Weatherstripping your property is an affordable and effective way to reduce your energy bill easily. See how much it costs and how much you can save.
Get matched with top handyman services in Evanston, IL
There are 278 highly-rated local handyman services.
Recent Handyman Reviews in Evanston
- Budget Right Handymancould not have had a better experience . Excellent results. Extremely professional in all aspects of work completed, scheduling, and follow through. Highly recommend.
- Handyman ProsThe gentelmen replaced my leaking kitchen faucet. My faucet sets in a very narrow space, therefore the job is not easy. He worked hard to get the job done well. Afterwards, he cleaned the area and made sure there were no leaking everywhere. I appreciated his help much.
- Budget Right HandymanI highly recommend BRH workman Manny Sanchez. He completed several small electrical jobs quickly. He correctly diagnosed reasons for lack of electricity in garage (faulty GFCI outlet) and at outdoor light at front door (faulty light switch). He installed ceiling fan and ceiling light. He was respectful and patiently answered my many questions
- Budget Right Handymanwent very well; worked hard but took time for a few appreciated pleasantries. courteous and careful with floors/walls/furniture.
- Budget Right HandymanI've used BRH multiple times and they always exceed expectations - from scheduling, to project execution and follow up. Justin Lamerdin installed ClosetMaid Track Shelving for me and did a great job. Great attention to detail. Great communication. He also helped install some other things like bathroom towl bars, and a coat rack, with anchors into dry wall. He also did a great job with those
- Budget Right HandymanEverything went great. Came on time and did everything as requested. All repairs look great. Would hire again!
- Handy Men & Mrs Helper Kitchen & BathTHE BEST experience with a contractor EVER! We’ve owned 7 houses and have hired numerous contractors to do a variety of work, this was by far the smoothest, most thorough job we’ve ever had done. The communication, preparation and scheduling made us feel at ease with the project. Everyone of the workers and managers of the job showed up on time and got our job done on the specific schedule we were given. The quality of the work was top notch! The entire team was a pleasure to work with
- Handy Men & Mrs Helper Kitchen & BathOn Sept. 24th I had Handy Men & Mrs. Helper Kitchen & Bath come to my house to do some much needed various Handyman work. I was totally pleased with the work that Aivo did. He arrived right on time, worked very efficiently and did a wonderful job. In addition Aivo answered any questions that I had in a very professional and truthful way. He even made some great suggestions that I can do in the future. It was a pleasure to have Aivo at my home and I will definitely use HANDY MEN & MRS. HELPER when I need work done around my house
- Budget Right HandymanBRH technician Jesse Morris came out and helped with a variety of projects that we had put off. He was very professional and knowledgeable about all of the things that we needed to repair or replace and even provided guidance on future projects that I'd like to have taken care of. Would definitely hire BRH again and I have Jesse coming back out soon to install a ceiling fan. Thanks
- Budget Right HandymanI have used BRH several times and always ask for BRH technician Jesse Morris. His work is excellent and he is very knowledgeable. I would definitely use BRH again and highly recommend this company.
Handymen in Evanston
- Business Description:Your Repair Professional As a decreed engineer I have always been that person who can fix anything. Repair knowledge is not enough without skills. From electrical, plumbing and others. installation, I have fostered all of the skills you need for household repairs and improvements. Renovation at a Fair Price Whether you need a major repair, a renovation, or to check off a list of honey-dos, I can deliver professional skills online or post covid19 at your place at a fair price. It is our ..Recent Review:Perfect. He came the day after i called and was on time and did great work.Lisa S.
- Business Description:Now the purpose of our business is to help you feel relieved that you are working with a professional friend in the handyman maintenance business that you can trust to help you find efficient proactive solutions for your home or business. If you have an excellent experience that causes you to want to introduce us to the people you care about most.Recent Review:Ken was awesome. He was extremely knowledgeable and very thorough. He even gave advice and suggested easy fixes that I could do on my own to save a little money. I will definitely be using Proactive Prevention in the futureJosh W.
- Business Description:Master Handymen is your one-stop shop for all of your Handyman Services and Contracting needs. Whether it is a small repair or a large-scale remodel, Master Handymen is at your service! Our services include Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling, Finished Basements, Painting, Drywall, Plumbing, Electrical, Water Damage Repair, Mold Removal, Hardwood Flooring, Carpeting, Ceramic and Marble Tile, Grout Repair/Replace, Caulking, Granite Counter Tops, Carpentry, Light Demolition, Roofing, Gutters and Do..Recent Review:Gino responded quickly and provided a written proposal based on pictures & measurements I provided. When we were trying to decide between 2 competitive quotes we invited Gino onsite to confirm (or modify) the proposal. The work was scheduled within a week of me obtaining the specific tile I wanted for the repair. The workers arrived on time and cleaned up when they were finished. The repair was done very professionally. I'm very happy with the end resultJanet S.
- Business Description:Fixer.com is a different kind of handyman service - we know your time is valuable and you expect the best. We are skilled experts, solving a variety of home problems in as little as one trip. We finish our jobs - big and small. We specialize in projects that require multiple tasks across disciplines, like fixing that leaky sink and patching/repainting the drywall too. You can book the time and day you need us online in seconds. You can also chat with us live to discuss your project. We're p..Recent Review:Fixer showed up on time and investigated the problems and identified the solutions. He had to get a different part, but the work was done extremely well and with care. I never feel taken with Fixer and they have been easy to schedule and payAndy G.
- Business Description:Formerly known as The Handyman Services. We are a family owned business, and have been serving customers like you since 1993. At Bate Remodeling & Handyman Services, maintaining 100% satisfaction for each of our customers is our goal. As all of our returning customers know, Bate Remodeling & The Handyman Services guarantees that you will receive the highest level of professionalism, as well as our absolute best workmanship . Please check out the list of services below we can make available to..Recent Review:John is fantastic to work with. We hired John in 2020 for some tricky lighting and fan work on 15’ cathedral ceilings. Most other contractors turned the job down because the ceilings were too tall, but not John! He replaced multiple track lights with recessed lights, installed two drop fans, and a pendant light plus a chandelier. Many lights had to be moved along with their electrical boxes and new wires. John was communicative, very insightful, and kept us in the know while we tried to stay out of his way. I’ll be going with John when we’re ready to update our guest bathroom and cannot wait until we cross paths again! Highly recommend John’s services for any contracting work you need help with around the houseDave M.
- Business Description:With over 10 years of general contracting and handyman experience, I am here to help address any need or dream you may have.Recent Review:I am very pleased with their work. The area that needed repainting you wouldn't even know the work had been done. They blended the edges very well. They completed all the work I had in a satisfactory manner, were courteous, and arrived on timeRose l.
- Business Description:OWNER-OPERATED, I'M A ONE MAN COMPANY. FREE ESTIMATES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE FEES. MAY CONTACT THROUGH EMAIL. IF THROUGH EMAIL PLEASE LEAVE CONTACT NUMBER.Recent Review:Wow, where do I begin, well let's start with Sam responded quickly and came on time for the inital onsite estimate. During our walk thru, I explained exactly what I needed done. He then presented an estimate quickly (which I was impressed). He was also able to work around my work schedule to fit me in, much appreciated so, so far so good. We'll, I spoke too soon! The day he arrived q/19/2021 @ 8am (on time) it went down hill. Meaning, he seemed angry, hostile and nothing like the inital estimate. DIL, if he had a bad morning and didn't have his coffee but he was very moody.l to say the least. He came in (not speaking) or explaining where he was going to start 1st and began to install a toliet and new vanity in my LL Powder room. He installed it and while he was coming upstairs to start the shower base (in the master bath) I asked him how it went with the 'LL install. He then said, "well, there's a small hairline leak in the back of the toliet". I than said, "why didn't you tell me for I have 2 new toliet in the garage?" He didn't answer and began to start working on the 2nd bath tub. Let me say, I'm remodeling my home so it's gutted and redo the two baths and kitchen. With that, after he finished the other 2 bathrooms he said he's use one of the new toliet and replace the old one cuz it was missing a part anyway. I found that he opened one of the new toliet boxes (without asking or telling me. Took a part from one of the new toliet to apply to the older one he had already installed. This guy was a nightmare to say the least! Who does that? Come on, don't you think I would need that same part for the new one? It was luck that he exchanges the old one for a new one and could use the same part! Ugh, I also ran to the store to pick up parts he needed (I offered and didn't mind) but when I asked him if he had a bucket tonrun water diwn both drains he just installed he looked at me like I was "ASKING TOO MUCH" but I insisted to ensure there weren't any leaks (which there weren't) THANK GOD! He was very unprofessional, disrespectful and to be quite honest arrogant. I just wanted him to leave and never hire him again for the rest of the work he quoted. I should have listened to the warning when he said he wasn't busy for sometime and sitting at home. I now understand why cuz he's mean and unprofessional and good Handyman are busy. Lesson learned and don't hire this "moody dude" there's someone better out there I promise and I will find him/her the next time. Consider yourslef warned! GOOD LUCK!Paulina A.
- Business Description:ONE CALL CAN SOLVE ALL YOUR HOUSE PROBLEMS Professional Handyman Services, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, Tiling, Flooring Insured Bonded Guaranteed LIVE PHONE HELP Mon-Fri 8-5 email chat after hours... Chicago Home Repair License #220994Recent Review:The gentelmen replaced my leaking kitchen faucet. My faucet sets in a very narrow space, therefore the job is not easy. He worked hard to get the job done well. Afterwards, he cleaned the area and made sure there were no leaking everywhere. I appreciated his help muchTina Y.
- Business Description:With over 15 years of experience in providing top quality small to medium size home repair and remodeling services, which are backed by our 1 year warranty on workmanship that most companies don't offer, isn't it time to give us a call? Whether you have projects for the interior or exterior, we offer the quality you expect and the customer care you desire to make your home repair and restoration project dreams a reality today. Skip the stress of inexperienced contractors and choose the truste..Recent Review:There was little plumbing involved and leaking afterwards, stopper was not installed(sink) I had to bring in a professional plumber afterwards for an additional$425.00 to get leaks to stop and repair piping .Ray G.
- Business Description:*CURRENTLY BOOKED OUT THROUGH FEBRUARY 2022* The Handy Veteran is a veteran owned and operated company. We offer free estimates and stand by our motto of professional and dependable services. We want to be the one stop shop handyman for you. We offer active duty and veteran discountsRecent Review:Great,very professional, excellent work ethic, kept me in the loop as the project moved forward. Started when they said they would,very reliable,Chuck M.
Deals in Evanston for Handyman Service
Explore our Solution Center for helpful handyman service articles
Make sure you know what's included in a free home repair estimate before you agree to sign up for an estimate from a contractor. Some contractors charge fees for estimates if you need them to diagnose or assess issues with your home instead of just offeri
Every good handyperson knows that bringing the right tools to the job helps them work smarter and faster. From installing fixtures to assembling furniture to doing repairs and remodeling, we’ve rounded up the ultimate handyperson tool list.
Find handyman services in
- Morton Grove
- Harwood Heights
- Park Ridge
- Elmwood Park
- Des Plaines
- River Grove
- Schiller Park
- Franklin Park
- Highland Park
- Oak Park
- River Forest
- Mount Prospect
handyman services in Evanston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1 GUY FIXES ALL HOME IMPROVEMENTS47 MORNINGSIDE DR
- 123Assembly3230 w Washington blvd
- 197160 Evergreen Dr
- 1st Choice Garage Doorz635 N Kedzie Ave
- 1st Stop Realty & Management, Inc2707 S. Ridgelend Ave
- 24/7 Lightning Locksmith Chicago2930 N Elston Ave
- 2renov8 l.l.c320 Melvin Dr #10
- 3 Wise Men Developers, Inc.6745 South Indiana Ave. #2
- 3JM Exteriors Inc8102 Lemont Rd Unit 1000
- 4 Seasons Painting and Landscaping Company1347 W Hood Ave
- 4 Star Contracting, Inc.4956 N Merrimac Avenue
- 5 Star Concrete & Construction1444 s Rockwell
- 51 Zygi Carpentry Corporation5325 N Manila Ave
- 1 GUY FIXES ALL HOME IMPROVEMENTS
- A & K Electrical Inc.63 East Lake st
- A + INSTALLATIONS inc357 n tower dr
- A Accurate Electric Inc633 N Highview
- A Better Door & Window203 Glenwood Rd
Chicago Heights, Illinois
- A Better Handyman Service2539 N. Central Park
- A Good Man Painting and Remodeling204 Hickory Terrace
Island Lake, Illinois
- A Jack of all Trades handyman and cleaning service102 S 4th St Unit 7
- A M Clock Repair & Sales Inc20 S Lively Blvd Ste 101-A
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
- A O Handy5215 W Edgearton Ave
- A P Builder & General Contractor LLC2079-A Stonington Ave
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
- A Plus Construction and Painting Inc709 Timothy court
East Dundee, Illinois
- A Plus Decorating Inc.4049 Bonhill Dr 2D
Arlington Heights, Illinois
- A Quality Board-up & Emergency Services Inc.1425 Ridgeland
- A Renewable Construction Inc551 S. Bennett Ave
- A to Z Tiles & Remodeling23w280 great western ave
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- A&k construction and remolding6206 S Rhodes Ave
- A&M Fence Corporation3114 S 61st Ave
- A&M Remodeling Co7039 W Addison St
- A+ CRYSTAL CLEAR1832 BIRCH RD
- A-TECH ELECTRONIC354 A MAPLE
New Lenox, Illinois
- A-Z REMODELING9112 Basswood Dr
Tinley Park, Illinois
- A. P. Riley & Company, LLC153 S. Halsted St.
Chicago Heights, Illinois
- A. PANZICA ENTERPRISE LTD123 N GRANT ST
- A.R. Construction1802 N. Karlov
- A1 Electric Company6044 s Hohman 103
- AA Construction206 N Louis Street
Mount Prospect, Illinois
- AAA MASONRY RENOVATION INC5755 W. Diversey Ave. Suite 303
- AAA Service and Supply IncPO Box 4091
- AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc6479 N. Avondale Ave
- AAG Glass and mirror6N 808 Dunham Rd
- Aarco Baths703 W Annoreno Dr # 10
- AB Builders Services Inc509 bristol ln
- Ab Remodeling & Construction1000 Hewitt Dr
Des Plaines, Illinois
- ABC BUILDERS INC3426 N PITTSBURGH AVE
- ABC CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING8713 N OLEANDER AVE
- ABC Elite1096 frances dr
- Abel B/P Services1257 Hillside Dr
- Aberdeen Maintenance Services411 W Ontario Suite 218
- ability construction904 mayfield st
- Able Builders110 Hunters Path
Lake In The Hills, Illinois
- ABN Building Maintenance IncP.O Box 57
FOREST PARK, Illinois
- AC Abatement inc4957 Lamb Dr
Oak Lawn, Illinois
- AC Home Design888 E Belvidere Rd Ste 312
- Accurate Exterior & Masonry2855 S Normal Street
- Accurate Improvements1283 Bristol Ln
Hanover Park, Illinois
- Accurate Painting & RemodelingPO Box 410271
- Accurate Remodeling Co1414 Paddock Rd
Spring Grove, Illinois
- Ace Handyman Services Chicagoland 3021 W Belmont Ave
- ACE Painting Company2528 Yarrow Lane
ROLLING MEADOWS, Illinois
- Ace5 Construction10398 Scott Dr
- Acer Creek Services410 Arbor Gate Ln
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
- ACTIVE HANDYMAN SERVICE & REMODELING6721 WEST FOREST VIEW LN
- Adam's Water Treatment Inc7736 E Monticello Way
Crystal Lake, Illinois
- Adas Interior Remodeling INC5205 Granite Ct
Crystal Lake, Illinois
- Adrian Remodeling1809 Pebble Beach Circle
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
- Advance Remodeling Corp45 Mark Dr
Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
- advanced services & restoration2918 Gilboa Ave
- Affinity Construction Co.10751 wing Pointe Dr.
- Affordable Construction Solutions Inc401 Cumberland Ln
- Affordable Expert Home SolutionsPO BOX 471419
- AFFORDABLE HANDY DAD2054 W BIRCHWOOD AVE
- Affordable Home Solutions - IL524 N Randall Rd
- AG Glass & Mirrors, LLC.5306 W. Montrose Ave.
- Agalan Inc3N321 Ellsworth Ave
- AGP Enterprise INC1130 Singleton Dr
- Aguirre Landscaping7923 Kenneth Ave
- Aik Restoration & Repair2936 W Fitch
- Airetite Home Improvement Inc6611 W Cermak Rd
- Airmen Handyman Services6825 N Lincoln Ave
- AK Reliable Construction Co., Inc.9444 Keeler Ave
- AKA Mechanical Services207 S. Channing 1
- Alchemy Construction110 East Sunnyside Avenue
- ALEJO SALDANA3013 S Kildare Ave # 2
- Aleksandar Markovic2993 Curtis St
Des Plaines, Illinois
- ALENIA EXTERIORS6891 CATALPA ST
Hanover Park, Illinois
- Alert Protective Services LLC3833 N Cicero Ave
- All American Handyman Services926 Aimtree Pl
- All Around the House Handy Men Service325 Richmond Dr
- All Contractors LLC.6311 Sands Road
Crystal Lake, Illinois
- All Four Restoration719 Cameron Dr
- All Guard Exteriors922 6th Ave
- All Home Repairs1607 S Ridge Dr
Arlington Heights, Illinois
- All home repairs1607 S Ridge Dr
Arlington Heights, Illinois
- All Star Home Improvement & Renovations327 Palmer Ave
- All Star Installations Inc1007 Rand Rd
- All The Right Angles, Inc.3402 Byrum Blvd
- All Trades Renovations Inc10610 s highland
- A & K Electrical Inc.
Handyman Services FAQ
How much do handymen typically charge?
Answer: The average cost to hire a plumber is between $50 - $100 dollars per hour, but you can find qualified individuals who can perform handyman work for less.
How much are typical handyman repair costs?
Answer: The average cost for a repair is between $50 - $100 dollars per hour, but you can find qualified individuals who can perform handyman work for less.
Should handymen be certified or licensed in Evanston, IL?
Answer: Yes. Each state has their own requirements for licensing and certifications handyman. Be sure to check our state licensing tool to review the local handymen guidelines.
What questions should I ask a handyman in Evanston, IL?
Answer: There are several questions or things to know before hiring a handyman to do any work in your home.
Do they have proper licensing?
Do they charge for estimates?
Do they provide references?
How many handymen are in the US
Answer: According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics in May 2017, there are 1,351,210 handymen employed in the US. Their average salary is $19.37 per hour, with an annual wage of $40,280. California has the most handyman (126,420) with Texas (108,470) following just behind. Alaska has the highest average hourly wage at $24.87 per hour.