Whether you’re looking to replace your chain link fence or just want it gone, find out how to remove a chain link fence here.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Cedar Rapids, IA
There are 6 highly-rated local fence companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Fence Installation Contractor Reviews in Cedar Rapids
- D & N FenceD & N gave me what I needed to repair the fence for free!!!! I certainly didn’t expect that.. Thanx !!!
- D & N FenceThey got to our job more quickly than they had predicted. The fence was completed quickly, seems sturdy, and looks terrific. They worked with us to come up with a solution for avoiding a manhole that was right on the property line where the fence should have gone. We had decided on one work-around at the time of the estimate, but decided before it was installed that we wanted to change it, and they could not have been nicer or more accommodating about the change. We called ahead of time, and were told that it would not be a problem, and just to talk to the installers when they came. The day of installation we discussed it with the installers, and they made suggestions, listened to our concerns, and came up with a workable solution. The final installation looked exactly as expected. My only (minor) complaint is that they could have cleaned up after themselves a bit better, as they left several large pieces of the vinyl covered chain link on the ground in various places around the edges of the fence. All in all they did an excellent job, and we are very happy with the fence
- Cook Fence CompanyI called Cook fence for an estimate. The estimator came to my house on schedule and he was very professional and courteous. He listened to my concerns and explained different options. He also mentioned about locating property pins..Within a few days, I received an estimate by mail. Cook's estimate was somewhat higher than another provider. So I did not go with Cook's fence for the installation
- D & N FenceThey are amazing. They were efficient, answered all my questions, and coudnt have done it any better.
- Cook Fence CompanyI am so happy with my fence, the guys did a great job! They came when they said they would and cleaned up after! Even came a did a little adjustment for me! I would recommend this company to everyone, the quailty says it all!!
- Cook Fence CompanyContacted them and scheduled a visit to plan the job. Had a drawing to agree on within a week of the visit with a fair price. Scheduling was 1 month after the agreement and the 30% downpayment. They called ahead the day before and then I did a walkthrough with the crew in the morning to talk about all the details and options. Very pleasant and professional crew. Finished the work in one day and left me a small pile of branches in the yard. They spread the dirt from the digging around inconspicuously. Looks great and functions as expected. Came back to close a 6" gap a few days later and I was informed ahead that they would have to charge a little for that adjustment. Not a big deal. We plan to use them to enclose another space very soon. Highly recommended. Billing was easy -- used a credit card
- Cook Fence CompanyThe two man crew that arrived was very efficient. They put up 286 ft of fence in 6 hrs. They were great!
- Cook Fence CompanyI was very happy with the whole experience. After my initial call, they came and provided an estimate. They performed the installation sooner than expected - original time frame was 3 weeks. I made a last-minute change to the size of one gate and it was not a problem. The crew (3 men) showed up early and I walked through the plan to confirm with the lead person. Then they got right to work. They didn't have a problem when I came out to see how it was coming. I also asked them a few questions throughout the installation and they were very nice and provided good answers. They cleaned up after themselves and didn't leave a mess. I am very pleased with the result
- D & N FenceThe folks from D and N Fence Co came out promptly to give us an estimate. (As opposed to 2 other companies - one didn't showed up, another came but never sent an estimate). After we scheduled the work they showed up on the day they said they would - even a little earlier then they promised. They finished the work in about 4 days. The fence looks very nice and is very sturdy because they set every post in concrete. They left us with extra planks in case we need to repair the fence. They also put a fence in at my Mom's new house in the fall of 2012 and she is very happy with it. She consulted with them a little more than we did because she wasn't sure which fence to install. She felt they gave very good advice. She had a chain link fence installed around her large backyard. They completed it in about a day and a half
- D & N FenceWent very well, I gave them the measurements. And they made the gates I needed for my project
Last update on August 13, 2022
Fence Contractors in Cedar Rapids, IA
Deals in Cedar Rapids for Fence Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fence installation articles
What are you looking for in a fence—durability, a long life span, customization? Consider these differences between wood vs. vinyl fences.
You don’t need a pro to install estate-style fencing around your property. Use this guide to learn how to install a wrought iron fence on your own to save money.
Find fence companies in
- Mount Vernon,
- Center Point,
- Central City,
- North Liberty,
Fence Companies in Cedar Rapids, IA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- D & N Fence4000 Blairs Ferry Rd NE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52411
- Don Jeffrey Construction3719 Johnson Ave
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52405
- Done Done Services5001 J St SW Suite B
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
- Life Time Fence Company Inc6009 16th Ave SW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
- Sabre Solutions C.R.P.O. Box 9306
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52309
- D & N Fence
- buckman construction1303 Whipple Court
North Liberty, Iowa 52317
- buckman construction
- Fencing Solutions3305 270th St
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa 50158
- Fencing Solutions
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
Slocomb, Alabama 36375
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Iowa City Landscaping and Garden Center520 Highway 1 West
Iowa City, Iowa 52246
- Iowa City Landscaping and Garden Center
Fencing contractors that service Cedar Rapids
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.