The Basement Guys

Founded 2000 • With Angi since November 2001

1633 Thornwood Dr

Heath, OH 43056

The Basement Guys has 48 employees. We offer free inspections and design sessions to homeowners. Most major credit cards are accepted. We have great financing options available as well....

08/11/2017

Cynthia C.

Great quality work. Very pleasant work crew.

Description of Work
Waterproofing.

08/08/2017

Marvella A.

Justin and DeAnthony did a great job overall. They were pleasant and helped me understand exactly what to expect with this process. I appreciated their workmanship & professionalism.

Description of Work
Crawl space encapsulation.

Category insulation

08/08/2017

Charles W.

Great - The crew worked their A---Off Did a Super Job -

Description of Work
4 Crawl space encapsulated

Category remodeling

08/04/2017

Amy B.

Great! Polite, quick, thorough.

Description of Work
Carbon fiber strips. 13.

Category basement waterproofing, basement remodeling

07/03/2017

Much time spent reassuring and negotiating what specifically needed to be done prior to workers coming and completing job. Job at time point done to my satisfaction and I appreciate walk thru and explanation & ReAssurance that all is well.

Description of Work
Waterproofing basement, extension of spouting -> yard.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

06/06/2017

Debra A.

Very professional answered all questions Did excellent job and accomidated all request that was ask of them Larry was excellent explaining each step of work Would recommend him and would use him again if needed

Description of Work
Replace drainage lines outside

04/05/2017

Keith T.

everything went well, just like we were told

Description of Work
basement walls bowine

02/13/2017

Phil S.

Larry and his two associates arrived on time and Larry covered the entry from my garage to the basement to protect the entry floor. Larry had a checklist he covered with me and the team immediately started the crawlspace work, bringing their materials and ladder to the basement. The existing fiberglass insulation was removed from the crawlspace as well as other debri. The insulation was placed in large bags before removing from the house. Insulation was then added to rim joists and around the crawlspace walls. At that point the gravel was smoothed on the crawlspace floor and the liner was rolled out. The liner was sealed to the walls. This work took about six hours. After the Basement Guys team had left I did notice that one area of the liner / crawlspace wall had not been sealed well. We called the Basement Guys and they returned within a week to finish by sealing this area.

Description of Work
Remove old fiberglass insulation from the crawlspace, insulate Rim joists & crawlspace walls, encapsulate crawlspace

01/23/2017

vicki A.

It went great. Tim was very friendly and gave a good estimate. He even came back to talk over the work with my dad. Larry and Brian were always at my place early. They are both hard workers. Larry was very considerate like when he asked if I wanted used gravel in the low areas of my driveway. He was very patient waiting for other contractors who needed to do work before he could move forward.

Description of Work
Waterproofing basement Drain tile installation outside

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

01/10/2017

Shawn P.

Outstanding-company explained the process, used very high quality materials cleaned up after and were very professional.

Description of Work
Basement foundation repair.

12/17/2016

Diana Z.

The estimate was outrageous. The man who came out treated me abysmally. He was very disrespectful. It was so bad that I wrote letters to the company. I asked him some questions and he does not respond to me. He looks at my husband and ask if I'm always like this. This is why we did not use this company.

Description of Work
They didn't do any work. They just came and gave us an estimate.

Category wells, basement remodeling

11/09/2016

James H.

They started job at 8:30 & continued till it was completed. Well done job!

Description of Work
Encapsulation of crawl space.

11/06/2016

Beth O.

This company is a go to company. I had some large cracks in my foundation due to some prior water damage. I had another company come in for an estimate and they wanted 3 times more money and much more invasive plan. The Basement Guys told me that it was not necessary to do all that and also provides a lifetime warranty. They were very efficient, thorough and very professional. They also cleaned up and were great to work with. They work for the company and do not subcontract. A+ company!

Description of Work
Fixed cracked in foundation and installed carbon fiber reinforcements.

Category foundation repair

09/17/2016

Lisa T.

Overall, we were extremely happy with The Basement Guys and would definitely without hesitation recommend them to others with basement and drainage issues. Tim and the crew were very professional and technically experienced. They were very quick to follow up with us from the initial consultation through completion and project wrap up. I feel they also went above and beyond in making sure the project was completed to our satisfaction. If we ever needed this service again, we would choose The Basement Guys. Thanks!

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing and drainage

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

09/16/2016

Marinella D.

I was so disappointed and upset, it took almost 3 weeks to get our refund. They send a checked, I deposit it to my checking account 2 days after I received it in the mail. Couple days after I deposit, the bank told me, the checked I deposited from the basement guys doesn't have sufficient fund. What!!!! They took my money right away... I waited forever for refund, when I got their check, it doesn't have sufficient fund.... What kind of company is this??? all they want is my money... good thing I didn't go with them to have my basement finish... I will sue them if they don't send me a new check.. It almost a month, and I still have problem how to get my refund.....

Description of Work
We were supposed to have our finished basement done, but we changed our mind. We were under the 3 days period not to get penalty when we cancelled the deal. But this contractor named Bill Meyers took our down payment of $7500 that day when he went to our house, The next day, our money was cashed out or taken from our checking account.

08/25/2016

Pamela M.

There were no problems. We've had rain several times since the repair and have not had a leak. We got estimates from three "A"-rated companies. Each company explained the same procedure. We went with The Basement Guys because their price was less than half what the first company quoted and several hundred less than the second company. The second company offered a teeny discount if we signed a commitment to use them. We're glad we didn't accept the offer. The worker arrived on time, was very polite and got the job done in a very reasonable time frame. We would hire them again

Description of Work
Repair a basement leak.

08/01/2016

Suzanne C.

Due to topography, the building next to me is approx 8 feet higher than mine. Water runs my way and inside foundation drainage was plugged & blocked with mud. Larry and Brian were respectful and very hard working. They communicated with me, as work progressed. I trusted them. Things appear to be well done.( Condos at Willow Brook Assn.). George, the electrician, and his helper Larry, were also hard working, respectful, and trust worthy.

Description of Work
Water infiltration of lower level living space: bedroom and closet.

Category water damage restoration

07/28/2016

Paul B.

Top notch work & professional, courteous. Employees - from the "Foundation Consultant" who evaluated the crawl space needs and provided a fair estimate, to the installers who performed the encapsulating work!

Description of Work
Crawl space in basement was fully encapsulated.

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you for the review, [Member Name Removed]! We are so pleased to hear about you positive experience with our company. You are a valued customer, and we appreciate your business. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything in the future.

07/08/2016

Garold R.

I had my basement finished on 10 – 3 – 2012 by the Basement Guys of Columbus, Ohio. Eight months after installation I noticed cracks in the seams and called them because it has a lifetime warranty. They stated the basement guys of Cleveland took over the area. I contacted them and the owner came out and said he would take care of it. Three months later, he sent a subcontractor out to patch and I thought paint the walls that were patched. He left after it was patched and said he does not paint. I contacted the company again and after much discussion and talking to the supplier of the system( Tuxedo Finishing System, they agreed to paint and repair the walls. A month later they called and I set up an appointment. His subcontractor never showed and never called us. Around the beginning of September. After four or more months of waiting, he finally showed up and painted the walls and the Rec area and the Hall hallway. The problem is the walls were originally painted with flat paint and he used semi gloss paint. He did not even cut in. Now we have two walls painted flat and two walls painted semi gloss in the Rec Room and one wall painted flat and one wall painted semi gloss in the hallway. He never did fix the cracks in the seams. I e-mailed the company many months ago, but as of this date I have not heard back from them. I started this project over three years ago and I am at a standstill until the walls are completed

Description of Work
Recreation Room Remodel

Category basement remodeling

This is not our customer and has never done any business with our company. This customer has the wrong company that he is filling this review with. He has never contracted any work nor paid our company for any work done in his home. Nor is any work warrantied by our company.

05/27/2016

MICHAEL V.

Workers Larry and Brian showed up every day by 9am. They were happy to keep us updated on all progress and verify our instructions if anything was unclear or needed our decision. Rainy days slowed some of the outside work, but everything was completed to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
-Basement waterproofing with sump pump and moisture shield in basement -Checked and connected all gutter downs parts to run to street drains.

Category gutter repair, basement waterproofing

05/18/2016

Jennifer H.

All went well. Arrived on or about time-worked hard everyday with few breaks. Keep us informed of progress. Extremely friendly and able to ensure all questions.

Description of Work
Water proofing basement and adding sump pump. Also reinforcement beams to one wall.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, foundation repair

05/09/2016

PETER M.

Always on time, polite, always cleaned up, answered all questions, patient.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing & basement windows.

Category replacement windows, basement waterproofing

05/08/2016

Charles B.

2 guys arrived at my house at the agreed upon time. They inspected the basement and crawl space. They then went outside and walked around the house. They seemed to feel that this would be a difficult job. They then said they would send someone out to do a laser check for drainage. That was the last I heard from them. Which was over a month ago. No one came to check the slope on my property. I guess they must have felt that I couldn't afford to fix the problem or something. In any event I was quite disappointed with The Basement Guys. I have since had other estimates and will pursue a solution to the problem.

Description of Work
Came to look at water problems in my basement and crawl space.

Category water damage restoration

04/18/2016

Barbara P.

We are only writing this now because we just tore out a portion of the basement system they installed. The wounds are again fresh. Pros: -Sump pump was a great insurance policy, works well, and a good install experience. -Sub-contractor plumbers were the greatest! They executed the necessary tasks in timely fashion and with high quality. Cons: -The whole process took three months, not two weeks like was originally quoted (the footprint of our house is 20 X 20 feet). -The "workers" were unreliable with showing up on time, which greatly delayed the project. This was likely due to the poor project management by their manager. We were consistently told they were working on other projects. Also, subs were hard to come by, not sure why, but this delayed critical path items like the sump pump and 1/2 bath install. -The basement system as a whole has not been robust in our house. We have several large cracks emanating from multiple outlets, corners, and wall penetrations. -The seams of the panels have all begun to p***** and the tape is now showing degradation. -The project manager at the time was condescending and not very helpful about alleviating concerns with the project (To be fair, my understanding is that this person no longer works at BG). -The installer of the sump pump did not know how to actually install a sump pump system (luckily father-in-law / Google saved the day). -Far too many more to list and we are starting to get nit-picky... We photodocumented the whole process and did a video journal everyday (we are both engineers and project managers ourselves, ergo we like to document). Because of the time removed, looking back at these photos/ videos now is somewhat hilarious; however, at the time it was maddening. We would not recommend the BG basement system or the use of the BG as contractors (with the exception of the sump pump, that install went really well once the proper install method was sorted). There are loads of excellent options int he Columbus area for finishing your basement, we suggest seeking those.

Description of Work
Refinished our basement with their basement system and installed a sump pump. **note: this work was performed in 2012 under a project manager no longer working at Basement Guys (BG), so some comments may no longer apply**

Category electrician, plumbing, remodeling, basement waterproofing, wells, basement remodeling

04/15/2016

Marcus D.

The service went very well. They seemed very knowledgeable, and I was pleased with the services.

Description of Work
The provider came to fix a support wall in my basement.

Category foundation repair, basement remodeling

Thank you for the review, [Member Name Removed]! We are so happy to hear about your positive experience with our company. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything in the future.

Rosati Windows

When you're ready to buy replacement windows and price, quality and service all matter, call Rosati Windows. Our custom windows are manufactured in Columbus, Ohio by a skilled workforce using the most modern equipment available. Our technical and engineering expertise has enabled us to produce windows that are backed by the strongest warranty in the industry. And our customer service is second to none. Consumer Choice Award Winner. Additional e-mail: info@rosatiwindows.com.

American Weathertechs LLC - Columbus

Remodeling is our business and we understand the importance of working with you—the homeowner—before, during, and after the job. We provide quality, customized service from our three locations in Columbus, Dayton & Cincinnati. Whether you are in need of replacement windows, roofing, vinyl siding or other services, you can be assured that we will combine quality, integrity and attention to detail, with value pricing. American WeatherTechs, LLC is committed to 100% customer satisfaction. We provide estimates at no cost or obligation to homeowners, seven days a week for your convenience. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. Additional email - contact@americanweathertechs.com. May contact through email.

Offers by American Weathertechs LLC - Columbus on Angi
    A Brush of Class Painting Services Inc

A Brush of Class Painting, Inc., offers a wide variety of services to accommodate the painting needs of the most fastidious residential homeowners and commercial property managers. The cornerstone of my business’ success for the past 30 years has always been personalized service characterized by a commitment to craftsmanship and pride in a job well done. 1-3 employees. Owner personally performs and/or supervises all work. Email: jamie@abrushofclasspainting.com

Basement waterproofing, basement finishing, cracked and bowed walls, wall rebuilds, piering, excavating, water gas and sewer line repair and replacement, sump pumps and battery backup pumps, downspouts, and french drains.

Mold removal