How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Get matched with top land surveyors in South San Francisco, CA
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in South San Francisco
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsI have done many projects with Bryan and Lillian. They are super accurate and comprehensive in their work.
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorThey came promptly at 8am and spent only about 30 minutes total in the house. I got the official documents via email three days later and in USMail the day after. Fortunately the house's elevation was satisfactory, but in any case the work done was professional and quick. Wade's communications style (mostly via email) is succinct, so don't hesitate to ask questions
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorHe was great. When it became difficult to find the back boundary he suggested I could save money by "estimating" the boundary and he would not have to file a new claim. It was a much more reasonable cost for this survey then I suspected.
- JAMES P TANNERI am too far from James normal business locations, so he was not available to actually perform the survey in my city. However, James called me in the evening and conducted a very detailed analysis of my situation over the phone. He proposed a strategy of how to work with the lender, the insurer, city engineers and FEMA to resolve the issue quickly and at minimal cost. The issue of "2009 Digital FEMA maps" is a serious one, with many homeowners affected, paying thousands $ in unnecessary flood insurance. Google "Homeowner finds way to avoid buying flood insurance" for a dire description of the situation, U.S. congress is getting involved. I am glad that through Angie's List, I've got James Tanner consultation on this confusing matter
- MACLEOD AND ASSPOCIATESI wanted to confirm the location of the property line on the West side of my residential lot for a future fence installation. As I had scheduled installation of a new fence on the North side of the lot to start in about a week, I asked MacLeod and Associates to complete their survey work as soon as possible (to confirm the NW corner of the lot). Even though they said they would need a couple of weeks to complete the work, to which I agreed, they completed the survey within a few days-in time for the North-side fence
- Carnes & Associatesbeing the first time I ever needed a survey, Gary took the time to call me a few times to go over the process and also gave me (at no extra cost) a few extra drawings and illustrations to show the easements and what they meant. due to the heavy rains in the Bay Area during this time, there was some delay on the survey, however, this could not be controlled and we ended up getting the work done and finalized to my satisfaction and also for the utility companies land department. highly recommend and would definitely use them agai
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorI have referred him to many people. They are qualified, competent, and timely. The work they have done has been excellent.
Last update on February 16, 2022
Land Surveyors in South San Francisco
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Buying a new home, building a new addition, or planning a new fence? It’s wise to survey your property. Here's how much it'll cost to hire a land surveyor.
Follow these five steps to regrade your yard around your foundation and help protect your home from water damage.
Find land surveyors in
- San Bruno,
- Daly City,
- San Francisco,
- Moss Beach,
- San Mateo,
- El Granada,
- Foster City,
- Half Moon Bay,
- San Carlos,
- Redwood City,
- San Leandro,
- San Lorenzo
land surveyors in South San Francisco
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Carnes & Associates9505 Sugar Babe Dr
Gilroy, California 95020
- Carnes & Associates
- Hogan Land Services1702 4th Street
Santa Rosa, California 94954
- Hogan Land Services
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING15015 Los Gatos Blvd
Los Gatos, California 95032
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING
- Pressure Wash Empire LLC7886 Ney Ave
Oakland, California 94605
- Pressure Wash Empire LLC