Zippy Shell Storage and Moving

Founded 2009 • With Angi since January 2011

Delivery Service

22860 Ladbrook Dr Suite 140

Sterling, VA 20166

Zippy Shell is a full service moving and storage company. Our teams of licensed, insured personnel will pack your things into boxes (if needed), disassemble, pad, and wrap furniture, transport everything to your new home, and then unload, unwrap, and reassemble furniture at your new home. Need storage? Zippy Shell has it's own POD system for storing your things during your move. We have a brand new, 34,000 foot, climate-controlled facility to store your things before you move into your new home. If you prefer to have your POD remain at your house, we can delivery one of our all-steel, weatherproof containers. The containers are designed to remain at your house while you use them or they can be transported to your new house....

storage unit (92)movers (56)

05/03/2022

jaye T.

Everyone from Zippy Shell was friendly, helpful, professional, courteous and responsive. It was easy to schedule, they showed up promptly, they carefully placed the storage pod on our property, they carefully moved our furniture out to pod and back in again a month later, and they carefully removed the pod. Outstanding service. The pod was extremely clean, as were the furniture pads that they used. Outstanding company.

Description of Work
rented storage pod and had furniture moved to storage pod on our property during home renovation.

Work Completed On 05/02/2022

02/28/2021

James R.

The team at Zippy Shell arrived timely to collect my items, safely held them for several months in a climate controlled facility, and delivered them when and where I needed them. Arnetia was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. Thanks for everything!

Description of Work
Moving and Storage

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

02/27/2021

Scott A.

We used Zippy to store our basement furniture while it was getting finished. It was super convenient. They dropped off the container right in the driveway and we had a few days to fill it up ourselves. 2 months later, I called them up and within just a few days, the container was back. I would definitely recommend them. They are also significantly cheaper than Pods.

Description of Work
Storage facility

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

02/26/2021

Janette D.

The pods came on time and they helped us figure out the best location for them. Very easy to work with and fun to watch the driver use his remote control device to "drive" the pod off his truck. Thank you! Jan DeBoissiere Christ Episcopal Church Buildings and Grounds Co-Chair

Description of Work
Two Pods needed for storage after a Sprinkler system failed and flooded our church.

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

02/05/2021

Heather B.

We were doing some home renovations and needed to remove furnishings from the rooms so that carpenters had space to work. A Zippy Shell was the perfect answer. There was PLENTY of space inside to store ALL the furnishings. The Shell kept them safe and dry on our driveway through wet wintry weather. The door tightly sealed the cube. The shell was delivered to us sparkling clean in the MOST innovative (and entertaining) way - literally driving itself (by remote control) up a long driveway. Without needing a large truck to pull it, the shell could be much more easily maneuvered into just the most convenient spot. Arnetia Curtis provided punctual, professional and really pleasant oversight throughout the whole adventure.

Description of Work
Store furnishings on-site during renovations

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

01/13/2021

Heather M.

I hired Zippy Shell Northern Virginia to move my belongings from downtown DC to my new home, and store them for a few months in between. I could not be happier with my experience. Zippy Shell was easy to work with and responsive -- always available by phone and with prompt email replies, and the moving team contacted me en route to my location as I was told they would. Also, I would recommend them for anyone moving out of downtown -- their containers can fit in a traditional parking lane. Also, having their own moving team makes it easier than working with a storage company where you have to coordinate with your own movers. I would certainly use their services again.

Description of Work
Moving & Storage

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

11/20/2020

Michelle V.

I'll be honest the past couple of days have been super stressful managing our home life with two kids, work, and moving. We are so THANKFUL for the zippy shell team for saving our move from being a disaster. Arnetia who helped with our reservation was so helpful and friendly. She was able to accommodate a change to our container delivery last minute. Sebastian was an expert at maneuvering the container. Angel and Phillip who came to help us wrap furniture and load the container were so friendly and hard working. They took great care of us, wrapping items with care and filling the pod to the MAX. No space was sparred in the container. It's been a wonderful experience working with you all. THANK YOU!

Description of Work
Local move/ container delivery/ container rental/ loading unloading labor and packing materials.

Category moving companies

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

02/03/2020

Nha N.

We received delivery of the storage container timely for both loading and unloading and the price was reasonable compared to other storage options. Our point of contact, Arnetia was very responsive during coordination of the initial delivery and the final return of the container.

Description of Work
Mobile storage unit during 6-month home remodel.

Category storage units

Work Completed On 01/13/2020

01/24/2020

Renee Q.

We recently had our basement finished. We had a ton of stuff stored in the unfinished basement and needed to clear it out for the 2 month job. I did not want to have to take it all to a storage facility and opted to have a Storage bin delivered to my home. After speaking with several different companies and looking through reviews, I decided to give Zippy Shell a try. they were easy to work with and came when they said they would deliver the box. After 1 week, I realized I was going to need a second shell. I called Zippy Shell, Arnetia took care of me and within days, I had a second shell. The guys who delivered them and picked them up were professional, and friendly and took care and were patient while delivering and picking up the shells. I absolutely would recommend Zippy Shell (and have already) to others.

Description of Work
Prompt, Courteous Service at an Affordable Price

Category storage units

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

Review for Zippy Shell Storage and Moving - 22860 Ladbrook Dr, Sterling, VA - 38348638

11/04/2019

Shermichael S.

The guys they sent were phenomenal and did a great moving my valuable things, including my pricey artwork. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Furniture moving

Category moving companies

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

Storage, local and long distance moving, unloading labor

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover