If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Get matched with top moving companies in Palmyra, VA
There are 21 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Palmyra
- Moving ForwardSuperb workers — BUT some tips for dealing with mgmt This review is five stars — for the workers, who are by far the most important part of the company and the ones you'll be interacting with most. They were excellent, hard-working, and professional throughout (with one exception, but I'm told he's no longer there). * SEBASTIEN was absolutely fantastic. He helped with packing two days and the move on day 3. He was extremely skilled and organized, quick and efficient, professional to his fingertips, and fun to chat with on day 2. He's been doing this for 16 years and headed our team. Trust me, this guy is an ace. Make sure to request him on your team. * SKYLER also helped with packing on the first day and was great to work with. Mgmt had screwed up the scheduling for my reserved time so they had a lot less time to pack, and we ended up going late into that night, but Skyler kept a positive attitude and worked extremely hard. He was also fun to chat with, which helped the day go much more quickly, while still staying entirely professional. I really, really wish he had come back on day 3 for the move, instead of the new guy. * LUCAS helped with the move on day 3, and he too was professional and excellent, and worked so hard. He got the stairs at both places, on a hot August day, and stayed positive and just kept on going. He was great and pleasant to work with, and really careful that everything went to the right place. * The one caveat was a new guy who came to help with the move on day 3, though he left early. I've also been told he is no longer with the company (so may not be relevant to other moves). He said his name was Tsay. He was moving things from the apartment out to the stairs. So Tsay was inside with me from 9am-1pm with no one else around. Within 5 minutes, he started hitting on me — and this went on for 3 1/2 hours (!). He would not take no (50 different ways) for an answer. Unequivocal harassment. Once he got a very hard no around 12:30, he became resentful and hostile for the rest of the day. It was extremely unpleasant and, for a woman with bad past experiences, very intimidating and uncomfortable. It made the morning and parts of the afternoon when I had to interact with him just awful. Why on earth didn't they send Skyler from Tuesday, instead of this guy?! That would have made the day go quickly, and he would have stayed professional *and* worked quickly and efficiently. SMH. Abby told me the next day "the worker you mentioned was let go this morning", so hopefully Tsay won't be a risk for anyone else. But considering mgmt's lack of follow through on other things, just a fair warning that if this guy does show up, buyer beware. As for the mgmt... well, I know it is hard to find a good company in the moving business. But I do have a few warnings/tips for dealing with them (Abby, Kenny, and the owner Max). 1. If Kenny, one of the managers, calls to ask you if he can delay your scheduled time bc there's an "emergency at the office" — just say no. I agreed to wait, but it wasn't an emergency, he just wanted to do a last minute job instead of my reserved one. Kenny then didn't follow through on any of the promises he made in the morning (they were later; he didn't keep me updated; he didn't come himself; he didn't talk to Abby about making up the time or "doing something for my bill"). This company likes being able to help people in tough spots. BUT IF you have reserved in advance, another person's lack of planning does not constitute your emergency. Just say no. Keep your time, bc mgmt is too busy to keep track of it and communicate with each other to fix the problems their delay will create. 2. Mgmt seems to have difficulties with communication, both with you and each other, once a job has started. Confirm everything explicitly with everyone else, even if they say they'll tell the other person (eg if Kenny says he'll tell Abby X Y Z). Keep it short and concise. Be VERY clear about what you're saying. Do their communication for them. 3. They may underestimate the time needed to get your job done. (1.5x for me.) So, if you need your estimate to prepare your expenses and/or to get reimbursement of any kind, err on the side of caution and set aside quite a bit more. 4. Be prepared for them to bill you on the spot at the end of the work, over the phone. And keep your checkbook out, bc they will charge you a 3.5% fee if you pay by card. (They apparently don't cover their Quickbooks fees but pass them on to the customer — they could cover them in their overhead / build them into their prices, that's a perfectly normal practice, I am also a business owner.) OVERALL, it's really the WORKERS who make the move and who you will be spending your time with. SEBASTIEN, SKYLER, and LUCAS were solid gold, and I highly recommend them. If you're careful with mgmt, things should go okay. As moving companies go, this is a good one, and I'd definitely recommend it for those excellent workers
- Big Tuck Moving TruckCorey and his cousin were outstanding ... incredibly helpful, hardworking and professional. We highly recommend them, and would hire them again in a flash.
- Worth MovingThe movers were very polite, careful, helpful and moved everything to the correct location. Their trailer was very clean too. Would recommend using Worth moving to everyone.
- Worth MovingI would recommend this company to anyone getting ready for this very stressful experience. Polite and professional goes with out saying!! Not only were the employees of this company totally professional and careful when I was around, I had occasion to visit the warehouse unannounced to pick up some boxes and observed a bunch of busy bees. They were unloading and loading trucks and using the care and precision they would use on their own belongings. The warehouse is clean as a whistle and I feel very safe leaving some of my prize possessions there in their care
- Worth MovingThere was a bit of a mishap that happened during the move. Wasn't really satisfied with the service but since they ameneded it, I consider recommending them to other howmeowners as well.
- Metropolitan Moving & StorageIt doesn't get much better. We have moved quite a bit and know what constitutes a good move and a bad move. This was an excellent move. From the very beginning, the process was easy, efficient, timely and completely professional. I submitted my request online and was called within the next hour or so the same day to schedule an appointment for an in-home estimate. Eddie, the estimator, was prompt for his appointment. He quickly provided us an estimate, and a basic summary of the company. He did not try to upsell us on anything. He simply presented the company and their methods and policies. On the day of the move, the movers arrived 30 minutes early and immediately starting working. Dave and his crew were professional, pleasant, and even funny. They handled everything with care and not one thing was broken! They also took the time to disassemble and re-assemblage our very large bed and desks properly (something the previous movers did not do). Their care and attention to detail was exceptional from start to finish. The icing on the cake -- the estimate fell approximately $400 under what we expected (a pleasant surprise). While I hope we don't have to move again soon, we will certainly call them again and we have recommended them to our friends in the DC area
- Moving Made EasyThe crew (two men) was on time and completed the job in less than 2 hours. They were careful with the furniture.
- Quality Moving ServicesThey made it so easy, I really appreciated all the work they did. I had hired them before to move and when it was time to move again, they were who I called. If I ever have to move again I will definitely hire them. Recommend for sure!
- Duker's Movers LLCJohnny and his assistant came to do a two hour job. We could not lift heavy couches and many containers and boxes. The request was done in the last minute as I called a couple days prior to the appointment. I was pleased with Johnny as he tried to accommodate our schedule. They came on Sunday. The job was done professionally. We would hire his company again if we moved out of our house
- Big Tuck Moving TruckIt went really well. The guys were friendly, professional and polite. They provided an estimate ahead of time and charged what was estimated. They were very prompt in getting back to me which was important because of the time restraint I was under. They placed the items in the house where I wanted them and even removed some old furniture for me
Movers in Palmyra
- Business Description:Worth Moving is a family owned full service moving company that offers a wide verity of moving services. We offer local, long-distance, and office moving. We offer POD and Uhaul loading. Piano moving is our specialty. In addition to moving, packing and crating services are availableRecent Review:Where do I start? They damaged 60% of the items they moved for us, they took an entire day to move our house, damaged our home, ignored our REPEATED attempts to get the information we needed for the claim we were putting in for the things they broke, and now we are being told we took too long to submit the claim (keep in mind we called daily, and multiple times a day) so we are getting nothing. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANYJoshua M.
- Business Description:Professional Moving Service, "We Provide The MUSCLE" Family owned and Operated, 20 Years serving Richmond and surrounding area. Delivery, Hauling, Snow Plow / Snow RemovalRecent Review:Easy process to book, get a quote, & confirm. Actual move itself was timely & competitively priced. The workers were professional, courteous, & made the move stress free.mark h.
- Business Description:Independently locally owned & operated. Richmond (804) 796-4860 Norfolk/VA Beach (757) 263-4410 Charlottesville (434) 509-0515 Additional phone (804-861-8500) Additional website - www.qmovingservices.com www.bbbxpress.com/quality_moving_services
- Business Description:Big Tuck's Moving Truck,based in Richmond, VA, has over 20 years in the moving business. With hundreds of moves under our belt, we are knowledgeable of the requirements of local building management companies, as well as the unique needs of customers throughout the D.C., Maryland, Virginia area. We can accommodate any move, big or small, local or long distanceRecent Review:Corey and his staff did a wonderful job. They were extremely careful and attentive to helping us with our move. Everything arrived in great condition, including some fragile items such as a grandfather clock. We would definitely recommend them for a successful moveJennifer F.
- Business Description:American Moving and Storage is a professional moving & storage company that is owned by military veterans and we take pride in our work! If you need storage that's no problem we can move you into our storage unit and move you back out when your ready. When it comes to moving no job is too big or too small, we own 4 26' box truck for big moves, 2 16' box trucks for smaller jobs. With American Moving and Storage you will always get an experienced crew that has the proper training and tools to m..
- Business Description:Trust your move to the experts! Award-winning moving services, fully licensed and insured. Local and long-distance, home and office, storage and beyond. A+ Rated Angie's List Super Service Award Winning Movers. We are accredited with the Ohio BBB and Super Service Award winners for Angie's list 2009-2018. Family-owned & operated business, Veteran founded and owned. WE HANDLE ALL YOUR MOVING NEEDS. We also provide professional packing services and supplies, housecleaning services, storage, jun..Recent Review:Just completed a somewhat complicated move with Moving Ahead Services requiring 2 move dates and storage in between. The company was professional and helpful and the crew on both ends (Dustin and Shawn and Dustin and James) were extremely careful, thorough, professional and did so many little things to make this stressful experience as good as it could have been! Those guys are really hard workers, great work ethic and I was so happy to have my stuff taken care of by them! Would definitely recommend! Thanks Moving Ahead Services for getting me situated in my new home :-Victoria S.
- Business Description:" Long Distance Mover " Paula's Movers Pledge Integrity in our business practice, diligence in our work ethic, and clarity of value delivered to all our customers. We provides long-distance, interstate moving services. We move residential homes, apartments, and commercial businesses across state lines and the country. We have over 26 years of moving industry experience and treat our customers like your part of Paula's Movers family. We're here to guide you every step of the way so you can re..Recent Review:I am extremely pleased with the moving services provided by Paula's Movers. I needed to move to a different state and was looking for a reliable company that would not cost an arm and a leg. David, one of the owners, is a real gentleman and a man of his word. David and his crew arrived on time of the day of the move, they worked quickly but diligently and efficiently. I could not believe how quickly they helped us finish packing and carried all items out of our old home and loaded into their truck. Hanna, the lead in customer service, was a real pleasure to deal with. She was patient and very attentive to all of my questions and concerns. Hanna provided a very simple and straightforward quote that was easy to understand. The quote itself was also very competitive compared to the quotes we've received from their competitors. I would recommend Paula's Movers to anyone looking to simply their move at a very competitive price. Thank you David and HannaMichael S.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:They were responsive and helpful from the first point of communication. They arrived promptly and were careful and efficient! We moved from San Francisco to Rocklin. They made the move seamless. I would highly recommend Moving APT for any of your moving needs..!!Megan B.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:All Service Moving was exceptional. Great customer service - easy to schedule and flexible. Royce & Frost did an AMAZING job moving all of our very heavy and fragile belongings. They handled all of our requests and items with care and worked both efficiently and quickly. They were super friendly and very customer service oriented. I can't thank them enough for the GREAT job they did. I highly recommend All Service Moving for anything moving and/or storage related. And DEFINITELY request Royce & Frost to handle your job. Thank YouBrock K.
- Business Description:Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the booksRecent Review:EXCELLENT! The process from start to finish was spectacular and highly professional. They packed up our entire home (approx 1500 sq ft) and drove it 2200 miles to our new home, unloaded and helped to set up furniture (bedroom sets etc). Chad and Garrett were very attentive to detail, extremely careful with the packing and unloading, and absolutely trustworthy. USE THEMPATTI A. S.
Deals in Palmyra for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
You’ve amassed quite the collection of valuables, and you’d like to keep it that way. Boxing up delicate items requires a steady hand and a full-proof plan. Use these tips to learn how to pack fragile items for your next move.
Find moving companies in
- Lake Monticello
- Fork Union
- Kents Store
- New Canton
- North Garden
- Free Union
moving companies in Palmyra
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Powerhouse Move644 Edwardian Lane
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
- American Moving and Storage1605 Waterlick Rd
- AMERICAN OF VIRGINIA INC1522 N DELPHINE AVE
- Anything and Everything2028 Richmond rd.
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- A Powerhouse Move
- Bates Moving & Storage815 Benny St
- BayWatch Development Corporation (B D C)PO Box 478
- Bellhops128 Harmon St
- Best Twins Charlottesville Moving123 Hedge St
- Big Move VA5937 jarmans gap road
- Bright Eyed Moving1844 Columbus Rd Suite A
- Bates Moving & Storage
- Fast Motion Auto Transport700 Louisiana St. Suite 3950
- Fast Motion Auto Transport
- G&G MOVING SERVICES/DELIVERIES2321 North Berkshire Rd
- G&G MOVING SERVICES/DELIVERIES
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- Keep it moving VA116 Delaware Dr
Ruther Glen, Virginia
- Keep it moving VA
- Leon White Movers Inc319 6 1/2 St SW
- Leon White Movers Inc
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- Miller Tyme Construction, LLC.1206 King Street
- Milo the Mover1740 Broadway st.
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Mover Dudes Inc1114 Fairfax Pike Suite 1
White Post, Virginia
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving Ahead Services LLC4708 TOPPS INDUSTRIAL PKWY
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Moving By BrianPost Office Box 2282
- Mansion Movers
- On Time Moving and Cleaning LLC1610 Monticello Rd
- On Time Moving and Cleaning LLC
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
- United States Logistics
- Vicky Lu's Moving & Hauling LLC12 S Summit Ave Suite 100 Office A24
- Vicky Lu's Moving & Hauling LLC