Deciding on a material for your next masonry project? Concrete blocks and bricks share some advantages but have key differences. This guide breaks it down.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Caldwell, ID
There are 1 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Masonry Reviews in Caldwell
- Somerset Painting & Professional ImprovementsThings went well as Nosh called several times to ask me what I wanted done and he asked me to send him pictures so that he could view the problem be hand.
- Todd Sorenson MasonryHe did an excellent job. He matched the stucco perfectly and smoothed everything extremely well. He cleaned up after the job was done and I would definitely hire him again. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
- Cornerstone MasonryMike's prices were much below other bidders. So low in fact we questioned his ability and orginally let the bid to another more expensive mason. Bad move on our part, the other mason never called back or showed up which is typical of masons. Mike always returned our our calls, showed up EVERYDAY, on time and worked all day long. None of that show up at 10 and leave at 2 stuff!!. He was good in letting us know in advance when we could not work due to other committments. The quality of his work was very, very good and any issues we had at all were our fault. We have built several houses and Mike is one of the two best masons we have ever used. Caution: don't send him too much work because we have more for him to do (LOL
- Kleensweep Chimney and MasonryAnthony rebuilt 100 yr-old fireplace a few years ago with his own design and it works beautifully. He also did some stone work on house. Returned this month to have chimney swept but it didn't need cleaning, which he informed us of. It did need a damper with liner, which weren't installed originally because owner/builder chose not to add since didn't need them to meet code. Very pleased with work done. He has done a lot of work in the North End. He made a few changes to our scheduled meeting, but always called to make sure first. He knew we were flexible with times. Very fair, knowledgeable with older chimneys, conscientious and a hard worker. Will most definitely use in future
- Precision MasonryI contacted Precision Masonry to give us an estimate on what we had in-visioned for the space. Jed came out, on time, and discussed with us our ideas and said he would send a sketch and estimate via email, which he did within the time he stated. We were happy with the sketch and estimate and scheduled the work. He contacted me with a revised schedule of a sooner date, wow, what customer service! Under promise and over deliver! They arrived when stated and listened to our wishes for the project and completed the work within the stated time frames, actually and day and half earlier then promised, great! The finished work looks fantastic! I would use them again and recommend them to anyone who asked and has asked after seeing the work
- The Garden Artist, LLCThe job was complete, but not with shortcuts made, gaslighting done on customer, and very slow to non responsive with issues they were contractually and ethically obligatory to help with. The design is beautiful but that’s all I am truly satisfied with. I’m not a high maintenance type.
- Cornerstone MasonryCalled Cornerstone on a weekday morning, based on reviews from this list. Did not hear back until 9:45 p.m. that evening. I thought it was a bit late for him to call but he was pleasant. I told him I wasn't in a huge rush but wanted to get this job done so I could paint the house. He said he would call me back to schedule an appointment for him to do an estimate. About a week later he called. By then I had already gotten an estimate from and scheduled the work with another contractor. It shocked me that in this economy businesses can appear so uninterested in getting work. I guess masons are always too busy. To be fair to Cornerstone, he was about the fifth company I had tried to get an estimate from, with no luck until I found BJ's Chimney & Foundation Repair
- Cornerstone MasonryI called for a quote on chimney repair and the guy came to the house to look at the job. He was perfectly friendly - no complaints there. He promised to call back with a quote that evening. I didn't hear back for a day or so and had received a substantially lower quote, so I didn't hire him. Still waiting for good weather to get the job done
- Safer chimney llcThis was by far the worst experience I have been through with a contractor. The following points summarize my experience: 1. Shawn (the contractor from SaferChimney) rebuilt the chimney crown knowing that a strorm was due that evening (I informed him in the morning). The worked failed at 11:00 P.M. causing numerous pieces to hit the roof. I should note that Shawn did not think the work required a cover to protect it from the storm. Shawn and his son tried to correct the chimney damage the following morning. They did not protect the roof from concrete dust and they did not adequately clean the roof. Several weeks later, I noticed that concrete had adheared to the asphalt shingles, discoloring a large section of the roof. There is no effective way to clean concrete off asphalt shigles. 2. Shawn replaced my dryer vent after completing the chimney work. I inspected the vent after he left and discovered that the installation was wrong; the pipes were facing the wrong direction, screws were used to join the pipes, poor connection to the outside exhaust, and excessive bending (four 90 degree bends) in the flexible pipe section. The city of Boise informed me that dryer duct replacement requires a permit and that SaferChimney does not have the appropriate license to perform the work. A city inspector came to look at the vent and said it is not to code; in addition, he said that SaferChimney could not correct the work without a license. 3. Forms still need to be removed from the chimney. On two separate occassions, I scheduled time with Shawn to have the forms removed. Each time I left work 2 hours early to meet him. He did not show up on either occassion. I should note that on one occassion the appointment was confirmed 4 hours previously. 4. On multiple occassions Shawn has appeared dishonest. For example, he stated that he has installed numerous dryer vents, however, the vent he installed in my house was not to code and violated the installation instructions for the Whirlpool dryer that is in the room. In addition, it has been difficult to determine who owns SaferChimney and get resolution to the stated problems
- Kleensweep Chimney and MasonryAnthony repaired my bricks, but took my money and chimney flue insert and never returned to finish the job. He stood me up 5 times during scheduled appointments, and refuses to answer any communication this last week when I ask him to finish the job. He has so many excuses, demands money before getting parts, then keeps the money and doesn't install the part. Now my chimney has less parts than when I started, because he has my property or has sold it to someone else. I do not trust him, and am so disappointed I gave him a chance
Last update on July 5, 2020
Masonry Contractors in Caldwell
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Question by Guest_9880981: How much does it cost to repoint a brick house in metro New York City?
Well-maintained concrete steps can last for decades—but cracks happen. Luckily, the cost to repair them doesn’t have to break the bank, especially if you DIY.
Find masonry contractors in
- New Plymouth,
- Hidden Springs,
- Garden City,
- Horseshoe Bend,
- Robie Creek,
masonry contractors in Caldwell
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Nova Concrete LLC12559 Herrick St
Caldwell, Idaho 83607
- Nova Concrete LLC
- Dirty Ducks LLCPO Box 114
Kuna, Idaho 83634
- Dirty Ducks LLC
- Fitzgerald Mechanical & PlumbingP.O. Box 3031
Nampa, Idaho 83653
- Fitzgerald Mechanical & Plumbing
- Hidden Services Co.3040 Elder Street
Boise, Idaho 83705
- Hidden Services Co.
- IRON STONE CLEANING1333 LAKE HAZEL RD
Boise, Idaho 83705
- IRON STONE CLEANING
- JM ENTERPRISE4452 Oxbow Pl
Boise, Idaho 83713
- JM ENTERPRISE
- Legends Landscaping5325 Airport Rd
Nampa, Idaho 83687
- Legends Landscaping