Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Chelmsford, MA
There are 151 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Chelmsford
- Ranch RoofingHaving worked with Ranch Roofing five years ago, I was more than comfortable in having Bob’s team (Todd and Ryan) come back out to finish the rest of the roof work on a large house. The initial job included not just a beautifully installed architecture roof but a skylight, removal of gutters and building out soffits. The most recent job was to complete the roof replacement on the second part of the house, take down the gutters and rehang them (under the roof). Once again, everything was quick and very clean. Ranch Roofing worked the schedule and coordinated to allow the siding team (O’Sullivans) to finish and then come back to complete the gutter work. Bob doesn’t usually do gutters but since the job required rehanging UNDER the roof, he insisted that the quality was up to his expectation and had it done by his team. The only mishap was a young tree damaged during the work but Ryan brought it to my attention immediately and offered to replace. I guess I should also thank Mr. O’Sullivan Sr for teaching his sons (Bob and Tim) on the skills and pride of their work. A nod to Todd for always being available for questions
- MA Design & Construction CoMA Design & Construction is a great company with great people. They take care of their customers and work **** ** their projects to deliver the best results. Marc’s team started working on our house right before the pandemic. The team continued working while maintaining all safety measures, and he kept us updated on the progress with daily calls and messages. Raquel worked on the design, doing research and coming up with multiple options for every design choice, all with a smile and a genuine desire to come up with the best possible look for the house. We could not be happier with the final result and truly recommend that you hire them too
- Len Gibely Contracting2020 Recommendation for Len Gibely Contracting Dear Brian Dobbins and Crew, I got more than what I paid for with Len Gibely Contracting! I engaged Gibely in October of 2020 to replace my roof, gutters, siding and more. In a world where everyone makes you feel like a number, Gibely clearly gave you a family atmosphere on the job site. Two words,...they cared! Brian Dobbins (owner), Jeff Northcott (general manager) and Deb Dwinnell (office manager) were a pleasure to deal with. They were easy to reach, and they were willing to adjust for certain changes we had asked for. Brian's experience helped us decide on the roof color (and quality) and gave us valuable suggestions regarding the siding. Never did I expect siding to look this nice, and this real (like wood). The crew was always on-time, polite, clean and most of all, professional throughout the job. It seemed like they never stopped working. They were on the job site early and left as late as possible. No one was hanging around, everybody was working and doing their part. My yard and driveway were cleaned daily. Myles was extremely neat. Craftsmen to detail, and no hidden costs or secrets. Our Job was finished on schedule, and they were able to accommodate a time frame that I thought was not going to happen. The aftermath of COVID-19 in 2020 left many of the surrounding warehouses with little to no stock available for projects. Len Gibley Contractors worked very hard to acquire the products needed. Calls began to be made and slowly but surely everything needed to complete the job began to arrive! This is why Len Gibely Contracting gets the great reviews, they care. Nothing but courtesy and an open ear to make the customer happy. I am glad I found them. Most comfortable renovations I've completed in years because I was able to sit back and realize why I trusted this company to do what they do. The Certainteed products are extremely nice. Nothing but compliments on the work. Many people still think we used wood siding again. This is what we used: • Landmark PRO roofing shingles Moire black • Certainteed Cedar Impressions Double 7” vinyl Charcoal • New seamless white gutters and downspouts • White PVC trim, fascia boards, rakes and windows • Roof vents • And they rebuilt my chimney cricket & did more My house (and my shed) look awesome! Len Gibely, you are more than welcome to use my house for display if you would like. We HIGHLY recommend Len Gibely Contracting. We also wanted to thank everyone who worked here on the site and created a better looking home. We love the house. Nice job! Guarino Family Reading, M
- Couto Construction IncVicmanuel and Zaqueu Costa were punctual, professional and informative. This is my second experience with Couto Construction. My roof was replaced and I’m also having a door replaced. I can’t say enough good things about this company!!!
- Color Matters Painting, Inc.This was an excellent experience. They started work within a week of booking them. They power-washed, scraped, sanded, primed and painted the house and trim. They also painted the downspouts, and we added the task of painting the foundation as well. They also replaced a few rotted boards. The whole team was very professional, but we would like to especially thank Sandro, Vander and Willian for working with us, helping us choose a trim color and keeping us informed every step of the way. We hope to use them next year to do some interior work
- AW Puma Construction & Remodeling LLCWe found this company on a local community page while we were soliciting bids for our project. They answered the phone right away and came out within a couple of days to look at our projects. One of the main reasons we hired them was because they were a local company and had a good reputation. We are glad we selected them though. One of our biggest concerns was cleanliness as we are both very allergic to dust. They did an excellent job cleaning at the end of the day and keeping things clean throughout the day. Beautiful job inside and out. I look forward to working with them again
- Norman BuildersRyan and crew were awesome... professional, punctual, excellent workmanship, very fair price. Ryan and Warely did exactly what they said, exactly when they said it would be done. Excellent communications throughout the entire process. Will not hesitate to use Norman Construction again - and very happy to provide high recommendation! Norman Construction built two small-ish additions to our home (at the same time!) - the crew was able to perform some very detailed demo immediately adjacent to our living space to get the work completed .... with zero interruptions or issues to our living space
- Ranch RoofingExcellent work. Estimate was accurate. Crew was very professional. Dumpster arrived before crew. Job started about 9AM and was finished about 1PM. My yard was left cleaner than before. Roof looks great! And no more gutter cleaning!
- Royal ContractingBeautiful design, well-constructed and professional installation in a timely manner. We are very pleased with our new deck.
- Bedford Builders RemodelingBob and his guys did a fantastic job! Not only was the finished bathroom done perfectly but the experience during construction was as smooth and professional as possible. Bob checked in with me throughout the process to make sure no detail was left undone.
Contractors in Chelmsford
- Business Description:Color Matters Painting is a fully insured company including painters that have more than 10 years of experience. When you're looking for 'awesome', you can count on us. You are guaranteed professional, reliable, and honest painters. We have one mission- to beautify your home and exceed your expectationsRecent Review:Wilian and the crew did a wonderful job painting our new fence and cedar siding. It looks amazing! We will definitely call them again for future work.Anna K.
- Business Description:M.S Carpentry & Painting Inc. has been working hard to continuously satisfy our customers. We are devoted to providing each and every one of customers with the very best results. We want our clients to be satisfied and so happy they recommend us with their friends and families. Call us for a free estimate todayRecent Review:This work was far beyond our expectations. Moses is incredibly talented, a real perfectionist with a great business sense, and a man who lives up to his commitments. Always right on time, fair prices, and a great crew who works for him The clean-up was excellent. I would recommend him to everyone I know and we would definitely hire him againLarry R.
- Business Description:Thank you for your interest in Phalan Construction! Winner of the Angies List Super Service award 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 2016. Please Contact Me by email at Info@phalanconstruction.com or through the contact link at my website www.phalanconstruction.com. Include pictures and a detailed work list for best response. Please understand, I typically work by myself and if I am unable to respond to your email request or phone call within a reasonable time, it is due to prescheduled work. I am inte..Recent Review:Bob is a very careful and efficient worker. We reviewed what needed to be accomplished upon his arrival, and then he got to it! He checked in periodically to be certain progress was going in the manner I requested. He offered suggestions; and was thoughtful in h s approach to his work. He was respectful of me and my home. Give him a try, you won't be disappointedKathleen D.
- Business Description:COMPLETE woodworking services. Structural repairs to all types of damaged wood furniture items. Stripping and refinishing of wood surfaces. Painting and gold-leafing. Caning and rushing on chairs. Reupholstery. FURNITURE REPAIR PRICE ESTIMATES: $0 if client brings item to our workshop Drop-offs: 10 to 4 (Mon thru Fri) by appointment $100: for on-site house visit within 30 minutes commute time from Brookline workshop). NOTE: On-site house visit fee is deducted from bill if ..Recent Review:Restorers Without Borders did beautiful, high quality work on our dining table and chairs. A fresh finish and new upholstery makes such a difference! I would recommend this premium service for special pieces of furniture that are worth an investment in quality craftsmanship.Amanda H.
- Business Description:Sustainably-conscious construction services for new construction, renovation and remodeling projects. We use eco-friendly, healthy products and construction methods.
- Business Description:TKG Services,LLC is a Full Service (Frame to Finish) Contractor providing a full compliment of Construction, Remodeling & Repair services to residential and commercial customers. TKG Services is owner/operated, fully licensed (CSL-Unrestricted /Registered HIC ), fully insured, experienced and knowledgeable in our trades, we pride ourselves in being true professionals, always ensuring that all of our customers expectations are met or exceeded. I encourage you to take a few minutes and read the..Recent Review:The service went well and went according to the plan. They were very professional, great communications which is very important in construction job. They were very clear and open with what's going on. Everything was goodTyler P.
- Business Description:Building A House or Remodeling Practical Designs That are Cost Affective Our team of specialists in construction who are fully responsible providing unsurpassed quality cost is determined by the job. cost plus. free consultations
- Business Description:2 employees. Uses subs for labor. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fee. Extra charge for after-hours service.Recent Review:Julio was great to work with! He was professional, on time and communicated very well throughout the project. He was also very accommodating and willing to fix a couple of random things in the house. I will definitely work with him againJuliana S.
- Business Description:We will do everything in our power to justify the trust you put in our firm.Recent Review:First Choice Construction LLC did our porch and siding in October. Very happy with the work, price and the company/crew overall. He did my neighbor’s home a few years ago, which also helped in our decision to hire him. Got several quotes and Chad (owner) was the most professional and personable. Before and after photos attachedAdelle D.
- Business Description:When You Hire Skillville Corp, You Get Experience, Knowledge, Quality and Commitment!! We believe that a quality job begins with quality people, so we employ only highly trained full-time tradesmen. Our team strives to provide the highest quality work along with professional, reliable services. We take pride in making customers exceptionally pleased on each and every job. We perform exterior work such as roofing, siding, painting, windows and doors. We perform interior work such as bathroom a..Recent Review:Skillville did an amazing job on our bathroom remodel. Bruce provided clear information about the quote, what could potentially impact that quote as we moved forward, the timelines that we expected to follow, etc. Covid19 created a challenge because just as we were about to start, everything shut down. Bruce checked in with me every 1-2 weeks to let me know what was going on and when they expected to be able to start. Everything was delayed for about 6 weeks (completely understandable, given the circumstances). When we did start, he was clear about what his subcontractors would be doing as part of safety coming into my home. Every person vigiliantly wore a mask, wiped down surfaces with disinfectants wipes that they brought with them, communicated with me via text to reduce needing to be face to face, etc. I felt that they really cared about my health and safety, as well as themselves. Bruce laid out everything that we would need to shop for and provide ourselves, emailing me details like measurements, etc, so that we could pick out items like a tiles, vanity, mirror, toilet, and other pieces of bathroom fixtures. If I was unsure of any items, he was patient with my questions and made sure I was on the same page with what I needed to have on site for the upcoming steps. The project came in right at the quoted amount and within the projected timeline. Considering all of the added challenges, I couldn't be happier with the results. The bathroom looks great and I'm already thinking about what project to have Skillville come back for nextCelia C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- North Chelmsford
- North Billerica
general contractors in Chelmsford
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A J Wood Construction Inc337 Haverhill Rd 337 Haverhill Rd.
Chester, New Hampshire
- A Mark of Perfection45 Dexter Street
Nashua, New Hampshire
- A&A Construction LLC7 Fulton St
Hudson, New Hampshire
- A.D. Builders300 brickstone square 201
- AAA GENERAL CONTRACTING INCPO Box 615
East Hampstead, New Hampshire
- ABA General Contractors91 Everit Ave
- abc company inc841 Worcester St
- ABCO ROOFING and Construction10 Meghann Lane
- ABR remodeling Inc5 fernwood dr unit d
- Abrantes Building Company55 Harding St
- Absolute Home Comfort151 Veterans Rd.
- Acadian Handyman Services, LLCP.O. Box 543
- Accent Painting Inc.45 Tucker Ave
- Ace Home Medics143 Main Street
North Reading, Massachusetts
- ACH Construction IncPO Box 521
- ACS Group, Inc27 Carter St
- ACT ServicesPO Box 77
- action siding & remolding3 pinewood rd
- Acton Woodworks, Inc.2 School Street
- Adaptations Unlimited25 Fox Run Rd
Newington, New Hampshire
- Add-It-Now Dormer Co45 Garden St
West Newbury, Massachusetts
- Adone Tile & Bath 52 Grove St
- Ads On Wheels, Inc.10 Cotton Rd
Nashua, New Hampshire
- Advanced Gutter Systems Inc50 Tyler Drive
- Advanced Restorations370 county rd
- Affordable Precision2 Bradford street
- AFK PAINTING347 W MAIN ST
- AFM Carpentry corp.668 Robbins ave #13
- AG - Remodeling & Construction28 Suffield St. #2
- Against The Grain898 Waverly St
- AJ Construction CompanyPO Box 541
West Wareham, Massachusetts
- Alaa 76 Broadway
- Albion Painting52 Lime St
- Alcantara Contractor407R Mystic Ave Unit 36A
- Aldrich Roofing And Carpentry66 Vernon St
- All American Builders LLC28 Essex Road
Bedford, New Hampshire
- All Day Construction Services192 Kennedy Dr 213
- All in one home improvement contractor85 neponset ave
- All Out Deleading9 Shenandoah St
- All Smart Construction LLC4 Lewis St.
Nashua, New Hampshire
- All Under One Roof30 Temple Dr
- All-Phase Painting LLC38 Upland Rd
- Allbello Carpentry7 Sheffield St.
- Allied Realty Services329 Concord Avenue
- ALLPRO Handyman Service & Home Improvement60 Annafran St
- allproqualitypainting103 Taralli Ter apt b
- Alp Wood Refinishing and Cabinetry185 W Main St 01568
- ALPHA PRO PAINTING AND CARPENTRY33 Whitman St
- alpha services inc39 webster st
- Alpine Environmental Inc275 Billerica Rd Suite 2B
- ALTA CONSTRUCTION329 Summit AV 16
- ALVAN'S PAINTING186 POWELL ST
- Am Installation Inc185 Squire Rd # 6
- AM&GM Contracting25 Rimmon St.
Manchester, New Hampshire
- AMBIENCE CONSTRUCTION75 COLUMBIA ST
- American Building Technologies263 WESTERN AVE
- American Discount Roofing & Siding2 Second St
- american fence deck & landscape inc72 four winds drive
- American Property Solutions134 Salem St
- Ames & Young Inc661 S Main St Ste 4
- AMR Construction & Remodeling50 school st 2
- AMR CONSTRUCTION&REMODELING INC.50 school st apt b
- Amsan Construction & RemodelingPOBox 945
- amx construction271 Edmands road
- Andreo Painting Co79 Johnson St
- Andrew Stevens CoPO Box 903
- Andy Welch10 Woodbine Street
- Angelo Busa Carpentry3 Ridgewood Ln
- Ansara Construction86 Meadowbrook Rd
North Chelmsford, Massachusetts
- Anthony's Hardwood Floors85 Marshall St
- Antoniel Painting & Finish1000 Governors Dr
- ANY SEASON PAINTINGPO Box 1802
Hampton, New Hampshire
- Arcaya remodeling35 Harvard St
- ARCH PAINTINGOne Presidential Way Suite 109
- Arctic Systems233 Sandy Hil Dr
- Ardizzoni Home Improvements58 Malvern Street
- ARLINGTON ROOFING & CARPENTRYPO BOX 1078
- Arone Exteriors18 Mt. Vernon Dr.
Pelham, New Hampshire
- Arsenault & Son's Contracting5 Thunderbridge Lane
- ARTHUR O'SHEA156 LIBERTY ST
- Artistic ExteriorsPO Box 333
Brookline, New Hampshire
- Ashwood Construction & Remodeling19 Stafford Road
- Associated Framing Contractors IncPO Box 1536
- Associated Tradesmen62 Pawtucket Drive
- At Your Service Painting & Remodeling78 fuller st
- ATLANTIC POWER & DESIGNPO Box 164
North Salem, New Hampshire
- AUDETTE AND SONS HOME IMPROVEMENTS47 Homestead Rd
- Ayotte Home Improvements8 Emerson Rd
Nashua, New Hampshire
- A J Wood Construction Inc
- B G Construction175 Metcalf St
- B&A Construction LLC341 SIlver Lake Rd
Hollis, New Hampshire
- B&B Handyman and Cleaning Services350 highland ave #32
- B&B Unique Remodeling45 Fairlane Road
- B.C. Building Company98 North Street
- BAJ Construction Corp2 Rhodes Pl
- Barra Building99 Bigelow St
- B G Construction