When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Alameda, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Alameda
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorWe priced 4 different surveyors and Mr. Hammond was in the middle range. He was very responsive and quick to complete the survey once the onsite visit was made. Would be happy to use again and to recommend him to others.
- Carnes & Associatesbeing the first time I ever needed a survey, Gary took the time to call me a few times to go over the process and also gave me (at no extra cost) a few extra drawings and illustrations to show the easements and what they meant. due to the heavy rains in the Bay Area during this time, there was some delay on the survey, however, this could not be controlled and we ended up getting the work done and finalized to my satisfaction and also for the utility companies land department. highly recommend and would definitely use them agai
- Bay Area Land Surveying IncBay Area Land Surveying, Inc. was quick to respond to my request for a Boundary & Topographic Survey. They were able to provide me with an estimate within a few days of my initial request and then a contract after I agreed with the price. Surveyor Michael Foster and his crew were professional and the survey was done in a timely manner
- Vegvary Land SurveyingHe was professional and prompt. He was able to get us into his schedule quickly. I was very comfortable working with him. He was from the area, so that was nice, too. Everyone was happy with his accurate assessment.
- Wilson Land Surveys Inc.I found them on the internet. They did a property site survey for me in Saratoga. They were quick to get back to me and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. They also worked with my architect to make sure everything that needed to be done was completed. Job was done on time. I referred them to my brother who also used them. They were more than price competitive. Very glad I found them
- JAMES P TANNERWow! I called to get a price for some survey work and Mr. Tanner talked to me for 15 minutes to get an understanding of my very difficult problem. He was so helpful, gave me lots of advice and explained the building codes as they apply to my unique situation. In the end, he recommended against doing a survey at this time and offered his services at a later date. He just saved me hundreds of dollars. Thanks for your honesty and help Mr. Tanner
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorHe was great. When it became difficult to find the back boundary he suggested I could save money by "estimating" the boundary and he would not have to file a new claim. It was a much more reasonable cost for this survey then I suspected.
Land Surveyors in Alameda
- Business Description:Land Surveying ServicesRecent Review:BRYAN PERFORMED THE ORIGINAL SURVEY ON OUR PROPERTY JUST AFTER PURCHASE AND HAS CONTINUED TO PROVIDE AMAZING SERVICE WHEN NEEDED SINCE. HE RECENTLY WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AS WE WORKED TO RESOLVE A CONFLICT WITH A NEIGHBOR REGARDING THE TRUE LOCATION OF THE PROPERTY LINEAMY K.
- Business Description:We are a full service land development company with 19 empoloyees, 2 licensed Civil/Structural engineers, 4 licensed surveyors and 8 highly experienced techniciansRecent Review:We recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you RobDawn S.
- Business Description:Providing land surveying services to homeowners, architects, and contractors.Recent Review:Don came very well prepared. He brought historical documents related to the property, and had prepared for the survey prior to coming. He is a local business and is very familiar with the area. He is a second generation surveyor in Lafayette. He and his associate surveyed my irregularly shaped property in about five hours installing monuments at critical locations. At the end Don toured me around the property explaining the various monuments and their significance. A few days later Don provided me with an electronic version of the corner map which clearly defined the property boundaries, the monuments, and notes regarding the various monuments. I won't have to do another survey at this location, but if I ever needed to have one done again, I would happily use Vegvary Land Surveying again. <br /Steven M.
- Business Description:L.A. Stevens & Associates, Inc. is a full service Land Surveying firm representing public, private, commercial and attorney clients throughout the Bay Area since 1991, with expertise in Caltrans construction, right-of-way engineering and preliminary design surveys. We provide prompt, professional and cost effective land surveying services to our clients in order to meet comprehensive land surveying requirements. Our unique ability to perform thorough research of survey records, both recorded..
- Business Description:Engineering Supply Company
- Business Description:Providing Land Surveying Services to the Bay Area Since 1975
- Business Description:Lea and Braze Engineering is a Consulting Civil Engineering and Surveying firm. We have been active in the San Francisco Bay Area for over twenty-five years, working as team members on construction and development projects of varying sizes. We have grown through the years from a small start-up to a solid medium-sized company with a positive working environment and a reputation for high-quality design and surveying work. Our areas of expertise and experience include subdivision and land planni..Recent Review:The price was about the same as quoted by another popular surveyor, and they were able to come out the day after I signed the contract. The surveyors were very friendly and efficient, and I received the survey documents electronically and by mail very quickly. When the contractor required more detail, they provided it electronically within an hourMadeleine F.
- Business Description:Foresight Land Surveying is a San Francisco based firm providing land surveying and mapping services to the Bay Area and beyond. We provide services for a wide variety of clients, both public and private, who depend on us for our honest, informed, and experienced advice and services. Foresight Land Surveying was founded on the belief that providing top quality, accurate, and thorough services, will meet our client’s objectives and build lasting relationships
- Business Description:HGTV Designer/Landscaper. Designed and installed gardens for HGTV on primetime show "Landscape Smart". Office in Los Gatos, CA. All aspects of landscape design, installation and maintenance. High quality, custom craftsman-quality workRecent Review:I was very impressed with how promptly my call was returned by Dave and Jim and how quickly they put everything together. We worked with Dave and Jim on what we could afford and what product to use. When we settled on the plan, they started very quickly and were only delayed by rain (and we couldn't complain about the rain). They did an excellent job and cleaned up after themselves leaving the place looking great. I was called shortly after the work was done to make sure everything was to my satisfaction. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with the professionalism and desire to please that Jim displayed - he was just wonderful. They did such a professional job that I think this grass with last at the very least 20 years - I couldn't be happier. <br /Ken L.
- Business Description:Land Surveying
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
land surveyors in Alameda
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Carnes & Associates9505 Sugar Babe Dr
Gilroy, California 95020
- Carnes & Associates
- Hogan Land Services1702 4th Street
Santa Rosa, California 94954
- Hogan Land Services
- JAMES P TANNER552 BEAN CREEK RD #155
Scotts Valley, California 95066
- JAMES P TANNER
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING15015 Los Gatos Blvd
Los Gatos, California 95032
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING
- Vegvary Land Surveying3527 Mount Diablo Blvd # 368
Lafayette, California 94549
- Vegvary Land Surveying
- Wilson Land Surveys Inc.3001 Winchester Blvd. 11
Campbell, California 95032
- Wilson Land Surveys Inc.