Knowing where your property lines are can help settle a dispute with a neighbor and even prevent an ugly legal battle. This guide will help you draw the line.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Lakeside, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Lakeside
- Terwilliger Landsurvey EngineersWe needed a survey for a home remodel, and Thomas was prompt and professional. He gave us a very fair quote for quality work. We definitely recommend his services.
- Meridian Geomatics, LLCMeridian Geomatics came to our property on June 3, 2021 to stake and find the corners for a garage project that we had. They were the best price and came within a reasonable timeframe to do the job. He was very kind, professional, and helpful in answering our questions. I REALLY didn’t want to have to write this review. Upon filing the Corner Record with the county, there seemed to be a typo in our APN on his paperwork. The county STILL doesn’t have the record in their system and I have been following up with John since December of 2021 to get this resolved. Here are John’s responses: December 8, 2021 “I will follow up with the county on recording.” June 17, 2022 “I haven’t heard anything from the county. I am headed home from vacation in Mexico and will follow up.” August 16, 2022 “Yeah I’ve dropped the ball on this. I’ll get it taken care of.” Since then, I have multiple ignored emails. I would love to see them resolve this so I can update/remove this review
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.After months of trying to figure out who or what type of company to use to do an EC, we used the CA state and San Diego Land Surveyor websites to narrow down what type of company and then further narrow down which company. We 'interviewed' three companies via email and phone conversations. Matt at Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc. responded to me without me having to contact him more than once as was the case with the other two companies. He was direct as to what he needed to do and the cost was within the range of the other two companies. After I submitted the EC to my insurance company, more information was needed. Matt promptly supplied tne needed information to my insurance company and the EC was approved and accepted
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.Contacted Matt by phone, but then did rest of correspondence on the computer. He faxed me a very thorough contract, which we signed and returned. We made an appointment for him to come to do the corner survey. Matt came out when promised, and started right away to do his job. He is a licensed Surveyor in the State of California and takes his job very seriously. Takes his timeand does a complete search before he is satisfied. We were very happy with his work, and would recommend him highly
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.We found Sawyer Land Surveying on Angie?s list. We want to install a fence around the front of our property and needed to have the boundary marked. Matt was very professional. He scheduled a time to meet, arrived on time, and got the job done. He didn?t cut any corners, in fact, he did more than we expected. We would hire him again if we had any more surveying needs. We initially thought the price was high but once we saw the work involved, we feel it was justified and a good value
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.We dealt directly with the owner of the agency, Matt Sawyer. Mr. Sawyer responded quickly to our initial email that expressed our interest in obtaining a corner record for our property. He explained, in person, what would be involved in this job and quickly set about to complete the corner record assignment for us. Mr. Sawyer was professional, made sure our questions were answered, provided education to us concerning property corners and boundaries and completed the work at our site within two days. We consider this job to have gone very well, thanks to Mr. Sawyer's skill and service
- JRN Land SurveyingJRN WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL. HE CAME WHEN HE SAID HE WAS COMING. ONCE HE WAS ON THE PROPERTY, HE WORKED FAST AND EFFICIENTLY.
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.When I contacted Sawyer Land Surveying I worked directly with the owner, Matt Sawyer, who was very professional. He has excellent communication skills. A contract was provided to me in advance of the work so there would be a clear understanding of the work to be performed and the price. A date and time was set for the service. When rain was forecast for the day the service was to be performed, Matt communicated with me that it would be best to push the date of service to the next week, if that did not cause me any problems. The day of the service he was punctual (yes, he showed up when he said he would!) and dressed professionally. The equipment he had with which to perform survey appeared to be state of the art GPS positioning equipment, not the old fashion tripod and scope. He was happy to explain how the system worked. He completed the survey he clearly marked the property boundaries with a surveying pin (which was marked with his license number). The pin is located in the center of an “X” etched in the sidewalk and alley so that the boundaries can always be located. Matt also walked around my block to locate other survey markings, as part of his research. At the completion of the survey Matt also filed a Corner Record to the County of San Diego so that the information will be on file. Matt then followed up by providing me a PDF copy of the Corner Record filed with the County so that I would have one for my records. Finally he contacted me to ensure I was satisfied with the service provided. I highly recommend Sawyer Land Surveying, and Matt Sawyer
- JRN Land SurveyingJIM ORIGINALLY QUOTED A FAIR PRICE. HE WAS A LITTLE SLOW RETURNING CALLS BUT DID AN EXCELLENT JOB ON TIME AT A VERY GOOD PRICE. I DEFINITELY SAVED MONEY.
- JRN Land SurveyingWe recently moved into our home and have an issue with our next-door neighbors who apparently had significantly encroached on our property with a large number of potted and in-ground plantings (e.g. tree ferns up against the side of our garage) reportedly with the permission of the previous owner. As we want to erect a fence, we wanted an accurate demarcation of our property line. I called Jim, left a message and he called back within 2 hours (the day before Thanksgiving) and made an appointment to perform the survey on Friday. After taking down my address Jim called back a few hours later to give me a cost estimate for the job; $750 for the survey and $300 to file the map with the county. Jim and his assistant arrived promptly at the appointed time and performed the survey on a hilly 11,000 sq ft. lot in approximately 2 1/2 hours. As we paid Jim in full that day he knocked $100 off the total cost. Less than 5 days later we received copies of the map he filed with the county
Last update on October 27, 2022
Land Surveyors in Lakeside
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Find land surveyors in
- El Cajon,
- La Mesa,
- Spring Valley,
- Lemon Grove,
- San Diego,
- National City,
- Chula Vista,
- La Jolla,
- Del Mar,
- Rancho Santa Fe,
- San Ysidro,
- Solana Beach,
- Imperial Beach,
- Santa Ysabel,
- Cardiff By The Sea,
land surveyors in Lakeside
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Meridian Geomatics, LLC4259 E Los Altos Rd
Gilbert, Arizona 85297
- Meridian Geomatics, LLC
- O'Brien Land Surveying1052 Fountain Pl
Escondido, California 92026
- O'Brien Land Surveying
- Ray drafting1619 golden gate ave
Chula Vista, California 91913
- Ray drafting
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.8427 Hovenweep Court
San Diego, California 92129
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.
- WALSH ENGINEERING & SURVEYING INC607 Aldwych Road
El Cajon, California 92020
- WALSH ENGINEERING & SURVEYING INC