Josel Blind Co Inc

Founded 1962 • With Angi since October 2011

Located in

Troy, MI 48084

We at Josel Blind Co Inc. have been designing and servicing window treatments since 1962. Offering its services in the greater Metro Detroit area for more than 50 years, Josel Blind Company Inc. continues the family tradition, committed to offering quality service with superior workmanship in all areas of window treatments. Josel Blind Co Inc. offers a free consultation and estimates. Assisting clients not only with quality products and decorative solutions but within any budget. Josel Blind Company Inc. has received awards of excellence including Angie's List Super Service Award in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016,2017 and 2020. Also we have been awarded by Houzz . We use quality products from reputable name brand companies such as Alta, Hunter Douglas,Graber and many more. Our client’s preference is of the utmost importance, our consultations allow clients to consider options and design ideas that suits the clients design palette within their budgets. Our reputation with clients have shown they are very satisfied and would recommend us to others. At Josel Blind Company Inc. you can sit back and relax with the knowledge you have chosen an experienced company with staff committed to your satisfaction. We also provide experienced in house installation experts. So you can be reassured satisfaction from beginning to end!...
Work by Josel Blind Co. Inc  project
Work by Josel Blind Co. Inc

window treatment

202148093

09/22/2021

Sandra R.

Service was perfect . In love with my new blinds and shutters. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Blinds and Shutters

09/01/2021

Tom M.

Harry is punctual, cordial, and friendly, as is Ben, his assistant. Harry gave us recommendations that led to great satisfactions with our blinds. As he predicted, they matched our decor and controlled light just as we wished. He and Ben installed and adjustted 6 blinds in under an hour. He provides a lifetime replacement guarantee. His was price was quite fair for the excellent product, guarantee, and installation service.

Description of Work
cellular window blinds

Category remodeling, window treatments

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate people like you. If there is anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to call. Thanks again, Harry

06/17/2021

Helene S.

Wonderful!! Harry was very informative about his products. He was helpful with color coordinating the rooms together but NOT the same. I will definitely recommend Josel Blind Co., Inc. to anyone who is in the market for Custom Window Treatments.

Description of Work
My living room and master bedroom window treatments

05/08/2021

Matthew S.

Harry was great he was courteous and very helpful. He took his time and was very professional. I would hire him again

Description of Work
My entire home

Category replacement windows

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you are happy with what we decided on using for your Window Treatments. If there is anything else I can do for you please don’t hesitate to call me. Thanks,Harry Josel Blind Co. Inc. 248-320-6883

02/03/2021

Chad L.

On 8/7/20 we had Harry from Josel Blinds come to measure for a set of blinds. After the consultation we paid him $399.96 as a down payment on the order. He cashed the check on 8/8/20. We were told it would take six weeks for the blinds to arrive. After 10 weeks we called him and he told us the blinds hadn’t come in yet. We called again on 11/4/20 and he said that the company never received the order and that he would have to come back to our house to remeasure. This was during the Covid shutdown so I called him several times and asked him not come back and he still showed up on my porch. At that point I asked him to please refund the deposit since the blinds hadn’t been ordered. He told me on 11/4/20 that he would refund the money. We called several times over the last few months. He’s blocked our calls on many occasions. He’s claimed he’s sent the refund. He’s said he didn’t have a copy of the original quote and that we needed to send it to him. We did this on 11/23. He’s asked for our address and names multiple times and has told us on multiple occasions he’s sent the refund. We have text messages of many of the conversations to support these claims. On 12/11 he’s again said he sent the check and that we would receive the refund by 12/15. We finally received a check on 12/17 for $299.96 which was $100 less then the deposit. When we told him he said he couldn't read his own writing. He sent a second check for $100. On 12/31 I received a notice from my bank that the $299.96 check bounced. I called him immediately and he said it didn't bounce. I send him a copy of the bank statement and he said he would send another check. My wife and I have called and texted him several times since. He's asked for our address again. He has scammed us! BEWARE!

Description of Work
Blind for Bathroom

Category replacement windows

[Member Name Removed] Hi Members, I am the Owner of Josel Blind Co.Inc. and I would like to respond to this review. I am a professional and there are multiple things in this review that are not true!! I have been in Business over 40 yrs. and I have never had a customer say such incorrect information to the public.The end result I gave [Member Name Removed] his money back!!

06/15/2020

PATRICIA R.

Harry was a professional as soon as he walked through our door. He asked what we wanted & explained many solutions. (found us the best one - in color,material, and for insulation). We were truly pleased with the price. Would highly recommend him. The Rodgers Clawson, MI

Description of Work
New window treatments

Category window treatments

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review.I am pleased that you are happy with the decision we made on your Window Treatments!! If there is anything else I can do for ,you please let me know.

06/11/2020

Jason Z.

Harry is truly amazing. Definitely recommend him for any of your blinds needs. He is very professional and his work is simply perfect. We needed blinds put in the living room, and he made it possible in a very timely manor and was incredibly friendly. He even showed us how to care for the blinds, and even gave us other tips for them. Thanks so much Harry!

Description of Work
Excellent work done

06/02/2020

Katie S.

Harry was wonderful. The blinds are very good quality. The installation was fast and done exceptionally well. We are extremely happy and grateful we found Josel Blinds. Would definitely recommend to all our friends and family as well as our future needs.

Description of Work
Blinds (white faux wood)

03/19/2020

Joyce M.

They did a good and fine job. They were efficient and fast. I hired them a few years ago to do part of the work and they just came out to finish it.

Description of Work
Bedroom blinds

03/10/2020

Robert M.

Incredible! Harry's suggestions were invaluable in terms of color and style. We have a recently renovated mid-century ranch and wanted to go in a modern direction. Harry totally got our vibe. I've recommended Josel to several friends, they're also thrilled with his work!

Description of Work
Blinds and Shades for several rooms

Category window treatments

I really would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review!!! I know you are very busy. If there is anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to call!! Thanks again, Harry Josel Blind Co.Inc. 248-320-6883

03/10/2020

nancy P.

Harry, owner of Josel Blinds, is the best consultant and installer of custom blinds. Harry helped me with selection, and helpful input on quality of the products, and what would work best for our home. When I had trouble taking down a blind to repaint a room, Harry stopped by to help me, one day after I called! Harry returns all calls promptly, usually the same day! I highly recommend Harry and Josel blinds. There simply is no one better in the business!!!!!!

Description of Work
honeycomb shades

11/12/2019

Ravi J.

He had my order in hand but asked for extra money to come 4 days early to install. We had party at home so I paid some extra to get the material install sooner. He did not have curtains that we ordered and he said he will come later to install. I made full payment. It has been one year and still the order is not complete. We had multiple calls and messages through Angie’s list without any success and the whole experience is frustrating. I will stay away from this company at all cost.

Description of Work
Window blinds and curtains

Category window treatments

That is not true. I never asked for extra money to come early and I don't even know why he would say something like that . I have his side panels that I threw in for free!!! H e can get them any timr he wants. Just. call me and I will put them up. You say that you confirm all issues and reviews. That is not true because I was never contacted by any one from Angie's list and the Agent I did talk to was nothing but rude and Arrogant!!!!!!!

10/19/2018

Christopher H.

We had an issue with one of the blinds and he was able to change the blind for no extra charge.

Description of Work
We moved into a new house and put in blinds through the home.

Category window treatments

I will call you on Monday and we’ll figure out a good time for you for me to come out and take a look at the blind. If there is a problem will fix it or replace it. No problem Harry

08/31/2018

Elaine B.

I have been very satisfied. The material we chose for the Roman shades is high quality and very classy. The initial install went well. Recently had a problem with one panel where it wouldn't push back up into position. I called Harry and explained the problem. He got the shade, had it repaired, and came over to install it. He's been responsive and pleasant to work with. I recommend Josel Blind company.

Description of Work
New window treatment for front room.

07/07/2018

ROBERT C.

Had cellular shades installed on most windows in the house 14 of them and had vertical blinds installed on 2 large windows and door walls. Everything went well. Harry brought samples to my house to select the colors, types, etc. Explained everything in detail. Made appointments on time and installation was on time also.

Description of Work
blinds and shades

07/06/2018

Karen C.

Harry showed us the different products available to us and explained the pro's and con's of each. After deciding on vertical blinds. Harry was patient and helpful in selecting our verticals that would look best in our home. Thank you.

Description of Work
We needed window treatment for our 12 foot door wall.

06/20/2018

mattie S.

i had some blind install several month ago the blind on the door broke and i call them to come to repair them. josel blind said he will come on friday he never show up or call.I call again he said he was busy never gave me a date of time that he will be able to come out.I found this person on angie lists i guess angie list dont check out business on their site. I am very disappointed with this company.

Description of Work
blind installation

Category window treatments

I have tried calling to fix your blind and you won’t answer the phone and you don’t answer. Then you write another negative review. I don’t understand what it is you want me to do but if it’s fixed your blind I’m more than willing, but you have to answer your phone first I came over and u admitted that you were happy with everything else I had done in your house and that the little blind by the door flew out when you opened the door and I had asked you if I could put on hold owns on the blind and you didn’t want me too I offered to sell you a new one and you said you would get back to me and also you were going to remove the f because I don’t do that kind of work. I wish you would call me and we can take care of it.

05/21/2018

Andrew H.

Harry was punctual, professional, and friendly. His products are good quality and were installed exactly as stated. Would definitely hire again and recommend.

Description of Work
Bedroom blinds installed

04/13/2018

Robert C.

This is the second time we used this company. Harry the owner is professional and knowledgeable.We had a new doorwall installed and also wanted to replace our vertical blinds. Everything was done to our satisfaction in a timely manner. We are very pleased with his workmanship.

Description of Work
Installed New Vertical Blinds

10/26/2017

Joe S.

very well; he gave me his pitch and guided me as to what to do. His price was so reasonable that I increased my original thought of doing two windows in the living room to also doing 4 bedroom windows. And, I am very happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
Install blinds on six windows.

10/09/2017

ROBERT C.

Very good. Punctual, brought samples, answers all my questions. Install was quick and thorough. Product works as expected with lifetime warranty.

Description of Work
Cellular shade for most of the house, 14 shades

08/17/2017

Michael L.

Everything went very smoothly. Harry came out, measured and offered suggestions. I placed my order and three weeks later, he and an assistant came and installed my new blinds. Harry made sure everytting was secured before he left 9 The blinds look great. I'm very satisfied

Description of Work
remove and replace blinds in front window

08/09/2017

Sheyna W.

Great! After explaining that they no longer made this type of curtain rod, he spent a lot of time and was able to repair it. We were prepared to purchase 2 new matching rods, but he took the time to work on the rod and it works great now. We would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Our picture window curtain rod stopped working.

07/17/2017

Gail H.

The shades look great. Very nice job and perfect fit. Harry and crew did a great job!!

Description of Work
Got new cellular shades for kitchen and master bedroom.

07/10/2017

Shirley F.

Went well. One glitch was taken care of quickly and professionally. 1400

Description of Work
New shades were installed.

Category window treatments

Hi [Member Name Removed], We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review!! We do put 100% into making sure that our clients are happy !!! If there is anything we can do for you in the future please don't hesitate to call. Thanks again, Harry Josel Blind Co.Inc. 248-320-6883

3 D Plus Installations Inc.

Your one-stop shop for all your window treatment needs. From blinds to shades to sheers to shutters, we offer it all including premium brands like Hunter-Douglas. And with over 40 years of installation experience we can confidently say that we can correctly install your window treatments over any window (even if your windows are 50ft off the ground). So whether you've recently moved, are planning on moving, or just want to update the look of your home, we can help. Contact us today to schedule a FREE IN-HOME CONSULTATION call 248-346-0837 or email g41255@gmail.com. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service!

Wallside Windows Inc

Family owned and operated since 1944, Wallside sells directly to the homeowner, manufacturing and installing its own products. With a factory/showroom located in Taylor, Mich., the vinyl window manufacturer services two thirds of the lower peninsula of Michigan and northwest portions of Ohio.

Peaks Construction

Peaks Construction is a fully licensed and insured company with over 20 years experience in the industry. Our company offers roofing, siding, windows, gutters, deck and garage builds, as well as interior remodels including kitchens and bathrooms. Peaks Construction has several crews at our disposal. We care about our employees and most importantly, we care about our customers. We guarantee high-quality construction for each and every project. Our contractors are experienced in a broad range of skills, and offer intelligent solutions to your building needs. Give us a call today!

Offers by Peaks Construction on Angi

General Remodeling
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Residential & Commercial Window Treatments, Plantation Shutters, Custom Draperies, Drapery Hardware, Skylight & Arched Window Treatments, Blinds, & Shades.

WE DO NOT RESTRING BLINDS; REPAIR EXISTING BLINDS; INSTALLATION OF PREPURCHASED BLINDS