Home Solutions Handyman

Founded 2005 • With Angi since April 2007

Home Solutions Handyman is the professional handyman service you can trust for all of your home improvements and repairs. We provide the highest level of professional workmanship, that's why all of our technicians are screened, licensed and insured. Our uniformed staff will show up on time and complete your projects to your satisfaction, providing you with the kind of reliability, quality and service you deserve. Our mission is to make home repair and improvements easier for you. We promise to treat your home like it's our own. You can trust Home Solutions to take care of all of your home improvement needs. Our goal is for complete customer satisfaction on every job, that's why our labor is GUARANTEED for one full year. Give us a call today to help you transform your home into the one you've always desired!...

4.4

4.4

handyman (89)plumbers (23)electrician (16)home remodeling (14)decks & porches (14)door installation (11)gutter repair (9)drywall (8)roofing (7)interior painting (6)ceiling fan installation (6)appliance repair (6)

12/03/2020

Mary W.

The repair was done promptly and solved the problem. The technician was very professional and helpful.

Description of Work
Replace doorknob on front door that was sticking

Work Completed On 12/03/2020

11/13/2020

Jordan C.

The technician did a fine job isolating the problem and then resolving it.

Description of Work
A problem with a circuit breaker and a light installation

Category appliance repair, electrician

Work Completed On 11/13/2020

07/24/2020

Tim M.

Made me wait over 2 weeks to get scheduled estimator Todd. Did not show. Didn't call back for 45 minutes but then didn't have his schedule of when could come back. Tried to say took pics do estimate over phone. Called back next day to complain secretary Carrie just transferred me to Todd. They did not have initial call date written down. Said since I had other estimates to just go with other vendors. This small job test for multiple projects failed.

Description of Work
T111 siding and gutters

Category gutter repair, garage builders

Work Completed On 07/24/2020

We strive to satisfy all customer from the initial call to the completion of the project. However, this customer is upset with a scheduling conflict on the estimate only. We never provided an estimate to them and never performed any work. We apologize for the scheduling error.

04/12/2020

Richard M.

They don't serve services in my area.

Description of Work
They don't serve services in my area.

Work Completed On 04/11/2020

So sorry, we are working with Angie's List to correct our service area.

10/30/2019

Sarita H.

So far they are good and the proposal was great.

Description of Work
They provided a proposal for a backyard enclosure.

Category handyman service, garage builders

Work Completed On 10/30/2019

06/07/2019

Toni I.

Never showed up after he wrote done everything was supposed to call me with estimate but never heard from him, will NEVER use your web site again

Description of Work
Plumbing and windows

Category handyman service, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

We don't know why this keeps happening, but customers we've never had dealings with continue to put bad reviews on our page. Once again, we have searched all our call in reports, all of the estimate appointments and all written proposals and can not find any one with that name or that request in the Brookfield area. Please check to see whom you called and provide your review to the appropriate company.

05/10/2019

Pauline A.

Received a reasonable estimate for the job. Scheduled the job and repair was done quickly and the end result was excellent. Worker was polite, respectful and cleaned everything up when he was done. Got the job done in a few hours. Would use their services again and recommend to others.

Description of Work
PRepair small area of damage to a textured ceiling from a leak. Texture the area and paint the ceiling.

Category handyman service, plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/24/2019

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your business and the kind review.

11/25/2018

Lisa H.

He responded quickly and got the job done quickly as well. He was very reliable.

Description of Work
He replaced a switch on my ceiling fan/light.

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

10/09/2018

Alexandra S.

The work was exceptional, it looks amazing! Communication was prompt, we worked together to get the look i was hoping for, and we are now moving forward on another project. I would recommend the company.

Description of Work
Balcony and patio door off second floor Master BR

Category decks, handyman service

Work Completed On 10/03/2018

Thank you very much for your business and your review. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

09/24/2018

lewis M.

once ordered materials came in from lowe's .they was at my house first thing in the morning,took out old deck and replaced with new composite material. cleaned up afterward. this new deck looked much better the pre-treated wood. great job done!

Description of Work
replaced pre-treated front porch/deck with composite wood

Category decks

Work Completed On 08/27/2018

Thank you for your business.

11/15/2017

Joan K.

I waited a month but they never got back to me! Not even a call!

Description of Work
Electric and plumbing jobs

Category electrician, plumbing

Once again, just like the previous review, we have searched all our call in reports and our estimate schedules and we have no record of going to her place to provide an estimate. We believe she has Home Solutions mistaken with another contractor? We tried calling twice to discuss this with her and couldn't make contact.

09/09/2017

Michael D.

The guy came out to do a estimate Ill leave it at this CON ARTIST BEWARE

Description of Work
The guy came out to do a estimate Ill leave it at this CON ARTIST BEWARE

Work Completed On 09/09/2017

We have searched all our call in reports and our estimate schedules and we have no record of this gentleman ever calling us or us ever going to his place to provide an estimate. We believe he has Home Solutions mistaken with another contractor?

08/11/2017

Anthony D.

The original scope of work was expanded after we found that the downspout drain line was originally incorrectly installed. They returned to run a new line to the street. The workers were very helpful in making sure the work was done correctly.

Description of Work
Added downspout and new drain lines

Category handyman service, drain pipe

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

We appreciate the feedback and thank you for your business.

08/08/2017

Chad A.

The projects went well. The carpenter from Todd's crew was professional, skilled and punctual. He did a great job. I will hire Todd again for future projects. His prices are fair and the quality of work is sound.

Description of Work
we needed to have one kitchen cabinet trimmed and raised to accommodate a larger fridge and we needed to switch from a built in cooktop and oven that was in our island to a slide in range.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

[Member Name Removed], It was challenging, but I'm glad we got everything figured out and your appliances fitting well. Thank you for your Business.

07/17/2017

JUDY V.

IT WAS TERRIBLE. I HAD IT PAINTED LAST YEAR, AND THE PAINT IS PEALING,AND FAIDING. WE HAD TO CALL THEM BACK BECAUSE THEY DID NOT DO BETWEEN THE WORD. I WILL NOT CALL THEM BACK TO STAIN MY DECK. WHAT A RIPOFF. ALL THAT MONEY FOR A SLOPEY JOB.

Description of Work
patio deck

Category decks, handyman service, patios

Work Completed On 07/12/2016

We have looked through our notes and service call reports and we have no record of her calling us back to stain between the wood? This is the first we have heard about any problems. Also, the project was completed on August 28th, 2015, not July 12, 2016 as the customer has indicated. We have stained hundreds of decks in recent years and usually don't have issues. This particular deck was stained with a very high quality Sherwin Williams product. We have an excellent reputation and we always aim to please our customers. If we are aware of a problem, we do our best to make it right! Even though our warranty is 12 months from time of service, we will contact this customer and see if we can resolve her dispute.

03/20/2017

Leslie T.

estimate for work was high compared to other contractors

Description of Work
estimate was prompt and professional - used another contractor

Work Completed On 03/20/2017

We appreciate the feedback, but we don't understand an over all grade of a "C" when work was never performed. The only thing we did was provide a free estimate. If you search, you can always find someone to provide a lower cost, but do you get the same quality of work?

10/16/2016

TIM O.

Job was done quickly and at a reasonable cost.

Description of Work
I needed some siding repaired.

Category appliance repair, siding

Work Completed On 10/16/2016

10/04/2016

Donna H.

If you have a large number of projects, be aware this company has a very convoluted and clunky bid process. They kept me in limbo for two weeks, and communication was virtually non-existent through out. The material on one of the larger projects was changed without discussion. Our initial meeting with them for a long list of smaller items as well as a as a couple of much larger, more expensive items took place on a Monday. The meeting went well, and I looked forward to working with them on this project, as well as a bath and kitchen remodel in the future. The estimator was very congenial, had good ideas and the back and forth was encouraging. The proposal was to be sent to me that Friday. When I didn't receive it over the weekend, I called on Monday, spoke to the estimator, and was told it would be emailed to me by the end of the day, which did not happen. On Tuesday afternoon, I left word about a possible change, but never heard back. On Thursday, nearly a week after the promised deadline, I received the proposal. This list included 2 big ticket items (a patio cover and concrete paver patio) as well as removing outside awnings from the windows. We asked for a separate line item for each of those three during our initial meeting. The estimator was provided a list of the projects at that time. Instead, everything was lumped together for a 13K bid, with the patio material changed from what we'd requested and discussed at length with the estimator. When I called that same day to ask for the individual pricing, I was told the estimator was out of the office until the following Monday. There was no one who could answer my question. That's when the proposal process was described to me. (It actually makes sense, and if communication is good, it wouldn't be an issue.) Long story short, I got bids for the job from other companies during the time I was waiting for the initial proposal, and decided after time dragged on to go elsewhere. (Having seen some of the responses this company gives to negative reviews, I'm certain this post will receive one with a full measure of snark.)

Description of Work
A large list of miscellaneous items, as well as two fairly significant projects.

Category awnings, electrician, egress windows, handyman service, hauling services, lighting, plumbing, water heater repair, mailbox repair, ceiling fans, doors, patios

Work Completed On 10/04/2016

We have lots of experience and know when best to walk away.

10/04/2016

Quentin K.

Estimate was at least $100 more than a competitor, but estimator was very professional.

Description of Work
20 foot fence.

Category decks

Work Completed On 09/13/2016

09/22/2016

L.Kathleen K.

Wonderful. They came when they said they would and did an excellent job. They also cleaned everything up when they were finished.

Description of Work
We needed some trim changed on our house and we had them remove a small antenna.

Work Completed On 07/25/2016

07/14/2016

Carol B.

Very well. Fred was courteous and careful, and figured out a new type of storm door which he had not dealt with before.

Description of Work
Hung storm and laundry room doors

Work Completed On 07/07/2016

Thank you for your business.

06/25/2016

Donald D.

This was to put down the hardwood floor.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate.

Category hardwood floor