Experts caution homeowners to be realistic and thoroughly evaluate DIY projects before tackling them on their own.
Get matched with top general contractors in Struthers, OH
There are 7 highly-rated local general contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Struthers
- The Basement Guys - ClevelandI needed my basement and crawl space waterproofedI needed my basement and crawl space waterproofed. Kyle and his crew were on time and very nice, there work exceeded my expectations and would hire them again in a heart beat. The finished product looks amazing and I couldn't be happier!
- Home Solutions HandymanThe person who gave the initial estimate of what needed to be done was great. He took his time & talked to me intelligently which isn't always the case when speaking to a woman. The workman were prompt and efficient. When we had some minor issues with the outside to be addressed, they were back the next business day to fix them. We're very happy with the work & wouldn't hesitate to use them again or recommend them
- Home Solutions HandymanHouse Medic works with a subcontractor on roof job; the roof estimate was supervised by House Medic, though, and we were more than satisfied with the completed job. Two days later, a House Medic handyman completed the other work. We paid only after all the work was completed.
- Home Solutions HandymanAll work was done very well. The construction workers were very professional. They were always on time and made sure that all work was done with their own high expectations. I am not sure how their prices compare to other companies because I liked that they were a "one stop shop" for everything that I needed done. However listening to what other people have paid for similar services, I assume that House Medic's prices were in line. I would use them again
- Alexander Construction Inc.Overall, things went very well.? As with any construction project this size, there were minor problems but Carl addressed them immediately and made things right.?These problems were with one of?Carl's sub contractors and?Carl was?more than helpful in getting the situations resolved up front as long as we?called and told him about it.?There were some?management changes during our project leading to some confusion and communication problems but in the end Carl's #1 concern was making sure we were happy with our project.? With the exception of one sub contractor, all the rest that Carl sent out were professional and kind.? And at some point the one sub I was having issues with was escorted to my property by Carl's team.? Carl was the lead framer on my project and to me that was?a major?selling point.? He is the owner and a worker.? His professionalism and knowledge topped with his experience made for an easy confident decision to hire this GC. As far as price, The price quoted was the exact price I paid with the exception of the cost of putting a new roof on my existing house while they did the roof on the addition.? That roof was not part of the original quote and I fully expected that to be additional cost.? There were no surprises.? Since the project has been complete, they have contacted me a few times to be sure the addition was properly staying warm and that we weren't having any issues.? The integrity of this company is still clearly seen.? I even have a water issue that wasn't exposed until now and I thought maybe due to the addition.? Carl sent his guy out immediately to figure out exactly what the problem was and how they could help me get it corrected even though it was no fault of theirs.? I am considering another addition and I will be hiring Carl Alexander again. They are honest and trustworthy General Contractors and they did?a great job managing such a large project.
- Alexander Construction Inc.Went well once we could get on their schedule. Very nice to work with. The carpenter did a great job.
- Makis Home Improvement LLCMark and his crew were amazing. They were friendly, thorough and professional. I own a very old home, and this was not an easy job. I feel that I paid a fair price. They had it done on day two- ahead of schedule. I have already asked Makis Home Improvement to return to rebuild my basement stairs. I will stick with Makis for all of my home improvement needs-of which I have many! I am a very satisfied customer. I could not have asked for more
- Makis Home Improvement LLCCiting one example of Mr. Makis' work, we had a wall that constantly became wet resulting in considerable damage to the wall, the structure, the wallpaper. Our insurance company agreed to send someone out to fix it. After the company worked for weeks on this project, we were told that it was finished and would no longer become wet. After several weeks, which included many days of heavy rain, the wall was again wet and our problems continued. Subsequently, we hired two other individuals to fix the wall. The results of their efforts were the same as the initial company; within a short period of time, we once again had a very wet wall, with damaged wallpaper and border. After we met Mr. Makis, we hired him to fix the same wall. Mark took down shelving from one section of the wall then removed the existing plaster and everything therein down to the frame (to the wood on the inside of the siding on the exterior of the house). He found rotted, moldy wood which we had repeatedly been told had been repaired. He replaced the wood then rebuilt the wall, including the baseboard. Mark also removed old weights that were in the wall adjacent to the window in that room and were no longer necessary. Once the wall and baseboards were completely dry, Mark applied primer and paint to completely finish the repair. Lastly, he reinstalled the shelving that he had previously removed. It is now approximately six months later and the wall has remained structurally sound and completely dry! Although our house is old (built in 1949) and Mark often encounters unanticipated problems when working on one of our repairs, in every instance, Mr. Makis has creatively overcome every problem with which he has been faced
- Makis Home Improvement LLCAwesome. Mark and his team came in and successfully did all if the repairs. Which included touch up painting, small repairs, and other things!
- Makis Home Improvement LLCThey removed the old floor and put in the new floor in a day and 1/2. They did an excellent job at a reasonable price
Last update on December 22, 2020
Contractors in Struthers
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
The cost of a yurt varies based on many factors. Don’t get caught off guard with surprise figures. Here’s what to expect when budgeting for a yurt.
Storm damage from hail, floods, and more can leave your home worse for the wear, but you’ll get through this. Find storm repair and wind damage estimates here.
Find general contractors in
- New Middletown,
- North Lima,
- New Springfield,
- Mineral Ridge,
- West Middlesex,
general contractors in Struthers
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- scardina construction549 Creed St
Struthers, Ohio 44471
- scardina construction
- Baird Brothers Sawmill Inc7060 Crory Rd
Canfield, Ohio 44406
- Baird Brothers Sawmill Inc
- CARL ARNETT REMODELING426 N GLENELLEN
Youngstown, Ohio 44509
- CARL ARNETT REMODELING
- Evans Remodeling387 Argyle Ave
Youngstown, Ohio 44512
- Evans Remodeling
- Joe Guerrieri Construction & Remodeling419 Ewing Rd
Youngstown, Ohio 44512
- Joe Guerrieri Construction & Remodeling
- Lewis Construction8031 E MARKET ST #1
WARREN, Ohio 44484
- Lewis Construction
- Scott Martin Construction LLC9502 Trinity Church Road
LISBON, Ohio 44432
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire 03884
- Scott Martin Construction LLC
- Voegeli Contracting LLC14379 Union Ave NE
Alliance, Ohio 44601
- Voegeli Contracting LLC