MRD Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since April 2010

5035 east calla rd

New Middletown, OH 44442

Company in business since 1996. I have contracted for F.E.M.A, H.U.D. Possess a Federal Contractor license, hold an Associates Degree in Electrical Technology, Formal training in Masonry 1000+ hrs, Have Formal training in Plumbing 1300+ hrs. Worked on Historical Monuments. Can handle all general

04/12/2012

MICHAEL B.

HIGHLY RECCOMEND MRD ( CHRIS ) TO ANYONE!!!!!!!! WE GAVE HIM KEYS TO THE HOUSE AND THEY WORKED WHILE WE WERE OUT EVERYDAY EVEN SATURDAYS!!! CHRIS HAD KEYS TO OUR HOUSE NOW HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD GIVE THE KEYS TO STRANGERS??? WELL THEY ARE THAT TRUSTING AND WORTH EVERY PENNY, THEY WILL DOING WORK FOR US AGAIN AND AGAIN WE KEEP UPDATING OUR HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Chris the owner is very easy to work with, he will go above and beyond anything you need done!! I found MRD on Angies list plus others I picked a few to get a hold of me and MRD( CHRIS) was the only one to respond at all. When Chris came over the house to meet my wife and I he actually had his wife with him, which we thought was very personable and great. We talked about alot ( CHRIS LOVES TO TALK ) of things not just about the work, Now for the work done, We needed our whole upstairs painted Kitchen , Family Room , Dining room, Foyer , Two kids bed rooms , Master bed room and master bath. Remember we wanted cielings and walls, There was holes, bumps, tape marks showing plus picture holes all over one kids room was deep sea blue ( dark blue ) shelves moved holes some wall paper animals, the other kid room was dark purple. We should him everything we wanted done and he said no problem and also pointed out what he could do with other flaws. After our first meeting he said he will email me the price next day, Next day I received my text and a call from Chris to make sure, the price was low low, plus he wanted to finish up other jobs so he could focus on our house only!!! That was music to our ears, job was to be done in a week, but you know like any project things happen, Chris bought the best primer and still was having issues covering kids rooms , and plus Chris also fixed a few items for FREE!! Like my railing going to game room, He fixed electric outlets on my deck, I tried to pay him and he said no!!!!! As we went the wife and I did like the work and the people so we started adding things to project like , ceiling fans , carpet , molding , hot water pump for furance , extra outlets in the house, and lets not forget I wanted my Plazma TV that was on wall to show no wires, he put outlets and tubes in the wall and it hides all wires just a TV floating on the wall!! AWESOME!!!! For what Chris and his team did for my wife and I and for the money, there is no one out there BETTER!!! OTHERS WANTED DOUBLE TO TRIPPLE TO DO JOB NOT EVEN THE EXTRA'S WE DID!!!! MOST RESIONABLE TRUSTING COMPANY OUT THERE!!! I LIVE IN PA BY THE WAY HE LIVES IN OHIO, THAT WAS GREAT OF HIM TO DO AS WELL. We had a few little corks like Chris getting shocked off the ladder into our glass tables ( first off he was ok and very sorry ) that did break , that was of no concern of ours because we wanted to make sure he was ok thank god he was, But all he kept saying was I will replace that It's my fault I will replace that, and he did no extra cost at all.

Category remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

03/01/2012

Lisa B.

They did an exceptional job. From start to finish I was completely impressed with Chris. They did a phenomenal job and in labor I paid less than $2000 to do the work. They started approximately on January 23rd. Chris is coming back in August to build me a bathroom down here and he's also going to close off my laundry room. I spent less than $2000 in labor only and that has nothing to do with the materials. I wanted to buy my own material because I wanted to get my gas free.

Description of Work
MRD Inc finished building a bedroom in my basement on 13th February.

Category remodeling

02/17/2012

Dmetri B.

I'm changing my prior review. I used MRD's services for many projects, however the last item to be completed was the roof. I gave the owner a $2000 deposit to cover supplies, however the roof was never completed. Initially I received several excuses as to why the project was being delayed, then all replies ceased. I never heard from MRD again and I never received my deposit back, even after a letter threatening legal action. My attorney has advised that I would likely have trouble collecting in the event of judgement against the company. Prior review: MRD's estimates consistantly came in under the price of other tradespeople and contractors. Their work was always top quality and the work was completed in the timely manner.

Description of Work
MRD did a lot of work for me over the last year: interior and exterior painting, drywall replacement, refinishing hardwood floors, and plumbing.

Category drywall, electrician, gutter repair, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, glass block, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

02/17/2012

Suzanne T.

We tought he was doing a good job at first - but he broke molding as he tore out the old tile and put it back up anyway. He got in a hurry and boke tile also. We just got to the point we wanted him gone before he did any more damage. Our fault for letting him continue but we really didn't want to get in a big hassle. Just wanted him gone.

Description of Work
Hired to install bathroom floor tile and bath tub surround tile. We figured the price was very good but now we will have to pay a lot more to fix his mistakes. I really did 't want to write this report but every time I use my bathroom, I see more and more messes that will have to be redone. He promised to take care of us, especially since my husband is a veteran. I don't want any other "veterans" to be misled. It is really too bad he can't deliver on his promises because we had more work that we would have hired him for if he could do what he said. Nice guy to your face - but not trustworthy and I am not sure if he is capable to doing construction. All the "A" reports that were listed for him led us to believe he was capable. Now I don't know that I can trust this Angie List again. Sorry!

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

01/15/2012

Martin T.

He did what he said he would do and did it to my specifications. He was on time for the estimate, and when he did the actual job.

Description of Work
Replaced toilet, replaced countertop a faucet and sink.

Category countertops, plumbing

11/05/2011

Michael G.

I am sure I will have a lot more good things to write once I have him remodel the master bathroom, but I am very satisfied!

Description of Work
MRD came out for an estimate on a few repair and remodeling projects. He showed up on time and was very professional. The visit was primarily for flashing around the chimney, but I also asked about a bathroom remodel quote and siding for next spring. He provided a thorough inspection of the entire roof and the flashing and was able to fix the problem on the spot for virtually no cost. I am sure I will have a lot more good things to write once I have him remodel the master bathroom!

Category remodeling, roofing

10/13/2011

Mike M.

We decided to update and expand our small downstairs 1/2 bathroom and add a shower. We also wanted to gut our upstairs bathroom and expand into an adjacent closet and add a corner garden tub. Chris was very quick to respond to our initial request for estimated costs. He stopped by to get measurements and details for our projects. He provided a detailed proposal that would only fluctuate depending on the materials that we selected. Chris and his crew were punctual and kept us updated on the progress and informed us of any issues. Since the house is an old farmhouse built in the 1850's, I knew there would be some hidden surprises along the way. Chris was able to identify all electrical, framing, structural and plumbing problems and rectify accordingly. MRD transformed our 2 old, small, dingy, yellow, outdated bathrooms into 2 beautiful bathrooms that we are proud to let family and friends use.

Description of Work
Gut, expand, and renovate small bathroom downstairs - turn 1/2 bathroom into a full bathroom. Gut expand, and renovate bathroom upstairs. These projects were performed in a +150-year-old farmhouse. Cost on this report includes labor and materials.

Category electrician, picture framing, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

They were very involved in the project from start to finish, it was a pleasure to work with them and look forward to future projects

08/22/2011

jason W.

overall experience was good. the owner (chris gallagher) and his son made time, away from another job, to fit me in. they were punctual and dilligent. the work (overall) went well also. the exterior aluminum trim for the door and the interior turned out nicely. the steps that were installed look alot nicer and fuction much better as well. i will and would use them for future work in my home.

Description of Work
work done was to take out (bust out) 2 existing concrete steps in garage and install 3 wood steps (steps are going from garage into the house). also needed new aluminum put over exterior door trim ( door is a man door for garage, an entry door had been previously installed by someone else). they also trimmed out the interior putting new wood trim around inside of door.

Category handyman service

08/20/2011

Jean M.

Overall, I was very disappointed in this company and I proceeded to get someone else to do the job. I expect business owners to follow through and do what they say they are going to do. If a contractor decides, for whatever reason, that he can't do a job, why not tell the customer? It is very rude and totally unacceptable for a business just to leave someone hanging like this. People usually have a time frame in which a job like this must be done and this kind of behavior doesn't help anyone. It gives the business a bad name and it interferes with the customer's ability to get a job done. Because of the inconsiderate way I was treated, I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
I called about a gutter that was not working properly. I explained that this wasn't a big job, but it required someone with good problem solving skills. I was assured that the owner was very well qualified and had much experience. I asked whether the company would be willing to work on my house since it isn't really close to the company address. Again I was assured that distance was no problem and, in fact, the owner was very familiar with my area. The owner called within a reasonable amount of time and made arrangements to come a day or two later. When he arrived, he took great care in diagnosing the situation. He seemed to know what the problem was and just how to fix it. He said he would price the materials and call me the next day with an estimate. I was feeling very encouraged and very confident in him. Unfortunately, he never contacted me at all. I waited a week, thinking something may have come up for him, and then I called again. The person who answered the phone assured me she would have him call. Again, I waited several days and no one ever made any effort to get in touch with me.

Category gutter repair

I let the member slip through the crack, Had a family emergency with my son and been distracted by that, we apologize

07/30/2011

jonathan P.

MRD came a week or two prior, to give a free estimate on some moss build up I had on my roof. Chris worked around my schedule and came in the evening to give an estimate. He looked around and explained the work that should be done, in very specific details, which was appreciated. My roof is very steep and I was concerned about a pressure washer damaging the shingles on my roof. He explained that he'd need two people to do the job and that the pressure washer would be used on a very low setting. When he came to perform the work, his crew came exactly when they said they would and cleaned the roof so well, it looks brand new. MRD even pressure washed the siding and other build up, around the perimeter of my house. The estimate was spot on and I felt that the work done warranted the cost. Chis even called today to make sure the work done was to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Pressure washed (on low pressure) roof, siding and porch roof (connected to house) to rid of moss build up. Also cleaned out gutters.

Category roof cleaning

07/18/2011

Paula R.

Another fellow gave us an estimate that was $200 cheaper and that is what our insurance company went with. HE was very nice, he came when he said he was going to, and I have no complaints. Everything seemed on the up-and-up and I think he would have done a good job.

Description of Work
We had some wind damage to the roof on an apartment building that I have and MRD Inc came down to give us an estimate. He would redo the roof as well as the drywall and insulation that was ruined inside.

Category drywall, insulation, remodeling, roofing

07/15/2011

Wilson P.

dont recommend to anybody................ total grade FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Description of Work
the electrical work was fine and done well as far as we know the inspection by the inspector Chris said would be here has not happened or even scheduled as he told us.. We then hired Chris to remodel our bedroom, remove drop ceiling putm up dry wall on ceiling and walls, move electical, cable put in new windows, put in plug outside and outside light. The light was put up and the door removed and a new one put in place but no outside plug. the outside painting was done fine. The windows odered were white and we were told would be painted, well they used exterior paint not vinyl paint and looks like a 5 year old did it there are drips and spots where the paint has already scrapped off. His inabiltiy to tape and do drywall was not told to us, we came in the walls were primed and ready for paint and the every screw hole, seam, dimpled dry wall over the whole room and ceiling was awful. My son is a union carpentar and he came over and inspected the room and circled all the flaws. He unfortunately was working so much he was unable to do the work. after discussing this with Chris he then stated dry wall is not his forte!!!! He also was hired to do our furnace and air conditioning he assured us he could do it all. Well we had to have a stomped ceiling because he could not fix the mars, the carpet seam is visible and had to be redone 2xs, we still have no air in our room and had to harass and yell for him to come back to even work on in spite of being paid in full. The last time he came in for the 3rd time to rectify the lack of airconditioning which also means no heat to our room he cut a hole in the wall into my upstairs bedroom andnever told us. we were to have the duct work cleaned by his company and that never happened. the men he used to help install the air were to come back and repressurize the system and so far they arent here either. This job was to be done in 2 weeks 2 months later still not satisfied and fuming.We had to pay for the rental of the pods we got for 2 months rather than one. the gutters he put up leaked and he finally came and resealed them. He cannot do all he states he can and does not follow up once he has his money forget it .So it you hire him dont pay him until your are sure all is done to your satisfaction. I now have to call in a furnace person, and a carpet person which means moving all the furniture out again to have it done right. I havent even metioned the closet railing that within 2 hours of putting up my clothes the rail fell off the wall and I had to move all the clothes back to other closets all over my house.So buyer be- ware or just stay a way from MRD all together

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, gutter repair, plumbing, remodeling, water heater repair, replacement windows, woodworking, ceiling fans, house painters, interior painters, doors

some people you can never satisfy no matter what you do . READ the rest of the reviews.

06/24/2011

Sharon K.

The crew arrived, moved the items that needed to be moved and began to tear out the damaged surfaces (damaged walls, wood and flooring) . They put up new drywall (mold resistant) where necessary, and painted the remaining surfaces. The last task was to pour the epoxy floor with the color I had picked ... they matched all the chosen colors exactly as I asked! What a refreshingtly different experience!

Description of Work
Chris and his crew performed work in restoring a basement,which included some new drywall, painting, taking out old (original) linoleum tile floor and replacing with epoxy surface, removal of moldy surfaces (Chris is qualified in mold work). Frankly, when Chris' very professional crew was done, I didn't recognize my basement! Now we can go back to having family dinners downstairs, and not have that damp, moldy odor. It's returned to its original use! I will absolutely be calling Chris back for other projects I have around my house, and will do so with no hesitation.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

04/26/2011

Wilson P.

We found Chris on Angie's List. He and Tim came in not only installed the breaker box but put in new switches, reviewed a couple switches and rehung the paneling over the box and swept the room they walked in.

Description of Work
New breaker box installed.

Category electrician

04/11/2011

JENNIFER B.

These guys are prompt, dependable, courteous, they installed a vanity, toilet, locks molding, had a couple of minor hiccups, but they rectified them promptly. These guys are great guys and they are going to do a kitchen remodel for me.

Description of Work
Tear out, minor plumbing, minor electrical, minor painting, minor moulding.

Category electrician, remodeling, interior painters

04/04/2011

Lori K.

The lead issue was a major concern for us. Of the various contractors, they were the only ones very familiar with guidelines and how to do it. Upstairs was sealed off and we lived downstairs for the duration (we have a 2 yrs old and I'm pregnant, so we were quite careful). Lead tests were all negative. My 2 year old had his lead test about 2-3 weeks after the job was finished, and his levels were totally normal (levels at which they cannot accurately detect). Our upstairs is completely different now. The floors have the original wood showing instead of tacky paint, the rooms are all painted in new colors, trim looks great, and the walls in our room make it look like a new house. Hanging the door was tricky given the uneven frame, but they work perfectly and look good. I will say there were minor mistakes made at various points along the way (some floor finish splashed on the bottom wall trim upstairs, a bit of wallpaper removed from tape where upstairs was sealed off) but these are very minor. We are extremely pleased with the results and will use them again in the future!

Description of Work
Wood floors in 3 bedrooms and upstairs hallway were stripped of old paint (several layers, including some with lead), sanded, and refinished. We wanted water based finish (no VOCs) which he agreed to do. He also fixed the floors (joists underneath) in several spots where they gave when weight was put on them. They also re mediated lead in all windows (sanded/painted) and tested for lead when job was complete. Painted stairs. Put drywall up in one bedroom, put new trim on in hallway and rooms, painted all rooms, hallway and trim. Finally, I included a separate job, installing double doors between two rooms in the downstairs.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, interior painters

Homeowners were very understanding and cooperative.Since lead was involved, there were many factors. Lead is difficult, homeowners whom understand the dangers and are willing to follow all safety precautions makes a tough, dangerous job enjoyable and totally safe for everyone.

01/31/2011

Lori K.

It went beautifully! What a difference. The room looks perfect with smooth walls in a great color. Chris did a great job of figuring out the window frames and trim. The house is quite old, and nothing is really square in the house, but you wouldn't know that by the finished look. They were so professional throughout the job, always on time, communicative, etc. We are now having MRD do more work, including taking paint off the upstairs floors in 3 bedrooms and the hallway. The paint has some lead in it, and MRD was the only company (of four we had look at them) that was trained and prepared to deal with lead paint in floors. They will also be remediating some lead paint in window frames in two bedrooms.

Description of Work
The plaster walls in our bedroom were a mess, totally uneven and with ugly paint, plus wallpaper on part. MRD stripped the wallpaper, evened out the poor plaster areas in the walls and ceiling, then put up drywall in the bedroom. (We had considered having the plaster redone, but it would have been a mess with the insulation we had put in two years ago). They also put new trim on the walls, primed and painted all walls and trim, and painted the ceiling.

Category drywall, remodeling, interior painters

12/14/2010

Joseph P.

Overall, Chris did good work at a good price. The repairs and updating took about 2 1/2 days. Everything looks great now that it is finished. Chirs was always punctual and professional. We will be having Chris out to do more work in the future.

Description of Work
We had a leaking valve in our bathroom vanity that went unnoticed causing damage to our vanity and subfloor. Given that we were going to have a contractor out to do the repair work, we decided to also do some updates to the bathroom in the process. Chris, the owner-operator of MRD, performed the following services for us: 1. Repaired and painted the vanity and fixed parts of the subfloor. 2. Replaced the vanity top. 3. Installed new bathroom fixtures, lights, and an outlet. 4. Installed and painted new vanity doors. 5. Painted the bathroom.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

10/20/2010

Erika A.

These guys are AMAZING!! not only did they call me back within a couple hours, they came the next day for my free estimate. They did excellent work, explained the rationale behind the work they were proposing, as I had previous estimates of $1000 for less work than they proposed. As a single woman, MRD definitely saved the day for me, and I will utilize them for all my future projects, and will be passing out their business card to all my friends and family.

Description of Work
Repaired leak around chimney, repaired corner of roof where California valley empties into gutter, removed moss on roof, sealed vinyl siding under windows, rehung gutter, reinstalled gutter hangers, and installed ice maker, new line for ice maker.

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, siding, small appliance repair, chimney repair, roof cleaning

08/22/2010

Ralph W.

If we decide mold is still present we will call him

Description of Work
We haven't yet decided if services are needed..but if they are, we will call him.

Category mold removal

Honesty Plumbing, LLC

We specialize in affordable basement waterproofing, please call 330-207-7254 for a free estimate. Over 25 years of plumbing experience. Honest and dependable. Specializing in affordable basement waterproofing.

2022 Super Service Award

GLASS BLOCK HEADQUARTERS

Super Service Award Winner in Windows! GBH is family-owned, assuring you that everyone here is committed to the impeccable reputation of our company. We know what it takes to give you the highest quality products along with top-notch customer service! Our team has been put into place firstly and most importantly for their ability to deal with customers in an easygoing, courteous, & professional manner. They possess common sense and the ability to handle any situation. Understanding our customers' needs and working around any problem is our strong suit. Since we work as a tight-knit family, no issue ever goes unresolved. No one will ever hesitate to escalate any situation to someone else if they cannot resolve it themselves. 16 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBCONTRACTORS. Cost determined per job, no travel charges.

Offers by GLASS BLOCK HEADQUARTERS on Angi
    Perfect Power Wash

Perfect Power Wash is a professional power washing company that values honesty, integrity, and treats your home as if it were our own. We use our 20+ years of experience and dedication to customer service to provide the perfect clean for every customer. In total, our team has power washed over 150,000 homes and businesses in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. Our soft wash process and biodegradable cleansers safely remove dirt, mold, mildew, and algae from all exterior surfaces. We utilize best-in-class equipment for every house wash, concrete wash and seal, roof treatment, deck/patio wash, and commercial power washing job. Perfect Power Wash makes it easy for every homeowner to power wash their property. Just give us a call today to get your project started!

Check, PayPal

Complete Home Renovations, repairs and all around maintenance. all types of repairs and installations.Electrical services old and new. Plumbing,cabinet install, kitchen and baths, flooring,sheet vinyl, hardwood, tile,doors windows, decks and sunrooms.Additions,Hardstone Landscaping, etc

2nd story roofing If steep, Currently do not have proper safety equipment to do the job