It’s not uncommon for contractors to request a portion of their fee as a deposit before they begin working on a home improvement project. This guide explains how much you should give your contractor after you sign your contract.
Get matched with top handyman services in Chelmsford, MA
There are 136 highly-rated local handyman services.
Recent Handyman Reviews in Chelmsford
- Step by Step Home Improvement Corp.We've used Step by Step Home Improvement for more than ten years, for projects big and small (kitchen and bathroom remodels, painting, deck rebuilding, room renovation, small jobs, landscaping...) We have always had an excellent experience. Geferson is trustworthy and reliable and comes in on budget or lets us know ahead of time if he anticipates something will be more than estimated. Geferson's carpentry is particularly outstanding, and all the work he has done for us has been exceptional. Above all though, we really trust Geferson and his team - they're pleasant to have around and go above and beyond read less
- ACE Handyman Services of Greater BostonBob Samson was fantastic! He was professional, responsible and made sure the job was executed on time. I would hire him again for any future projects.
- Mr. Handyman of Central MetroWestIt went great! John I was amazing. He did a great job, and because the jobs my wife and I have we were only available for weekends. So we had John for 4 hours, we didn’t realize he would finish everything so fast, so we had to give him additional tasks. We felt Bad, but he did help with tasks which my wife and I knew we would have trouble with. He ripped out carpet in an adjoining room, installed a door that we had bought, and put up some exterior lights, and mounted a Tv. He also took pictures so he could give us estimates/quotes for future projects. John was very honest, social, polite, and most importantly transparent. Because of great John was, my wife and I know that we will be using Mr handyman (hopefully John again) for an attic ladder door install, basement door install, and window removal/install. My dad referred them to me, and I know why read less
- Phalan Construction & The HandymanBob is a very careful and efficient worker. We reviewed what needed to be accomplished upon his arrival, and then he got to it! He checked in periodically to be certain progress was going in the manner I requested. He offered suggestions; and was thoughtful in h s approach to his work. He was respectful of me and my home. Give him a try, you won't be disappointed read less
- Phalan Construction & The HandymanBob responded to my request the same day and was very flexible to us having to delay his work repeatedly as we waited for a dry streak this wet summer to finish something else first. Bob had the right equipment (55' lift) to get the jobs done while protecting roof. Work was high quality and Bob is easy to work with. Would definitely use again read less
- Cromer RemodelingTom and his team do really high quality work for a fair price. They are honest, helpful and reliable. Very fair prices. Very professional. I will certainly be using them a lot on the future.
- Smart Painting Service Inc.Rafael and his team were amazing! He was quick to respond to our initial request and came over within a couple of days to see our house and quote the job. He was responsive to questions and requests throughout the process. All in, Smart Painting Service were great work with and we plan to use them again for another project later this year, and would recommend them to a friend. The project took a little over 3 weeks, was of great quality with excellent attention to detail and very reasonably priced read less
- Phalan Construction & The HandymanWe hired Bob Phalan to replace the surrounding trim after we had installed new garage doors. He estimated 1½ days. But upon removal of the exist aluminum siding, structural damage including carpenter ant damage and a rusted-cracked lally column were discovered. Bob made required repairs replacing 2x4s, the lally column, plywood, insulation, wall board, and plastering. Then he was able to begin work on the vinyl trim. We showed Bob a photo of the “look” we wanted to achieve and he achieved it perfectly. He was at our home for 3 very long days, the cost of his work was very reasonable read less
- Northeast Maintenance ServicesChris, is excellent. Good attention to detail and he had a lot of patience with me when figuring where to hang the pictures. The house looks great now that it has been pressured washed. Would definitely recommend!
- Mr. Handyman of Central MetroWestThe work was in every way excellent. Chris accomplished everything quickly and the finished work looked superb. In addition, Chris was personable and engaging, a truly credible and talented handyman. We have more work to do, and there's no question we will request him in the future.693.00
Handymen in Chelmsford
- Business Description:Let me take care of all the tasks you can't get to. I'll show up on time, do quality work, charge a reasonable rates and leave your house in great shape. I can handle everything from kitchen and bath remodels to more modest repairs. On the exterior, I can fix rotten trim or siding, install gutters and windows, hang doors, rebuild stairs, power wash decks and more. I can even turn that cold garage into an insulated space Inside the home I can redo a kitchen or bath, install bathroom fixtu.. read lessRecent Review:The project went smoothly overall. Will was a pleasure to work with and listened to our needs and preferences while keeping us on budget. He was quick to step in and resolve an issue with the plumber at no cost to us. The work involved replacing everything in our 60 sq/ft bathroom except for the bathtub: Retiling of the bath area and floor, installation of new vanity, plumbing to replace all fixtures and toilet, painting. All look just great. We have already asked Will to work on other projects in our house read lessPeter F.
- Business Description:Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today! read lessRecent Review:It was great They were there everyday, on time always the eta was on point.Domingo J.
- Business Description:SSS Home Services prides itself on being the number one home improvement company In the area. We service both residential and commercial properties. We've built an excellent reputation for customer satisfaction by providing quick estimates, a great attention to detail, and competitive pricing. Being a screened and approved professional gives you the peace of mind you need to allow us to give your home the attention it deserves. Call us today and let's get started read lessRecent Review:It went very well. Drawer operates just as new.Jorge R.
- Business Description:Residential wiring new & old work. outlet, switches, and fixtures, Led lighting. Great prices Excellent customer service. 4 years in the tradeRecent Review:Really well, he was very professional and did it quick with professional manner.Tim b.
- Business Description:• 2016 Super Service Award Winner! • Since 1985, Most wanted, any property that is need of special attention. Owners that want those task just to be removed from a things to do list.Have an idea or project just call lets talk about it . Generally make all customer calls early evening . Call 617-230-5350 leave a message with best time to call or email email@example.com. Just ask I will be glad to talk over doing it Josep read lessRecent Review:Joe and his men were very professional and extremely easy to relate to. Joe listened to what I wanted and then made it happen. They actually worked all day in the 90 plus degree heat in order to complete the work. I would not hesitate to call on Joe for any other projects I may have in the future read lessVictor S.
- Business Description:House Doctors is the professional handyman service you can trust for all of your home improvements and repairs. We provide the highest level of professional workmanship, that's why all of our technicians are screened, licensed and insured. Our uniformed staff will show up on time and complete your projects to your satisfaction, providing you with the kind of reliability, quality and service you deserve. Our mission is to make home repair and improvements easier for you. We promise to trea.. read lessRecent Review:They wanted $165 minimum for a project that would take them a total of 10 minutes. I would do it myself but I want to be sure it gets put back in place correctly (i.e. straight and flush). That price is ridiculous read lessMary B.
- Business Description:This is a business with me and my father. He has 30+ years of experience within construction. I am obligated to learn and want the best for our customers experience and to make sure that all expectations are met read lessRecent Review:The very next day Rob (the owner) came by and looked at the scope of work. Rob did not rush through the estimating process and listened to exactly what we wanted and some of our concerns relative to having the job done. Rob showed total confidence in doing what we wanted. His lead time and pricing was reasonable. I will be hiring Rob for a few other jobs I have and am confident I will get the same high quality as well. I highly recommend this Company. Very Professional read lessdonna d.
- Business Description:Want your weekends back! We can help with all your projects large and small. Specializing in all phases of construction, full remodeling, repair & handyman work. Call us today for a free estimate. Now servicing southern New Hampshire and Northern Massachusett read lessRecent Review:The project went great. On time and within budget. John and John did all the work necessary to remodel a master bathroom, a half bath and a laundry room. This included all the demo, floors, walls, cabinets, plumbing, electrical, shower, tile, painting, etc. Excellent job and we will definitely use them again for our next project read lessLarry F.
- Business Description:We are an owner operated business, working in the construction field for over 5 years. We do Carpentry, General maintenance, repair and installations, Home inspections, Gutter and roof fixing, Remodeling and Painting. We work with dedication and integrity to meet all your handyman needs. Call or send me a message to schedule your estimate. Follow us and leave us a review on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/opendoorhandyman/ and Google: https://goo.gl/maps/vEKK59Si4mEzPDhF6 Thank you for .. read lessRecent Review:Both front and rear doorbells are bow working. They had not worked in over 10 years.Monique B.
- Business Description:Welcome to Mead Handyman Service, LLC. We've been serving the local area to provide quality work at an affordable rate. There is no job too big or too small. We cover all handyman services including, but not limited to, interior painting, exterior painting, laminate flooring, vinyl flooring, ceramic tile flooring, ceramic tile, drywall repair, drywall install, deck repairs, deck staining, power washing, lawn care, junk removal, and more read lessRecent Review:Great! Matt was on time, well prepared, paid great attention to detail, was efficient, and I would highly recommend!Beth M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful handyman service articles
Are you shopping for a shower door that fits best in your bathroom? Before you get your heart set on a high-end frameless bathroom door, you need to know a few details. Read on to learn about the differences in cost, function, and appearance.
Fall is a perfect time to take care of all of your home’s routine home maintenance needs, including small tasks that could become big issues. This detailed checklist will break down exactly what you should be doing as the temperatures begin to drop.
Find handyman services in
- North Chelmsford
- North Billerica
handyman services in Chelmsford
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- *Boston-Area-Paint*91 Longwood Avenue
- 199619 Washburn St
East Weymouth, Massachusetts
- 2 Rivers Contracting & Services IncPO Box 1512
- 3D LandscapingPO Box 692063
- 4 Elements Professional Services22 Brookview Drive
Pelham, New Hampshire
- 99 Call Service1016 Revere Beach Pkwy
- A&A Services Home Improvement115 North St
- A&M General Contractors & Builders LLC232 S Main st
- A. OCAMPO Landscaping18A Everett Ave
- A.R.T. Home Solutions598 Beacon St.
- AAA Chimney and Roofing/Home Improvements1295 Beacon St. P.O. 743
- AAA MAINTENANCE SOLUTIONS INC225 STEDMAN ST
- ABA General Contractors91 Everit Ave
- abc company inc841 Worcester St
- ABR remodeling Inc5 fernwood dr unit d
- Abrantes Building Company55 Harding St
- Acadian Handyman Services, LLCP.O. Box 543
- Ace Home Medics143 Main Street
North Reading, Massachusetts
- ACS Group, Inc27 Carter St
- Acton Pest Control ServicesPO Box 2450
- Acton Woodworks, Inc.2 School Street
- ADAMS DOOR SERVICE6 STANLEY ST
- Adelino Soares Construction1255 Sharps Lot Rd
- Adone Tile & Bath 52 Grove St
- Ads On Wheels, Inc.10 Cotton Rd
Nashua, New Hampshire
- Advanced Gutter Systems Inc50 Tyler Drive
- Affordable Precision2 Bradford street
- AG - Remodeling & Construction28 Suffield St. #2
- Against The Grain898 Waverly St
- Age Home Improvement Inc.4 Maria Cir
- AHR home improvement124 Tennis Plaza Rd
- Air-Tight Weatherization LLC9 Story Ave
- AJ Construction CompanyPO Box 541
West Wareham, Massachusetts
- AJ's Home Services Inc1565 Lakeview Ave
- Alaa 76 Broadway
- Alas Hardwood floors
- Albion Painting52 Lime St
- Alcantara Contractor407R Mystic Ave Unit 36A
- aliot construction24 Pelham St
North Billerica, Massachusetts
- All Day Construction Services192 Kennedy Dr 213
- ALL IN ONE PLASTERING INCPO BOX 122
- All Smart Construction LLC4 Lewis St.
Nashua, New Hampshire
- All-Phase Painting LLC38 Upland Rd
- Allied Realty Services329 Concord Avenue
- Alloes Painting352 Main st
- ALLPRO Handyman Service & Home Improvement60 Annafran St
- ALPHA PRO PAINTING AND CARPENTRY33 Whitman St
- ALVAN'S PAINTING186 POWELL ST
- AM&GM Contracting25 Rimmon St.
Manchester, New Hampshire
- Amanah Painting24 Nazneen Circle
- AMBIENCE CONSTRUCTION75 COLUMBIA ST
- America Hardwood Floor Services6 Park St
- Americaeaglefastlabor131 Willis Ave
- American Discount Roofing & Siding2 Second St
- AMERICAN EAGLE TRADESMEN COMPANY39 Nolan Way
- american fence deck & landscape inc72 four winds drive
- American Hardwood Floors116 Grampian Way
- American Property Solutions134 Salem St
- Ames & Young Inc661 S Main St Ste 4
- AMR CONSTRUCTION&REMODELING INC.50 school st apt b
- Anastacio Baptista54 Angell St
Dorchester Center, Massachusetts
- Anchor Builders248 Central St.
- Anderson Painting Co.182 Summit Ave Apt 2
- Andrew Stevens CoPO Box 903
- Andy Welch10 Woodbine Street
- Andyman58 Monument St
- Anthony's Hardwood Floors85 Marshall St
- ANY SEASON PAINTINGPO Box 1802
Hampton, New Hampshire
- Apex Roofing & Restoration LLC3 Easy St
- Aproserv756 Princetone Blvd
- Aqua Plumbing113 Jenkins Rd
- ARCH PAINTINGOne Presidential Way Suite 109
- Arctic Systems233 Sandy Hil Dr
- Ardizzoni Home Improvements58 Malvern Street
- ARI Contracting571 California St
- Armstrong Landscaping101 Florence Rd
- ARO Home improvement157 B Street
- Arron Enterprises7253 E Dewberry Ave
- ARTHUR O'SHEA156 LIBERTY ST
- Artistic ExteriorsPO Box 333
Brookline, New Hampshire
- Artistri Professionals945 Concord St
- ASAP Painting345 Cedar st 2
Manchester, New Hampshire
- Ashwood Construction & Remodeling19 Stafford Road
- Aspen Environmental270 Lawrence St
- Associated Tradesmen62 Pawtucket Drive
- At Your Service10 Cross Street
North Chelmsford, Massachusetts
- At Your Service - Chelmsford14 Marion St
- At Your Service Painting & Remodeling78 fuller st
- ATLANTIC POWER & DESIGNPO Box 164
North Salem, New Hampshire
- Auburn and Brown Construction, LLC21 Mason Street
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- A&A Services Home Improvement
- B & B Plumbing Plus10 Jay St
- B & C CARPENTRY6 Nelson Ave
- B&A Construction LLC341 SIlver Lake Rd
Hollis, New Hampshire
- B&B Handyman and Cleaning Services350 highland ave #32
- B.A.L. Home Improvement76 Waltham St
- BACKYARD BUILDERS INC80 MIDDLESEX ST
North Chelmsford, Massachusetts
- Barra Building99 Bigelow St
- Barry's Home & Commercial RepairPO Box 9
Derry, New Hampshire
- Basement Building Solutions23 Hickory Ridge Rd.
- B & B Plumbing Plus