Ready to move into your new home? Not so fast. Consider completing these six home projects before move-in day.
Get matched with top moving companies in Charlottesville, VA
There are 20 highly-rated local moving companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Movers Reviews in Charlottesville
- REGENCY MOVING & STORAGE LLCFrom the moment we called Regency Moving and Storage, we were impressed by the difference in customer service as opposed to another agency we called. The owner of the company came out that very day to review the services of his company and give an estimate for the move. He was articulate, respectful and honest. We were again very pleased with the packing and moving experience. Everyone was pleasant and very hard working. The job was done in a very timely manner. We stored our things for 3 months before moving into our new home. Not one thing was damaged upon receipt of our goods! We are retired Army and thus have had many moving experiences and this, by far, was the best!! I would highly recommend Regency Moving and Storage!
- Metropolitan Moving & StorageIt doesn't get much better. We have moved quite a bit and know what constitutes a good move and a bad move. This was an excellent move. From the very beginning, the process was easy, efficient, timely and completely professional. I submitted my request online and was called within the next hour or so the same day to schedule an appointment for an in-home estimate. Eddie, the estimator, was prompt for his appointment. He quickly provided us an estimate, and a basic summary of the company. He did not try to upsell us on anything. He simply presented the company and their methods and policies. On the day of the move, the movers arrived 30 minutes early and immediately starting working. Dave and his crew were professional, pleasant, and even funny. They handled everything with care and not one thing was broken! They also took the time to disassemble and re-assemblage our very large bed and desks properly (something the previous movers did not do). Their care and attention to detail was exceptional from start to finish. The icing on the cake -- the estimate fell approximately $400 under what we expected (a pleasant surprise). While I hope we don't have to move again soon, we will certainly call them again and we have recommended them to our friends in the DC area
- Great Job Moving and StorageThe move never happened because I was misquoted. The quote doubled because someone didn't factor in drive time days before the scheduled move. I highly disappointed and now having to scramble to find last minute movers. The rep was pushy and guaranteed he'd do a good job. Mistake!!! Should have never believed a pushy representative. Will not try this company again!!
- Moving ForwardSuperb workers — BUT some tips for dealing with mgmt This review is five stars — for the workers, who are by far the most important part of the company and the ones you'll be interacting with most. They were excellent, hard-working, and professional throughout (with one exception, but I'm told he's no longer there). * SEBASTIEN was absolutely fantastic. He helped with packing two days and the move on day 3. He was extremely skilled and organized, quick and efficient, professional to his fingertips, and fun to chat with on day 2. He's been doing this for 16 years and headed our team. Trust me, this guy is an ace. Make sure to request him on your team. * SKYLER also helped with packing on the first day and was great to work with. Mgmt had screwed up the scheduling for my reserved time so they had a lot less time to pack, and we ended up going late into that night, but Skyler kept a positive attitude and worked extremely hard. He was also fun to chat with, which helped the day go much more quickly, while still staying entirely professional. I really, really wish he had come back on day 3 for the move, instead of the new guy. * LUCAS helped with the move on day 3, and he too was professional and excellent, and worked so hard. He got the stairs at both places, on a hot August day, and stayed positive and just kept on going. He was great and pleasant to work with, and really careful that everything went to the right place. * The one caveat was a new guy who came to help with the move on day 3, though he left early. I've also been told he is no longer with the company (so may not be relevant to other moves). He said his name was Tsay. He was moving things from the apartment out to the stairs. So Tsay was inside with me from 9am-1pm with no one else around. Within 5 minutes, he started hitting on me — and this went on for 3 1/2 hours (!). He would not take no (50 different ways) for an answer. Unequivocal harassment. Once he got a very hard no around 12:30, he became resentful and hostile for the rest of the day. It was extremely unpleasant and, for a woman with bad past experiences, very intimidating and uncomfortable. It made the morning and parts of the afternoon when I had to interact with him just awful. Why on earth didn't they send Skyler from Tuesday, instead of this guy?! That would have made the day go quickly, and he would have stayed professional *and* worked quickly and efficiently. SMH. Abby told me the next day "the worker you mentioned was let go this morning", so hopefully Tsay won't be a risk for anyone else. But considering mgmt's lack of follow through on other things, just a fair warning that if this guy does show up, buyer beware. As for the mgmt... well, I know it is hard to find a good company in the moving business. But I do have a few warnings/tips for dealing with them (Abby, Kenny, and the owner Max). 1. If Kenny, one of the managers, calls to ask you if he can delay your scheduled time bc there's an "emergency at the office" — just say no. I agreed to wait, but it wasn't an emergency, he just wanted to do a last minute job instead of my reserved one. Kenny then didn't follow through on any of the promises he made in the morning (they were later; he didn't keep me updated; he didn't come himself; he didn't talk to Abby about making up the time or "doing something for my bill"). This company likes being able to help people in tough spots. BUT IF you have reserved in advance, another person's lack of planning does not constitute your emergency. Just say no. Keep your time, bc mgmt is too busy to keep track of it and communicate with each other to fix the problems their delay will create. 2. Mgmt seems to have difficulties with communication, both with you and each other, once a job has started. Confirm everything explicitly with everyone else, even if they say they'll tell the other person (eg if Kenny says he'll tell Abby X Y Z). Keep it short and concise. Be VERY clear about what you're saying. Do their communication for them. 3. They may underestimate the time needed to get your job done. (1.5x for me.) So, if you need your estimate to prepare your expenses and/or to get reimbursement of any kind, err on the side of caution and set aside quite a bit more. 4. Be prepared for them to bill you on the spot at the end of the work, over the phone. And keep your checkbook out, bc they will charge you a 3.5% fee if you pay by card. (They apparently don't cover their Quickbooks fees but pass them on to the customer — they could cover them in their overhead / build them into their prices, that's a perfectly normal practice, I am also a business owner.) OVERALL, it's really the WORKERS who make the move and who you will be spending your time with. SEBASTIEN, SKYLER, and LUCAS were solid gold, and I highly recommend them. If you're careful with mgmt, things should go okay. As moving companies go, this is a good one, and I'd definitely recommend it for those excellent workers
- Campbell Moving & Storage IncBest move ever - 18th for me, 29th for my wife (thanks primarily to US Army + US Air Foce for her time as a military brat). -Hired based on a hand shake. -Showed up on time and got done much faster than expected at both locations. -Only one breakage...which is best ever in our experience. LADIES BEWARE: The whole crew was a bunch of good looking Latinos
- Movers USA IncTeam was very professional and respectful took great care with all furniture and personal belongings. I would highly recommend them to others and use their services again myself.
- Town & Country Movers IncIt went very well overall. We are not completely unpacked but so far, we have found two broken bakeware pieces and the sustain pedal on our grand piano appears to be stuck. We plan to contact them for resolution of these and any other issues that may arise. I would highly recommend this company. They were easy to work with, punctual and there were no hidden charges that popped up at any time. A certain amount of breakage is unavoidable and so far, it is minimal. Our heirloom china is in perfect condition
- Marathon Moving Company IncIt went wonderfully. They are an excellent company. The packing was done professionally. The man in charge made the orders and the team followed the efficiently. It was efficient and went swiftly. The group was well balanced. One of the drivers knew what he was doing and did a great job. Marathon was wonderful about keeping the truck over night for several nights before taking it on the road because my husband I needed the extra time to make our trip to Virgina. One the truck arrived, the boss (who was the driver) was there. The unpacking was swift and efficient. The whole move was terrific. Marathon has won a number of awards which is the reason I looked very seriously
- Big Tuck Moving TruckCorey and his cousin were outstanding ... incredibly helpful, hardworking and professional. We highly recommend them, and would hire them again in a flash.
- William B Meyer, Inc.I knew that moving during the pandemic would be a challenge, but everything about the way this company handled my interstate move was a nightmare. The moving truck showed up several hours later than they said they would; the crew members were gruff and rude, and instead of wrapping my upholstered furniture in plastic, they wrapped everything in soiled moving blankets that left my sofa and chairs filthy. Worst of all, I just discovered (8 months after the move) that a marble tabletop that has been in my family for generations, and which I had the crew put in my basement for storage, was delivered in two pieces, and then covered up with bins of throw pillows so I couldn't see at the time that it was broken. I am furious that they destroyed this heirloom, and angry at myself for hiring this terrible company
Last update on November 16, 2022
Movers in Charlottesville
Deals in Charlottesville for Moving Companies
Make moving easier by choosing professional movers in Charlottesville
Relocating is a big deal, sometimes overlapping with the beginning of a new life adventure or a big change. Whether you’ve just purchased your dream home, are looking for a change of pace in a new state, or you’re making a move as a result of a job change, the process of moving can take lots of work and is physically and mentally stressful.
Getting moving help from a mover in Charlottesville reduces how much work you have to put into the moving process, which leaves you more free to attend to other moving details and maybe get to enjoy the move. One method to hire the most suitable mover for your move is to launch your search on our platform.
Start by keying in a ZIP code and answering some questions about your planned move. Angi then returns a select roster of moving companies nearby that are likely suitable. You can discover more about each mover and look at feedback and reviews to see former customers' experiences.
Make use of that information to generate a shortlist, and begin reaching out to pros for quotes today.
Finding the best moving service
Get peace of mind when you know you did everything you could to select the right mover. Before you set up a moving date with a company in Charlottesville, you should ask questions and take under consideration several factors. This includes what options the mover provides and the method they use to hire their employees. We’ve laid out some of the basics in the following so you have an idea of what to look for.
- Does the mover deal with longer moves? Many contractors exclusively take on gigs within a particular area while others offer long-distance moving services that might take you across state lines. Choose a mover with experience in the kind of move you have planned.
- Which additional services does the moving company provide? Some moving companies only load up your belongings into a moving van, transport them to a new location, and off load them there. But you can also hire moving services that provide a full spectrum of other services, including packing items, disassembling furniture, unpacking items, assembling furniture, and temporary storage.
- How much does the moving company charge for services? Moving costs are often difficult to determine, so take some time to decipher the fee schedules for moving companies you’re thinking about using. Some charge per hour, some assess their fees by the weight or volume of the things being moved, while some assess a flat fee. Pay attention to extra expenses including mileage charges or charges for each box that can increase overall costs.
- How will your belongings be moved? Which sort of vans or other containers does the moving company use? You can also want to ask how the moving service secures your possessions and if it also provides padding and moving blankets.
- Is the moving service legally insured? Do not work with a moving company that doesn’t carry liability insurance for its workers, equipment, vans, and trucks, and your things while in their care.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Avoid altitude sickness and make your new home in a mountainous area more enjoyable with these seven tips for acclimating to high altitudes.
Moving a grandfather clock isn’t a one-person job, but it’s possible with elbow grease and careful planning. This guide (and a little bubble wrap) can help.
Find moving companies in
- North Garden,
- Free Union,
- Lake Monticello,
- Fork Union,
moving companies in Charlottesville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Leon White Movers Inc319 6 1/2 St SW
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
- Milo the Mover1740 Broadway st.
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
- Noonan's Handyman & Landscape Design2110 Bentivar Dr
Charlottesville, Virginia 22911
- Professional Movers Inc1550 Garden Ct
Charlottesville, Virginia 22901
- Residential Surveying Services1701D Allied St., Suite 7
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
- Silent MoversPO BOX 1314
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
- Student Services Moving & Storage Company1501 Avon St Ext.
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
- Leon White Movers Inc
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
Indianapolis, Indiana 46240
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 2141 E Magnolia St
Phoenix, Arizona 85034
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15236
- American Moving and Storage1605 Waterlick Rd
Lynchburg, Virginia 24501
- AMERICAN OF VIRGINIA INC1522 N DELPHINE AVE
Waynesboro, Virginia 22980
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York 10454
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
Manalathan, Florida 33462
- Mashav Relocation12022 Old Baltimore Pike
Beltsville, Maryland 20705
- Michael & Son Services Richmond1407 Cummings Drive
Richmond, Virginia 23233
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
Sullivan, Missouri 63080
- Mover Dudes Inc1114 Fairfax Pike Suite 1
White Post, Virginia 22663
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
Trenton, Georgia 30752
- Moving Ahead Services LLC4708 TOPPS INDUSTRIAL PKWY
Willoughby, Ohio 44094
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
Miami, Florida 33130
- Moving By BrianPost Office Box 2282
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22801
- Mansion Movers
- Quality Moving ServicesPO Box 331
Chesterfield, Virginia 23832
- Quality Moving Services
- Ship Smart Inc1200 G St NW Ste 800
Washington, District Of Columbia 20005
- Ship Smart Inc
- TNT Furniture Movers1411 S Hawthorne Ave
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57105
- TNT Furniture Movers
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
Chicago, Illinois 60654
- United States Logistics
- Vicky Lu's Moving & Hauling LLC12 S Summit Ave Suite 100 Office A24
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877
- Vicky Lu's Moving & Hauling LLC