Determining drywall prices for your project can vary depending on where you live, what type of drywall you need, and the size and shape of your room. This guide will help you calculate how much drywall will cost for your project.
Get matched with top drywall contractors in Duluth, MN
There are 5 highly-rated local drywall contractors.
Recent Drywall Reviews in Duluth
- JAMES ZYWICKI PAINT & DCRTNGGreat job, timely completed with much regard to detail, consideration of flowers and personal items that were obviously a hindrance to their ability to work efficiently. Can't say enough good things about Jason, Chuck and Jim. Kudos for a great job. They will be coming back.
- Mint Property ServicesWas very good. Jason's personality is definately one of his assets. He is hard working and so very nice and polite. They had one delay due to illness but overall project still completed in reasonable amount of time.
- Mint Property ServicesWe are 100% pleased with both the service provided and the quality of construction. Further, we were in a major bind, and Mint Property Services stepped up to the plate, even working weekends for us, went the extra mile and "saved the day". ----- The background... short version - Elderly family. Sudden health decline. The decision to move them into our small guest house is made only one week before they were to actually take up residence, and only A COUPLE of days before we had to leave the state to go retrieve them. A significant portion of the structure was in shambles and half-gutted from water damage, and still had mold. Further, the floor in this room was significantly lower than the main structure, creating a tripping\falling hazard in between. Another door in the house was too high and had a major step up and over. No way we were getting this all done in time on our own. Talk about stressed... We contacted Jason, explained the situation, and he got right to work. Having worked with him on a smaller job, we trusted him and left him with the keys to the guest house. When we left it in his hands the place was half torn out sheet rock, concrete floor, water stains, mold, and the list goes on. We didn't even have time to figure out exactly how we wanted to finish everything out, so we had Jason make some suggestions, went with what he suggested, and even gave him creative license on some items that were unsettled. He assured us that it would go from the state described above to mint condition by the time my grandparents arrived to take up residence here. ----It did.---- My wife arrived with my grandparents a few days later, and called me (I was back at their place packing still) before she even had them settled in to express her pleasure with the work completed.-- He knocked it out of the park (and worked Saturday and Sunday to do it). The new floor is sturdy, level, smooth, and the tripping hazard and awkward transition completely gone. One door raised and the other lowered perfectly. The creative license on items such as room color, trim style, style and finish of doorknobs and locks, he nailed it. I could go on, but I'll summarize it by saying that it was hard to believe that it was even the same room. My grandparents were able to move right in and feel right at home during this transition that is very difficult for them. -- He didn't stop there. While working on the place he noticed the bathroom door would not shut because the frame was a bit out of whack. On his own, he pulled the door, trimmed down the edge so it would close all the way, and reinstalled. He than wrapped the entire exterior in plastic to protect it from water infiltration until we could fix the underlying issue outside in the spring. I should also mention that there were a couple of hiccups of my own doing while we were out of state (materials I forgot to get, lost door keys, etc), and Jason handled them all with ease and without complaint. After finishing all of his work, before he left he even cleaned up our pre-existing clutter that we did not have time to straighten up before our departure.... a very welcome surprise upon our return. Jason did excellent work and took a lot of stress off of our family. We turned him loose on the project and truly did not have to worry about a thing; everything was completed to perfection. His company is aptly named read less
- Mint Property ServicesIt became more involved than we anticipated because the infrastructure, which we planned on using, had a few rot spots and also because the vertical supports were too far apart for the maintenance-free decking straps. Jason fixed everything and the infrastructure was so beautifully constructed I hated to cover it up! The weather also played a part n the project dragging out 10 days longer than anticipated, and no one could do a thing about that. We were very satisfied with Jason's and helpers' work and would recommend him to anyone and will hire him again when we need his expertise read less
- JAY LITMAN CONSTRUCTION REMODELING & HANDYMAN SERVJay Litman was very prompt on getting over to quote out the project. Once the project was started Jay let me know how it was going each week. I stopped in several times and looked the project over. They do a great job! I would hire them again for our next job.
- The Carpentry Works LLCThey are professionals, friendly and courteous. They ask you questions and listen to your requests. They ask you if you have any questions or concerns throughout the project. They clean up after themselves at the end of each work day. They suggest ideas that only comes with years of experience. I liked the work so much that I now consider them my and quot;handy manand quot; for all projects needing professional help read less
- Ed Lundberg Painting & WallpaperEd gave an itemized estimate that was good for several months if we wanted to do the job in parts. Very professional and good communicator. Job itself was excellent. Very courteous and kept everything clean.
- Heartwood Construction IncOverall, Heartwood did an excellent job. Our ceiling had drywall over plaster and they were able to match the hight of the drywall perfectly and you can't tell where the new drywall meets the old. The staining on the molding is a near perfect match to the other molding in the Kitchen. I was very impressed by the professionalism and courtesy of all the employees who performed the work onsite. Heartwood's performs their estimates so that they will easily match up with State Farm. The entire estimate/approval process with State Farm went very smoothly. I highly recommend Heartwood if you have State Farm and need work done though an insurance claim. I already plan to use Heartwood for future work on the house and I highly recommend them read less
- J A HOULE INC PAINTINGJason has done allot of work for me over the past 7 years. Very trust worthy high level of quality, I own a number of rental properties and Jason and his team has kept them looking great inside and out, I highly recommend J A HOULE INC PAINTING for any painting, mudding, sheetrock work you have around your house read less
- JAMES ZYWICKI PAINT & DCRTNGThey were thorough and did a good job. I had an old building and it moved so I had some foundation work done several years ago. There were some cracks in the walls where plaster was broken and sticking out and they fixed them all. I have an old house and there were cracks in the foyer, down the hallway and in the basement. The price was reasonable for all the work they did and materials. They did several rooms with complete sheetrock on the walls and they filled them in and they painted afterward. They did a good job. They were here when they needed to be and they worked to get the job done. They stayed over when they needed to and they were pretty good about cleanup. Their professionalism was good read less
Drywall Contractors in Duluth
- Recent Review:Great job, timely completed with much regard to detail, consideration of flowers and personal items that were obviously a hindrance to their ability to work efficiently. Can't say enough good things about Jason, Chuck and Jim. Kudos for a great job. They will be coming back read lessLynda P.
- Business Description:Fusion Finishing is a Licensed Builder (LIC# BC634614) that does; remodeling, additions, basements,new home construction, bathrooms, kitchens and much much more. Fusion has the ability to create 3D drawings to see what your project may look like prior to starting the work. Most of the work is done in-house so you can have the peace of mind of knowing the project from step A to step Z will all be done with only the highest standards read lessRecent Review:David was very professional and worked efficiently. He communicates well and will discuss with you any questions or suggestions you may have and gives you his opinion. His work is first rate and we are very happy with the final outcome. We would hire him for any future projects. Thanks David! read lessJim R.
- Business Description:Bath fitter is north America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub to shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality. Additionally, we make it a priority to stay on top of the latest consumer trends in bathroom design and bathroom renovations to consistently meet the .. read lessRecent Review:Bath Fitter of Roseville did an excellent job of planning and installing the conversion of our bathtub/shower to a stand-alone shower. They provided us with quality materials, a variety of brands/accessories, and the workmanship required to putting it all into place. Their lifetime guarantee, along with on-going support and information on routine maintenance is reassuring. We love the look and comfort of the new shower. Excellent read lessDonna W.
- Business Description:4 employees. Occasionally uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service charges. May contact through email, phone, or text.Recent Review:I was very pleased with the work that Dennis did in my home. He was communicative, reasonable, prompt, and efficient. He is very skilled. He blended the drywall and plaster areas to match perfectly. I will definitely use him in the future read lessSarah T.
- Business Description:We are here for the sole purpose of helping you keep your home in tip top shape. We will meet with you free of charge and go over your project list and give you an estimate for each item separately so you can get things done that are the most important to you when it fits your budget. We have a crew of ten and look forward to serving you to make your home a comfortable place to be with everything working the way you want it to. Give us a call today for a free review of your list read lessRecent Review:Have not heard from Marshall Handyman on my projectRon F.
- Business Description:J. Benson Construction is a full service, fully licensed, insured, and bonded general contractor. We serve the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and greater Minnesota from three offices in Minneapolis, Rochester and Duluth. We are a preferred vendor for Contractor Connection, Code Blue, Travelers, Farmers Insurance, First Choice Repair, Innovation Property, Lionsbridge and West Bend Mutual Insurance, among others. Please see our website for additional service areas. Additional contact name - Br.. read lessRecent Review:Horrible The experience was awful with this people. I didn't know this company at all, my insurance company send me a list of 5 general contractors to take care of my house, so I pick J Benson because they were close to my house and I want it to keep the contractor local and close. So I went with them. They send an estimator like one day after the damage of the house, I signed the paperwork and two days later they send a different person because the first guy had previews commitments, so that was the first red flag. The second estimator took a lot more pics of the house and did he's first estimate, he submitted to the adjuster and it passed just fine. But then it took them almost one whole month before any one started to work in my house, not a single nail was removed or anything. Then I found out that numerous contractors were going in and out of my house with out me knowing it. Finally the work started and the job "foreman" got involved, this guy was even worst, he only called and picked up the phone when he need it something for me other ways good luck trying to get a hold of him. This guy should be FIRED and never allowed to work on the field again. One day I called him and he's answer was "what do you need, I am kind of busy right now" Awesome. Then I asked for an estimate to build a brand new bathroom in the basement. The estimator give me he's quote and we agreed on the price, so they started the project about one month after the paperwork was signed. About 80% of the work was done when I found out that the estimator "FORGOT" to add the toilet and the tub on the estimate!!!!!! How can any one do that????? So I had to came up with that $$$ And then there was the communication with office personnel. Since day one right after I signed the paperwork I offer to give them money, the estimator said "some one from the office will contact you" NO one ever did, weeks went by with out a single person contacting me about money. Finally some one did and every time we communicated there was a mistake with the numbers, every time there was an "I am sorry I forgot" Unreal this people. A couple of weeks before the project was done and I was super upset with every one involved at this point I requested a supervisor. He reached out to me and we meet at my house. He right away start asking me for money, I pretty much lost my cool there and I went off about all of the issues I was having with he's people. He's answer " I am sorry I wasn't aware of the issues" This shows how unprofessional this company is I can't believe how this people are in business not only in the twin cities but in southern Minnesota read lessCesar M.
- Recent Review:Every day for the past two years I have regretted hiring James for our bath remodel and finishing our attic. A plumber is at my house right now looking at his work and said, "This is not a good situation." The very expensive fixtures James installed "should not be failing already." James completed the work in a way that there is no access panel for maintenance. I am hoping that we do not shatter the glass partition he installed in attempting to re-create access to the plumbing. He "leveled" our bathroom floor, but the hex-tiled floor has hills and valleys. He replaced a floor tile he accidentally knocked loose with the same chipped tile rather than an undamaged one. He resurfaced a bathroom wall, but the surface is so uneven that there is a 1/4" gap filled with caulk between the wall and the vanity (which he knew he'd be installing). He didn't tent the doors or give us warning before he started sanding the drywall, so my entire house was filled with fine dust. Visiting friends who have worked in the trades have been appalled at the sloppiness of his work: There are cracks in my walls in the places James--or his subcontractor--didn't tape drywall seams; the seams are horribly sloppy, as is his paint work; there are no reveals on the window trim, most of which he installed with a staple gun and all of which shows poorly matched wood putty where he filled the nail and staple holes. My next door neighbor assumed I'd been working with someone competent, so she hired him to replace a window. He removed wide trim that was brown and replaced it with narrow trim which is white. And I was floored when she told me how freely James talked to her about my conversations with him. This is what I'm left with after I asked him to correct many of his first attempts, which were even worse. He acknowledged the issues and was courteous in his efforts to remedy his work, but the process was made more uncomfortable by his repeated remarks about money; I had to explain to him that it was unprofessional to share his worries with the customer when the job was not underbid in the first place. After it was too late to turn back, he proudly admitted that he learned most of what he was trying to do by watching YouTube videos. The irony is that--at least at the time I hired him--his slogan was "Done Right the First Time"; he didn't even do things right the second time. I finally gave up on having the work done satisfactorily because I wanted him out of my house read lessPatty O.
- Business Description:Professional Exteriors Inc is a full service company with services ranging from siding and roofing to decks as well as snow and ice dam removal in the winter. With a wide range of capabilities PEI is able to meet all your renovations needs read lessRecent Review:After water was running into the house due to ice dams they were able to come out the next day and get the water to stop comming inside. Thats the good. The bad is we were gouged to the tune of one thousand dollars for two hours worth of work. They did very little to clear the eves off, they still had a heavy sheet of ice. Its a week later and dams are back. They tried charging even more saying they worked longer than they did. Id say we payed 5x the value for 2/3 job read lessBrenda A.
- Business Description:For over 40 years Litman Construction Inc. has specialized in residential and light commercial remodeling, repairs and maintenance. Litman Construction has a full time crew who provide professional, skilled services to take care of just about any home, apartment building or business; repair, maintenance or remodeling project. With just a call, you can arrange for a convenient estimate or scheduling of your next project. You'll find our company a dependable, affordable and an efficient way to .. read lessRecent Review:Litman Construction won a bid through St. Louis County to install a vertical lift (elevator) to make our home handicapped accessible for our son with special needs. We began the project in ample time to complete it by the end of our funding year. We completed our portions of the project and Sam assured us that the project would be done on time. Two weeks before our funding year ended, Litman construction began their work, assuring us it would get done. The lift had not been ordered, so our project was not completed on time. It lost our son $12,000 of county funding to use this year for a handicapped accessible shower and ceiling lifts to keep him and our caregivers safe during transfers. Litman apologized, but did nothing to make the situation right. They proceeded to blame us for the delays. My husband was up until 2 AM one morning removing a wall so Litman could begin their work. Had we known that Litman's delays would be that impactful, we would have done what needed to be done ourselves. We could have easily done what needed to be done in a weekend. Litman Construction essentially sheet rocked and painted a U-shaped "closet" that was 5 feet deep, 6 feet wide and 12 feet high. They added a 42 inch high wall on top of the 8 foot wall my husband had already built. They sheet rocked and painted 204 square feet and charged $5,145 for their labor (85.75 hours over 30 days). On-line estimates put sheet rocking at $1.50-$3.00 per square foot (materials and labor combined) which would put our project at $306-$612. Even though Litman did not touch the lift (Arrow-Lift the lift manufacturer installed it) they charged a 10% mark up on the lift, and the electrician they hired (TK Electric) wired the main circuit board incorrectly so it was destroyed the first time it was hooked up. Their response to that was "He's done them for us before, but I guess mistakes can happen." Litman construction did not even do their work well. They left sheet rocked seams for us to have to blend into a wall above (they painted up to bare sheet rock). The bottom door header was put in crooked (it is 36" wide) and the dimensions for the door were incorrect despite them having a plan. When the lift was installed, shims needed to be placed at the top so the door opened correctly. We had to fix all their shoddy work after we fired them from the project. There was no service recovery or effort to make their mistake right. When we knew that the project was not going to get completed before the waiver year was up, Sam, the project manager, told us that he has had funding extended (our social worker never had heard of that) and that my husband was handy so he could complete parts of the next projects to fit into the money we have left over this year. He blamed us for the delays. In the end, Litman was paid for their job and there was no accountability for them. I left a one star review and told our story on their Facebook page and they deleted all four of their reviews. They turned off the ability for people to post to their page except in the comments of their posts. Instead of responding to a complaint, they deleted it. That, to me, says volumes about their company. If you want timely, high quality work done, go elsewhere read lessNena J.
- Business Description:We are a general contracting business specializing in custom garage building, roofing and siding. We've been in business since 1977 and continue to provide quality workmanship at a competitive price.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful drywall contractor articles
Plaster is a sturdy wall material that has a tendency to crack. Most plaster cracks are cosmetic and don’t pose any harm, but it’s important to find out what is causing the cracks anyway. Learn why plaster cracks and how you can avoid damage.
Drywall installation costs depend on various factors, including the size and shape of the room, the material type and thickness, and the desired finish. Read on to help determine your budget before starting your project.
Find drywall contractors in
- Two Harbors
- South Range
- Lake Nebagamon
- Solon Springs
- Iron River
- Hoyt Lakes
- Moose Lake
- Silver Bay
drywall contractors in Duluth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- CZ Construction819 E 7th St
- CZ Construction
- Fusion Finishing LLC.17135 Bison St
- Fusion Finishing LLC.
- Gordy Johnson Construction606 Elk St
- Gordy Johnson Construction
- J. Benson Construction3230 Gorham Ave
- JAMES ZYWICKI PAINT & DCRTNG5499 CANOSIA RD
- JAY LITMAN CONSTRUCTION REMODELING & HANDYMAN SERV5224 WASHBURN RD
- John Gilles Construction LLC23 S 66th Ave W
- JOHN LUCIA CONSTRUCTION llc8835 PEQUAYWAN LAKE ROAD
- J. Benson Construction
- Marshall Handyman Services2415 W Superior St
- Marshall Handyman Services
- Up North Cleaning & Home Maintenance213 W Wisconsin Ave
- Up North Cleaning & Home Maintenance