If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Get matched with top moving companies in Charlottesville, VA
There are 29 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Charlottesville
- Moving ForwardSuperb workers — BUT some tips for dealing with mgmt This review is five stars — for the workers, who are by far the most important part of the company and the ones you'll be interacting with most. They were excellent, hard-working, and professional throughout (with one exception, but I'm told he's no longer there). * SEBASTIEN was absolutely fantastic. He helped with packing two days and the move on day 3. He was extremely skilled and organized, quick and efficient, professional to his fingertips, and fun to chat with on day 2. He's been doing this for 16 years and headed our team. Trust me, this guy is an ace. Make sure to request him on your team. * SKYLER also helped with packing on the first day and was great to work with. Mgmt had screwed up the scheduling for my reserved time so they had a lot less time to pack, and we ended up going late into that night, but Skyler kept a positive attitude and worked extremely hard. He was also fun to chat with, which helped the day go much more quickly, while still staying entirely professional. I really, really wish he had come back on day 3 for the move, instead of the new guy. * LUCAS helped with the move on day 3, and he too was professional and excellent, and worked so hard. He got the stairs at both places, on a hot August day, and stayed positive and just kept on going. He was great and pleasant to work with, and really careful that everything went to the right place. * The one caveat was a new guy who came to help with the move on day 3, though he left early. I've also been told he is no longer with the company (so may not be relevant to other moves). He said his name was Tsay. He was moving things from the apartment out to the stairs. So Tsay was inside with me from 9am-1pm with no one else around. Within 5 minutes, he started hitting on me — and this went on for 3 1/2 hours (!). He would not take no (50 different ways) for an answer. Unequivocal harassment. Once he got a very hard no around 12:30, he became resentful and hostile for the rest of the day. It was extremely unpleasant and, for a woman with bad past experiences, very intimidating and uncomfortable. It made the morning and parts of the afternoon when I had to interact with him just awful. Why on earth didn't they send Skyler from Tuesday, instead of this guy?! That would have made the day go quickly, and he would have stayed professional *and* worked quickly and efficiently. SMH. Abby told me the next day "the worker you mentioned was let go this morning", so hopefully Tsay won't be a risk for anyone else. But considering mgmt's lack of follow through on other things, just a fair warning that if this guy does show up, buyer beware. As for the mgmt... well, I know it is hard to find a good company in the moving business. But I do have a few warnings/tips for dealing with them (Abby, Kenny, and the owner Max). 1. If Kenny, one of the managers, calls to ask you if he can delay your scheduled time bc there's an "emergency at the office" — just say no. I agreed to wait, but it wasn't an emergency, he just wanted to do a last minute job instead of my reserved one. Kenny then didn't follow through on any of the promises he made in the morning (they were later; he didn't keep me updated; he didn't come himself; he didn't talk to Abby about making up the time or "doing something for my bill"). This company likes being able to help people in tough spots. BUT IF you have reserved in advance, another person's lack of planning does not constitute your emergency. Just say no. Keep your time, bc mgmt is too busy to keep track of it and communicate with each other to fix the problems their delay will create. 2. Mgmt seems to have difficulties with communication, both with you and each other, once a job has started. Confirm everything explicitly with everyone else, even if they say they'll tell the other person (eg if Kenny says he'll tell Abby X Y Z). Keep it short and concise. Be VERY clear about what you're saying. Do their communication for them. 3. They may underestimate the time needed to get your job done. (1.5x for me.) So, if you need your estimate to prepare your expenses and/or to get reimbursement of any kind, err on the side of caution and set aside quite a bit more. 4. Be prepared for them to bill you on the spot at the end of the work, over the phone. And keep your checkbook out, bc they will charge you a 3.5% fee if you pay by card. (They apparently don't cover their Quickbooks fees but pass them on to the customer — they could cover them in their overhead / build them into their prices, that's a perfectly normal practice, I am also a business owner.) OVERALL, it's really the WORKERS who make the move and who you will be spending your time with. SEBASTIEN, SKYLER, and LUCAS were solid gold, and I highly recommend them. If you're careful with mgmt, things should go okay. As moving companies go, this is a good one, and I'd definitely recommend it for those excellent workers
- Big Tuck Moving TruckCorey and his cousin were outstanding ... incredibly helpful, hardworking and professional. We highly recommend them, and would hire them again in a flash.
- Worth MovingThe movers were very polite, careful, helpful and moved everything to the correct location. Their trailer was very clean too. Would recommend using Worth moving to everyone.
- Worth MovingI would recommend this company to anyone getting ready for this very stressful experience. Polite and professional goes with out saying!! Not only were the employees of this company totally professional and careful when I was around, I had occasion to visit the warehouse unannounced to pick up some boxes and observed a bunch of busy bees. They were unloading and loading trucks and using the care and precision they would use on their own belongings. The warehouse is clean as a whistle and I feel very safe leaving some of my prize possessions there in their care
- Worth MovingThere was a bit of a mishap that happened during the move. Wasn't really satisfied with the service but since they ameneded it, I consider recommending them to other howmeowners as well.
- Metropolitan Moving & StorageIt doesn't get much better. We have moved quite a bit and know what constitutes a good move and a bad move. This was an excellent move. From the very beginning, the process was easy, efficient, timely and completely professional. I submitted my request online and was called within the next hour or so the same day to schedule an appointment for an in-home estimate. Eddie, the estimator, was prompt for his appointment. He quickly provided us an estimate, and a basic summary of the company. He did not try to upsell us on anything. He simply presented the company and their methods and policies. On the day of the move, the movers arrived 30 minutes early and immediately starting working. Dave and his crew were professional, pleasant, and even funny. They handled everything with care and not one thing was broken! They also took the time to disassemble and re-assemblage our very large bed and desks properly (something the previous movers did not do). Their care and attention to detail was exceptional from start to finish. The icing on the cake -- the estimate fell approximately $400 under what we expected (a pleasant surprise). While I hope we don't have to move again soon, we will certainly call them again and we have recommended them to our friends in the DC area
- Moving Made EasyThe crew (two men) was on time and completed the job in less than 2 hours. They were careful with the furniture.
- Quality Moving ServicesThey made it so easy, I really appreciated all the work they did. I had hired them before to move and when it was time to move again, they were who I called. If I ever have to move again I will definitely hire them. Recommend for sure!
- Duker's Movers LLCJohnny and his assistant came to do a two hour job. We could not lift heavy couches and many containers and boxes. The request was done in the last minute as I called a couple days prior to the appointment. I was pleased with Johnny as he tried to accommodate our schedule. They came on Sunday. The job was done professionally. We would hire his company again if we moved out of our house
- Big Tuck Moving TruckIt went really well. The guys were friendly, professional and polite. They provided an estimate ahead of time and charged what was estimated. They were very prompt in getting back to me which was important because of the time restraint I was under. They placed the items in the house where I wanted them and even removed some old furniture for me
Movers in Charlottesville
- Business Description:Our Mission: Making Moving Day More A Joy Than A Job. Is it ‘trust’ you are looking for in a Maryland Moving Company? We all know it is hard to ‘trust’ anyone. At Mashav Relocation we understand that. Nothing is more important than family – so we treat yours like ours. Whether you are moving from Baltimore or any other part of Maryland, Mashav Relocation assures you a safe and happy moving experience. Let our years of experience make your move hassle free. Moving to, from or within the Baltim..Recent Review:The entire transaction was spectacular. From receiving a quote quickly and scheduling the move day with May to receiving a confirmation call from Ron the day before the move to the smoothness of move day. On move day, Brian and his team were on time, efficient and professional. I moved my items from a house to a storage unit. When I am ready to move my items out of storage, I will contact Mashav Relocation againNadine D.
- Business Description:**Call us today for your FREE estimate!** With over 30 years of experience, Dave will take care of your belongings like they were his own. Moving your family or business, whether across town or across the country, can be an almost overwhelming undertaking. With utilities transfers and hookups, arranging for your mail to be forwarded, taking inventory of your belongings and the seemingly endless list of other details it can be a stressful time for all involved. The last thing you want to th..Recent Review:These guys are great. Personable accommodating in treating our furniture like their runs. Our son use them several years ago and referred us to them. I would never use another mover and they will be moving us into our new home once it is builtAnn L.
- Business Description:Specializing in RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL MOVING SERVICES! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate todayRecent Review:Quick and efficient, they did a great job!Tami M.
- Business Description:Professional Moving Service, "We Provide The MUSCLE" Family owned and Operated, 20 Years serving Richmond and surrounding area. Delivery, Hauling, Snow Plow / Snow RemovalRecent Review:Easy process to book, get a quote, & confirm. Actual move itself was timely & competitively priced. The workers were professional, courteous, & made the move stress free.mark h.
- Business Description:Independently locally owned & operated. Richmond (804) 796-4860 Norfolk/VA Beach (757) 263-4410 Charlottesville (434) 509-0515 Additional phone (804-861-8500) Additional website - www.qmovingservices.com www.bbbxpress.com/quality_moving_servicesRecent Review:This is the fifth time I have used Quality Moving Services. They always deliver a superb moving experience. The movers are personable, professional, courteous, careful, prompt and efficient. They have never broken or lost anything or caused any damage. They always show up on time, exactly as arranged beforehand. The planning and communication with the office is excellent, and everything works without any hiccups. I really can't say enough about how great their service is, and although I won't need movers again for a while, I will use them. I won't even shop around, because their rates are extremely reasonable for the high quality service they deliver. I give them my highest recommendationP. M.
- Business Description:Big Tuck's Moving Truck,based in Richmond, VA, has over 20 years in the moving business. With hundreds of moves under our belt, we are knowledgeable of the requirements of local building management companies, as well as the unique needs of customers throughout the D.C., Maryland, Virginia area. We can accommodate any move, big or small, local or long distanceRecent Review:Corey and his staff did a wonderful job. They were extremely careful and attentive to helping us with our move. Everything arrived in great condition, including some fragile items such as a grandfather clock. We would definitely recommend them for a successful moveJennifer F.
- Business Description:Welcome to A Change of Place Movers serving all your local moving needs. We have been serving the greater Hampton Roads area since 2004, providing moving services to individuals and businesses. We pride ourselves on the quality of service and outstanding customer support that we provide to all of our customersRecent Review:The move was EXCELLENT !! True caring professionals. Extremely reasonably prices . Easy to reach & responsive . Not a scratch on anything . HONEST ! Owner , Brad , has an excellent sense of humor , which is especially appreciated during a move which is stress fullPhilip F.
- Business Description:Powerful Movers LLC is a Moving Company located in Lynchburg, VA and services Lynchburg and the surrounding areas. We specialize in Residential Moving, Business Moving, Furniture Moving, Long Distance Moving, and Apartment Moving. Here at Powerful Movers, we strive to provide our customers with quality service to guarantee customer satisfaction. We know moving can not only be stressful, but also time consuming, so we are here to help. No longer do you need to worry about lifting heavy boxes o..Recent Review:Great service! Second time that Kenny and his team has helped me move. Fast, reliable, and they take great care with your items. Super friendly and they make the stress of moving a lot easier. Thank you Powerful Movers! 😊 P.S. These gentlemen moved my items into and out of a three story loft with no elevator. Their strength and endurance is pretty impressive. If you are reading this and not sure which moving company to pick, choose Powerful Movers. You won't be disappointedDiamond S.
- Business Description:We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today!Recent Review:Can’t say enough about Omar and his team. They do great work and very reasonably priced! Hire them!William R.
- Business Description:Trust your move to the experts! Award-winning moving services, fully licensed and insured. Local and long-distance, home and office, storage and beyond. A+ Rated Angie's List Super Service Award Winning Movers. We are accredited with the Ohio BBB and Super Service Award winners for Angie's list 2009-2018. Family-owned & operated business, Veteran founded and owned. WE HANDLE ALL YOUR MOVING NEEDS. We also provide professional packing services and supplies, housecleaning services, storage, jun..Recent Review:Just completed a somewhat complicated move with Moving Ahead Services requiring 2 move dates and storage in between. The company was professional and helpful and the crew on both ends (Dustin and Shawn and Dustin and James) were extremely careful, thorough, professional and did so many little things to make this stressful experience as good as it could have been! Those guys are really hard workers, great work ethic and I was so happy to have my stuff taken care of by them! Would definitely recommend! Thanks Moving Ahead Services for getting me situated in my new home :-Victoria S.
Deals in Charlottesville for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
You’ve amassed quite the collection of valuables, and you’d like to keep it that way. Boxing up delicate items requires a steady hand and a full-proof plan. Use these tips to learn how to pack fragile items for your next move.
Find moving companies in
- North Garden
- Free Union
- Lake Monticello
- Fork Union
moving companies in Charlottesville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Change of Place Movers3052 Rachael Ln
- A Powerhouse Move644 Edwardian Lane
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- Affordable Moving Labor, Inc.621 Kiddsville Rd
- Albemarle Estate Services Inc1620 Poes Ln
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
- American Moving and Storage1605 Waterlick Rd
- AMERICAN OF VIRGINIA INC1522 N DELPHINE AVE
- Anything and Everything2028 Richmond rd.
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- A Change of Place Movers
- Bates Moving & Storage815 Benny St
- BayWatch Development Corporation (B D C)PO Box 478
- Bellhops128 Harmon St
- Best Twins Charlottesville Moving123 Hedge St
- Big Move VA5937 jarmans gap road
- Bright Eyed Moving1844 Columbus Rd Suite A
- Bates Moving & Storage
- D&G Professional Brokerage9788 Stover Way
- Dakotas Odd Jobs106 Howard Ave
- Dave The Mover LLC11465 Lucky Hill Road
- Daytime Movers 218 Arcadia st
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
- Design Environs Corporation340 Greenbrier Dr
- Dunmar Moving Systems8030 Whitepine Rd
- D&G Professional Brokerage
- Fast Motion Auto Transport700 Louisiana St. Suite 3950
- Fast Motion Auto Transport
- G&G MOVING SERVICES/DELIVERIES2321 North Berkshire Rd
- G&G MOVING SERVICES/DELIVERIES
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- Leon White Movers Inc319 6 1/2 St SW
- Leon White Movers Inc
- Main Moving LLC3075 W Oakland Park Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- Mashav Relocation12022 Old Baltimore Pike
- Michael & Son Services Richmond1407 Cummings Drive
- Miller Tyme Construction, LLC.1206 King Street
- Milo the Mover1740 Broadway st.
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Mover Dudes Inc1114 Fairfax Pike Suite 1
White Post, Virginia
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving Ahead Services LLC4708 TOPPS INDUSTRIAL PKWY
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Moving By BrianPost Office Box 2282
- Main Moving LLC
- N-Pieces11600 New Town Rd
New Kent, Virginia
- NATIONAL EXPRESS AUTO TRANSPORT, INC. 7950 NW 53RD ST
- New Planet Moving & Storage4420 Andrews St Ste D
North Las Vegas, Nevada
- Nicks odd jobs and more624 Grubert Ave
- Noonan's Handyman & Landscape Design2110 Bentivar Dr
- On Time Moving and Cleaning LLC1610 Monticello Rd
- On Time Moving and Cleaning LLC
- Ship Smart Inc1200 G St NW Ste 800
Washington, District Of Columbia
- Silent MoversPO BOX 1314
- Specialty-Cleaning-Br46 Cedar Ln
- STONEGATE DESIGNER DELIVERY, INC11942 Sherman Road
North Hollywood, California
- Student Services Moving & Storage Company1501 Avon St Ext.
- Ship Smart Inc
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
- United States Logistics
- Vicky Lu's Moving & Hauling LLC12 S Summit Ave Suite 100 Office A24
- Vicky Lu's Moving & Hauling LLC
- Yee Haul LLC 173 Shannie Ln
- Yee Haul LLC