Thinking about hiring a contractor to help you accomplish a home improvement project? Don't forget to ask these 10 simple questions before you hire.
Get matched with top general contractors in Cedar Rapids, IA
There are 3 highly-rated local general contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Cedar Rapids
- R&P CONSTRUCTION LLCWe were referred to Paul with R&P Construction from another local contractor back in February. I requested a quote from Paul by phone to replace our wooden soffitt (DIY by the previous homeowner...) with aluminum. He called me and texted me to let me know he got my message, and he emailed me the quote within a few days. He was very reasonably priced and great at communicating (which I love from any contractor!!). They were able to come in April (4/21/2020) and do the work. He had a few guys with him and they replaced our soffit within two hours of arriving. It looks incredible!! SUCH an improvement. The crew cleaned up after themselves and Paul was very kind to speak with. I hope we get to hire them again for other projects in the future! Would definitely recommend to others
- Casper Building Services, LLC.Excellent! I gave him a very rough drawing of what I was hoping for and he was able to reproduce exactly! He even had some cost-effective tips for building, such as customizing a premade cabinet instead of making one from scratch.
- RENEW Residential Services LLCWe were BLOWN AWAY with the service we received from Renewal! They came to give us a bid/estimate within 24 hours of our initial call. They started work the very next day and had it all completed (including paint they matched to the very old paint in our basement!!!) within 3 business days. They completed the siding patchwork in 1-2 days. We were listing our home for sale, so affordability, speediness, and quality were a must! They delivered beyond expectation in all of the above! The were RESPONSIVE when we reached out with questions, and communication was great through the whole process. (We called around 5 p.m. with a question once and they were at the house within 30 min. of our call to check it out!) I would recommend them to anyone and everyone I know who needs some work to be completed
- Socelvic CoAlessandro was our contractor and I couldn't have been happier with the process from start to finish. We agreed to a direct cost of work based upon hours required, and his estimate was reasonably close to the total project charge. He was always accessible and kept me updated almost daily on the status. The crews showed up daily right on time, and were both courteous and careful in ensuring that access points to the attic remained clean. It was clear that all workers on the job took pride in the company and in their work. They carefully listened to our requests and provided good recommendations on finer points of the project that enabled us to remain within our budget. This was the first of a few projects we have in mind, and I definitely plan to work with them again in the future
- Zubak ConstructionHe responded quickly and communicated well. He answered all questions effectively about the house. The door frame was completed in a timely manner.
- JB Construction and Handyman ServicesJames charges by the hour. We bought the materials needed. James will also buy the materials and bill you. He is prompt and professional. We will hire JB Construction for other home projects in the future. We will recommend JB Construction to anyone who needs general construction completed.
- RENEW Residential Services LLCMike and the crew at Renew were very professional and thorough. They answered all my questions before and after the work was completed. I would not hesitate to use them again. Very happy customer.
- Custom Construction IncMark Hansen and his team did an excellent job - I simply asked for a roof replacement and he went above and beyond in many ways. He took the job with only a day or two notice which really helped me out because I had a deadline from the bank for getting a new roof. They arrived promptly each day, were clear on communicating what to expect and kept the yard very neat and clean throughout the week-long job. Mark improved our home's attic ventilation and hardly charged us for it. He also improved our home's curb appeal by removing old vents from the front of the house and installing the new vents so that they couldn't be seen from the street. He replaced trim in a few areas where the wood had rotted and charged very reasonably for it. He was friendly and great to work with and made it easy for a first-time homeowner looking for quality at a reasonable cost. He certainly earned my recommendation
- Steve EisenmengerThis project is nearly complete and has been a wonderful experience. Steve is great to work with, very knowledgeable, works to high standards, and works very quickly. Other people he's brought in have been at that same standard. Wonderful to work with. Steve came in after my catastrophe with a previous contractor. He knew just what to do and helped me choose materials and solutions. He let me know when things would be needed, where good materials might be found, and even went with me to advise on purchases and used his own truck to help transport materials. I think my home will be a beautiful showplace when it's all done
- Lanes ConstructionI'd worked with them in the past, so when I knew I was placing the order for the window, I called them for an estimate on installation costs. They worked with me on selecting an appropriate window, and emailed a detailed, printable PDF estimate with an itemized report of parts and labor, at which point I scheduled the beginning of the job. Danny is a true craftsman, bringing a level of professionalism to carpentry that's increasingly harder to find. Whenever I need work done, he works with me through the options for work and materials to make the most appropriate choice for the job and its final look, and everything always ends up looking flawless. Highly recommended
Last update on July 22, 2020
Contractors in Cedar Rapids
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Prepare your property for winter with these simple tips to protect your home and maybe even save you some money on energy bills in the coming months.
Experts caution homeowners to be realistic and thoroughly evaluate DIY projects before tackling them on their own.
Find general contractors in
- Mount Vernon,
- Center Point,
- Central City,
- North Liberty,
general contractors in Cedar Rapids
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- DeNeve Construction7500 Towerstone Ct
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52411
- Don Jeffrey Construction3719 Johnson Ave
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52405
- Done Done Services5001 J St SW Suite B
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
- Lynn Hughes Siding2610 Granite Court NE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402
- R&P CONSTRUCTION LLC392 21st St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52403
- RENEW Residential Services LLCPO Box 10392
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52410
- RICK'S MOBILE HOME REPAIR1100 WILEY BLVD NW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52405
- Sabre Solutions C.R.P.O. Box 9306
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52309
- DeNeve Construction
- Casper Building Services, LLC.1212 Dubuque Rd
Marion, Iowa 52302
- Casper Building Services, LLC.
- D & B Property Services, LLC880 Robins Rd
Hiawatha, Iowa 52233
- D & B Property Services, LLC
- Ideal Windows, Doors & Siding4701 10TH AVE
Marion, Iowa 52302
- Ideal Windows, Doors & Siding
- Lanes Construction315 W 2nd St
VINTON, Iowa 52349
- Lanes Construction
- Nick Roberts Construction1438 F Ave
Marengo, Iowa 52301
- Nick Roberts Construction
- Quality Home Repair1324 5th St C
Coralville, Iowa 52241
- Quality Home Repair
- S & R Construction Inc1155 275th St
Masonville, Iowa 50654
- Select Construction Inc695 49th St
Marion, Iowa 52302
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire 03884
- Sueppel's Siding & Remodeling LLC2007 Glendale Rd
Iowa City, Iowa 52245
- S & R Construction Inc
- Weber Paint & Glass Inc660 10th St
Marion, Iowa 52302
- Weber Paint & Glass Inc