Terminix - Columbia -Termite & Pest Control

Founded 1947 • With Angi since August 2010

1828 Pineview Dr

Columbia, SC 29209

When pests or termites move in, you want the ultimate weapon to take them out: Terminix, America’s leading provider of termite and pest control. It's no wonder more than 2.7 million customers trust us to protect their homes and families from the havoc that unwanted intruders can create. You can

04/16/2020

David T.

No problems at all and I've been using them for years.

Description of Work
They did a pest control maintenance.

Category pest control

Thank you for the wonderful review! Please let us know if you need anything else. Also, you can get a discount on your treatment if you refer a friend and they mention your name when signing a contract! Thanks, Dana Terminix Service, Inc.

12/29/2017

Gerard W.

Inspector missed 2 locations of active infestation - I found one of them. They only mentioned on spot on other side of the house. Had followup and work done by another company.

Description of Work
Had termite inspection by Asheville Terminix.

Category pest control, home inspection

Thank you for contacting the Terminix on Angie's List. We have received and reviewed your request. Your property is serviced by a Terminix franchise office; therefore, your concern must be addressed by your local Franchise Management. However, we are reaching out to that management team for you. Or please sign up with the TrustTerminix website at www.trustterminix.com or contact the management team at (828) 232-1338 for further assistance. Thank you again, Social Media Department Terminix International

09/29/2017

Jessie R.

The group in Rock Hill came out after they'd been canceled and then fraudulently signed a name under customer. Nobody was home and the details were left hanging on my front door. Why do you leave your details hanging. You'd been called and canceled because we weren't in town. How about a flashing sign for anyone driving by "this house is empty!!" The bill indicates the garage was inspected and treated. I'd love to know what house you found the garage - there isn't one on my property. Then, I call with my concerns and leave a message two days ago only to still have no response. This will be my last year with your joke of a business.

Description of Work
I'm on the yearly pest and termite program.

Category pest control

Thank you for contacting the Terminix on Angie's List. We have received and reviewed your request. Your property is serviced by a Terminix franchise office; therefore, your concern must be addressed by your local Franchise Management. We have forwarded your concern to your local franchise office. Or you may contact the management team at (803) 328-8952 for further assistance. Thank you again, Social Media Department Terminix International

06/10/2017

harvee K.

We have a contract with them. They come out every 3 months and check out the termite traps. With price, I don't have anyone to compare then with. They always call before they come.

Description of Work
They do our pest control.

Category pest control

Thank you for the wonderful review. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you. And don't forget you can get a referral discount when you recommend us to your friends and family. Thank you, Dana Terminix Service, Inc.

11/04/2016

Amelia M.

Verbal and written identification of leak in crawl space under bathtub. My plumber with his assistant found no leak. There was no evidence of a previous leak. There was undisturbed dust on the plastic under the bathroom. My plumber inspected within a couple of weeks of notification. We ran the water for over 15 minutes. I wonder if the Terminix plumber would have found a leak??

Description of Work
Annual home inspection

10/28/2015

Steve and Cathy N.

Very happy with Terminix. Due to the flooding in Columbia, we noticed some insects in our home. Terminix came right out. They also come out between the quarterly service and re-treat at no charge.

Description of Work
Pest Control.

05/14/2015

Larry C.

When the bill comes we pay it. Just fine. He said hello when he came in. They have been A for years.

Description of Work
We use Terminix Pest Control.

04/21/2015

Jeffrey D.

The service has been really great, they've been on time, and they've been really good.

Description of Work
Terminix Services come out on a monthly basis for eighty-eight dollars a month and three hundred dollars a year for their termite system.

Category pest control

Hello [Member name removed], Thank you for the wonderful review. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with now, or in the future. Thank you, Terminix Service

04/21/2015

David W.

I also had them for regular pest control on separate contract but they seem to be increasing that quite a bit each year and I wasn't happy with that. There pest control service now is using a device that they plant on the ground, several device around your house and up the canisters, and they put in there some kind of a piece of a wood treated with an insecticide. It supposedly lures termites away from your house in canisters. They eat that wood and die. They don't actually come out and spray anymore. These little canisters are in the ground and gets there every once and a while to check and make sure to see if there are termites or if it needs to be refilled. The annual cost of that is two hundred and seventy dollars and that's after we pay an initial to set them up, and several hundred dollars to have their service. Keep an eye on the cost because we had them for the regular pest control and the initial set up costs are kind of expensive, it seems like we payed, and as I looked back, probably close to a thousand dollars for both of their services: the termite and pest control. I'm a little bit concerned for when they were doing the pesticide pest control because I felt they were kind of excessive with the chemicals and we have a lot of birds around the house, we have pets and they would often park they truck up and lay the hose and just throw at the back and basically just spray everything inside. It wasn't really healthy for our animals or the birds

Description of Work
We have Terminix Services do our termite control.

03/27/2015

WANDA P.

The clean-up was very good and their pricing was quite reasonable.

Description of Work
They made a partial roof repair on our asphalt shingle roof.

02/27/2015

Patrick P.

They are punctual, personable and environmentally friendly. They arrive on time. Overall they do a great job and leave the area clean. The chemicals they use are not noticeable.

Description of Work
They come and spray to prevent pests and take care of what is necessary.

02/25/2015

John R.

I pay them $86 a month all year long for all of their services. I had it competitively priced with Scott like the fire-ants, they're competitive. The guy that does all of our services but the mosquito service, Randy St. John, he's the technician that has our route or whatever and he's phenomenal. If I had to say, this is what I want as a consumer out of a pest control company, I couldn't add anything to what Randy does for us. He'd shoot a text to my wife when its time for our quarterly pest control. He doesn't call, he just use your free text, he schedules it with her. He's super nice. He always comes in and chit-chat to make sure we have no problem and then he just goes about his day. He does his stuff. He's usually here for about a half hour and super friendly. We had some ants in our kitchen, we have gone out of town for a few days and we haven't cleaned the kitchen out as well as we probably should have, no one was here. We came back, there were some ants in our kitchen, not a big deal, it was just a line of ants to some foods. We got home at 11 o'clock at night, I text Randy not thinking he would answer, just thinking he would see it in the morning. He saw it, I'll be there before 10 a.m. and he was here before 10 a.m. in the morning. Less than 10 hours from when I text him. I texted him in the middle of the night. He was here, killed the ants, came back later that day because the stuff he put in to kill the ants, he has to clean back-up. He came back later that day, cleaned it all up and was gone. He was apologetic that happened and he didn't do anything, we did it. We've had them for five years and we got a different technician one time. It was by design that they let us know that was going to happen. Every 24 months they rotate the technician just to let another technician see the other technician's route. I just shot Randy a text, I think I have something in my attic making a noise. I used them a few years ago, we have bats on the eaves of the house and they did a great job. I think I have a squirrel or something in my attic. He's great and funny. He's been in the pest removal business forever and he knew more about bats than I would ever care to know about bats. I've worked with large corporations before and we've tried to go with cheaper vendors to do things like pest control, the level of professionalism is different. I mean they always show up in a branded clean truck. They always have on clean using, always looking very sharp and they just always look impressive. When you think about it, they kill bugs but they're always professional and clean. Its just a good service.

Description of Work
I use them for fire ants, mosquito control, termite bond, did some moisture control stuff under my house and quarterly pest control service.

02/10/2015

Diane M.

They were prompt. They do send out personel who knew what they were doing. They were fairly quick and they let me know what is going on. They don't try to sell me a bunch of stuff and I know some termite plays with it. They make good recommendation. they actually really stands out. They were knowledgeable and they cleaned out if there are potential problems and tell you what you can do about them.

Description of Work
We've been using Terminix for years now. It was a yearly check up.

Category pest control

Hi [member name removed]. Thank you for the great review. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with in the future. Thank you, Terminix Service, Inc.

10/29/2014

Connie P.

Terminix office on Rabon Road, Columbia SC. Terminix initial visit was short they laid out bait which took about 30 to 45 minutes. They were to return in two weeks which I called the office to schedule the two week appointment. The second appointment was a no show no call. I didn't worry because I didn't see any roaches. 2 days later I started seeing roaches. I was extremely upset and called the office to speak to a manager. They were extremely nice we discussed my issue in length. The technician came out that day. Well to make a long story very short. After 6 visit from Terminix within 2 months, they finally sprayed my house crawl space attic garage etc. I explained because I DID NOT have a roach infestation they were brought in by a friend, so expected to see no roaches at all. Well the final visit was on October 7, 2014. Well i didn't see any roaches I was excited that the final treatment worked. Until Friday October 25, 2014. I have killed 9 extremely tiny baby roaches. I chose Terminix because of their reputation. My son called me from Ohio for a pest exterminator for their bed bug issue. He was going to call Terminix I said... Well I can't tell you what I really said, I'll just say, I told him to call someone else. For a person who never had an infestation they could not take care of the small roach problem. Terminix was not the cheapest. I wasn't going for cheap, I thought I contacted the BEST. Extremely Disappointed.

Description of Work
This is the Terminix on Rabon Roadn Columbia SC. Treated my home for a small roach issue. Roaches that were brought in by a friend.

09/22/2014

Justin L.

It went great! Terminix came to my house the day I purchased the service (pest control).

Description of Work
Provided the first service of the quarterly package that I purchased with them.

09/18/2014

rachel S.

Terminix has been our home pest provider for almost two years... I called them to see if they would match another companies quote and go down $5.00 a month and they refused. There customer service agent said that she felt their service justified the extra $5.00 and didnt see why they should lower it. I will be going with the provider that will be saving me $5.00 a month. (When my husband called to cancel our service with Terminix they didnt even ask why we wanted to cancel our service. All the agent said was oh ok its done your service is cancelled. )

Description of Work
Home pest provider.

09/09/2014

Lz H.

From my initial information request via the web, i was impressed with the professionalism of this company. I immediately received a call back and they answer all my questions and set up the appointment. The technician was extremely punctual and professional. He did a great job of explaining the program and the various pests to be found in this area. He did a thorough job inside and outside. I look forward to continued business with this company.

Description of Work
Initial Pest inspection and treatment. Established a pest management plan.

07/11/2014

Kelli S.

Came out quickly to start the service and I had to call them back since we were still seeing spiders. I called them on a Friday and they came back on Monday.

Description of Work
Easy to work with

06/29/2014

Sonja B.

I wish I could remember the technician's name - Jeremy maybe? Anyhow, he arrived a little early, described the plan in detail, and went to work. When it was time to pay the bill, he explained I could get a 5% discount if I paid in advance, so I took advantage of this offer. Almost 2 weeks and a few rains later, I can still enjoy my backyard! There are a few mosquitoes now, but probably only 2% of the pre-treatment population. I've already been contacted to schedule my next appointment, too. Honestly, couldn't be happier. I just wish I called them years ago!

Description of Work
Sprayed my yard for mosquitoes.

Category pest control

Thank you for your positive review. It's our goal to deliver quality service for all our customers. Please call us if there is anything we can do for you. Thank you, Terminix Service, Inc. TrustTerminix.com

06/16/2014

Patricia C.

As I said above it was excellent from the first phone call. I needed to be educated on termites after so many problems from others. Mike took the time to educate me and to explain each thing they would do. They came when they said did the job well and even took the time to fix a few other things at a low cost. Some other pest companies are ridiculous and think you have stupid written across your head. Be careful of terminate bonds my other company would not honor it and said they had no one to repair problems. I was paying them faithfully every year for many many years. I know as people read $3,600 to $60,000 you will think I have made a mistake, but really folks that is how it is. There were four companies one was close in price to terminix, but did not have time to do the work. Then came $22,0000 and the next company as much as $60,000. I have learned a lot about all this from this experience. We had no active termite problems it was what they called previous issues. I am wondering why they put the bond on the house to begin with. This was a house that was used as a nonprofit and unfortunately no one could find the original paperwork from years ago about the start of the other company. Today it is in great shape and is under a good bond.

Description of Work
I had a different provider who did not stand by my termite bond and I could not get the letter needed to sell my property. I had four providers bid the job to repair previous termite damage. I now believe the termite industry has real problems and honesty is a real issue for them. The estimates I got for the same repair if you can believe this ran from the low estimate that Terminix did of around $3,600 all the way up to as much as $60,000. (Really) It was ridiculous I felt that Terminix was fair and Mike Griffin their employee for termites explained everything and did an excellent job. My bond is now with them.

06/04/2014

Steven and Gretchen A.

They always call when our preventive treatment is due and are easy to schedule with. They spray outside and inside and sweep spider webs from the tall ceiling in the garage.

Description of Work
Their quarterly treatments keep insects out of our house and have done so for eight years.

Category pest control

Thank you for your positive review. It's our goal to deliver quality service for all our customers. Thank you, Terminix Service, Inc. TrustTerminix.com

04/03/2014

Martha J.

I love them and they are great. I have been using them for three years. They are very thorough and we have had no problems with anything. They have been just excellent and call ahead and remind. Vicky comes every two months and sprays out and goes under the house and does everything. I had little roaches and it was strange as we didn’t know what they were and they got it out and some of the things he had to treat inside and the rest like roaches were treated outside. I said there were roaches in the kitchen and he said just grab them to me and they are little ones and not like the big ones and they are water roaches and he said those are German roaches and he had to treat them between the cracks in the cupboards and stuff and he did and he put something there and I have never seen another one. He is very polite. The quality of the work is excellent.

Description of Work
I used Terminix for pest control.

02/05/2014

Art S.

Terminix employee arrived right at 10:00 am, even though he had driven an hour or more to get to my residence. He performed the termite inspection very professionally

Description of Work
annual termite inspection.

09/26/2013

Arthur W.

He came out and did a inspection and quoted me a price. I had him do the work and they gave me a big discount for paying cash. He was very courteous and professional.

Description of Work
Put bait stations around the exterior of house and treated crawl space where I had termite damage.

09/17/2013

Deborah L.

Ronnie who is my service tech is very professional and always professional and courteous. If I ever have a problem they come back and follow through. I am new to South Carolina and new to the bugs. So they keep me bug free. Thanks

Description of Work
Basic pest control. Inside and out

Eagle Roofing & Repair

Eagle Roofing and Repair is a local full service roofing and repair company, Specializing in Commercial and Residential projects. Our company brings over a decade of experience to the table in roofing and repairs. We also have over a decade of experience in working with insurance companies and claims, As well as Homeowners and Business owners . In addition, we offer knowledgeable, trained, and a certified team, focused on putting our customers' needs first. We look forward to working with you. 2 year warranty for roof Installations and 1 Year warranty for roof repairs.

2022 Super Service Award

Isaac Pest Control LLC

Isaac Pest Control, LLC is a locally owned and operated family business. We offer residential and commercial pest control and we keep our focus on low impact pest control solutions to minimize the impact our treatments have on the environment. We are also active participants in the community and are dedicated to volunteering our time to helping some amazing local charities and community programs. We see ourselves as more than just an exterminator service. While we do get rid of unwanted pests, we see ourselves as much more! We are stewards of our natural environment and supporters of our community.

Mount Valley Foundation Services

Mount Valley Foundation Services, founded in 1986, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They are the oldest foundation repair company in South Carolina and currently maintain offices in Columbia and Greenville. Mount Valley is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Offers Coupon

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Residential and commercial protection including pest, termite, baiting, wildlife & moisture, insulation, repair, mosquito & fire ant control.

ask for details