and remeasured for us. We received both PDF and CAD files to give to our landscape folks. <br /> They are easy to communicate with and very responsive. I would hire them again. <br /Chuck H.
- Business Description:We are a full service land development company with 19 empoloyees, 2 licensed Civil/Structural engineers, 4 licensed surveyors and 8 highly experienced techniciansRecent Review:We recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you RobDawn S.
- Business Description:L.A. Stevens & Associates, Inc. is a full service Land Surveying firm representing public, private, commercial and attorney clients throughout the Bay Area since 1991, with expertise in Caltrans construction, right-of-way engineering and preliminary design surveys. We provide prompt, professional and cost effective land surveying services to our clients in order to meet comprehensive land surveying requirements. Our unique ability to perform thorough research of survey records, both recorded..
- Business Description:Human Nature Design & Construction Inc is a design to build and construction firm with a distinguished reputation. Our firm excels in residential and commercial projects. Whether you need help with minor updating, large-scale renovations or new construction, we’ll help you achieve the look you want, on time and within your budgetRecent Review:Leo and his crew where wonderful from the beginning to the end. They was very proud of their work and took the time to answer all our questions during the project. Leo supervised his workers on a dally base and devote the time needed to be at the job. The project was done within our budget and finish few weeks ahead of schedule. We where very happy with the final looks of the new guest houseBen F.
- Business Description:Kevin Smith Land Surveying is a company based in Santa Cruz and started by Kevin Smith, PLS 8237, who has over 25 years of experience in many phases of land surveying assisting clients on commercial, residential, private and public projects. These include boundary and topographic surveys, mapping, Parcel Maps, Record of Surveys, construction layout, FEMA flood certificates and more. The goal is to provide accurate and professional service in a timely matter to all clients
- Business Description:Bay Area Land Surveying, Inc. has served the San Francisco Bay Area since 1995. We have a stellar reputation for the quality and detail of our maps. Our goal is to provide you with the best service possible. To do this, we have developed relationships with the cities and counties we work in. We have a reputation for high quality work, which makes our clients submittal process go smoother. We take pride in being the go-to company for condominium conversions in Oakland, Berkeley, San Franci..Recent Review:They were quick, and had drawings sent to me within a few weeks. My only complaint is price. They charged $5000 to for a detailed survey of only 1/3 of the property. When I needed a letter written to the county verifying my new pool was where the site plan said it was, they asked for an additional $1000 (another surveyor charged 1/3 of that). Do you research before going with BALSINC, or you might end up overpaying. <br /Sean M.
- Business Description:Providing quality Land Surveying services at a fair price - as a land surveyor for more than 20 years, I have broad experience in all aspects of the profession
- Business Description:Consulting Engineers
- Business Description:State Lic.-PLS 6323 - Boundary & Topographic - Construction Layout - Record Of Surveys - Subdivision/Parcel Maps - Legal Descriptions - Aerial Surveys - ALTA Surveys - Land Surveys - Land Surveying
- Business Description:We are a full house design and build firm.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
land surveyors in San Mateo
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Carnes & Associates9505 Sugar Babe Dr
Gilroy, California 95020
- Carnes & Associates
- Hogan Land Services1702 4th Street
Santa Rosa, California 94954
- Hogan Land Services
- JAMES P TANNER552 BEAN CREEK RD #155
Scotts Valley, California 95066
- JAMES P TANNER
- MACLEOD AND ASSPOCIATES965 CENTER ST
San Carlos, California 94070
- MACLEOD AND ASSPOCIATES
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING15015 Los Gatos Blvd
Los Gatos, California 95032
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING