You want to keep your family safe, so you may wonder how to tell if your home has asbestos. Since asbestos is invisible to the naked eye, you can look for signs of the material, but you should hire a professional to confirm the presence of asbestos.
Get matched with top asbestos removal services in Old Orchard Beach, ME
There are 3 highly-rated local asbestos removal services.
Recent Asbestos Removal Reviews in Old Orchard Beach
- Safe Environmental SolutionsMy contact with co-owner Chris was superb. There were several glitches with the removal and installation which were immediately addressed and corrected to my satisfaction. I would not hesitate to hire this company again for their timeliness, responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Safe Environmental SolutionsWe needed to have this job completed in a timely way since it is a condition of the sale of the house. We contacted the company about a week and a half before the job was done. Initially their schedule would have allowed the work be done in about 3 weeks. However, just a week later they had a cancellation and were able to complete the job sooner. It took the a day and a half to prepare the house with all the needed protections for the workers and our property and the complete the job and clean up afterward. The protective set up was completed without damage to our house, this is a consideration since a complete enclosure was built in the kitchen to allow access to the basement while keeping any contamination enclosed. When the work was done the house was in the same condition as when the work began. No scraps, no mess, clean and neat. Each time we met with staff from the company they were on time, courteous, and answered all of our questions completely in ways we understood. The staff member that we dealt with on the phone to make arrangements and address questions was consummately professional and pleasant. When she was not available one of the two owners answered calls and was, like wise, helpful and professional. Paper work confirming the completion of the work was in our hands within days. A complete explanation of the rest of the process, encasement of debris, delivery of this material at a storage site and the necessary paper work that will remain at the house was thorough and well explained read less
- Bios IncIt took them about 18 hours to finish the job. They were very considerate of our plumber and moved out of his way when he needed them too. I would recommend them.
- Bios IncThey were one of the fastest bidders and had the most reasonable price. I chose them because I had some glowing references for the company. The experience couldn't have been better. They came on time every day, just as they said. Their workers even worked in the cold rain for some of the days. They cleaned up well and were careful with underlying siding. They even offered to put plastic over some of the exposed areas that appeared when the asbestos tiles were removed. Great job read less
- Safe Environmental SolutionsI used Safe Environmental Solutions for the removal of the asbestos on the heating pipes in my home in South Portland prior to listing it for sale. This was a two day job in a 1920's home. In addition to the difficulty of working in an older home, low ceiling with many opportunities to bump your head, they had to work around 20 years of storing collected items in the basement. They had no problem moving the larger items which, as a single homeowner, was a big help for me. When the job was completed everything was returned to its original place. The staff was very professional, arrived on time and completed the job as promised. All this and a great price too. One of my best experiences with a contractor read less
Asbestos Removal Services in Old Orchard Beach
- Business Description:Has your home or business been damaged by a fire? Octagon Cleaning and Restoration is your Maine source for all of your fire damage recovery needs. We offer water extraction (water removal), fire and smoke restoration, water damage restoration, water damage cleanup, and fire smoke damage restoration, as well as carpet cleaning services and commercial carpet cleaning. Our services don't stop there! Are you in need of black mold removal or air duct cleaning? We have you covered! Our superior ai.. read lessRecent Review:Job started a day later than scheduled due to their equipment being down. Job was originally scheduled for 5-7 days. Job actually took 2 weeks and salesman called into the third week saying the job was done. We have never had mold remediation done before and was selling our house. The explanation of how the job would go was vague at best. This is not a process we are familiar with having never been through it before. In the estimate there was a blanket statement of “any construction materials removed will not be replaced” (once again we were never explained anything about this process in regards to things being removed). Upon the job being completed the buyer noticed there was no mention of insulation replacement. We were 2 days from closing and had to hire someone to replace the insulation. The handyman hired to replace the insulation noticed other items had been removed by octagon. We were not left a list of items removed from the residence. I was just told by Matt Brown that “that’s why I gave you a referral of a weatherization company” for 8300$ one would think you might get a verbal explanation of items needing replacement or at least an itemized list. Hope we don’t need to go through this again because as Octagon will not be contacted again read lessJim D.
- Business Description:Hazelwood Handyman is a full service handyman, remodeling and property management company. We will do anything from changing a lightbulb to large additions and remodels.Recent Review:Hazelwood Handyman was amazing. They were on time, did a great job and came in at the estimated price. One thin guy moved a frig that weighs at least 800 pds- it took 4 movers to put it in place when installed. I was amazed! Highly recommended read lessCharles M.
- Business Description:Independent asbestos inspector licensed in NH, MA and ME. 23 years in construction/demolition industry. Unbiased approach and wide based knowledge of building infrastructure thanks to working in family demolition company. Fair, honest and competitively priced sets us apart from others. read lessRecent Review:They showed up got the job done very quickly. I would use them again they were awesome!Peter Q.
- Business Description:ProClaim is one of the fastest growing public insurance adjusting firms in the nation because of our excellence in producing positive results for our clients. We operate differently than other public adjusting firms. Simply put, we only get paid if we can assist you in obtaining more money than your insurance company initially offered on your claim. It is our belief that this philosophy allows us to prove our value to you, the insured. ProClaim is licensed and bonded through the Department of.. read lessRecent Review:They settled with Erie Ins. Co. without notifying me, received and deposited the checks and kept all the money and ran. I found out (after the fact) and after it was too late to appeal or arbitrate through the Commonwealth of Virginia. This company is a con game...Angie's List should drop them like the stinking thieves they are.. read lessRonald T.
- Business Description:Clarke Painting and Property management is a local, down to earth, conscientious, painting and real estate management company. The Clarke team takes pride in our prompt and reliable service. Our service area includes Southern Maine and Southern New Hampshire. Please take a moment to look through our websites. www.clarkepaint.com www.southernmainerents.com www.clarkepropertymanagement.com In addition to our painting and carpentry services we offer full property management services. We Oversee .. read lessRecent Review:I had a horrendous paint job done by a local hack who did super on interior but did not know what he was doing when he said he can do exterior, too. It failed in 6 months. So I waited almost five years to write this review to see how it would hold up. So far so great! They did an excellent job of prep which in my case was scraping down to bare cedar clapboards and even indulged my anxiety and primed the 50 year old galvanized nail heads which also got scraped of course. They got me in touch with a contractor who did some wood repair quickly (although I have not had as much luck getting them back to do other stuff, guess Clarke had the magic touch there). Joe did most of the work back then on my house and he was excellent. He stayed on it till it was done, no disappearing acts. I recommended Clarke to a neighbor for interior work and they liked them too read lessBrewster L.
- Business Description:For over twenty years, BIOS Environments has been helping homeowners and businesses throughout New England improve the comfort and safety of their indoor space. We offer cost-conscious options that work with your budget and improve quality of life read lessRecent Review:Brian was great! He really took the time to understand our needs and our budget and worked with us to get the job done quickly and efficiently. My wife and I just purchased an older home and after pulling out the 30 yr old carpeting we discovered asbestos tiles on the entire lower level and the basement of our home. Due to the location of the tile we were unable to move into the home until it had been removed. This all occurred the week prior to Christmas and to make matters more complicated, we had to be out of our current apartment in early January. Given the holiday and 10 day waiting period that is customary for this work, other companies informed us that they would not be able to get the work done until the 2nd week of January which would have effectively forced us to try to get an extra month extension on our lease (which wasn't likely) or live in a hotel for a week or two and put all of our stuff in storage. Neither of these options were ideal or costs effective. Brian was able to work directly with the Colorado Dept of Public Health to get us a waiver on the 10 day waiting period and was able to complete the work the same week, which left us with ample to time arrange our move. Without Brian's dedication, personal touch and empathy for our situation, we would have been in a really bad situation read lessMim E.
- Business Description:Safe Environmental Solutions staff has more than 40 years of experience providing safety and health services. We offer: ASBESTOS, MOLD & IAQ TESTING & REMEDIATION, RADON TESTING & MITIGATION, LEAD ABATEMENT, CONTROLLED DEMOLITION, LEAD PAINT & PCB ABATEMENT. Co-Owner Bruce Hackett, Sr. is our on sight Industrial Hygienist and holds multiple accreditation's in Lead, Mold, Asbestos & PCB's. Bruce is also an EPA approved instructor. Contact the Maine Dept. of Environmental Protection - Lead & As.. read lessRecent Review:My contact with co-owner Chris was superb. There were several glitches with the removal and installation which were immediately addressed and corrected to my satisfaction. I would not hesitate to hire this company again for their timeliness, responsiveness and customer satisfaction read lessNancy B.
- Business Description:Absolute Resource Associates (ARA) helps clients with issues related to environmental contaminants in soil, water, & air such as Mold, Lead, Asbestos, Bacteria, Arsenic, Pesticides, Allergens, 1,4 Dioxane, VOCs, SVOCs, PCBs, Metals etc. ARA has an on site certified environmental testing laboratory and a full service Indoor Air Quality division read lessRecent Review:Jason from ABSOLUTE RESOURCE ASSOC. EXTREMELY COMPETENT KNOWLEDGEABLE COMPASSIONATE PROFESSIONAL. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. WARNING HOME OWNERS INSURANCES DO NOT COVER MOLD DAMAGE.We had furnace fire&discovered MOLD.We bought home 2015,ALL became ill,immune system attacked, my DARTMOUTH allergist told me LEAVE NH, thought environment. However our rescue ANIMALS who loved dark quiet walk out basement ALLERGIES ASTHMA infections ill&died.My husband who NEVER had allergies or asthma till his 60s&his room near basement door instant trigger.We had 2 central ionizers,aurexchanger in basement &12 HEPA filter/UV air cleaners in only 2000sqft.I developed brain mentation changes which was hard BC we are physicians scientists and our intelligence is important. JASON tolerated our NUMEROUS EMAILS and calls. AFTER CLEANWAY SERVICES A+followed orders,UNFORTUNATELY we lost hundreds of thousands of DOLLARS home items still boxed from MI 38yrs of photos portraits etc had2 be discarded. Now month after 3months of mold cleaning my husband said WOW you're memory is sharper than ever,using vocabulary, learning new things like when I was 20s.i strongly believe 5kinds of MOLD did cause my RECURRENT pneumonias(NEVER had in 55yrs till NH)&other mentation inflammation energy . Even our rescue ANIMALS doing BETTER. I do want THANK LIBERTY MUTUAL, Gary Emmerson4 finding ABSOLUTE RESOURCES AND CLEANWAY SERVICES. Although it was DANGEROUS oil FURNACE FIRE that caused SOOT and carbon monoxide poisoning, that then found MOLD crisis COMPLETE DESTRUCTION of memories,collectibles,photos,books etc,LIBERTY MUTUAL did do EXCELLENT job on our situation since MOLD not covered benefit.I HIGHLY RECOMMEND CLEANWAY SERVICES especially Ben&family and ABSOLUTE RESOURCES, JASON &LIBERTY MUTUAL mr.emmerson.My rescue cats SAVED our lives read lessToula G.
- Business Description:Elite Restoration and Remodeling offers a variety of quality services. Such as Mold removal, Water damage, Asbestos testing, Home Remodeling, Air Quality testing and much more! We are highly recommended from our customers for fast response time and professional work. We are locally owner operated, Our staff has over 15+ years experience in Restoration and Remodeling. Call us today for your free quote 207-807-706 read less
- Business Description:Nest Construction has been in business for 10 years ! We have dedicated 27 years to this wonderful business trade . In this time we have learned so much ! I think some of the more important things are how far we've come . Not only Construction companies but homeowners themselves . You the homeowner have gotten smarter which truly makes our job easier . Nest Construction is looking to make all your construction needs and wants come true read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful asbestos removal service articles
Asbestos removal costs an average of $1,900. Most jobs will cost between $1,100 and $2,800.
Air quality testing can pinpoint problems and help identify solutions. A professional indoor air quality tests costs $400 on average.
Find asbestos removal services in
- South Portland
- Cape Elizabeth
- Peaks Island
- Hollis Center
- North Waterboro
- Steep Falls
asbestos removal services in Old Orchard Beach
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Absolute Resource Associates124 Heritage Ave 16
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Absolute Resource Associates
- Bios Inc17 Patrick Dr
- Bios Inc
- Elite Restoration and Remodeling 9 Freeman St
- Elite Restoration and Remodeling
- GMS Inspection Services, LLC15 Chester Rd
Fremont, New Hampshire
- GMS Inspection Services, LLC
- HAZELWOOD HANDYMAN10 GRANITE HEIGHTS RD
- HAZELWOOD HANDYMAN
- Nest Construction18 Marshall Valley Rd
- Nest Construction
- Octagon Cleaning and Restoration353 Roosevelt Trail
- Octagon Cleaning and Restoration
- ProClaim Public Insurance Adjusters3423 Piedmont Rd NE STE 350
- ProClaim Public Insurance Adjusters
- Safe Environmental Solutions346 South Street
- Safe Environmental Solutions