Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Get matched with top land surveyors in El Cajon, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in El Cajon
- Terwilliger Landsurvey EngineersWe needed a survey for a home remodel, and Thomas was prompt and professional. He gave us a very fair quote for quality work. We definitely recommend his services.
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.After months of trying to figure out who or what type of company to use to do an EC, we used the CA state and San Diego Land Surveyor websites to narrow down what type of company and then further narrow down which company. We 'interviewed' three companies via email and phone conversations. Matt at Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc. responded to me without me having to contact him more than once as was the case with the other two companies. He was direct as to what he needed to do and the cost was within the range of the other two companies. After I submitted the EC to my insurance company, more information was needed. Matt promptly supplied tne needed information to my insurance company and the EC was approved and accepted
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.Matt spend 6 days completing our lot survey. It was not as expected but he stayed with his set contract price. He also is very detailed and professional and did an excellent job. As a bonus Matt is a really nice guy. We would highly recommend Matt / Sawyer land Surveying.
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.I needed a survey to help me determine if my neighbors neglected trees were encroaching on my property. Matt was easy to work with and very professional. He performed a survey of my property and filed the map with the city. He answered all of my questions, even when I called him with additional questions several months after the job was complete. He is a class act & I would recommend him based on his quality of work, professionalism, and his ability to effectively communicate the results of his surveys
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.My lot was surveyed in the 60's and the stakes were driven into the ground. No one knew were the lot lines really were. Mark was able to use the plat reference point to figure out where they should be and was able to find the original stakes that were about 6 inches underground. Mark was very professional and easy to deal with. He showed up when he said he would. It was harder than it sounds. Mark took some measurements and had to go back to his office to do some work. He came back the next day and dug up (exposed) all four corner stakes and marked then so I could find them. I would definitely use him again
- JRN Land SurveyingWe recently moved into our home and have an issue with our next-door neighbors who apparently had significantly encroached on our property with a large number of potted and in-ground plantings (e.g. tree ferns up against the side of our garage) reportedly with the permission of the previous owner. As we want to erect a fence, we wanted an accurate demarcation of our property line. I called Jim, left a message and he called back within 2 hours (the day before Thanksgiving) and made an appointment to perform the survey on Friday. After taking down my address Jim called back a few hours later to give me a cost estimate for the job; $750 for the survey and $300 to file the map with the county. Jim and his assistant arrived promptly at the appointed time and performed the survey on a hilly 11,000 sq ft. lot in approximately 2 1/2 hours. As we paid Jim in full that day he knocked $100 off the total cost. Less than 5 days later we received copies of the map he filed with the county
- JRN Land SurveyingJRN WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL. HE CAME WHEN HE SAID HE WAS COMING. ONCE HE WAS ON THE PROPERTY, HE WORKED FAST AND EFFICIENTLY.
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.Matt was excellent in all areas of working with him from when I first contacted him through receiving his final survey reports. He worked hard one whole day finding the needed posts (I am not sure of the terminology) and had preliminary results with the area we wanted to know the most. Then, he came back another day (this was before and after the 4th of July holiday) a few days later for another part of a day to finish. He was very accommodating because of our schedule since we live in another state and were there only a few days. His reports were very professional and detailed. He uses the newest survey equipment (which used six satellites for accuracy). We would definitely use Matt again and recommend him highly
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.Matt was very professional, thorough, and was willing to answer my many questions regarding the process and land boundaries in general. The work was done quickly and follow through was great. I originally only asked for a corner survey but then later needed a full topography survey for a landscape architect. Matt was the first and only person I called as I knew it would be done right, quickly and easily. I would definitely use Matt again
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.The subject lot is located in an old San Diego neighborhood and many corner markers cannot be located. Having said that, Mr. Sawyer's work was on time and on budget. The quote was competitive and Mr. Sawyer showed up on time as well completing the assignment on time. His services are well worth it and I will call him on future projects
Last update on April 5, 2022
Land Surveyors in El Cajon
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Buying a new home, building a new addition, or planning a new fence? It’s wise to survey your property. Here's how much it'll cost to hire a land surveyor.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
- Spring Valley,
- La Mesa,
- Lemon Grove,
- San Diego,
- Chula Vista,
- National City,
- San Ysidro,
- Imperial Beach,
- La Jolla,
- Del Mar,
- Rancho Santa Fe,
- Solana Beach,
- Cardiff By The Sea,
land surveyors in El Cajon
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Meridian Geomatics, LLC4259 E Los Altos Rd
Gilbert, Arizona 85297
- Meridian Geomatics, LLC
- O'Brien Land Surveying1052 Fountain Pl
Escondido, California 92026
- O'Brien Land Surveying
- Ray drafting1619 golden gate ave
Chula Vista, California 91913
- Ray drafting
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.8427 Hovenweep Court
San Diego, California 92129
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.