Excellence In Carpentry

Founded 1983 • With Angi since May 2012

PO Box 2287

Suwanee, GA 30024

Works alone - a specialized home craftsman with A+ rating from BBB who is skilled in reparing most of what is broken, or remodeling pretty much anywhere or anything. I do exceptional interior painting. I'm specialized in bathroom upgrades, including tile. I'm also an expert in water damaged repairs, including outdoor wood rot. I am a problem solver and have worked in homes for over 30 years. I'm concerned with what the customer wants and always seek to please. I can do almost anything, and I know quality subcontractors if additional help is needed. If it cannot be done, I will refer the job out to a reputable contractor....

07/16/2020

Fran S.

Close in wall, install french doors, and paint

Description of Work
Excellent craftsmanship. Very happy with the work.

Category remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, doors

05/11/2020

Michael W.

The project included replacing all fixtures, bathtub, shower, toilet, flooring, doors, painting. Total remodel. As has been the case for the past 24 years he has done work for me, Gary Talbot, Owner and operator of Excellence in Carpentry, completes the projects in a highly professional manner with a wonderful finished product. Gary has built decks for me, installed recessed kitchen lighting and more all with an amazing attention to detail. I have recommended Gary’s work to many friends over the years who found similar results. I think he is extremely talented

Description of Work
Complete Remodel of my master bathroom

Category home remodeling

Thank you [Member Name Removed].

04/29/2020

Patricia D.

For over 20 years Gary has performed carpentry and numerous very complex interior and exterior projects including major additions to our home and fixes to things that happen to an aging home: crown molding, a new kitchen in the basement, cabinets rebuild, new room where there had been a screened in porch, put in a new bathroom in the basement he finished, etc etc. He is a master of his craft and Very honest, so much so that we Have him a key to our house. If you use him you won’t regret it.

Description of Work
Leak in ceiling and fixed door

Category bathtub refinishing, handyman service

04/25/2020

Pat D.

Gary is an excellent contractor who has done work for us for over 20 years. I can not recommend him highly Enough first of all because of the incredible work but even more so because of his honesty and integrity. We have trusted him with our house key, which he has had for over 15 years. If you use him you will be glad you did. Jerry Drago

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category handyman service, remodeling

04/25/2020

Charles R.

Everything is going great when he's finished the value of the house will be much greater. This is my first home and it's very exciting to come home and see a brand new house. It really doesn't look like a house that was built in the 1970's anymore.

Description of Work
interior painting, redid screen porch, put in new shower, painted outside rails, installed new lighting in the hallway, Now he's removing old carpet and installing brand new flooring in the entire house, he is also helping me with my new man cave.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, sunrooms

07/13/2019

Marti P.

Gary was thorough, efficient and friendly. He did everything on my list in a timely manner. There is a reason for all his good reviews, and I will absolutely call on him again when I need more jobs completed around the house. And one more thing that is a big deal—he is punctual. Gary showed up on time in both instances when he said he would AND he returned phone calls within the time frame he stated on his website.

Description of Work
Grab/safety bars were installed in enclosed showers, a pot rack was added in the kitchen, bar/latch locks were placed on all entrance doors, strike plates were reinforced, a running toilet was repaired, and drywall was patched from electrical work that had been done.

Category handyman service

08/10/2018

Malcolm H.

Very good work. Took a long time to get completed. Would use again

Description of Work
Replaced exterior window trim and hung porch swing.

Category woodworking

12/14/2017

Dana T.

KUDOS to Gary at Excellence In Carpentry. He was on time, professional and has excellent customer service. After a botched job from another contractor Gary came to my rescue. He helped me salvage most of my materials saving me money and installed my baseboard molding with precision. He is definitely a skilled craftsman and knows what he is doing. I am glad Gary came my way. For your carpentry needs please call Gary at Excellence In Carpentry!!!

Description of Work
Baseboard Molding

Category contractors, woodworking

09/05/2017

Carolyn K.

It went great! Gary worked hard all day. He even went beyond because he had to trim some tall bushes away to get to the fascia near the end of the yard. I'd definitely use him again

Description of Work
Fascia board on side of house needed replacing and additional Flashing put in, then paint. Repair soffet area underneath where it had started to have problems because of the roof leak. Paint the front fascia board. Repair 4/5 ft. Of hanging ceilin sheetrock.in a headroom.

11/07/2016

Thomas M.

Gary did an excellent job patching some wood damage and repairing two casement windows

Description of Work
Window and soffit repairs.

08/11/2016

Melissa C.

Very well. Gary is very busy but very good at communicating his availability in advance. Each of my calls were returned within the day. The work was completed thoroughly with high detail. He was careful to ask my preference when new additions were made. This was nice because not all contractors ask before making a decision that could affect how you see your home for years to come. Site clean up was also thorough. All in all, it was the best home work I have had completed since buying my new place and that was refreshing.

Description of Work
Installation of a cabinet in my living room

Category

04/03/2016

Anthony S.

Gary was very responsive and called back the same day. The crown molding job we needed done was only about an hour worth of work, and he was able to fit us in the very next day. He communicated prices up front and the finished work was perfect. We will definitely call on him again and highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Finished crown molding in living room / office.

Category remodeling, woodworking

03/31/2016

James L.

If you are lucky enough to get on the schedule of this very talented professional trim carpenter, you will not be disappointed. Excellent is the word for his work. Diagnoses the problem and solves it quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Fixed 5 exterior doors that were either sticking badly or installed improperly

Category contractors, woodworking, house painters, doors

03/21/2016

Charmaine B.

Provided estimates, materials and work on time.

Description of Work
Installed new jab for garage entry door

Category contractors, doors

03/21/2016

Daniel C.

Customer showed up and did a good job. It was worth the money spent.

Description of Work
Installed wood trim in basement

01/27/2016

Mark C.

Installed engineering grade extra studs as identified by obvious early failure and engineer & cross braced all load bearing walls. Cleaned up afterward and patched several drywall dents. Attentive to questions and meticulous in work.

Description of Work
reinforced load bearing walls in basement using recommendations of consulting & certified structural engineer.

01/16/2016

Paul P.

The day after we called, Mike Gervais (Gary's brother) came out to give us an estimate on the work. He was able to do the work the same day, taking pains to get our old door sealed and working correctly after purchasing the needed repair parts. It was clear that he wanted the job done right. We would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Adjustment/refitting of front door with placement of new weather stripping

Category contractors, handyman service, doors

01/13/2016

CHARLES W.

He is the ultimate professional, and is extremely detailed with his quality and craftsmanship. He's also extremely honest, so you'll get a fair price for great work. He's not the cheapest, but you can feel good about him being in your home and taking good care of you.

Description of Work
Gary has done several carpentry jobs for us in 2015, and is multi-talented in just about every area of home repair. Most recently he fixed damaged drywall and baseboards that were ruined by a roof leak.

Category contractors, handyman service, woodworking

01/10/2016

Alex P.

We contacted Mr. Talbot for an estimate a couple of weeks ago. We had some wood rot issues on the kitchen door (facing the deck) and the basement door facing the same (most exposed) side of the house. Mr. Talbot contacted us the very next day, although this was around Christmas! We agreed on an inspection day and he was very punctual (in fact he arrived a little early). He assured us that the issues we were having were pretty common and he told us what to expect. He promised he would contact us a few days later to schedule the actual repairs. He did so by phone a couple of days later. He called us 15 minutes before the agreed schedule time to let us know he would stop to get some supplies and that he would be arriving in 20 minutes. That is exactly when he arrived. Upon removing the threshold for the kitchen door he determined that the wood rot had spread more than we had anticipated and that the best course of action was to replace the whole door (the glass seal was also broken for this door and he pointed that out as well). He immediately contacted the hardware store and came up with a price for the new door and we agreed to go ahead with the door replacement. He went to the store and came back with the new door which he installed in what seemed to us as "no time". He repaired the floor first, of course (there was a little piece he had to insert below the threshold and support it from below, so it took some work from the basement end). The basement door was a little easier. Mr. Talbot took out the rotten pieces of the frame and replaced them with new water resistant material that he custom cut to size. At the end, for both doors he sealed everything nicely and made sure the door closed properly and everything was tight. No more issues from the elements! We are very very happy with the results. We were very impressed with Mr. Talbot's professionalism, his quick decision making abilities, with the speed and skill of his work, as well as with his tidiness and with how totally courteous and open was towards us. I would definitely recommend getting his services.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen door, repaired floor damage and repaired basement door

Category contractors, doors

01/01/2016

Jeffrey G.

Everything went well, the glass tiles we picked were difficult to cut at first, but Gary found a better workaround. Tiling turned out great.

Description of Work
Added Kitchen backsplash

Category contractors, ceramic tile

11/16/2015

Sue C.

Gary did a great job fixing our door. He is very polite and professional. The price is very reasonable.

Description of Work
Fixed our door.

Category woodworking

10/19/2015

Michelle L.

I cannot give a review because the provider/representative never showed up for the appointment! Gary C. called at 7:57 PM on Oct. 7th, and left a message. He called back the next day at 7:30 PM and we talked about the job description and scheduled an appointment. I was surprised when Gary C. did not show up for the appointment! I called to find out what happened (left a message) but never received a call back with an explanation. I will not work with this company because customer service is important and says a great deal about a company. Thank you.....

Description of Work
I made an appointment with this provider/representative, but the provider/representative never showed up.

Category contractors

I must respond to what you have written. First, my name is Gary T, not Gary C. That makes me wonder if you have the correct person/company. Second, if I made an appointment and did not show up (something I have never done in 30 years), and then you called me about it I most certainly would have called you back with an apology. But, if I tried to call you back and could not reach you, I would have given up after 3 tries if unable to reach you. My question to you: If you had not heard from me after you tried to call , why would you not try to reach me here at Angie's List to inquire if there was a problem? Again, I am wondering if you have the wrong company/person. What you describe does not sound anything like the way I do business. If you truly have the correct company/person and I did this, I am very sorry (and ashamed). Gary Talbot

09/23/2015

Paul H.

Reliable, thorough, quality work, mature, courteous

Description of Work
Framing for basement remodel

Category contractors, remodeling

08/26/2015

Zelda N.

Gary was very timely and completed the installation of the paneling on the bar area. He matched the stain so the new area would match the kitchen cabinets. It was a perfect job. He cleaned up after he had completed the work. Job well done.

Description of Work
Installed paneling on island bar area and stained.

08/11/2015

Rosemary R.

he showed up exactly on time - Did a great job of replacing the trim and cleaned up after the job.

Description of Work
Replaced trim along the outside of the fireplace with hardy board and repaint

Category contractors, woodworking

Smith Drywall & Painting

Artisan Custom Closets

Artisan Custom Closets is locally owned and operated. Artisan Custom Closets’ process provides clients with a happy, stress-free experience that results in a beautiful, high-quality custom closet that looks like it came straight out of the designer magazines (and doesn't cost an arm and a leg)! From the initial free design consultation at your home to selecting the final finish and accessories and having the system installed, we are there with you providing our space-planning expertise, input, and guidance. We have a total of 60 employees and we DO NOT use subcontractors. We, undoubtedly, have the most experienced design and installation team in the Atlanta market.

Offers by Artisan Custom Closets on Angi
    Riverside Painting

We are a full painting and home improvement company. How Riverside Painting is handling the COVID-19 Pandemic: - Here at Riverside Painting your health and safety is our number one priority! We are Following all of the Government protocols and recommendations along with the CDC and WHO to maintain a safe distance. - We are Cleaning and sanitizing all of our equipment as well as our crew wearing gloves and masks at all times. Please let us know how we can better serve you. *We have a MINIMUM of $860.00 for any work that we do, Company Policy.*

Offers by Riverside Painting on Angi

I am highly experienced in finish carpentry, drywall repairs, interior painting, tile (bathroom, kitchen), wood rot repair, installation of doors and windows, and minor plumbing and electrical. I can also build decks, entertainment centers, gazebos, kids' playhouses, treehouses, many other things. Please call to inquire about your project.

Installation of major plumbing, electrical systems and roofing systems, whole house exterior painting...works only metro Atlanta region.