Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Glen Allen, VA
There are 41 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Glen Allen
- Huff Construction, Inc.Overall very good. Materials choices were good. The exterior materials that we chose were more complex than normal but he found out how to use them properly. Everyone that worked on the project did a good job and where there were some issues they fixed them. The only downside was the large Andersen sliding doors and that was on Andersen's side read less
- N Chasen & Son IncCame when they said they would and work was done in a professional and competent manner. the whole experience was a very good one.
- CTR - Cross Timbers RoofingCTR was very professional and courteous. They not only fixed the leaks but explained why they did what they had to do to repair them.
- Troy-Bilt ConstructionIt went great Troy-Bilt- a couple porches for me about 2 or 3 years ago so I decided to call him back to finishing my basement it looks absolutely beautiful it was a blank space I never used it now I'm down there all the time I have a living room, kitchenette, one bedroom and a full-bathroom! I couldn't be more happier with my new finished-In basement. Troy and his guys showed up everyday on time just like they said they would and Troy even gave me ideas that I never even had thought of. I'm so happy that I called Troy again and I can't wait until my next project comes up to have him come back. It was a wonderful experience working with T-B-C Troy is honest reliable and he does excellent work! I would recommend T-B-C to anyone read less
- Troy-Bilt ConstructionIt went awesome from start to finish and we could not be happier with the finished product! Just like last time when they built our custom deck and screened in porch! Troy is a true Craftsman and always does exactly what he says he's going to do without ever trying to cut corners! If we had one message to tell to other people who's looking for a contractor It would have to be not to hesitate on hiring Troy for your project read less
- CTR - Cross Timbers RoofingI am very pleased with the services provided by CTR. The personnel were very help, kind and informative. I would highly recommend CTR to others and would used them again.
- Five Star ConstructionAll work was performed to the highest standard. Remarkably clean while working in my home. The whole team is professional and responsive to any questions. Would absolutely hire again, and recommend to anyone looking for a quality contractor.
- Home Exterior Maintenance LLCHave to provide an update. Mr. Charles, sent me a text that he was coming by to complete the unfinished work. He explained what happen and why there was a time gap in between unfinished work and completion. He feathered the wall and now the door closes completely. Mr. Charles, honored his work. I do recommend his services and would hire him again. Thank you Mr. Charles.. read less
- The Carpentry & Painting Experts LLCLeft message🕛 he returned the call 🕧asked for pictures🏚. Price quoted, arrived on time🕙 ready to work. After seeing the job price did increase some 💰 not too much. Not a big job💲 but he worked with our budget💸. He and his worker were so nice 😁and clean👍🏾.
- Tan the Handyman LLCTan the Handyman should change the name to Tan the Superman. In a single day the pass through was installed, and prepped for electric, lights, and finishing work. The best work, price, and efficiency in Richmond for remodeling. Highly recommend . Before and after photo (taken same day) day it all.
Contractors in Glen Allen
- Business Description:We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today read lessRecent Review:Terrible. He took the stuff off prior a week and dint replace so I have to ask him he said he gonna do it on Friday but he couldn't. I even purchased the stuff he needs for him and he gave me 3 different dates to complete the job. I told him to completed the job by Monday and there's something wrong after they completed the job. He finish the work but its not a good work at all read lessSarah H.
- Business Description:Screened porches, decks, replacement windows, siding, roofing and gutter shutter. We were inducted into the Remodeling BIG50 as of of the nations' top remodelers. We have an A+ BBB rating. Give us a call at 804-346-3300 or go to www.bnwbuilders.com and check out our work read lessRecent Review:I never put much stock into lifetime warranties until now! BNW came out within one day of my calling to report a piece of my gutter got blown off. Gerald was wonderful, explained to me that i needed to clean the outside of my gutters for best performance. He repaired the piece in a few minutes. Thanks to a great company that stood behind its warranty read lessGerald M.
- Business Description:We are a small, local business that currently subcontracts for a large painting company. We are trying to branch out and grow on our own path to success. We appreciate your time and look forward to your business read lessRecent Review:Very well. We are 100% satisfied. The end result was fantastic, I can hardly believe how good everything looks. Lucio was pleasant and responsive. Easy to work with and have in the house. I would use him again and recommend him to others read lessVAUGHN R.
- Business Description:We're a woman owned locally operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer a variety of Home Improvement Design services that are customizable to each individual project. We specialize in Kitchen & Bathroom Design and Wood Floor Design, but we also offer a wide range of expertise for a variety of other projects. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to buildi.. read lessRecent Review:He was a very good contractor. He did an excellent work. He did a good work.Rachael S.
- Business Description:N. Chasen and Son has been protecting and beautifying homes in the Richmond and the surrounding counties for 100 years. We employ the finest craftsman--experienced and dedicated painters and carpenters. Our workers undergo a criminal background check and periodic drug screening. All workers are employees, and we do not use subcontractors. We are fully licensed (Class A contractor, 2701 005889A) and insured. We are an EPA certified lead-safe contractor (NAT-21637-0) All estimates are w.. read lessRecent Review:It went well and we are very satisfied.Victor Y.
- Business Description:Class "A" Licensed, Design/Build specialty General Contractor, Free design consultation. BBB member since 1986. Custom decks, pressure treated decks, composite decks featuring TimberTech, AZEK, & Wolf products, deck renovations, screened and open porches, porch enclosures, 3 season rooms featuring Custom Window Weather Lite Vinyl Pane Windows, sun room addtions, other room additions, and in-law suites.We will help you design it and we'll build it for you!! Please call the office at 804-285.. read lessRecent Review:16x24 deck attached to the house with composite decking and pergola.tom g.
- Business Description:CLASS A CONTRACTOR#2705102343A--VA. 19 EMPLOYEES ..WE DO MOST OF THE WORK OURSELVES PERSONALLY USING VERY FEW SUBCONTRACTORS ...THE OWNER OF HUFF CONS. IS ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN EVERY PROJECT ...WE CAN BUILD ANY HOUSE OR DO ANY ADDITIONS OR RENOVATIONS YOU DESIR read lessRecent Review:Overall very good. Materials choices were good. The exterior materials that we chose were more complex than normal but he found out how to use them properly. Everyone that worked on the project did a good job and where there were some issues they fixed them. The only downside was the large Andersen sliding doors and that was on Andersen's side read lessRodney O.
- Business Description:Ballard Mensua Architecture, led by Seth Ballard, NCARB, AIA, is a boutique architecture firm with a focus on creating truly custom designs and solutions for our clients. We have very strong vendor and contractor relationships, a result of our detailed understanding of construction. Unlike many architects, who like to design and then hand over control to the builder, Ballard Mensua maintains control of management of the project throughout construction. We have a unique cost-study process that.. read lessRecent Review:We just finished a spectacular custom home project in McLean, VA and we are so very grateful to Seth Ballard and his team! If you are considering hiring his firm, look no further. There can be no better architect in the DC/VA/MD area – and his pricing is more than fair. We first picked Seth because we loved his architectural style and heard that he had a reputation for ensuring that his plans are executed with impeccable precision and attention to quality. Also, his references were stellar….without exception, his former clients offered glowing praise for his talent, diligence, and follow-through. And now that we are former clients, we understand why. We always knew we were going to have a gem of a home with Seth at the helm. What we did not fully appreciate at the beginning was his proven ability to help us STAY ON BUDGET and his deep bench of connections with first-rate contractors and subcontractors who were prepared to bend over backward to meet Seth’s exacting standards. Here are just a few highlights from our experience: CONCEPT PHASE: During the initial meetings at our home, Seth went the extra mile to learn all about our lifestyle, future needs, architectural likes/dislikes, and budget. During this stage of the process, he would effortlessly make freehand drawings to help us visualize potential styles and layouts. We ultimately elected to go with a craftsman design, with lots of wood features inside and out. PICKING THE RIGHT PROPERTY: Seth joined us for car rides through the local neighborhoods, helping us to scout out the property that was best suited for our construction plans – free of any potential HOA or permitting snafus. DESIGN: With Seth’s guidance, we iterated on different design options. The design phase was high-tech and highly visual. Lots of 2D and 3D elevations, plus 360-degree videos. At each step, Seth clearly identified the estimated construction cost, and we would make decisions about what to dial-up and what to dial-down. For example, we elected to go with a cheaper asphalt roof (rather than slate), but with a more premium window. There were literally dozens of choices like that, and Seth did a superb job of helping us to make the right trade-offs and to “value engineer” the house. PICKING THE RIGHT CONTRACTOR AND SUBS: One of the things that distinguishes Seth from the competition is that he works closely with a handful of contractors and subcontractors who have already been “pre-screened” for excellence. Seth connected us with a general contractor who was not only honest and diligent, but whose carpentry was truly “artisan grade.” Seth also drew upon a stable of outstanding subcontractors – in areas such as HVAC/plumbing, electrical/lighting, structural engineering, cabinetry, tile, drywall/paint, countertops, hardwood flooring, landscaping, etc. It was perfectly clear that these subs were striving to deliver the highest quality and exemplary service. Why? Because Seth was an important source of repeat business for them. This made them extremely responsive. BUDGETING: Seth developed detailed spreadsheets estimating costs for every aspect of the project, as well as options for “enhancements.” Once we made our choices, he was instrumental in securing a FLAT FEE CONTRACT with the builder (inclusive of subs) for everything we wanted. To provide even more control over the cost, the agreement specified that certain items would be “owner provided, contractor installed.” This meant that, regardless of whether we bought pricey appliances or tile or flooring, it would have no impact of the builder’s fees. To his credit, Seth’s estimates were quite accurate, and the project stayed on budget. ARCHITECT FEES: We negotiated a flat fee for Seth’s architectural services, and got way more than we bargained for. We had no idea Seth would stay so engaged throughout the project -- micromanaging every detail, and even offering interior design suggestions (e.g., stains and paints, cabinet and window designs, furniture layouts, etc.). It became clear that, regardless of how much we had agreed to pay in fees, Seth was “all in,” and was committed to ensuring that the end result was perfection. To be sure, in any large construction project, there will be some hiccups. But this was yet another area where Seth shined. Rather than being indifferent, or pointing the finger at those who were actually at fault, he would step up to “own the problem” and take charge until the issue was resolved. In one such case, he developed a design tweak that saved us money and produced a more beautiful result in the process. We never had to stress too much, because we knew Seth was 100% engaged and we could trust that the final work product would be a treasure of a home. One final thought. While Seth’s tremendous talent is obviously perfect for large custom projects, we have no doubt that he can deliver outstanding value for smaller home renovations too. When we did kitchen/bath renovations in our prior home, we naively thought that a “design-and-build” firm would deliver the best solution. With the benefit of hindsight, we could have done so much better hiring Seth as the independent architect and separately hiring a builder who would be accountable to the architect. The result would have been better quality construction, a better value, and far less stress. So whether you are about to embark on a modest remodel or getting ready to “dream big” with a new custom home, look no further than Ballard Mensua Architecture read lessjack l.
- Business Description:Trogdon Enterprises is a Family Owned and Operated business, with over 14 years of experience. You'll find with Trogdon Enterprises, phone calls get returned, schedules are met, budgets are adhered to and corners don’t get cut. We are a high quality contractor and re-modeler working in the Richmond area. We are extremely proud of the services we provide. Our home improvement services will not only add curb appeal to your home or business, but value to your property. Trogdon Enterprises is Lic.. read lessRecent Review:Was given dates 6/15 - 6/19 and the work was completed by 6/17. Everything was done professionally the workers arrived by 8:30 each day and completed their days work by 5, and I am more than satisfied with the quality of the work and the professionalism. If I had any questions they were addressed within a reasonable amount of time. I received my quote for the work by email which was great I paid the first half of the payment up front on that same email, and when the work was complete I received an email and the remainder of the total cost was transacted on that email. I would recommend them highly read lessNeva N.
- Business Description:Five Star Construction has been a family owned and operated business since 2000. We are fully licensed and insured. All of our electrical and plumbing work is completed by our licensed and insured professionals. Our billing procedures are a standard 1/3 up front, 1/3 when half way through the job and the final 1/3 to be paid upon the customers satisfaction of work completed. We accept all forms of payment including credit cards read lessRecent Review:5 star construction did a great job. We had an old fiberglass 3 piece tub ripped out and a new ceramic/steel tub installed. They did tile work all the way to the ceiling with a herringbone trim and 2 niches. Their price was less than 2 other quotes we received and their work was impeccable. Very time conscience and professional. I would highly recommend giving 5 STAR CONSTRUCTION a call for all you remodeling needs. read lessBrian C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Manakin Sabot
- Bon Air
- Highland Springs
- Ruther Glen
general contractors in Glen Allen
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Class Above Home Rehab12521 Serenity Ct
Glen Allen, Virginia
- A Woman'S Stroke Painting4117 Monarch Crescent Dr
- Abby Construction Co Inc1319 Lafayette Blvd Ste 100
- Add A Deck Inc.6408 Mallory Drive
- AJ Home Improvement Co.3720 West Drive
- AJ Pitman Construction2231 Autumn Oaks Ln
- AK Homes2140 Haleford ct.
- Alex&Son Contractor2015 west Broad Street
- all american constuction2231 stratford road
- All In 1 Home Services LLC13401 Dykeland Ter
Amelia Court House, Virginia
- All Professional Trades, LLC6100 Newington Drive
North Chesterfield, Virginia
- ALL TRADES HANDY SERVICES
- All-N-1 Services Inc4224 Old Hundred Rd
- allphase home repair and improvements9741 Fordwych Dr
- Allstar Drywall & Repair2313 Old Coach Ct
- Alphin and Associates LLC22 Villa Ave
- ALTICE PAINTING INC530 Butterwood Cir
- American Beauty Contractors997 Swan Ln
Ruther Glen, Virginia
- American Specialty Construction, LLC5607 Indigo Rd
- Apex Construction Solutions LLC301 Masonic Ln
- Aspen Home Improvements2653 Lititz Pike
- A Class Above Home Rehab
- B.G.B. Construction, Inc.3207 New Found Ln.
- Ballard & Mensua Architecture5185 MacArthur Blvd #370 Ste 312
Washington, District Of Columbia
- Barham Construction Services LLC1852 Wicker Woods Drive
- Barnett Construction10118 St. Jane Ave.
North Chestfield, Virginia
- Bell Hauling & Construction4317 Three Bridge RD
- Bellescape Companies Of Richmond11101 Dabneys Mill Rd
- Benjamin Moore Drywall LLC313 McMurdo St
- Bennetts Home Improvement4807 Monaco Dr
- BK Martin Inc199 River Rd W
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
- BlackStone Commercial and Residential Improvements8332 Ridgerun Pl
- Blounts Home Improvements3030 Partlow Rd
- Blue Heron Construction, Inc.9432 Atlee Commerce Blvd
- BlueKnows Repairs2025 East Main Street-suite 16
- BNW Builders8601 Staples Mill Rd.
- Bon Air Contracting5420 Newbys Wood Trl
- Bon Air Exteriors Inc6802 Hull Street Rd
North Chesterfield, Virginia
- BOSE CONSTRUCTION CO., LLC10221 Krause Rd #2753
- Bowman Building Corp11553 Leiden Lane
- Bryan Polo Construction8059 Varina Rd
- BT Fitzgerald Painting & Powerwashing LLC3421 Roxbury Rd
Charles City, Virginia
- BTS Renovations LLC3022 Groveland Ave
- Bubbas Handyman Service3803 Chamberlayne Ave A3
- Bubbas Handyman Service3803 Chamberlayne Avenue A3
- BUDGET GLASS INC5609 HULL STREET RD
- Burruss Painting1910 Fenton Street
- B.G.B. Construction, Inc.
- C & R Custom Framing CLASS A Builders4428 Shepherds Road
- C W Improvements9911 Asia Way
- Cara Brava2915 Griffin Ave
- CarpenTech Remodeling L.L.C.9117 Peace Mill Place
Glen Allen, Virginia
- Carpentry and Masonry Home Repair13507 Orchid Dr
- CASE HANDYMAN SERVICE1327 POINDEXTER ST
- CD Mullen General Contractor5200 Summer Plains Dr
- CD Royal Handyman & Home Improvement1508 1/2 Williamsburg Rd
- Certified Builders4810 Candlelight pl
Glen Allen, Virginia
- Champion Development Inc1600 White Cedar Ln
North Chesterfield, Virginia
- Childress Construction4463 Mechanicsville Turnpike
- Christian Construction Services2501 Jewett Drive
- Christian renovation network 1706 Devers Rd
- Clay West - Handyman3931 RoundHill Drive
- Collawn Construction Co.8401 Mayland Dr Suite F
- Creative Century Home ImprovementPO Box 2833
- Creative Concepts LLCPO Box 1511
King George, Virginia
- Creative Construction and Home Improvement6906 Chelton Rd.
- Creative Design HomesPO BOX 5391
- Creative painting and wood pros5118 Forest Acres Ln
- Creative Transitions, LLC2316 Ingram Avenue
- CSC Construction Inc16291 Hennessy Way
- CTR - Cross Timbers Roofing9000 Pams Ave
- Curmar Contracting, LLC5118 boscobel ave
- Custom Built and Painted12750 JEFFERSON DAVIS HWY
- Custom Solutions7097 pole green rd
- Custom Woodworks14931 Blue Rock Drive
- Customer Service Enterprise6 maid marion circle
Newport News, Virginia
- C & R Custom Framing CLASS A Builders
- D&J Affordable Services5820 Matoaca Rd
- D. B. Rankin General Contractor Inc9504 Nandina Dr
- Dino's Contracting Services, LLC1916 Wrens Nest Rd
- DOMINION PRESERVATION COMPANY, LLC204 Bayly Court
- DPG Construction, LLC1601 Lake Randolph Drive
- DRAMATIC CHANGES PAINTING16820 JAYDEE CT
- DTC Const.inc.12371 Winns Church Rd
Glen Allen, Virginia
- D&J Affordable Services
- EAGLE CONSTUCTION4191 INNSLAKE DR STE 100
Glen Allen, Virginia
- EAGLE PEAK CONSTRUCTION LLC211 DUNDEE AVE
- Earth and Stone Construction785 Oak Grove Dr
- East End Contracting3715 Britton Rd.
- ED'S HOME REPAIR10831 west broad st 203
Glen Allen, Virginia
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elwood R Agnor Jr3300 Oconto Rd.
- Endless Additions Contracting4330 Three Bridge Rd
- EnviroGroup LLC3407 Floyd Ave Indoor Environmental Consultant-Engineer,
- Exceptional Construction and Painting, LLC7563 Sambar Rd
- Express Home Improvement & Landscaping2505 Byron St
- Exterior Alternatives Inc5601 Gilling Rd
North Chesterfield, Virginia
- Exterior Medics7540 Accotink Park Rd
- Exterior Source12701 Oak Lake Trl
- Extreme-Expressions1255 Dana Ln
Colonial Heights, Virginia
- EAGLE CONSTUCTION