J & V Roofing & Home Improvement

Founded 1982 • With Angi since August 2008

Owner always on site with employees. Roofs & clean-up completed in one day....

roofing (142)gutter repair (20)siding companies (17)skylight installation (7)chimney repair (4)home builder (3)water damage restoration (3)insulation (2)lighting (1)

09/04/2022

John S.

The work was done quick. In two days they were done. But after they left, the first rain, their was water coming from my exhaust pipe and it was leaking down into my microwave! And I called him to complain about it a few day's after they were done, cause I wanted the owner himself to come back and fix it. And he never returned any of my calls. Very professional, NOT! And it's two years later now, and my roof is leaking down into my kitchen and living room! I should of known better, when over half his men didn't speak English. Illegally, I bet they were foreigners that aren't even legally allowed in this country. In my opinion, I bet he's using them for cheap labor. They didn't clean my gutter out either. I had to go up on the roof and clean it myself. And the way I was sitting on the roof to brace myself caused me to ge a Baker's Cyst behing my right knee which caused me hundreds of dollars to get taking care of, because I didn't have insurance at the time. Trust me, avoid this guy like the plague! Nothing but problems & headaches!!!

Description of Work
I needed a new roof.

Work Completed On 09/04/2022

So the roof was installed in july of 2018.An i havnt got 1 phone call from this guy about any issue's..If you check other reviews hes made in August of 2018 about how happy he was about everything with the install of new roof which was a week after we completed the roof .Its very clear that hes such a liar about the roof leaking the very next day.

05/12/2021

Ralph V.

They did a great job from selecting the roof shingles to clean up. Excellent installers and very professional installation. The wife and I would highly recommend J&V Roofing. They are a top notch roofing company,

Description of Work
complete removal and replacement of roof

Work Completed On 05/06/2021

09/25/2020

Glenn V.

WOW!! 4 1/2 hours in and out 15 sq. Ranch Thanks 1,000,000 Would hire again... oh already did having leaf guards installed next week John was first on site and last to leave.. very hands on. My house was done before others even scheduled estimate What a great experience... is there a rating above A+

Description of Work
Reshingle house

Category roofing, home builders

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

thank you so much for your very kind words.it was my pleasure !!...see u next week for your gutter guard installation

06/27/2020

April K.

John and his crew are a real class act. He was honest, up front, timely, efficient, kind and affordable. He was able to offer top of the line product that a lot of other contracters couldn't at a reasonable price, with a warranty on his work. From set up to clean up, it was a painless process. J&V is a well oiled machine and the only business we would consider for future similar needs.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

thank you so much for such kind words...it was my pleasure to work for you guys an to have helped you the best I can ..thank you very much !!!

05/28/2020

KRISTIE R.

I contacted Mr Valentino for an estimate & within 2 days he was there. I had a new 800 sq foot addition added & a leak from a previous addition. Within a week him & his crew were there and all work was completed within a day. The prep, work & cleanup was all done in a professional manner. Thank you so much!

Description of Work
Commercial Roof addition & repair

Category roofing, home builders

Work Completed On 05/12/2020

thank you so much..greatly appreciate your kind words an your business !

05/26/2020

Regina S.

John and his crew did a phenomenal job. They were done in less than 8 hours. John is very hands on with his crew, he was on site the entire time. He kept us informed throughout the process and fixed any issues he encountered. After they left, we walked around the house to look at our beautiful new roof and noticed they cleaned up every bit of the debris. We highly recommend his company.

Description of Work
Replace house roof, repair garage roof

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

thank you so much for the kind word,it was my pleasure !!

02/24/2020

Joe M.

J&V did a great job on my roof. Owner was on sight and a pleasure to talk with. Work was performed as expected. Would hire again. Great job!!

Description of Work
Replace roof

Work Completed On 02/24/2020

Review for J & V Roofing & Home Improvement - 5407 S Saratoga Ave, Youngstown, OH - 38406596

thank you very much ,it was a pleasure to work for you !

02/11/2020

Frank O.

His company did my roof and did a terrible job. Had to have a company come fix the bathroom vent they covered and they found more mistakes!!! 1.The ridge vent is not cut open if it is. It's definitely not enough. Covered vent with shingles. 2.there is no paper that I see under the shingles as seen in picture. 3. Which mean there maybe no ice and water shield.. there is none on garage which a new roof should but it's no mandatory for a unheated area but local codes call for ice and water on all gutter areas and valleys. 4. The snake as seen looking out your window 5. There is not new shingles on the bay window roof. Mold and fungus growing in my attic because of his terrible job!!!!!!!! Want a refund or he can pay a company I want to redo my roof!! Takes $11,000 from me and wont fix or respond. He just hangs up the phone!!!

Description of Work
New Roof and won’t fix anything

Work Completed On 01/01/2018

I have no idea who this person is, I've never entered any agreement (contract) with this person..I either email or write my estimates an contracts out an get it signed so I suggest he shows me a contract I entered with him or better yet go after the right person.. from 2018

12/04/2019

Cecelia P.

Over 13 years ago J & V Roofing replaced our roof. After a tree fell on our house on 9/10/19, we needed a new roof. We did not hesitate to call J & V Roofing. Everything that this company does is done in excellence! John Valentino, the owner, is our go to person for any home remodeling or roofing that we need done. Yes, we would definitely recommend him & hire this company again!!

Description of Work
In 2006 we had our house resided, new windows put in, all of the wood work & doors replaced, & a new roof put on. A tree fell on our house on 9/10/19, so we needed a new roof.

Category remodeling, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 12/04/2019

thank you so much for the kind words,it was as much as a pleasure 13yrs.ago to work for you as it was last month ...God bless you an your family an happy holidays !!

10/19/2019

Kenneth T.

Quality job finished in a timely manner. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Roof, fascia and gutter replacement

Work Completed On 11/08/2019

thank you, it was a pleasure to work for you

09/22/2018

Mary F.

John Valentino, the business owner, and his crew were all hard workers to complete my job so quickly and efficiently when I called. The mess was also cleaned up after. John went above and beyond to help me with my insurance company because of their denial to claim this on my home owners insurance. ( I made the mistake of being pro-active and having a different roofer nail down wind damaged shingles to avoid water leakage). He was more than fair with his price, almost half as much as one company that gave me an estimate, and a couple thousand dollars less than another estimate I had. I really can't say enough about how honest and reliable this company is.

Description of Work
I needed shingles removed and new shingles put on.

Work Completed On 09/20/2018

i so glad i was able to help you an get your new roof complete ...it was my pleasure !! thanks so much

08/05/2018

John S.

They were all very professional. They all got along with each other. No fights, arguments, or problems with me or theirselves. A great experience. I have a pretty big roof, and they were done in two days. And they had to tear off too! John.

Description of Work
I had a new roof put on.

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

thank you so much,we appreciate your business !

05/17/2018

cassandra G.

Excellent! John made the whole process easy. I live remotely (in GA) and had to replace a roof on my mom's house in order to sell it. Timing was critical and John worked with me. His communication and professionalism is the best of any contractor I have worked with EVER! He updated me continuously and had great follow-up. While installing a new roof John is onsite with his team. They do a great job and their clean up is meticulous! I see why he is selected for a service award! His price was very competitive (I got 4 estimates)! He even beat Amish contractors in the area. He comes with Excellent Communication, Warranty for his products, and also a labor/service Warranty -you can't beat that. I highly recommend!

Description of Work
Replace Roof

Work Completed On 05/16/2018

thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for your kind words an your business ,we greatly appreciate it...it was my pleasure to work for you !!

10/25/2017

Mark B.

John was quick to call back and come out for the estimate. He accompanied the workers and worked alongside them the day our roof was done. They were punctual, professional and wonderful with the cleanup. John himself in addition to being a reliable professional is also very personable. The price was fair and reasonable. The roof looks awesome. We would recommend him and his crew to anyone and definitely hire them again should we need anything additional done for roofing or when we decide to have siding done.

Description of Work
New Roof and gutter covers

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 09/19/2017

thanks so much for the kind words, it was a pleasure to work for you !!

10/17/2017

Patty R.

great. Arrived early and finished job non-stop.

Description of Work
new roof and replace some boards.

Work Completed On 09/13/2017

thanks so much ,we appreciate your business

09/28/2017

Sungsoo K.

I am going to hire him again because he is very professional and responsible. In particular, his quote on the project is very reasonable. Excellent Job!!!

Description of Work
They replaced the roof of my house and completes the project in a timly manner.

Work Completed On 09/22/2017

thank you so much,I appreciate your business..it was a pleasure to work for you

09/17/2017

D D.

From my initial call to John, until he came out and accomplished my small job between his many other jobs, I cannot say enough positive things. Great communication; honest; fair, and most importantly, a man of his words!

Description of Work
Needed a new flange installed for stink pipe.

Work Completed On 09/14/2017

thanks so much for the kind word, glad I was able to help you !

09/05/2017

jamie P.

Called for a quote and promptly came and gave a quote. After getting a few more quotes decided to go with J & V. Called and spoke with owner to let him know this and was told it would be 3-4 weeks out which wad understandable. After the specified time and hearing nothing attempted 4 phone calls ( 2 to his cell phone) and messages left. No call was ever returned. Very disappointed in the lack of professionalism in returning a phone call. Went with another roofing company which started our roof 3 days later.

Description of Work
Contacted about a new roof for our home.

I gave him an estimate on August 6th, at the time he said he was getting estimates an i was the second of 3 or 4 estimates he was getting....he never called me back to confirm he was going with me to do the roof... so i obviously didnt schedule it.. he called me just a few days ago which was a month after I gave him a quote an left a message..I called him 3 times that afternoon an the next morning only to get his voice mail an a mailbox that was full an not able to leave him a message....so his remarks are not true at all !!...

08/17/2017

Katherine K.

This company was absolutely amazing. From start to finish it was a positive experience. They started early and finished early. The team was finely tuned and the owner of the company was onsite to orchestrate the entire job. They did a great job of carefully working around my landscape without damaging anything and the clean up was thorough. (No flat tires!!) They also did a little gutter repair as a courtesy. (Thank you J&V!) As far as the price, I wont disclose how much I paid as you cannot use my roof as a ballpark since homes vary in size, however I will share this, I received numerous estimates from various companies in my area. J&V did not come in the lowest but they were not the highest bidder either. I was already considering them when they completed a roof on my block. It was a beautiful job so I hired them. I feel like this company gave me the best bang for my buck. I received a quality job at a fair price. They have my recommendation 100%!

Description of Work
Had shingles replaced on home and garage roof.

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

it was such a pleasure to work for you...thank you so much !!

08/01/2017

Tricia B.

Can't say enough about this company. Price was more than fair, they showed up exactly when they said they would, and the whole job was done in six hours. John took pictures of every sheet of plywood that he had to replace, and made sure he explained everything he did - both before and after. Came in under the max budget he had quoted us, and the roof looks beautiful. They just finished today, so I can't say for certain that it is watertight, but I can tell by looking at it and the way it was done that it is going to be. I'm thrilled with everything.

Description of Work
Roof and skylight replacement

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

Review for J & V Roofing & Home Improvement - 5407 S Saratoga Ave, Youngstown, OH - 35946831

thank you so much ,it was such a pleasure to work for you !! thanks again

07/15/2017

Fran D.

John was prompt with his quote and began this project as agreed. Crew was professional and the quality of the workmanship was excellent! I would definitely recommend this provider to anyone who is needing new or to replace existing siding.

Description of Work
Replaced siding, new gutters, shutters and light fixtures. Tear off of existing vinyl siding and disposed of debris.

Category siding

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

thank you so much it was pleasure to work for you , an also we appreciate your business !!

06/27/2017

JOE C.

Could not have asked for a better, more professional job. They cleaned up so well I only wish it was Autumn and they could have helped me with my leaves!

Description of Work
John & company put a new roof on the house.

Work Completed On 06/27/2017