A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND

Founded 1989 • With Angi since January 2007

2.7

610 LAKE ST

Evanston, IL 60201

We have been serving The North Shore of Chicago for over 22 years with many satisfied customers and a great reputation for quality work on time, and within budget. Please visit our website for more information a description of the services we offer and many photos of completed projects. Give us a

12/01/2020

Vinny B.

I can go into detail about how bad the work was but I think all I need to tell you is that Al sent a worker who was drunk at 8AM. Ah what the heck I'll tell you a couple of quick things that went awry beyond the drunk worker who was doing the job. Al change the job on me. This was my first time hiring a contractor and I got taken for quite a ride. He said he was going to completely replace the stairs because they were so bad. Ended up the stairs were so solidly built that they couldn't remove them. They ended up doing some nominal work and still charging same amount. Very convincing talker this Al is. Get everything in DETAILED writing. Make bullet points and leave out no detail. Put in what will happen if any of the agreed upon points are broken or changed without approval. Some things are reasonable of course but not knowing that the stairs are so solidly built that you can't even remove them and then changing the job, now thats either amateur hour or something more. Also do not pay all at once. Normal payment schedule is in thirds with last payment at the end. Remember to tell Al you don't want any alcoholics working on the job for you.

Description of Work
Stairs Redone

Category remodeling

02/27/2019

Joanna S.

I needed to prep my condo for resale. A.R. Decorating and Remodeling were perfect for the job. The did everything that was needed, with quality outcome, at a fair price, within the time frame I needed the work to be completed. They painted the whole place, restored the sashes and chain mechanism of windows in my 100 year old building, washed them inside and out, reglazed the bathtub and did many handyman fixups. I did not have to take even one hour off work. Allan Redmond, who runs the operation, is professional, knowledgeable and responsive. He sent me photos of the progressing work during the day and answered my questiions, texts and emails at all times, so that communication and expectations were clear, throughout the project.

Description of Work
Interior painting, bathtub reglazing, faucet repacement, carpenting fixups, window restoration.

Category remodeling, interior painters

01/02/2007

MICHELE B.

We had an issue in which some of our cabinets needed to be cut and adjusted. When we brought this to his attention, he wanted paid for what he had done and wanted to bail on the project and not follow through with it because he had another job lined up. I felt that was very unprofessional and not what I had hired him to do. The other thing is that he made promises, but he did not return to finish the job after he got his money. He did not install support strips for the cabinets either, and he was unresponsive in resolving that problem. Myself and my husband called and left messages, but we got the clear impression that he was not going to finish the job or return our calls.

Description of Work
Hired him as a general contractor for my kitchen remodel, he was to do the cabinets, drywall, and paint.

Category custom cabinets, drywall, home remodeling, interior painters

DSY Construction Inc

We are a full-service general construction company with a wide range of experience from remodeling to construction, and have been serving Chicagoland area for over 10 years. We can help you with all aspects of home projects from those small handyman projects to home additions and everything else in between, whatever it might be. Whether it’s, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, custom cabinets, tilling or HVAC repair or installation, we can even help you with design and blue prints of your new space. Give us a call or send us an email with your request.

Fortune Restoration

Fortune Restoration is a full service painting, tuckpointing, and restoration company that serves residential homeowners from Hyde Park to Lincoln Park to Oak Park and River Forest, and the entire North Shore and Western Suburbs. Commercial, industrial and institutional projects are also taken on throughout the Chicagoland area. Additional email - fortunerestorationbob@gmail.com Additional contact name - Mr. Bob Fortune, Mr. Tom Fortune.

2022 Super Service Award

JT Painting & Stucco

As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or message us to schedule an estimate today!

Check, Financing Available

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND

How is A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND overall rated?

A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND is currently rated 2.7 overall out of 5.

What payment options does A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND provide

A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Financing Available

Does A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND offer free estimates?

Yes, A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND offers free project estimates.

Does A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND offer a senior discount?

No, A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND?

Yes, A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND offers warranties.

What services does A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND offer?

A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND offers the following services: Complete home remodeling, exterior and interior painting, Kitchen and bath remodeling and we specialize in basement finishing.