Not sure if you should trim your own trees? Sometimes your tree problem is best left to a pro whose is trained in maintenance and other complex issues.
Get matched with top tree removal services in Moorhead, MN
There are 2 highly-rated local tree removal services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Tree Service Reviews in Moorhead
- L&L Tree ServiceLuke did an excellent job. He was fair in pricing, and very safe in removal of the trees. No damage to property ( I was concerned of large limbs over/ near the house ) and he did an awesome clean up job. I would defiantly use his services again !
- Accelerated Green Works IncBrett, Jodi, Chris, Eric, and all the crew were great to work with. Well thought out planning was carried out to perfection. Easy to work with and transparent. We absolutely love our patio and use it year round! Would recommend highly.
- L&L Tree ServiceGreat Was on time and professional Very happy with the job done Even offered to clean my rain gutter if I had a leaf blower since he was on the roof anyway
- L&L Tree ServiceI hired them on two different occasions and both times it went great. They did great work and the price was very reasonable. He also arranged to have the stumps of the trees ground up. I would definitely hire them again when the need comes up. Very professional and easy to work with.
- L&L Tree ServiceTree to be removed was in difficult position. It was approached with no damage to surrounding landscaping and done in timely manner. Very happy with the work done.
- L&L Tree ServiceHe responded immediately and will be doing the work in early October. Happy with response and meeting.
- Accelerated Green Works IncIt went excellent! We are so happy with the new deck from accelerated green works. Mr. Brett Kallias and crew work is awesome. Totally the best of the best deck ever here! For real! We extremely highly recommend this great company to all people looking to upgrade there homes! A huge shout out to them! And a big thank you! Kudos to them
- Accelerated Green Works IncVery professional. Very prepared, and well equipped. Did a very tough job exceptionally well. They kept me updated on the progress. Did a great job cleaning up. They removed two giant trees from my backyard. The only guys who seemed confident they could do the job....and they did great! K. Larson Farg
- L&L Tree ServiceHe was able to do the work right after I got the estimate. He was very professional. I'd hire that company in a heartbeat. Our usual tree company failed didn't want to do it because of access. The second gave me a bid, but never followed up.
- Bear's Tree ServiceIt went great. He contacted me the day I called him, and by the next morning he was out and did an estimate. That same day he cut down the tree. I don't know when exactly the stump came out because I went out of town for the weekend but it was gone by the time I got home.
Last update on June 15, 2021
Tree Service Companies in Moorhead
Explore our Solution Center for helpful tree service company articles
Are your trees really accidents waiting to happen? Before you're forced to yell "Timber!" learn the eight signs that your trees may not survive winter storms.
Why do you prune trees? It’s actually one of the most important aspects of tree care, and not just because it promotes new growth.
Find tree removal services in
- West Fargo,
- Lake Park,
- Twin Valley,
- Pelican Rapids,
- Detroit Lakes,
tree removal services in Moorhead
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Bear's Tree ServicePO Box 10626
Fargo, North Dakota 58106
- Bear's Tree Service
- Carr's Tree Service307 MN State Highway 78
Ottertail, Minnesota 56571
- Carr's Tree Service
- FM Tree CarePO Box 5263
Fargo, North Dakota 58105
- FM Tree Care
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- Signature Landscapes2613 1st Ave N
Fargo, North Dakota 58102
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
Tree service companies that service Moorhead
Tree Service FAQ
How much does it cost to remove a tree?
Answer: Typically, tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000. Tree removal costs vary widely based on the number of trees being removed, the height of each tree, the diameter of each tree trunk, and accessibility to the tree. Smaller trees are usually less expensive to remove than larger ones, as are those that are more easily accessible.
Do you need a permit to cut down a tree?
Answer: In many areas, you don’t need a permit to cut down a tree on your own private, residential property. But some municipalities may require tree removal permits for conservation purposes or to comply with local ordinances. When you hire a tree removal pro, they’ll be able to tell you whether you need a permit for your specific tree removal project.
When is a good time to trim trees?
Answer: In most regions, the best time to trim your trees is during the winter months. During the active growing season (spring through fall), trimming your trees can leave them more vulnerable to disease and less likely to thrive. During the winter months, when trees are dormant, trimming them will cause less stress and leave them ready to grow again in the spring.
What is the average cost to cut a tree down?
Answer: Tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000 per tree. Establishing an average cost can be difficult because each tree will be assessed and priced based on factors like height, trunk diameter, and accessibility. In general, smaller trees cost less to remove than larger trees, as do trees that are more accessible.
How much does it cost to service a tree?
Answer: The cost to service a tree is typically between $430 and $1,320. The cost to service a tree depends on several factors, including what exactly you’d like done, the tree’s height, its health, the location of the tree, and local labor costs. The national average cost for tree services is $865. Tree trimming isn’t necessary for all trees but can improve their health and longevity by encouraging new growth.
What is the difference between tree trimming and pruning?
Answer: While tree trimming and tree pruning might appear similar to the untrained eye, they serve different purposes. Tree pruning is used to thin a tree by removing unnecessary or burdensome branches. Tree trimming promotes healthy growth by trimming but not removing branches.