Phalan Construction & The Handyman

Founded 1988 • With Angi since November 2004

Thank you for your interest in Phalan Construction! Winner of the Angies List Super Service award 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 2016. Please Contact Me by email at Info@phalanconstruction.com or through the contact link at my website www.phalanconstruction.com. Include pictures and a detailed work list for best response. Please understand, I typically work by myself and if I am unable to respond to your email request or phone call within a reasonable time, it is due to prescheduled work. I am interested in your project, and if your to do list is still undone, please re-contact me at a later time. Thanks again, Bob Phalan...

A Service Provider's profile image

+36 more images

handyman (222)woodworking (61)door installation (48)general contractors (43)window replacement (33)roofing (26)decks & porches (24)siding companies (23)interior painting (22)house painting (21)electrician (17)roof snow removal (15)

07/19/2022

samantha G.

Bob is great to work with. I really appreciate his attention to detail and communication. He is very communicative about his schedule and when he will arrive and keeps to his commitments. I plan on contacting him again when more jobs are needed!

Description of Work
Cabinet shelf repair / install, lazy susan install in cabinet, remove shelves from closet, repair rotted exterior wood

Category custom cabinets, handyman service, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 07/19/2022

05/02/2022

Nancy C.

I hired Bob to do repairs and renovation of a condo rental unit. He renovated the bathroom with new tiles, replacing bathroom rotten wood frame window with a vinyl frame, installing new light fixtures and repairing bathroom plumbing, repairing torn screens, as well as repainting interior walls and trim throughout the unit and installing new shades throughout. He also plastered water-damaged ceilings and cleaned and organized the basement storage area. On the exterior he replaced a rotted window frame and missing clapboards, then patched and painted the wall. Bob arrived early each day and worked diligently. Bob is a great problem solver and works with you to suggest ways to do repairs for the best outcome while keeping costs down. His work is high quality. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
repairs and renovation of condo rental unit

Category ceramic tile, electrician, handyman service, plastering, screen repair, siding, replacement windows, home & garage organization, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/21/2022

04/29/2022

Michael F.

Bob was professional and quick to respond. He was able to complete the work within two weeks of my initial outreach. I had a list of small projects uncovered during my home inspection, so I was looking for one person to complete a variety of functions. Bob works for an hourly rate, and he worked quickly and efficiently. Bob completed the agreed-upon tasks within his two day estimate. He was great at explaining his intended approach and providing various options (and associated costs) to accomplish the tasks. I am planning to work with Bob again as my project list continues to grow. Foundation Flashing, Bulkhead Sealing, Roof Flashing, Outdoor Deck Stair Repair, Foundation Crack Sealing, Plumbing Valve/Connection Replacement

Description of Work

Category concrete repair, decks, handyman service, plumbing, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/11/2022

04/27/2022

Neil W.

Bob did a great job removing an old and installing a new storm door. He worked quickly, was meticulous and paid attention to every detail. We were very happy with the result, and he was very pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
Storm door installation

Work Completed On 04/26/2022

04/26/2022

Kevin L.

Bob did a very thorough and high-quality job finding and replacing a bunch of rotting trim on the exterior of my house, mostly window trim. He also replaced one exterior door. He was very friendly and knowledgeable, with great communication before arrival each day and throughout the project. You can tell he has a lot of experience with all kinds of jobs. I loved his attention to detail and would definitely hire him again for my future projects. I highly recommend Bob!

Description of Work
Find and replace rotting exterior trim

Category handyman service, siding, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 04/08/2022

02/02/2022

Pauline H.

We used Bob’s handyman services for the first time last week. We chose him based on his glowing Angi reviews, and they did not exaggerate. He responded very quickly to my original request for information regarding his availability and fee. We had a few communications back and forth before scheduling a date. He arrived on time, set up a folding table with his tools, and went to work. We gave him a list of small jobs that had grown over the years. They included caulking around the kitchen counter and bath tub, fixing a fallen shelf, replacing hinges on a door, installing new smoke detectors and a door lock, and fixing a wonky storm door. He even replaced light bulbs in some hard-to-reach ceiling light fixtures. Though most of the projects were relatively small, he was meticulous in doing them and cleaning up after himself. And in talking to him about other projects he’s done, I have every confidence in using him for larger projects, which we intend to do. He was very professional, courteous, and I learned quite a bit just from talking with him. We are so happy to finally have these projects done and we already have a list for “round 2.”

Description of Work
Caulking, install lock, fix shelving and door, and more

Work Completed On 01/25/2022

01/30/2022

Kathleen O.

Excellent. Bob study's the task and always comes back with great ideas and solutions.

Description of Work
Door adjustment/insulate, specialty curved/flex crown moulding, install light fixtures, sound-proof vent, Adapt and bring up to code a stairway railing; adjust and repair windows.

Category handyman service, pressure washing, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 01/30/2022

01/18/2022

Rosemary E.

Projects were completed in a timely manner at a very reasonable price. We have asked him to install shelves, paint, replaced exterior lamps and interior outlets, along with many other home repairs. Anyhting we have asked him to fix, he has been able to help us. He also offers his professional opinion on prioritizing projects and cost-effective solutions. He is reliable, nice, professional, and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Several interior and exterior home repairs

Category ceramic tile, electrician, handyman service, house painters

Work Completed On 12/09/2021

01/10/2022

William K.

I recently had an old deck removed and replaced with a stone patio. The portion of my house where the deck previously contacted my house needed replacement shingles. Despite rainy weather conditions the day of the job, Bob was able to get the job done. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Siding Repair

Category handyman service, siding

12/30/2021

Doreen N.

Great job all around and excellent experience! Bob does fantastic work and is consistently dependable in every way. We know when we give him a list that the job will be completed at a high level of detail and in a timely fashion. Bob is always my go-to for any work I need - he can do it all. We highly recommend his handyman and construction services.

Description of Work
carpet removal, flooring, patching, interior trim, furniture assembly,

Category custom cabinets, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 12/30/2021

12/29/2021

Nancy C.

I hired Bob Phalan for repairs and renovation of a rental unit in Dorchester that had wear and tear from multiple tenants. Bob worked on replacing exterior clapboards, renovating the bathroom with new tiles, replacing bathroom rotten wood frame window with a vinyl frame, installing new light fixtures and repairing bathroom plumbing, repairing torn screens, as well as repainting all walls and trim throughout the unit. He also plastered damaged ceilings and cleaned and organized the basement storage area. Bob arrived early each day and worked diligently. Bob is a good problem solver and can suggest ways to do repairs for the best outcome while keeping costs down. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
painting, tile work, patching, plumbing repair, doors, shades, reorganizing, cleaning, other repairs

Category ceramic tile, electrician, handyman service, plastering, plumbing, screen repair, siding, home & garage organization, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/29/2021

Shawn C.

Bob inspected the window frames and provided a few solutions I hadn’t considered. Same for interior doors no longer hanging properly. Although I typically prefer paying by the job instead of by the hour, Bob was quite focused on his work and use of time. I will be asking him to return in the spring to complete a few additional repairs and install a storm door.

Description of Work
window rot repair, interior doors repairs

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 01/18/2022

Beth C.

Bob did a great job with repairs that were required by our homeowners insurance policy. Everything came out perfectly, and Bob was prompt and professional.

Description of Work
walkway repair, gate repair

Category concrete repair, handyman service

Work Completed On 12/29/2021

charles L.

Great. He's my "go to guy", whenever I need something fixed and I'm not able, or too scared to do it myself.

Description of Work
skylight leak, woodpecker damage, other repair

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, roof snow removal, woodworking, house painters, foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/25/2022

Matt M.

Bob was great to work with. He diagnosed the problem with a loose deck stair and rail and provided two solutions, a more expensive and less expensive one. He completed the work in a day. He also fixed a broken kitchen drawer slide.

Description of Work
drawer repair, exterior stair repair,

Work Completed On 01/11/2022

Lynn and Eric C.

We can’t say enough good things about Bob Phalen. He was timely in responding to inquiries and very honest and thorough in appraising our home repairs . His work is exceptional and his pricing very reasonable . He will be our go to person from now on .

Description of Work
Interior repairs, laundry, living room, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, outside repairs

Category handyman service, plastering, remodeling, siding, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/28/2021

Andrew R.

He installed flush wooden floor grates into my wood floors. Did a great job! Great attention to detail, especially compared to some other people I've hired.

Description of Work
floor grates

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

Review for Phalan Construction & The Handyman - 881 R Waverly St, Framingham, MA - 39635444

Liz A.

Bob did an excellent job on each part of my house that he fixed. I couldn't figure out the reason a window fell down and he made a small adjustment and it worked! Gutters and downspouts are secure now. He also adjusted the windows for air conditioners to fit and drain properly. He could fix anything that I needed to be fixed.

Description of Work
gutters, wood gutter, recaulking tub, window repairs, bathroom fixtures, other repairs

Category gutter repair, handyman service, replacement windows

Work Completed On 05/21/2021

Carolyn C.

We enjoyed working with Bob this time as in the past. He is an efficient and very hard working craftsman. He work is very high quality and he knows what is needed to successfully complete a project.

Description of Work
siding, exterior trim, wood gutter, interior trim, other repairs

Category siding, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 01/05/2022

12/27/2021

LeAnn R.

Bob updated my master bath by adding some trim and paint to create faux wainscoting and painting the vanity. He also repaired two leaking toilets.

Description of Work
Handymen, Remodeling - General, Painting - Interior, Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

Category handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/27/2021

12/27/2021

Rebecca L.

Bob is a fantastic handyman, an extremely knowledgeable hard worker with great ideas. I’m so glad I found him on Angi. He can take on ANY home-related project and do excellent work. Very prompt, great about communicating and taking the best approach to a job. He thoughtfully cleans up the work area at the end of each day. Bob is a total pleasure to work with. I give him the highest possible recommendation and will definitely continue to work with him on other projects.

Description of Work
Handymen, Painting - Interior, Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom, Landscaping

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, decks, gutter cleaning, handyman service, landscaping, masonry, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 12/27/2021

09/03/2021

Kathleen D.

Bob is a very careful and efficient worker. We reviewed what needed to be accomplished upon his arrival, and then he got to it! He checked in periodically to be certain progress was going in the manner I requested. He offered suggestions; and was thoughtful in h s approach to his work. He was respectful of me and my home. Give him a try, you won't be disappointed!

Description of Work
Handymen, Landscaping

Category handyman service, landscaping