Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Oakland, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Oakland
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with read less
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him read less
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob read less
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorWe priced 4 different surveyors and Mr. Hammond was in the middle range. He was very responsive and quick to complete the survey once the onsite visit was made. Would be happy to use again and to recommend him to others.
- Carnes & Associatesbeing the first time I ever needed a survey, Gary took the time to call me a few times to go over the process and also gave me (at no extra cost) a few extra drawings and illustrations to show the easements and what they meant. due to the heavy rains in the Bay Area during this time, there was some delay on the survey, however, this could not be controlled and we ended up getting the work done and finalized to my satisfaction and also for the utility companies land department. highly recommend and would definitely use them agai read less
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorThey were very punctual, thorough and professional. It was a bit pricey, IMHO, but they did a great job and I would recommend them.
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorI have referred him to many people. They are qualified, competent, and timely. The work they have done has been excellent.
- JAMES P TANNERWow! I called to get a price for some survey work and Mr. Tanner talked to me for 15 minutes to get an understanding of my very difficult problem. He was so helpful, gave me lots of advice and explained the building codes as they apply to my unique situation. In the end, he recommended against doing a survey at this time and offered his services at a later date. He just saved me hundreds of dollars. Thanks for your honesty and help Mr. Tanner read less
- JAMES P TANNERI am too far from James normal business locations, so he was not available to actually perform the survey in my city. However, James called me in the evening and conducted a very detailed analysis of my situation over the phone. He proposed a strategy of how to work with the lender, the insurer, city engineers and FEMA to resolve the issue quickly and at minimal cost. The issue of "2009 Digital FEMA maps" is a serious one, with many homeowners affected, paying thousands $ in unnecessary flood insurance. Google "Homeowner finds way to avoid buying flood insurance" for a dire description of the situation, U.S. congress is getting involved. I am glad that through Angie's List, I've got James Tanner consultation on this confusing matter read less
- Scan TechBoth Peter and Jose were very professional but friendly. The work was quick and unobtrusive. They scanned our property for pipes that were laid before we purchased the house. They identified and marked where the existing water, sewer, and electrical lines ran through our back yard. They even supplied the depth every ten feet, so we know where and how to dig for any projects we have in the future. They were also very knowledgeable and helpful with everything I asked about. They pointed out issues we should be aware of, including possible failures on certain exposed conduits, as well as the likely condition of the pipes in and out. I highly recommend their services. They are great to work with and very pleasant people read less
Land Surveyors in Oakland
- Business Description:We are an employee-owned engineering, surveying, environmental and planning firm with hands-on expertise and a regional reputation. Our work is our marketing strategy.Recent Review:Robison Engineering recently helped me complete all the State of Nevada requirements to secure water rights on my property. The service I received was outstanding! Nathan and Marcie responded immediately to all my concerns, were highly professional, and knowledgable about the process. The value I received for my dollar was better than expected. All in all, a very positive experience. I would highly recommend this outfit to anyone needing this type of professional service read lessHazel B.
- Business Description:We are a full service land development company with 19 empoloyees, 2 licensed Civil/Structural engineers, 4 licensed surveyors and 8 highly experienced techniciansRecent Review:No one emailed me or called me. No work was discussed or done.Coral E.
- Business Description:L.A. Stevens & Associates, Inc. is a full service Land Surveying firm representing public, private, commercial and attorney clients throughout the Bay Area since 1991, with expertise in Caltrans construction, right-of-way engineering and preliminary design surveys. We provide prompt, professional and cost effective land surveying services to our clients in order to meet comprehensive land surveying requirements. Our unique ability to perform thorough research of survey records, both recorded.. read lessRecent Review:They never emailed or called me. I never got to hire them.Coral E.
- Business Description:Providing land surveying services to homeowners, architects, and contractors.Recent Review:No one called or emailed me. No discussion or work was done.Coral E.
- Business Description:Consulting Engineers
- Business Description:Yes we know, there are lots of mobile marketing companies out there. But we're not all the same. At InSequent, we decided to focus. And our focus is on local business. We give SMBs an end-to-end platform that should tackle every mobile marketing need you may have read less
- Business Description:HGTV Designer/Landscaper. Designed and installed gardens for HGTV on primetime show "Landscape Smart". Office in Los Gatos, CA. All aspects of landscape design, installation and maintenance. High quality, custom craftsman-quality work read lessRecent Review:I cannot recommend this contractor. The contractor did not complete the job in a timely manner and the cost of the project was approximately 20% over the estimated cost. Even after final payment invoices were received and paid, additional invoices were forwarded for payment so it was difficult to follow when this project was finally billed in full. Very poor organization skills and time management read lessIrma B.
- Recent Review:I needed an elevation certificate done on my property. I was referred to Jim Tanner by an insurance company. He came out to do the work which took about 10 minutes to do. I immediately wrote out a check for $600 after his work was done. He promised to have the paper work emailed to me in about a week, but I have not received anything. I've called him twice to remind him and so far gotten a lot of empty promises that he'll work on it. I also have emailed him 3x, but he'll never respond to my emails. I noticed that he has already cashed my check. It's now been about two weeks and still have not received anything. I'm hoping that he has not scammed me and he just pocketed my $600. I will update this review if I ever get anything back from him. Still waiting...... and my flood insurance renewal is coming up fast. <br / read lessMichael K.
- Business Description:Lot lines, property corners, corner records, flood cert., Monument preservation, ALTA. We are a family owned and operated Land survey company operating with a licensed land surveyor with over 20 years of experience. PLS# 9384 Our operations range throughout the bay area as well as serving the central valley. We are a fully operating and insured LLC with all the necessary permitting read less
- Business Description:Bay Area Land Surveying, Inc. has served the San Francisco Bay Area since 1995. We have a stellar reputation for the quality and detail of our maps. Our goal is to provide you with the best service possible. To do this, we have developed relationships with the cities and counties we work in. We have a reputation for high quality work, which makes our clients submittal process go smoother. We take pride in being the go-to company for condominium conversions in Oakland, Berkeley, San Franci.. read lessRecent Review:They were quick, and had drawings sent to me within a few weeks. My only complaint is price. They charged $5000 to for a detailed survey of only 1/3 of the property. When I needed a letter written to the county verifying my new pool was where the site plan said it was, they asked for an additional $1000 (another surveyor charged 1/3 of that). Do you research before going with BALSINC, or you might end up overpaying. <br / read lessSean M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Buying a new home, designing a new addition, or dreaming up a new fence? Hiring a land surveyor is an important step for many big projects. Check out how much a property survey costs and how to budget for this important professional.
Find land surveyors in
- San Leandro
- San Lorenzo
- El Cerrito
- Castro Valley
- Walnut Creek
- San Francisco
- El Sobrante
- Pleasant Hill
- San Pablo
- South San Francisco
- Daly City
land surveyors in Oakland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Bay Area Land Surveying Inc961 Mitchell Way
El Sobrante, California
- BLS Surveying & Mapping1531 Grandview Ave
- Brickhouse Construction, Inc.2964 Hillsdale Dr.
Pleasant Hill, California
- Bright Eagles Construction10381 Singleton Rd
San Jose, California
- Buhler Construction Company3614 16th St. #1
San Francisco, California
- Bay Area Land Surveying Inc
- DOMINGUEZ ASSOCIATES40 HUMBOLDT CT
- DOMINGUEZ ASSOCIATES
- JAMES P TANNER552 BEAN CREEK RD #155
Scotts Valley, California
- JAMES P TANNER
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING15015 Los Gatos Blvd
Los Gatos, California
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING
- Practical RealityPO Box 2594
Mill Valley, California
- Practical Reality
- Solar Land Partners12672 Kane Dr
- Solar Land Partners
- Turnrose Land SurveyingP.O. Box 5648
Redwood City, California
- Turnrose Land Surveying
- Wilson Land Surveys Inc.3001 Winchester Blvd. 11
- Wilson Land Surveys Inc.