Reno Renovation Corp

Founded 2011 • With Angi since October 2013

4.4

7101 W. Gunnison St #56002

Chicago, IL 60656

Reno Renovation is your one stop shop for many of your home or business needs. Full service mold remediation and build back. Established in 2011, we specialize in preservation, rehab and general construction, servicing properties throughout the City of Chicago and the Chicagoland area. Our knowledgeable team has over 100 years of combined experience in various fields including, but not limited to: plumbing, HVAC installation and repair, full service preservation, lawn care, interior remodeling, property management & real estate. Please check out our website or give us a call to see what we can offer. No job is too big or too small....

01/29/2021

Brooke D.

The owner of the company, Eric Wehling, also owns another company called 247 Renovation. We worked with Eric on several projects. The first two projects were a hoarder clean out, mold remediation and some basic demolition. He did an adequate job on these two projects and completed the project. At this point, we had worked with Eric for 8 months and we trusted him. We signed a contract for a huge remodeling job with him, and gave him a large down-payment of $25,000. After he received this check, he got rid of his phone number, blocked my emails and refused to get in touch with me. He did call me after this, and on that call told me he was "transferring" our project to a new contractor (whose name i had never heard and who we had never vetted), and that the new contractor would do the job for the remaining contract price (meaning the contract price minus the $25,000 we paid), and that he would NOT be returning our $25,000 or provide any work in exchange for the money. At that point, he stopped all communications with us. We never received our money, and this delayed our project for 6 months, adding other major expenses, like monthly mortgage payments. Essentially, he managed to ruin us financially. Since then, we have learned that he has done this to at least two other individuals in Illinois. He has stolen $35,000 and $30,000 respectively, from these two individuals. Look up Cook County Municipal Court cases by his last name - you will see that he and his wife are defendants in at least 5 lawsuits as of January 2021, most of which are for the same type of claim we have against him. Do NOT work with this person! I write this review only to warn other potential victims.

Description of Work
Large Remodeling job including ripping off attic and building a second story on a bungalow

Category countertops,decks,drywall,electrician,gutter repair,hardwood floor,hauling services,heating & air conditioning/hvac,insulation,plumbing,remodeling,water damage restoration,home remodeling,interior painters,gas leak repair,roof cleaning,mold removal,foundation repair

05/01/2020

Sarah L.

I hired Eric in July of 2019 under the company name of 247 Renovation - yes he has two businesses which I know of. After hiring Eric and team on, it was a nerve racking, anxiety inducing experience from day one. To make a long story short because the details don't matter here, this company took my deposit of 30k and I have ZERO to show for it. And here I am 10 months later with no work done and 30k less in my budget and Eric's subcontractors asking me to get paid. NIGHTMARE.

Description of Work
Finishing our basement

Category remodeling,air duct cleaning

08/23/2017

STEPHEN C.

Our condo association recently had Reno out to look at a mold issue we were having in the back stairwell of our building. Unlike some providers, Reno sought to get to the heart of the issue. Travis from Reno seemed personally invested in helping us solve our problem. Reno not only provided a quote for mold remediation but utilized their network of specialists to help us solve the root cause. In the end, we had our roof stairwell resealed, masonry on the exterior of the building touched up, and full mold remediation in the stairwell. The team was professional throughout and transparent about what they were doing. It was a pleasure doing business with Reno and I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Roofing, Exterior, Mold Remediation

Category masonry,mold removal

03/02/2016

NORMAL M.

Not only have they shown up as promised, despite the reduce fee they collect, they don't skimp on services. They don't just clear the snow from the driveway, but also manually shovel all walkways and stairways, making sure to appropriately salt for added protection. They even provide before & after photos, which is great for a situation like mine where I am paying the bill for services that I wouldn't otherwise be able to confirm without pestering each of the families we are assisting. They truly do finely-detailed, thorough work. I look forward to hiring them to also provide lawn maintenance for the families we serve and to do some repair/replace work for me personally! Oh - forgot to mention that they are also excellent communicators, responding quickly to all requests. Please note, I have left the address of our NM office, however services were provided throughout the Greater Chicagoland Area.

Description of Work
Reno provides snow removal services for many families throughout Chicago and nearby suburbs supported by Normal Moments, a non-profit providing support to parents of critically ill & medically complex children. They have discounted their prices for us to support their community and their work is definitely NOT "cut-rate".

10/30/2015

Daniel L.

I am very happy with service. They did a great job and were pleasure to deal with. I would recommend them!

Description of Work
They cleaned and remediated mold in three different locations in my house (garage, basement, attic).

03/26/2015

LORI M.

While our contractor was renovating our basement, it became apparent the walls needed professional cleaning. Travis, Eric and their office staff were helpful, considerate and professional , as I needed this problem addressed quickly and thoroughly. I was very pleased with the quality of their work.

Description of Work
In our basement, they cleaned and sanitized the perimeter of foundation to remove dirt and mold and coordinated repair of two cracks in the foundation.

Category mold removal

Thank you for the review. If you ever need anything else we would be glad to help.

07/26/2014

Eileen N.

Gutted and remodeled my entire bathroom, the people were wonderful, very nice workers and they did a beautiful job

Description of Work
Remodeled my bathroom

Category remodeling

05/21/2014

Michael J.

At first I didn't know what the to do when I found out mold had been growing under my sink and in my walls. A friend said he had "a guy." You know how that goes, its either great or terrible, no medium. Well, they had been great!! I can't say enough. I spoke with a man Travis, who was very professional from the beginning. As being worried about the mold because of my dogs, he explained everything I need to know to put me at ease. Then, they showed up the NEXT DAY to start. I was thrilled. They explained to me the process was going to be a little demo, next treat everything, finally build everything back, and thats what happen. They came in very professionally, covered my stuff (which I always feel is important when I get construction done) and started to bang it out. Feeling very comfortable, I left for a while and when I came back, the first phase was done. They told me all that was left was let everything dry and build everything back the next day. Again, which happened as they said. Second day, they came when they said they would. I had to leave again. When I came back they were wrapping up and it looked amazing, almost as if they were never there. I couldn't have been more happy with the overall experience. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone who has the same problem I did, 5 stars!

Description of Work
mold remeditation

Category mold removal

Thanks for taking time to write this review. We're glad we could help out you and your dogs.

05/15/2014

Mitch R.

After removing the porch wall due to it sagging with the intention of building a brick wall as per the bid, it was determined that the floor joists were not attached to the main building wall. It was determined that the whole porch needed to be replaced. They went ahead and replaced the wall with brick and replaced the whole porch deck, connecting the joist to the main wallwith hangers and the other end of the joists were mounted into the brick wall. And then new deck boards were installed and trimmed out.

Description of Work
They rebuilt my front porch and porch wall.

Category decks,masonry

It was a pleasure doing business with you. Thank you for taking the time to write out this review.

04/16/2014

chris L.

This is my second time using Reno Renovation Corp for mold remediation. Just like the first time, they contacted me promptly and professionally after I reached out to them for a free estimate. After explaining the situation, they sent their Mold Specialist, Travis, out the next day to take a look at water damage caused by a crack in my foundation. He arrived on time and did a thorough inspection of the entire basement. He explained exactly what would need to be done. I received an estimate the next day and they were ready to begin work once I gave them the approval. Once again they did a thorough job and answered any questions i had. I would recommend Reno Renovation to anyone looking for a mold remediation company.

Description of Work
Mold Remediation

Category mold removal

It was a pleasure doing business with you again. Thank you for the review.

DSY Construction Inc

We are a full-service general construction company with a wide range of experience from remodeling to construction, and have been serving Chicagoland area for over 10 years. We can help you with all aspects of home projects from those small handyman projects to home additions and everything else in between, whatever it might be. Whether it’s, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, custom cabinets, tilling or HVAC repair or installation, we can even help you with design and blue prints of your new space. Give us a call or send us an email with your request.

Shelby's Painting Plus

This is a woman owned business. We specialize in neat, clean work without leaving a mess. We do interior and exterior painting. I do caulking and light patching. I also have people available for drywall and remodeling services.

JC & Son Masonry Inc

8-10 employees. No subs. cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. May contact through email. Additional contact: Jake.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Reno Renovation is CRMI and CMR certified and specialize in mold inspection and remediation. Specialize in preservation, rehab and general construction. We also provide general construction and remodeling, roof repair, board ups, appliance installation, lock changes and re-key, general landscaping, debris removal up to 130 yards. To go along with our debris removal we also provide demolition services.