Knowing where your property lines are can help settle a dispute with a neighbor and even prevent an ugly legal battle. This guide will help you draw the line.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Burlingame, CA
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Burlingame
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsI have done many projects with Bryan and Lillian. They are super accurate and comprehensive in their work.
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- Vegvary Land SurveyingDon came very well prepared. He brought historical documents related to the property, and had prepared for the survey prior to coming. He is a local business and is very familiar with the area. He is a second generation surveyor in Lafayette. He and his associate surveyed my irregularly shaped property in about five hours installing monuments at critical locations. At the end Don toured me around the property explaining the various monuments and their significance. A few days later Don provided me with an electronic version of the corner map which clearly defined the property boundaries, the monuments, and notes regarding the various monuments. I won't have to do another survey at this location, but if I ever needed to have one done again, I would happily use Vegvary Land Surveying again
- JAMES P TANNERI can't tell you how helpful and professional Jim was. I gave him a call and told him that we wanted to complete a Letter of Map Amendment for our property (which had been designated Zone AO). He asked me a few questions, then said he would do some research and call me back. When he called back, he explained that we had been misdesignated and needed to contact our mortgage company about it. Jim explained everything incredibly clearly and offered to complete a declaration form for me if I needed it, but suggested I try to fight without it first. After a few phone calls and some faxing, I was able to convince the flood company that did the original designation that they were wrong... no more flood insurance! And all because he was kind and professional enough to do the research and tell me the truth. Needless to say I will be sending him a nice little thank you gift. It's the least I can do for someone who just saved me hundreds of dollars a year
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorI have referred him to many people. They are qualified, competent, and timely. The work they have done has been excellent.
- Vegvary Land SurveyingMr. Vergvary was super helpful. it turned out that I did not need a full survey, and was able to figure out the property line with relatively minor cost. I really appreciated the honest and straightforward approach.
- JAMES P TANNERWow! I called to get a price for some survey work and Mr. Tanner talked to me for 15 minutes to get an understanding of my very difficult problem. He was so helpful, gave me lots of advice and explained the building codes as they apply to my unique situation. In the end, he recommended against doing a survey at this time and offered his services at a later date. He just saved me hundreds of dollars. Thanks for your honesty and help Mr. Tanner
- JAMES P TANNERIn the process of buying a house I was faced with some measurable discrepancies in various records regarding the size of the lot. Mr Tanner took time to patiently answer my questions and address my concerns which really helped feel comfortable moving forward with buying the house. I would highly recommend him
Last update on February 16, 2022
Land Surveyors in Burlingame
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Find land surveyors in
- San Mateo,
- Foster City,
- San Bruno,
- South San Francisco,
- Half Moon Bay,
- San Carlos,
- El Granada,
- Moss Beach,
- Redwood City,
- Daly City,
- San Francisco,
- Menlo Park,
- San Lorenzo,
- San Leandro,
- Palo Alto
land surveyors in Burlingame
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Carnes & Associates9505 Sugar Babe Dr
Gilroy, California 95020
- Carnes & Associates
- Hogan Land Services1702 4th Street
Santa Rosa, California 94954
- Hogan Land Services
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING15015 Los Gatos Blvd
Los Gatos, California 95032
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING
- Pressure Wash Empire LLC7886 Ney Ave
Oakland, California 94605
- Pressure Wash Empire LLC