Moisture issues in your basement can lead to major problems with your home and your health. This guide will go over both interior and exterior waterproofing methods to help you determine the best solution for your home.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Blythewood, SC
There are 7 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Blythewood
- Carolina Mold Solutions LLCCharged me exactly what estimate was for. Finished ahead of schedule. Polite & Professional. Left work areas clean. Crawspace is mold free & looks great.
- Carolina Mold Solutions LLCCA Mold Solutions did a wonderful job with my crawlspace. Joel was extremely helpful during the process & answered any questions I had (and I had a lot). The crew cleaned up after their work everyday and I barely knew they were on site during the day. I would recommend CA Mold Solutions to anyone needing to get work on their crawlspace
- Pacific Lawn SprinklersWilliam with Pacific Lawn Sprinklers is great! We do not let anyone else do our sprinklers. He is the very best in Columbia. He also does landscape lighting and drainage. Columbia SC
- Uneven Floor Solutions LLCThey gave a complete estimate on what needs to Be done including installation of a sump pump, waterproofing and repairs to the foundation. It will completely fix the problem. They showed up when they said they would and provided a written description of all work to be done. They even planted grass over where they had to dig. Pay for quality work, not tv advertising
- Falcone Crawl Space & Structural RepairThey did a good job. They worked ethically. They were punctual and have a fair price. They have good quality of work.
- Biotek Environmental Mold RemovalThey sent out Ansel Hamilton, who was very knowledgeable and professional. He provided a quote and served as my primary contact before, during and after the work. They got on the work immediately and finished as planned. They cleared out all areas of personal items, had insulation removed and replaced, sealed all cracks and spaces, cleared the mold, treated the wood, and dried everything. We also had the encapsulate the crawl space and coordinate replacement of HVAC ductwork. They provided a full warranty with the work. I have since referred them to several friends and neighbors
- Carolina Mold Solutions LLCEXCELLENT. Joel’s team knows exactly we’re mold hides and what is causing it. You won’t believe this but they can smell where the problem originates. Their work is impeccable, no cutting corners, no schedule delays and their confidence gives you a 25 year warranty. It has been difficult for me to find good quality workmanship in Columbia SC. Carolina Air & Mold Solutions is the exception to the rule. I wish other companies were as professional and proud of their work as this crew is. Definitely second to none!!
- Healthy-Crawl SpaceI got 3 estimates for encapsulating my crawlspace; Two of the estimates were similar in price (Inc Crawlspace Doctor) and one was out of consideration (10K+). I decided to go with Crawlspace Doctor for Three main reasons 1) Greg provided very detailed information about the process and spent a lot of time answering any questions 2) Greg encapsulates the space with foam board vs. spray foam which I preferred 3) Price was competitive to the other bid I had for similar service. My home is 2400 sq ft ranch style, and I decided to encapsulate the space after I noticed some mold growth on the floor joists in the crawlspace. Greg's team offers a cleaning and sanitization of the joists which was a top priority for me in having this work done. Greg's team was on time, and they did an incredible job preparing the crawlspace for the liner (raking, leveling, digging the two trench lines to the drainage sump that was installed as part of the job). They sprayed and lightly scrubbed the joists and the joists look 90% better. They installed the liner on the walls and then the foam board and sealed all of the vents. After that, the liner was installed on the floor including an area of double liner where we store a few things in the space. Finally, the dehumidifier was installed (Greg's team built a platform for the unit so it's in the air and I have to say the unit is very quiet and seems well built). Greg has taken care of a few extra issues when promised (sealing the door and taking care of one issue with the dehumidifier). Greg and his team did an excellent job overall. I am very pleased with the work. I also believe from working with Greg that he will help with any future concerns associated with the work (he takes a lot of pride in these installations). I would recommend this group to anyone considering having crawlspace work performed
- Carolina Mold Solutions LLCCarolina Aire & Mold Solutions is a family run company that takes pride in their work. Joel Few and his crew were extremely helpful and very professional. Joel came out to give us a free estimate and outlined everything that his company would do. They removed and disposed all of the wet insulation, removed the mold and fungus, and installed a heavy liner that covered the ground and part way up the wall, sealing it to make sure that no water could get in. They disinfected inside the house and the air duct system. They even had an industrial air purifier that they put in the house to clean the air from anything that might come through the vents while they were working. The crew also alerted us to problems that they found in our duct work (some laying on the ground, not properly strapped up, and one that had even come undone). We were able to get this fixed while the crew was there and they made sure it was done correctly. They also alerted us to a plumbing problem that needed immediate attention and made sure that a plumber would come asap to correct it. I am beyond pleased with the job that this company did and I would highly recomment them
- Carolina Mold Solutions LLCPerfect. Joel and his crew gave me a fair estimate and completed the work as detailed in his estimate on time and at budget.
Basement Waterproofers in Blythewood
- Business Description:Cantey Foundation Specialists is a trusted foundation repair company providing residential foundation repair, crawl space repair, wood rot replacement, and concrete slab leveling throughout South Carolina and Augusta, Georgia area. Our focus is to provide homeowners with permanent, affordable solutions for their damaged foundation. As a locally owned and operated company, we give our clients the personalized service they deserve when it comes to maintaining a secure foundation and a safe homeRecent Review:Interestingly, I had a very similar experience to another reviewer who had a quote done by a Canty salesperson. Let me just preempt that I don't go out of my way to write a negative review. It really has to be something where I morally feel I need to warn others on "Buyer Beware". This is exactly that type of review. And to be clear, the other negative review was read for the first time 2 days after my appointment. I do not jump on bandwagons. This is my actual experience. Like the other reviewer, the "saleperson", a friendly, energetic, good-looking, well-dressed young fellow came out and did a measurement of the perimeter. He went under into the crawl space but was there for 30ish minutes. This pales in comparison to other (literally 4 foundation companies) who went under and spent quality time inspecting 23 piers. When the salesperson emerged from the crawlspace, it was "Whew! That is really bad!! Your house won't stay up for another 2 years!!". This is a 1930s house that has dry-stacked piers - hasn't moved yet! But let's put that aside. He proceeded to tell me that I need to replace ALL 23 piers at $900.00 per pier, a $20,700 quote!! Here's the kicker: Remember I had several companies in already to look at my foundation. Not one company said I need to replace ALL piers. Instead they each gave very realistic view of my foundation. I had one huge competitor who was in my crawlspace for 3 hours and he gave an in-depth write-up along with a diagram of where my piers sat and his recommendations along with optional recommendations. An 8 page write up and he wasn't close to being the highest quote. But not Canty! Canty does not give your an analysis of your existing foundation. Canty does NOT offer solutions. THEY DO NOT REPAIR!! They only replace! He did not go over issues individually because it did not matter to him. He was going for the full replacement based upon his "warranty". More on that in a sec. Had I known, I would have never made an appointment with them which I waited over 3 weeks for. How absolutely greedy can you be? My other 4 companies all averaged between $6K-$10K. This salesperson's excuse? "Well we warranty it so we have to do them all". No dear, you warranty the product not the items you do not do. Your logic and the rebuttal you have been fed to serve to customers does not apply to an educated researched person. Lastly, they use a jack-system but only warranty it for 25 years. Huh? 25 years? They say its the manufacturer's warranty but Canty does not warranty at all. I would hope my house stays up for another 25, 50, 100+, years but you saying on the 26 year, I may be looking at another $20,000 estimate from Canty because you can't guarantee the quality of your product? This is not a car. This is a house! No thank you! You clearly don't stand behind your product. You clearly don't do what is in the best interest of the customer. And you will never have my business! If this review helps one household to look at their full scope options, research and educate yourself on what is the real issues with your foundation and then make the best decision (whether its Canty or not), this review has done its job. Please do your researchDana A.
- Business Description:Mount Valley Foundation Services, founded in 1986, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They are the oldest foundation repair company in South Carolina and currently maintain offices in Columbia and Greenville. Mount Valley is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experie..Recent Review:I was very pleased with the entire process. I received a fair bid for the repairs, the crew came on time and worked tirelessly to get the job done quickly and thoroughly while respecting my property.Adger B.
- Business Description:At Uneven Floor Solutions, we have 15 years of experience fixing un-level floors. We do offer FREE general inspections related to un-level floors. We can find what is causing the problem; whether it be the foundation, rotten wood, water or any other problems. Additional services offer include basement waterproofing and concrete crack repair! We are available anytime, even weekends. You can make your own schedule. We are here to be of service to youRecent Review:Francisco did an excellent job. I got about 4 different bids for the job before I decided to go with him. He was the only one who knew exactly what was wrong when he got there, before entering into the crawlspace. The other name brand foundational services are going to price gouge you with the highest margin products they can push onto you. Francisco will give you an affordable solution that is done with great quality. He is EXTREMELY responsive to phone calls which is hard to find. He went out to give me a quote the same day I called him, the other foundational repair companies will need weeks in advance just to schedule a time to quote you. He replaced all my joists, beams, some sill plates, and subfloor for an entire house in a weeks time. He will give you an estimate based on reasonable prices derived from amount of material and labor needed, and an itemized proposal to show you. The other guys will give you a super blanketed quote severely padded. If I run into any kind of flooring or foundational problem I will definitely use him again. Excellent work, Francisco is a rare find for contractors do not hesitate to do business with himParker C.
- Business Description:At Falcone Crawl Space & Structural Repair, we're obsessed with customer service and our mission: to give every Carolinian a strong foundation. For 15 years, Falcone Crawl Space, a family-owned company, has served Carolinians with award-winning structural repair. Contact Falcone for foundation repair, like rotted beam replacement and helical pier installation; Falcone also offers prevention services including drainage solutions, vapor barriers and PumpSpy Sump Pump Monitoring. Fred Falcone is..Recent Review:They are very professional and honest! We had water intrusion into basement from wall during recent heavy rain storm. I contacted Falcone (they were on recommended service provider list of our subdivision) and Sharese got back to me very quickly. Communication was very smooth and professional as she scheduled me for an inspection. The technician Walter was friendly and did a professional inspection, after which he determined that the issue is the gutters dumping water on the ground by the basement. He didn't recommend any work be done in the basement. I truly appreciated his professionalism and honesty. If I ever have issues with the basement, I will call Falcone in a heartbeat! Thank youmari m.
- Business Description:When pests or termites move in, you want the ultimate weapon to take them out: Terminix, America’s leading provider of termite and pest control. It's no wonder more than 2.7 million customers trust us to protect their homes and families from the havoc that unwanted intruders can create. You can look to us for a wide range of services to protect your home top to bottom, inside and out: Insulation Service, Moisture Control Solutions, Rodent and Wildlife Service and more. We can even help you wi..Recent Review:No problems at all and I've been using them for years.David T.
- Business Description:*Specializing in Fence Installs, Staining, & Sealing* If you're looking for cost efficient as well as professional work, we’re your guys. Let us make your dreams a reality.Recent Review:It went very well. Didn’t take long. Was able to start a couple of days after getting estimate. Damian was very polite and the cost was definitely better than other competitors. I wish I could’ve given at least 4.5 stars if the site allowed. The only improvement I would say is to communicate about when the day has ended and when it will resume. Overall I would recommend them to friends/family.Nicole C.
- Business Description:Environmental Mold Solutions will take a solutions oriented approach to resolve your environmental issues in a timely manner. EMS provides super fast mold test results the next business day from a certified microbiology lab! Don't stress or have regrets! Call EMS ! Call us for Mold Testing and Inspection Mold Removal (Remediation) Waterproofing Moisture Control (Vapor Barrier, Sump Pumps, De-humidification and Encapsulation. 30 year Warranty Available! 803 446 7300 or 844 665 3101 We offer re..
- Business Description:Carolina Mold Solutions provides mold prevention, remediation, and testing services for residential and commercial clients in the Carolinas. With 30 years experience working with customers, owner Joel Few is personally committed to making sure that every job is done right. Moisture management is the key to preventing mold growth. Whether humidity mitigation is causing indoor issues, or direct moisture intrusion has caused unseen mold growth, we have the experience and resources to break down ..Recent Review:Larry came out for the initial inspection and explained everything clearly with pictures. All technicians were very professional. Olen and TJ did the lion share of the work and kept me informed on their progress and the condition of my crawlspace. I have a 3100 square foot house and about a 1600 square foot crawlspace. HVAC unit was leaking water under house for a while, which made it very wet under there. Insulation was falling down and saturated. All the insulation was removed, crawlspace is now clean, dry, and mold is gone. Encapsulation and Dehumidifier should keep it that way for years to come. Olen and TJ deserve a raiseBruce D.
- Business Description:Biotek Environmental Mold Removal serves the state of South Carolina and parts of Georgia and North Carolina with offices in Columbia, SC and Greenville, SC. Biotek provides mold and moisture related services (investigation and remediation), flood recovery, fire restoration, crawlspace moisture control, encapsulation and dehumidification, steam pressure washing and carpet cleaning services. We know that you have many companies to choose from, and recognize that our success depends completely ..Recent Review:Very well. Professional staff. Work was completed in timely mannerKathy J.
- Business Description:With Clark’s Smart & Simple Pest Defense System, your home is surrounded by an uninterrupted barrier of protection from a variety of troublesome pests. Clark’s professional technicians and regularly scheduled treatments ensure this barrier is in place and working for you all year long
Deals in Blythewood for Basement Waterproofing
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Flooding is devastating for homeowners, but you need to act quick to minimize water damage and mold. Contact your insurance company, grab protective equipment, and follow this flood remediation checklist to restore your home after a flood.
There’s no worse feeling than seeing water in your basement. But a little prevention, from sealing to drainage, can help avoid a wet disaster. Learn the best ways to waterproof your basement, and which method is the right one for your home.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- West Columbia
- Great Falls
- Heath Springs
waterproofing contractors in Blythewood
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & J and Associates 6430 Frost Ave
Columbia, South Carolina
- A Advanced Locksmith Property Maintenance LLCP.O.Box 292283
Columbia, South Carolina
- A+ Custom Home Renovations125 Piper Rd.
Lexington, South Carolina
- Aiken Pest Control Inc2739 Wagener Rd
Aiken, South Carolina
- All Dry Of The Carolinas Inc432 Church St
Laurens, South Carolina
- Allstate American Waterproofing343A South Potomac St
- A & J and Associates
- Biotek Environmental Mold Removal 534 St Andrews Rd Ste A
Columbia, South Carolina
- Biotek Environmental Mold Removal
- Kinsey Homes, LLC129 Wilmont Drive
Lexington, South Carolina
- Kinsey Homes, LLC
- Limitless fencing LLC. 2055 Bookman Rd
Elgin, South Carolina
- Limitless fencing LLC.
- Mount Valley Foundation Services2110 Commerce Dr
Cayce, South Carolina
- Mount Valley Foundation Services
- Olde South Roofing and Construction Co., LLC836 Sox St
West Columbia, South Carolina
- Olde South Roofing and Construction Co., LLC
- PF&P Construction998 Guion Dr
Lugoff, South Carolina
- PF&P Construction
- Uneven Floor Solutions LLC21 Spartan Dr
Gray Court, South Carolina
- Uneven Floor Solutions LLC
- Viking Remodeling262 Moonlight Drive
Columbia, South Carolina
- Viking Remodeling