Falcone Crawl Space & Structural Repair

Founded 2006 • With Angi since April 2009

At Falcone Crawl Space & Structural Repair, we're obsessed with customer service and our mission: to give every Carolinian a strong foundation. For 15 years, Falcone Crawl Space, a family-owned company, has served Carolinians with award-winning structural repair. Contact Falcone for foundation repair, like rotted beam replacement and helical pier installation; Falcone also offers prevention services including drainage solutions, vapor barriers and PumpSpy Sump Pump Monitoring. Fred Falcone is the only NFRA National Certified Foundation Repair Specialist in the Carolinas. Additional DBAs - Falcone Contracting & Structural Repair (2006-2009). Additional contact names - Melissa Falcone, Carl Hamilton. NC General Contractor License #77317, SC Residential Builders License #50126 ...

A Service Provider's profile image

+33 more images

National Register-listed 1893 general store

National Register-listed 1893 general store

excavating201529640
Replaced rotted beam and installed piers under abandoned 1893 general store.

foundation repair (521)basement waterproofing (127)insulation (79)structural engineering (56)flooring (44)drain pipe installation (33)home inspection (30)masonry (29)concrete repair (28)well & water pump repair (20)mudjacking (16)excavating (13)

07/05/2022

Julie W.

Rex, gave our estimate and took care with explaining everything to me, he was genuine. Eric managed and worked on the project, he was professional and made my daughters and I feel extremely comfortable and confident. He kept us informed in every part of the job. Freddie was really friendly and helpful as well. They did an amazing job and took great care with our home. I highly recommend hiring falcone.

Description of Work
Crawlspace Structural repairs

Category concrete repair, home inspection, insulation, masonry, structural engineer, drain cleaning, mudjacking, mold removal, foundation repair

Work Completed On 07/05/2022

We appreciate your kind feedback and are so glad to hear that you had a 5-star experience!! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service! -FCS

01/12/2022

Theresa L.

Very well. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Crawl space work - Cleanup, insulation repair, vapor barrier replacement and foundation repairs

Category insulation, foundation repair

Work Completed On 12/27/2021

Thank you very much for your kind feedback, we appreciate the opportunity to have been of service! Leslie

09/07/2021

mari M.

They are very professional and honest! We had water intrusion into basement from wall during recent heavy rain storm. I contacted Falcone (they were on recommended service provider list of our subdivision) and Sharese got back to me very quickly. Communication was very smooth and professional as she scheduled me for an inspection. The technician Walter was friendly and did a professional inspection, after which he determined that the issue is the gutters dumping water on the ground by the basement. He didn't recommend any work be done in the basement. I truly appreciated his professionalism and honesty. If I ever have issues with the basement, I will call Falcone in a heartbeat! Thank you!

Description of Work
Basement inspection

Category home inspection

Work Completed On 08/25/2021

We appreciate your kind feedback and are so glad to hear that you had a 5-star experience!! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service! Leslie

02/08/2021

AMY S.

I contacted the company and they were easy to schedule with, they provided a competitive quote. They charged a fee to come out and do an inspection but they provided me with a written / emailed estimate along with pictures from under the home and a written report of the crawlspace inspection.

Description of Work
I need my crawlspace inspected and a quote for the foundation band that was found to be rotten.

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

Thank you so much for your positive review, we appreciate it!

01/13/2021

Chai Y.

Never use this company they take your deposit and give you the run around.Waited three months had to keep calling them to come out and they will give you a date but never show up.If they do it’s only for couple of hours.And bill you Twice so they could charge you a late fee.Workers that came did do work but don’t work long and have to jump to another job site and that’s bull.All km saying is never use this place They’ll take your deposit give you the runaround with a late fee

Description of Work
Water/proffering/drain

Category excavators, foundation repair

Cost $10,690.5

Work Completed On 01/06/2021

We are saddened to hear we did not provide you with a good experience. We attempt to give all our customers clarity as to scheduling their repairs. Unfortunately, there are delays in our business, most especially now when we're in the midst of a pandemic. We are a reputable company that completes the work we are contracted to do, even though it may not fit the standard "9-5" workday. We have never not, "shown up". I have reviewed your file and don't see any double charges on our end. Please call us or email us any documentation where you see this and we'll be happy to review it. Our Terms & Conditions require our customers to pay on the day the job is completed, but we still provide a 2-day grace period before attaching a late fee. In your case, your payment was made a week after completion. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. We want to thank you for your feedback, and appreciate the opportunity to have been of service.

01/05/2021

E R & S B D.

We had to hire another structural foundation company to correct our subfloor. The néw company indicated the thin, flimsy, nailed down scrap pieces of plywood needed to be removed that Falcone installed. The néw company installed additional supports and used thick plywood. They used screws to prevent a squeaky floor. It worked! Lowe’s was then able to install our hardwood! At least we now have confidence in our new flooring. We paid $2500 for their service. We feel Falcone owes us $2304 for the subfloor they never provided! We do have our attorney involved. Falcone should not charge for a service they do not know how to provide! Just for your protection check out their reviews with the BBB! We wish we had!!

Description of Work
Our entrance hall floor was dropping. Needed foundation work for rotting wood. Tile had to be removed to do work. We paid them $2304 just for subfloor that hardwood could be layed over that never was provided. Lowe’s came out 3 different times (3 different crews) after Falcone made various adjustments (one adjustment involved $3450 in additional work after the original contract). We felt like they were guessing at what needed to be done and they were suppose to be the experts. What even made things worse was it took them 2-3 weeks each time we had to call them to be worked into their schedule. One time they came out and did nothing and we had to wait an additional 2/3 weeks for someone else to come out. If we hadn’t needed the subfloor maybe things would have gone smoother. We probably never would have gone under the house to check out their work! We trusted them at first but gradually lost their trust!!

Work Completed On 11/01/2020

We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We have reviewed your file, and see that we were responsive to your complaint. We then performed additional work on your home and the original and second phase passed not only a framing inspection but also county final inspections as well. We are a reputable company who stands by their work. We would have gladly returned if you were still unsatisfied, but you did not advise us till you had already hired another company and weren't left with any recourse. We truly appreciate your feedback and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service.

11/17/2020

Stew S.

Said they were not interested in the job

Description of Work
Foundation repair - porch

Category air duct cleaning, foundation repair

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We do not offer duct cleaning services, but we do perform crawl space and structural foundation repairs, waterproofing, drainage & gutters, insulation, vapor barriers, beam replacements, helical piles, amongst other services. If the foundation repairs you were requesting fall under any of these categories, we'd be delighted to assist. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service.

10/06/2020

Vandana W.

Walter did a great job. I am happy with the services and will use them again

Description of Work
Fixed foundation wall crack

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

Dear Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate [Member Information Removed] trust you have put in us to perform your home repairs. We look forward to serving you in [Member Information Removed] future. Thank you for giving us [Member Information Removed] opportunity to have been of service.

09/21/2020

James G.

Walter was thorough and explained his findings well. He prepared a good estimate and a good report to show the seller.

Description of Work
Foundation and crawl space inspection on prospective home.

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your feedback and kind words. We are happy to hear that Walter's visit was worthwhile. We look forward to serving you whenever you are ready to move forward with your repairs!

07/17/2020

Elissa M.

I have a walkout basement that has trouble in severe rains that floods my basement under the door. We had a small sump pump installed, but it did not help Memorial weekend when we had Biblical rains hit the area. My sump and shopvac were working overtime as the ground was so saturated. I called four contractors for estimates. Falcone was the first to show up three days later. Chris spent a great deal of time talking with us on our concerns and inspecting our property. He gave us a fast and fair quote. Our job was able to be completed within three weeks of scheduling it. It took four days for Chris, Kenny and their crew to install an internal french drain system in my basement and crawl space as well as a door drain along with a sump and backup. They were kind, respectful, and efficient. They did a great job and cleaned up the basement work area and my property when they were done. Maryl in the business office was great to work with. Everyone I was in contact with at Falcone was communicative and very nice to deal with. I would definitely recommend and would call on them again in a heartbeat. Thanks!

Description of Work
Waterproofing basement and crawl space

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience!

06/18/2020

Melissa J.

I will start by saying that the work they did waterproofing our basement looks good, and I am hopeful that it has fixed our problem. We've had a good bit of rain recently, and so far, so good. That, of course, is the most important thing. That said, I chose this company, even though they were on the high range of the quotes I received, because I did not mind paying more for a professional experience and great customer service. I was disappointed with this aspect of the experience. The day they were scheduled to begin they never showed up, and I ended up calling them three times that day. The woman in the office was responsive, but she said that they did not know where they were. The next scheduled appointment was for the morning, and they did not end up coming until 2pm, again without any communication. Both instances were due to car issues, but a phone call to keep me updated would have been appreciated to allow me to better plan my day. When they did start the work the crew leader was friendly and appeared to know what he was doing, but he offered little information about the job unless I asked. Prior to the work being done, I also had to keep after the sales representative to put their warranty in writing. Twice he promised to email it to me, and only after contacting him a third time did he send it through. If I had not paid so much (over $11,000) I would have given them another star, but at this price point my expectations were high.

Description of Work
Waterproofing my basement and installing a french drain.

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

I'm so sorry that we didn't give you a straight-A experience. The warranty information is always on our estimate, invoice, and receipt. I regret that we didn't explain that, because we never want communication to get in the way of providing excellent service. If there's anything more we can do to assist, please kindly let us know how we can help. We appreciate your feedback, and your comments haven't gone unnoticed.

05/05/2020

Mary P.

They did an excellent job. I am happy with the work and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They put new piers on our crawlspace to give the house extra support and put in a moisture barrier.

Category structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly appreciate the opportunity to serve you. If you ever have any other home repairs we can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact us.

03/30/2020

Nikki D.

Very/very frustrating experience. Scheduling was all over the place and moved around again and again. Appointments promised and missed. Had me pay upfront which made me feel like I had no alternatives but to keep getting jerked around. Inspection was eventually done and the report was delivered.

Description of Work
Crawlspace inspection

Work Completed On 03/16/2020

Dear Ms. [Member Name Removed], I've looked high and low in our system for your name and address and we do not have any record of providing you with a quote. We are in Charlotte, North Carolina, and do not serve Maryland. It seems you may have confused us with another company? Nonetheless, I am sorry to hear you had such a terrible experience. If there is anything else we can assist with, please don't hesitate to let us know. Leslie Customer Service Manager

03/06/2020

Robert H.

They are very professional, on time, he was very nice, they showed me pictures of before and after service, no problems at all and my floor feels solid on my feet.

Description of Work
My foundation was rotten, they came and fix every thing that needed to repaired.

Work Completed On 03/03/2020

Thank you for your great review, 5-star service is our goal!

02/04/2020

Peter L.

They did a lot of looking and took a bunch of photos of suggested and expensive repairs. It was not helpful. I hired someone from Orkin to do a crawl space clean up and installation of plastic for less money and less drama.

Description of Work
Crawl space "tune up"

Work Completed On 02/09/2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you resolved your issues. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.

01/15/2020

David D.

Wanted to charge for estimate, did not use. Have four company's coming to inspect and give estimate. Will not pay someone for an estimate.

Description of Work
Crawl Space Repair - Vapor barrier or encapsulation, insulation, leak repair

Category insulation, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

We appreciate your feedback about our estimates. Depending on your needs, our expert customer service staff will recommend a service. We offer both paid and free estimates to all our customers. If what you wanted was a free estimate, we would have been more than happy to accommodate you. If you ever need us in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

01/08/2020

kevin C.

It took a lot of time but at the end all good

Description of Work
new seals, floor joist, new piers and leveling

Category structural engineer, mudjacking, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/08/2020

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, we come across a myriad of reasons why there are delays during our repairs. We apologize and appreciate your patience with us. In the end, we're happy we were able to provide a 5-star experience. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service.

10/17/2019

Claudette G.

A nightmare...if these guys try to get your business...run in the opposite direction

Description of Work
Foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/16/2019

09/06/2019

Rebecca V.

It went great. The crew (3 men) were all knowledgeable, professional and personable. They were VERY willing to answer my many questions concerning many aspects of home repair and maintenance. My crew was Johnny (head man), Andre, and Aaron (sorry if I spelled anyone's name wrong). They were good at communicating with regard to estimated arrival time. They were willing to explain and show me the work as it progressed. The materials and equipment they used all looked to be high quality to me. They took pictures for my benefit and use when I go into phase II of this repair (which will be termite treatment, with another company that specializes in that). The work was done in very good time. I needed the crew to not arrive at my house, or even call my house, before a certain time in the morning due to the work I do at home, and that was honored. The guys had to move an empty fuel tank in order to get to the space where they had to work. Not only did they move it and put it back. . . they built a little wood and brick support for the front of the frame of the tank, so the frame and the tank would sit more level on the ground. The soil in that area is quite soft, so giving it support was a very nice detail which I did not even ask for. I found each guy, especially the crew leader, Johnny, to be meticulous in his work. That is just want you want in home repair! Andre's family is in the termite extermination business and he gave me lots of good, free advice about what might be the best way for my particular infestation to be dealt with. These guys worked well together. There was no wasted time and they seemed to be good co-workers, with positive communication between them all through the job. Home repairs are never "fun", but this was about as close to fun as it can get.

Description of Work
I needed the sill-plate and band replaced on a portion of one wall due to long-term termite damage.

Work Completed On 09/06/2019

07/17/2019

Tracey C.

After reading all of the positive reviews we were very excited to work with this company. We requested a quote for specific issues with our foundation and were quickly given a date and time. They sent an invoice for $119 for the estimate which was unexpected. When we called to explain we just wanted an estimate for the problems we specified and not the "tune up", we were informed that was not an option. The woman on the phone was rude and unprofessional and before we could say anything, said she was taking us off the schedule and hung up on us. Not sure why they require this tune up especially since most of the things offered did not apply to our property. Won't be recommending them.

Description of Work
Replace joists/piers, fix broken foundation

Work Completed On 07/16/2019

I am truly sorry to hear you were disappointed about our exchange. Our comprehensive consultations are $119, and I provided a $35 discount. The $84 would have been credited to your invoice should you have chosen to have us perform the repairs. We usually recommend the "Evaluation & Tune-Up" because it provides the homeowner with a full inspection of their crawl space, a report, and photographs. The consultant is able to give you DIY pointers that in the long run could save you hundreds of dollars in repairs, as well as determine if there are any other issues in your crawl space contributing to your current problems. If what you wanted was just a consultation to look at specific items you mentioned, then I would have gladly arranged this as well, but we never discussed the options when it was set up initially. I'm so confused and really sorry to read your review. I do not recollect discussing our consultation options via phone with you or your boyfriend, maybe you're confusing our conversation with someone else's? The only record I have is a copy of our online chat where I mention the cost, offering you the appointment, and providing the necessary information. I want you to know that I later received a call from a gentleman who stated he'd like to cancel the evaluation appointment, and I told him that's fine and simply cancelled the appointment. If he perceived the call as rude, my sincere apologies for coming across that way. I also thought we had mutually hung up at the same time and would never dare to hang up on someone mid-conversation. Again, I apologize for the confusion, and hope this clears the air. I am eagerly here to serve and assist you with your home repair needs. Thank you.

05/24/2019

Carolyn W.

I can't believe how smoothly this repair went! Everyone at Falcone--the schedulers who arranged our estimate visit and the repair work, the foundation experts who repaired the porch, the finance people who explained the estimate and our final bill--every single one of them was helpful, prompt, courteous, and great at their jobs. The county inspector who reviewed the porch repair even made a point of telling us what high quality work the Falcone people had done for us! I would definitely call them again! If you're interested in our specific details, this repair was crucial to maintaining our house's structural integrity; since the screened-in porch is attached to the house, if it went down the hill, so would the back wall of the house! The foundation had cracked away from the main house and the slab was cracked and sliding apart at different angles. The men from Falcone excavated, cleaned, and prepped the job site, including washing the bottom section of the slab to promote bonding when the new concrete was poured. Then they poured a porch perimeter slab wall under the slab to stabilize the foundation. In addition, they installed a backer rod and applied concrete sealant to re-connect the porch foundation to house and prevent additional damage.

Description of Work
Stabilize screened-in porch foundation that was sliding downhill due to erosion and poor soil quality.

Work Completed On 05/20/2019

05/13/2019

Janice B.

oh and I forgot to mention the most important thing....my flooding issue was resolved immediately after the band joist was replaced. Thanks so much Walter, Mitchell and Andre. YOU ARE THE BEST!!

Description of Work
add to previouse review of 99 year old house band joist and subfloor repair