Changing Colors, Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since January 2002

2206490

5024 W Foster Ave

Chicago, IL 60630

Changing Colors Inc. has been in service since 1982. We are a fully, licensed, bonded and insured company. We have all of our own employees and do not use subcontractors. Our service team is made up of experienced professionals who can paint the interior or exterior of your home of office. We use only the best paints and have a large variety of colors to choose from....

interior painting (506)house painting (159)plastering (66)drywall (59)wallpaper removal (50)wallpaper hanger (40)deck cleaning (32)pressure washing (22)water damage restoration (15)woodworking (14)interior decorators (11)general contractors (11)

03/17/2022

Allison J.

Great customer service and execution of work. Competitive quote for interior wall and trim painting. Thank you for a great job!

Description of Work
Paint interior walls and trim

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 01/10/2022

06/20/2021

Joe M.

I requested a quote for fence staining. The representative on the phone was very responsive and professional. The owner came out promptly and gave a detailed quote within a couple of days. He took the time to explain everything and was very honest that they had several other jobs ahead of mine and it would take some time to get out here. The price quote was in line with others I received but I ended up using another company because they were able to do the work within a week. This said, I would consider Changing Colors in the future as they were prompt in responding, very professional and courteous, and pricing was reasonable.

Description of Work
Received quote for fence staining.

Category contractors,house painters

Work Completed On 06/20/2021

03/18/2021

Lee Ann P.

Awesome! We interviewed 5 companies. On their initial visit to measure they gave us our questionnaire already filled out plus copies of their insurance and other papers that we requested. They were on time and personable. The painters were professional, friendly and quick. The work was perfect.

Description of Work
Master bedroom suite

Category contractors,interior painters

Work Completed On 03/15/2021

02/01/2021

Richard J.

Owner and operator Tony sent in a great crew. Headed up by Jaime along with Vincente and Bill. This team was here about two weeks to complete the job and the results were outstanding. Great job guys. Owner Tony was always available to answer any questions. I would definitely hire Tony and his crew again.

Description of Work
Skim-coated and saved old plaster walls and interior painting

Category plastering,interior painters

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

11/09/2020

Eric H.

It exceeded my expectations. The work that was done was top notch and Tony and his crews were extremely attentive and had great attention to detail.

Description of Work
Interior and exterior painting

Category house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

09/04/2020

Barb S.

Communication with company was excellent. Work done on time, workers were professional and pleasant, even helped a neighbor who was having trouble lifting something. The neighbors complimented both the work and the work team. There were quite a few boards that needed replacing. For a couple of days we had a carpentry team there with the painters swarming the house. For a full week the temps were in the mid to upper 90s with high humidity. They worked on undaunted. They were also able to do tuck pointing on a brick foundation and chimney for a reasonable extra charge. The work didn’t affect the overall timeline. I already have other projects in mind, I would definitely hire these guys again. The work team is employed by the company, not contracted out. The owner cane by to check on the job. Makes all the difference when you have people who take pride in their work. A+!!!

Description of Work
Full exterior painting of 150 year old house, 2 story, 2000 sq feet

Category pressure washing,woodworking,house painters

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

07/29/2020

JAMES P.

Excellent quality work, done on time and at a reasonable price. They followed up promptly for some touch up.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of stucco, wood trim, and porch. Deck refinishing.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

06/24/2020

Roger B.

Changing Colors did a great job painting my 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath apartment. This was in preparation to sell the unit. After inspecting the unit Tony provided an estimate and schedule that worked well with my timeline to sell. While Tony’s initial inspection was thorough once the work stated they ran into unforeseen problems that were not readily apparent by either of us and discoverable only after the work began. While they resulted in additional time and cost overruns, Tony never attempted to include additional charges, nor try to renegotiate the initial project cost. Instead they worked quickly through the issues to complete the project in a timely fashion. Tony did a great job in suggesting matching neutral colors to provide a fresh even look throughout the unit and my real state agent complimented the work they did. The staff at Changing Colors were professional, easy to work with and of high integrity. I not only recommend Changing Colors but would use them again.

Description of Work
I hired Changing Colors to paint a 2 bedroom 1.5 bath Co-op apartment

Category contractors,interior painters

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

05/27/2020

Sandra U.

Prompt response from first estimate request. Timely turn around with estimate. Price just under two other estimates. Very professional guys and really nice. Careful with plants and flowers and clean up was excellent.

Description of Work
Cement sills of our bungalow painted and exterior window trim.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

05/12/2020

Eric H.

This was my first time contracting out painting. Having not contracted painting before, I found hiring painters was more expensive than I had thought, but physically unable to do some tasks I once did, I relied on the reviews here, my meeting with Tony and so I signed off on the project. The guys showed up promptly and I left them to do their work. I came by the house at end of day one and was completely blown away by the attention to detail and the pride in the job they were doing. I was expecting what a basic handyman would do, but these guys did well beyond what I had expected and in actuality, was a great value for the price paid. I changed gears on Tony midstream based on the quality of the work done, and added 3 more rooms and the garage all Tony was able to manage with ease. I can't say enough good things about Tony, his crew and his company. I have done a lot of handyman type things in my time and it's always a struggle to find really great help with projects. Rest assured, Tony, his crew and his company are now my only go to for painting- period!

Description of Work
Interior and exterior painting

Category house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 05/12/2020

Building decks, window cleaning, general contracting, skylights, stucco & siding installation.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover