1st Look Maintenance Services

Founded 2016 • With Angi since June 2016

4.2

228 W 26th St

Chicago, IL 60616

We are a family owned & operated business that offers very competitive pricing. We offer a wholesale method in which u get multiple services at a flat rate. We also offer corporate discounts as well as multiple job discounts nobody beats our pricing and all our work is guaranteed. We have many

05/04/2017

Jim K.

I don't write very many reviews, but in this case I believe it is important to get my experience with this vendor documented. As you can see by the rating it did not go very well. I scheduled with Erick who I believe is the owner of 1st look maintenance through Angie's list. I never hire anyone that isn't referenced on this site. They have an A rating and close to my house. It was a must call situation. Erick responded quickly to the message, which I thought was a good sign. However, he would not respond or do anything without meeting me in person. That is frustrating with my busy schedule, but understandable. We met on Saturday, April 22. He immediately started talking about lots of additional work from painting sealing the brick on the house he wanted me to commit to. I just wanted power washing... He kept pushing. He showed me emails and texts of other customers that wanted to do work with him or he was doing work with. He had a take the job or leave it attitude. He was not willing to negotiate without me taking on a ton of additional work that I did not need. It was a quick decision on my part, but I hired him and asked to get the work done right away. His company is close to my house so I thought it would be worth giving them a shot. It would be nice to have a local apparently licensed contractor to call on. We have a big home that always needs some work performed. After that Saturday meeting where I walked away expecting the work to be scheduled within a day, I didn't hear anything until Tuesday, May 2 at 7:59am (9-days after first meeting). He texted me out of the blue and said, "Is it ok to wash the house today sorry for the short notice lost phone had to restore messages and find your number." I was at work and no one was home, but I said ok. I had to coordinate with my neighbor to get access to the side of our house and get someone over to move furniture off of the deck, etc., etc. to accommodate the last minute schedule. I spent at least an hour trying to get everything ready for them. Then later that morning I got a text from him saying, "A little to cold and windy today let's hold off sorry it hard w ladders and wind plus spraying want to be safe looks good mow but will play by ear thanks." The story continues to the following day, April 3 (10-days after our initial meeting). I sent him a text message saying, "the Weather looks good today. Are u coming by?" At 7:34 am he texted me and said, "We will be there tmrw thx." I'm sure you guys can see where this is going... Anyhow at 6:29am the following day April 4 (11 days after our first meeting), I texted him asking if he would be cleaning our house. I did not get any response. At 5:12pm I got home and saw that no work had been performed. No text. No phone calls. No nothing. I texted him at 5:12pm and said, "It is disappointing that you promised to be here today and then don't show or message. I only work with people I can trust. I will find someone that is more reliable to wash the house." I received a call from him at 5:15 pm. When I answered he said his crew was on a job yesterday and their trucks were broken into and $5K of equipment was stolen. Hard to say if that was true or not as I was thinking over my experience with him to this point: 1. He lost his phone, which is why he didn't call me initially. 2. The weather was too windy when in fact the weather was excellent that day. I have a weather station on my home that tracks wind, temperature and humidity. I actually transmit that data to NASA, NOAA and about 300 other sources every 5 minutes. He was also the one that suggested coming by that day to do the work... 3. His trucks were broken into, which is whey they weren't here today. They may be a fine company. I have no idea if the work they do is good or not. I can only report my experience with this contractor and base my opinion of my decades of experience working with contractors. They lost a customer in me forever.

Description of Work
Power wash my home. 3 story brick/block.

Category pressure washing

[Member Name Removed] it'[Member Information Removed] very unfortunate that you feel this way sorry for whatever inconvenience we may have caused you. As far as the work goes nobody ever tried selling you anymore services that you didn't ask for in fact I never even gave you a price on the sealing of the Brick. The truth is you were looking for a lot for a little which Is a service I cannot provide sorry that things went this route and sorry for any and all inconvenience we may have caused. There are some people and relationships that are better off left alone and this was one of those this is why when we talked again I said thanks for the opportunity but we cannot fulfill the promise of taking on the job at this point thanks again for the opportunity take care Erick yarus

04/03/2017

Blake C.

Erick was by far the most responsive and attentive service provider I've worked with. Couldn't ask for someone to stick to their word more. Very satisfied!

Description of Work
First Look handled snow removal and salting for my association (26 free standing units).

Category snow removal

01/16/2017

Gwynda J.

Terrible! First snow day, they came sometime during the night. I looked out the front window and saw they had come. I was elated until, my daughter and I went out the back door on our way to church and snow was everywhere in the back: porch and path to garage. I text and when we returned home the front was re-shoveled and the back was cleared. During the day, it continued to snow. The next morning, again the front was cleared. I opened the back door to go to therapy and to my surprise, snow was again on the porch and to the garage. I notified them, they denied and said it was a snow drift. I reviewed my security camaras; they came to the front but not the back for $2,400 seasonal. I would expect front and back to be cleared without me calling to say you missed the back and debating. I cancelled service. Some jobs too small. Silly of me to agree to pay $2,400 for a single home. Being disable, I did not want to think about it and willing to pay, they were unable to deliver.

Description of Work
Seasonal Snow Removal ( November - April) Maybe my project was too small for their snow removal service. I am disable and looking for snow removal for my home. I hired them for seasonal snow removal for when it snows over 1 inch.

Category snow removal

01/13/2017

Bill W.

Done while I was away job appears nice and they cleaned up nicely after themselves

Description of Work
Ceiling painted after repair work done to roof by condo association

Category interior painters

12/28/2016

Caroline D.

They were very friendly, not bothersome at all, were in and out within a day and everything looks great! They put in new drywall, sealed it, and even matched paint for me. Very thorough work all around.

Description of Work
My condo has had a leaky roof and moisture was coming in from interior brick walls. I had quite a bit of water damage on the ceiling in my living room, bathroom, and bedroom.

Category drywall, interior painters

12/26/2016

Molly W.

I wrote a good review at the time the steps job was finished. However, two months later, take a look at this picture taken today, (12-26-2016 below) about two months after the job was completed. if you cannot see the .jpeg, below, here is a description: The steps are completely blistered, peeling and we will need to redo this job come the spring. When the snow melted today, the paint was coming off in big sheets. Clearly it looks like the painters did not prep the work correctly or the wrong paint was used. Something very wrong has occurred here.

Description of Work
We needed our front steps cleaned up, sanded and repainted. He also power washed and restained the deck and did some unfinished carpentry in our back yard. The deck and carpentry seem to be okay. The front steps are another story; see below.

Category contractors, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

[Member Name Removed] it is very unfortunate that this happened not sure what went wrong here as we only use the best product Sherwin Williams. I told u over the phone all my work is guaranteed and that I would gladly come and fix whatever mistakes were made at no cost to you. You have the extra paint that was left over and we will look there first to see if the right paint was given from the store then we will address accordingly thanks for understanding and being patient thru the holidays. However it is unfortunate to be that you would leave a review like this when I have been nothing but responsive and willing to address at no cost thanks a have a great new year talk soon you have my number

12/20/2016

MELANIE C.

All jobs were completed with no surprises or issues. Whenever a glitch (which always happens) did present itself, it was always addressed and taken care of immediately. Overall, every job was handled above and beyond my expectations. So refreshing!

Description of Work
Painting - interior and exterior, drywall repairs, and general maintenance.

Category pressure washing

10/25/2016

Siquan C.

Overall we are very happy with Erick and his crew's work. Erick responded promptly whenever any question came up and the crew usually are very punctuate for showing up for work. They willingly fixed things we were not happy about. Bernard is especially careful and diligent with his painting and tiling work. We are pleased!

Description of Work
We hired Erick for a few projects around the house: rebuild the front porch; power wash and paint front post and cornice; patch and paint two leaked bedroom ceilings; patch and paint a skyline; repaint bathroom ceiling and kitchen; lay tiles for half bathroom.

Category decks, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

10/04/2016

Duncan S.

I was very pleased. Their quote was reasonable both in its initial form and as things evolved as swork was added/dropped. The work was done on time and well done -- and they were willing to fix up amy problems noted.

Description of Work
I hired them for exterior painting of a wood porch, fascia and windows; and metalwork; and for power washing and refinishing of a deck. I subsequently was pleased and added some spot tuckpointing.

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

07/19/2016

Deanna D.

I use 1st Look for power washing of my home, yard & decks. I have used other companies but this by far was my best experience! The job was done beyond my expectations. They were very careful and made sure every spot was done perfectly! They were very friendly and always on time. I found them to be trustworthy, reliable and very professional looking and kind. The prices you can't find better anywhere else. I also use them in the winter for snow removal along with other family memebers and friends and I have only heard great things from everyone. I will DEFINETLY be using them again for powerwashing, snow removal and other services they offer.

Description of Work
I used 1st Look for the Powerwashing of my home, yard and decks. They also refinished my decks which look brand new! Everything was done beyond my expectations. They were very careful and made sure they did not miss anything. I was very impressed and plan on using them again not only for Powerwashing but their other services. They are my new go to company! I also have used them in the winter along with family and friends for snow removal and I was very impressed!

Category pressure washing, snow removal

07/16/2016

Chris F.

Looks great, these are some friendly dudes as well. I am very pleased with the outcome of this project.

Description of Work
Pressure wash 3 floors of porches (front and back) and painted the porches

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing, roof snow removal, snow removal, house painters, interior painters

Jag Tax Management

JAG Tax Management and Financial Services has 35 years in the tax industry. We settle your tax debt for the least possible amount and get you back on track with the IRS and State so that levies and garnishments don't interfere with your life. We're #1 at getting the best resolutions, whether it be back taxes, payroll, un-filed taxes, etc. You name it, we handle it when it comes to taxes of financial services. So stop stressing and call us now.

Quality Prestige Painting

We guarantee your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service. Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Prime Time Window & Gutter Cleaning Inc

Over 50,000 satisfied customers since 1996, we are the premier home improvement company in Chicago and the surrounding areas. Prime Time Window Cleaning provides the best residential home and commercial property services at the most competitive price. Our goal is to make each customer a raving fan and to earn not only their business, but also that of their friends, neighbors, and relatives. If you are not satisfied with our service to your home, you simply do not have to pay! Contact Prime Time Window Cleaning for your window washer Chicago services, as well as other exterior projects, such as gutter cleaning and power washing. We look forward to helping your home look its best! Book an appointment today at 800-480-1360.

Offers Coupon

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal, Financing

Power Washing. Painting Interior & Exterior. Deck Cleaning & Staining. Window Washing. Awning Cleaning. Canopy Washing. Sidewalk Gum Removal. Parking Lot Striping. Indoor Parking Garage. Snow Plowing & Removal. Mobile Truck Washing.