DuncanAmerica

Founded 1999 • With Angi since November 2012

4479 45th St S

Saint Petersburg, FL 33711

We are a company founded on an all encompassing approach to your home and your lifestyle. In short, we do it all: Design, Construction, Renovation, Remodel, SmartHome, Landscape, Irrigation, and Graphic Design. Our principal philosophy is that the client's satisfaction and wishes are of primary importance. We are confident that we will meet, if not surpass, your expectations and provide you with service you will be proud to recommend to your neighbors and friends. Additional email- info@DuncanAmerica.com ...

05/06/2015

Kathy H.

I don't have time to go into everything. We discussed what we wanted, removing a 1970's kitchen, knocked down walls and make it absolutely beautiful. Brent also helped us select cabinets and finishes. We did some remodel work in the bathroom area as well and our guest house. They did what they said they were going to do. Honorable, hard working people. I understand they have moved their operation to Texas now.

Description of Work
Kitchen improvements- assisted us with an extensive kitchen remodel as well as bathroom work.

Category electrician, moving companies, remodeling, home remodeling

10/23/2014

Laura M.

Description of Work
Did not respond to my inquiry for service.

Category concrete repair, electrician, hardwood floor, remodeling, tree service

Good evening [member name removed], I sincerely apologize for not responding to you earlier. I recently moved back to Texas after a sudden, devastating family crisis/loss to manage the estate and other personal matters. As a result, I failed to review my AL requests regularly. While I am not available, I have a lot of resources/contacts I can refer to you to assist your needs. I will even work with them to ensure you get the price I would get as a contractor to help remedy my delinquency. If you choose not to remove your review since I, honestly, did not respond to you in a timely manner, I understand. ***I would, however, appreciate it if you could take a moment and revise the review and change the "Services Performed" to "No" rather than "Yes" since I did not actually perform any services.***

04/16/2014

Victor C.

Brent did an excellent job putting together and installing a new chandelier for our living room. It required the removal of an old chandelier, moving the junction box and centering it over a new table, and hooking up a new dimmer switch. He also removed two old wall sconces and replace them with new one, and installed a new light fixture in a bathroom. He had to patch the hole in the ceiling where the old chandelier was and matched the paint color (and popcorn), and he painted behind the wall sconces with new paint from our newly painted walls. He also when out and purchased new switch panels and light bulbs for all the lights. He wasn't phased when I asked him at the last minute to replace the dimmer switch even though he had to go out and buy more materials that I had neglected to get. He was very professional and tidy and took care not to damage our new furniture while he was working. We were very pleased with his work, and are asking him to bid on some additional electrical work as well as some finish wood work.

Description of Work
Removed, moved and installed a new chandelier and two wall sconces. Installed a new light fixture in a bathroom. Replaced a dimmer switch for the chandelier. Repaired all of the previous mounts and repainted the ceiling and walls where the sconces were.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lamp repair, lighting, plastering, interior painters

JOE K.

This work took pretty much the whole day. The owner, Brent Duncan, did the work himself. Brent is a capable, bright, and honest guy who does meticulous work, including clean-up. Everything works as desired, and Brent worked around my schedule (I work mostly out of my home) to get the job done well and promptly. There are cheaper firms out there, but Duncan charges a fair price for excellent work and so IMO represents a very good value.

Description of Work
Repaired or replaced a number of non-functioning lights and switches in and around the house, and added a few new ones. Work included a new GCFI plug on my deck, repair of a motion light outside, installing a new motion light on the other side of the house, installing a 4-way switch for my garage interior lighting, tracing and repairing wiring for another switch and a recessed can light, and installing or replacing two quad receptacles for additional outlets.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

JOE K.

Identified the wiring problems as related to insufficient sealing of old devices which allowed water intrusion. Didn't have to replace wiring from master electrical panel or shore-side subpanel to dock, which another electrician had recommended (at great expense). Took care of all the work in the better part of one day and even did a little carpentry to wooden light post (which looks great). Very pleased.

Description of Work
Repaired the electrical service on my dock. Work included replacement of burnt out GFCI receptacle and diagnosing/fixing wiring problem, relocating existing dock light w/ new switch, installing new light with a 2nd switch, and altering light post to suit.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, woodworking

JOE K.

This is the 3rd time I've had Brent Duncan out to do electrical work at my house - this time to add new lighting. Took him an entire day, and part of the next, while working around 3 guys installing new tile in the house. Did his usual meticulous job, including coming back another day to re-sand and rework the wall/mud repair in one room when he wasn't satisfied with it. Brent also came back again a week later to look at a couple of older switches in another room that weren't working anymore - he spent 3 hours here diagnosing the problem, which apparently had to do with a very odd wiring pattern that connected these switches to another switch (for a ceiling fan in another room) that he had moved when installing new switches the week before; he fixed the problem, and installed 2 new switches in a double box - all without charge. Now THAT is an honest man who stands behind his work!

Description of Work
Added a total of 8 recessed can lights in 3 different rooms, installing a new switch in one room and re-purposing existing switches in the other rooms, reconfigured switches in one of the larger rooms, moved an existing switch in another room to a better location (included drywall and mud work), and located the speaker wire run in the attic for a multi-room stereo system (when I replaced carpet with tile and needed to diagnose how the former owner had wired the stereo).

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting

08/07/2013

Kathy H.

First, all the work was EXCELLENT! The quality, thoroughness and thoughtfulness of it all was superior. I couldn't be happier with the results or Brent's management of the overall process. This is good on all fronts, but particularly when you understand the context that my wife and I live thousands of miles away; and I wasn't able to be on site but every once in a while. Brent was more than completely reliable to do the work. He has great design sense: helping us make some good, more current choices we might not otherwise have thought of - - using to scale drawings and clear photos so we'd know what he was thinking/we'd be getting. He searched for and made recommendations on fixtures and finishes that were a good balance of style and cost. He proposed next phases of work (which I had asked for) which will continue the update of the property and also increase it's value. I quickly trusted he would do the right thing. He gave me regular status reports and pictures; and was completely meticulous and transparent in his record keeping. He worked very well with me using the phone, email, the internet (drop-box) as I traveled for work and remained many miles away. He kept me involved in the process; and there were no surprises in results or costs. He set and stuck with the timeline; even with expansions in scope. He solved problems. He followed-up - - even months after when a part came in for a window that needed to be repaired (that he noticed after the work was finished when he was helping me by meeting a broker for a potential renter). I lived day to day with a remodel of my other house. While I got good results there too, it was a lot more difficult than working with Brent.

Description of Work
Partial remodel and full refresh of a 3400 square foot house. Complete gut and remodel of one bathroom; partial remodels of 2 bathrooms; complete update of the front entrance and landscape; tweak of lighting fixtures in the kitchen and dining room; refinish parquet floors; complete interior paint; refreshed pool area/cabana, refinished landscaping around the pool area; and numerous other refreshes and repairs.

Category electrician, hardwood floor, landscaping, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

08/04/2013

Randall D.

Everything went better than expected. The work was done quickly, I received a personal email everyday letting me know what had been accomplished each day and what I could expect the next day. Each day when I came home was awesome. Something new and complete each day and no sign of anyone having been in the house. There were even small things done that I didn't expect. I wasn't charged for the additional items, but could tell it was just and quot;stuff that needed to be doneand quot; and the team saw the need and got it done. I couldn't be happier with their service. We are currently talking about some major remodels to the home and I am looking forward to working with Duncan America again in the very near future!

Description of Work
Brent responded quickly to my call and let me know his availability. I needed some things done in a hurry around the house in order to prepare for a house full of guests. Brent went out of his way to ensure that Duncan America was there to meet my needs. We went over a list of home repair, electrical, and other needs and Duncan America was able to accomplish them all. I had lights hung, outdoor ceiling fans, indoor fans, pictures hung, and various other tasks in including a difficult chandelier in an awkward place and height.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans

06/04/2013

Joseph W.

Brent was a pleasure to work with... Met all deadlines for the projects and the work was fantastic. I would recomend him to anyone looking for some graphic design work. Two thumbs up!

Description of Work
Graphic design of menus and mailers, interior design (Mural on wall)

Category graphic designers

01/25/2013

Michael B.

Smooth from start to finish. Being new to the area, it's not always easy to find good trustworthy professionals to do the things you simply cannot do. However, we were lucky in-that Brent Duncan with DuncanAmerica was highly recommended to us by a work associate of my wife's. I called Brent on a Wednesday and within an hour or two he was able to put together and email me a comprehensive estimate based on our phone conversation. I already knew the standard rates for the type of work needed and he was right in the ballpark, maybe a little cheaper. I easily made my decision to hire him. And even though he had a big job coming up, he still managed to fit us in on the Friday just prior to his big job. The work to be done: Install 5 chandelier lighting fixtures (2 were quite large), 3 ceiling medallions (to go with some of the chandeliers) and 2 wall sconces. He also installed a new light/exhaust fan in one bathroom as well as switching out several light switches with new ones. Note: I supplied the lighting fixtures, medallions and sconces and a couple of switches. The bid included all labor, the light/exhaust fan, some switches and any other screws or miscellaneous materials needed to do these types of installs. Brent showed up right on time. He was friendly, well groomed and very polite. He asked me where I would like him to start and quickly got to work. I should mention that I own an older home (circa 1928) with plaster and lathe and many other things that can make working on it a challenge, but that was no deterrent to Brent. He made everything he did look easy. I later found out that he owns a home around the same age as ours and he completely renovated it himself from top to bottom. Brent did a fantastic job and we couldn't be happier. Our new lighting looks spectacular and our bathroom no longer fogs up like it used to now that we have the new light/exhaust fan. Brent does a lot more than just electrical and we intend on using his services in the near future for other projects. We highly recommend Brent Duncan with DuncanAmerica.

Description of Work
Brent Duncan with DuncanAmerica is Awesome!

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting