Big Move VA

Founded 2013 • With Angi since September 2013

4.3

Big Move Va is owned by two local extraordinary women whom obtain 100% accuracy and satisfaction with every job. Big Move Va have the most elite team of men for the heaviest lifting. Payments are due at the time services are complete. Free Estimates....

Experience, professionalism, knowledge and a competitive team of responsible people. 100% committed with the satisfaction of our customers. that’s what we do in F. Rivas Cleaning Services, LLC.

Charlottesville Cleaning Service is a family owned, local business. Our focus is on a personal, friendly experience, with unmatched attention to detail. We price all of our jobs based on the size and depth of the cleaning. We stay as long as necessary to complete the task!

06/14/2016

Movers were on time. Worked with me to stay on budget. Kept me calm, and trust me, that is no easy feat. I will definitely use Big Move VA, for all my future moving needs.

Description of Work
Big Move VA, helped me move from my storage unit to my new apartment and I can't say enough how wonderful they were to work with. The owner offered very reasonable rates and was able to complete the move with no hidden or additional costs. She and her staff were professional and courteous and worked efficiently. Nothing was broken and they wetter great about putting the stuff wherever I wanted it out. Fabulous company and I will definitely refer them to friends and family as well as use them for all my future moving needs.

Category hauling services,moving companies

02/17/2016

Did not use them - they do not do work in my area (city of Richmond).

Description of Work
Unfortunately, this vendor does not provide services in my area - didn't realize this until after the purchase. Highly disappointed.

02/16/2016

Movers polite, respectful of property, very skilled in compactly loading the items moved into the trailer and then into the storage facility. They were late arriving but owner did notify me by telephone that they were running late. The owner also was not able to get as large a vehicle as had planned so movers took more time to load so everything could fit in one trip.

Description of Work
Move furniture and appliances from house to storage facility. I packed the boxes and bubble wrapped--they just needed to move what I had packed.

09/15/2015

I don't understand why she would set up the move and then not show. When I called, she NEVER answered the phone. If they can't do the job, tell me and let me find someone else. The disrupted lives were inexcusable . Finding someone on short notice was really difficult. Before booking with Big Move originally I looked on Angie's List to find reliable movers. The overall review for this company was ...

Description of Work
Nothing! They never showed. I called a week before our move from Charlottesville,VA to arrange for help loading a rental truck. Salma, the owner, agreed to provide two men for three hours for $240, and the same arrangement for our destination of Ashburn,VA the following day. I called the day before to confirm the time, she even called me back the night before to confirm the details of the move. However, on Friday she NEVER came, NEVER called. I called 6 times leaving voice mail messages but never heard back from her or anyone else from Big Move. Finally at noon I had to find someone else since I had a rental truck that was costing money to rent. One company I called to fill in wasn't surprised. I had been her tenth call in the past few months complaining about Big Move and wanting help. I finally had good luck with Hire-A-Helper and had Aaron's moving come within three hours and Lucky's Movers on Saturday. They bailed us out after Big Move left us high and dry!

Category moving companies

I am sorry but my partner left message a few times early that week to let you know that we would not able to help with the move. We never got a respond from you. I know looking at my call log that he did leave three messages. Big Move VA is known for their being on time and workmanship. Again I am sorry the situation but we did all the right steps but we didn't get a respond from your side.

08/14/2015

They were great. Salima was very responsive and responsible. They came on very short notice, dealt easily with some complicated maneuvers to get the offices moved and were friendly and professional. She was flexible on the price, and her helpers were very good and nice as well. Excellent moving service!

Description of Work
Moved my small office from one place in Charlottesville to another. They also packed most of the office

Category moving companies

My partner left three messages to let you know that we would not be doing the move. He left a message five days before your move. We never got a response from you. I checked my call log and he did leave the message. We are known for our workmanship and being on time for each job. I feel like we gave you plenty of time to find another moving company.

Big Move VA offers residential and commercial packing, unpacking, cleaning of vacated building or dwelling, moving, and . Downsizing

Big Move Va does not move prescribed medications, guns, ammunition, explosives, aerosol cans, propane tanks, fish tanks, or any live animals. Plants are considered on a case by case basis.