Knowing where your property lines are can help settle a dispute with a neighbor and even prevent an ugly legal battle. This guide will help you draw the line.
Get matched with top land surveyors in La Mesa, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in La Mesa
- Terwilliger Landsurvey EngineersWe needed a survey for a home remodel, and Thomas was prompt and professional. He gave us a very fair quote for quality work. We definitely recommend his services.
- Meridian Geomatics, LLCMeridian Geomatics came to our property on June 3, 2021 to stake and find the corners for a garage project that we had. They were the best price and came within a reasonable timeframe to do the job. He was very kind, professional, and helpful in answering our questions. I REALLY didn’t want to have to write this review. Upon filing the Corner Record with the county, there seemed to be a typo in our APN on his paperwork. The county STILL doesn’t have the record in their system and I have been following up with John since December of 2021 to get this resolved. Here are John’s responses: December 8, 2021 “I will follow up with the county on recording.” June 17, 2022 “I haven’t heard anything from the county. I am headed home from vacation in Mexico and will follow up.” August 16, 2022 “Yeah I’ve dropped the ball on this. I’ll get it taken care of.” Since then, I have multiple ignored emails. I would love to see them resolve this so I can update/remove this review
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.After months of trying to figure out who or what type of company to use to do an EC, we used the CA state and San Diego Land Surveyor websites to narrow down what type of company and then further narrow down which company. We 'interviewed' three companies via email and phone conversations. Matt at Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc. responded to me without me having to contact him more than once as was the case with the other two companies. He was direct as to what he needed to do and the cost was within the range of the other two companies. After I submitted the EC to my insurance company, more information was needed. Matt promptly supplied tne needed information to my insurance company and the EC was approved and accepted
- O'Brien Land SurveyingI was very impressed with Colin and his team. His prices were extremely fair and he took the time to answer all my questions very thoroughly before and during the entire project. Awesome response time. Will definitely use him again if and when the time comes and will recommend him to others. Overall amazing job
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.He was prompt, professional and handled the situation very well. I have a neighbor who thought he knew where the property line was but we had differing information. Not a hostile dispute but not all smiles either. Matt patiently listened to my neighbor, explained why his information will be accurate and legal. This neighbor then got very upset with Matt and went to the county and spoke with the head surveyor, who is familiar with Matt's work. Since nobody is perfect and surveyors historically have been known to make n occasional error, they spent an hour looking over county records and Matt's survey to have the county tell my neighbor that Matt's survey appears free of errors. December 20th we were notified of the County's final approval. Neighbor came over, had a drink, battle over. We now agree on where the line is
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.We dealt directly with the owner of the agency, Matt Sawyer. Mr. Sawyer responded quickly to our initial email that expressed our interest in obtaining a corner record for our property. He explained, in person, what would be involved in this job and quickly set about to complete the corner record assignment for us. Mr. Sawyer was professional, made sure our questions were answered, provided education to us concerning property corners and boundaries and completed the work at our site within two days. We consider this job to have gone very well, thanks to Mr. Sawyer's skill and service
- Landscape Resource GroupVery well. We liked Chip very much and felt confident that he would have handled our project well. We had met with several designers and had difficulty making our final selection. Chip was most certainly a viable choice. Ultimately we went with a designer whose bid was lower though Chip's price was totally reasonable. I would recommend including Chip and the Landscape Resource Group when considering your landscape project as he is punctual, thorough, and clearly knowledgable. Again, our decision to go with a different designer had nothing to do with Chip's qualifications as we felt he would have done a great job for us. We wish him nothing but the best in his endeavors
- JRN Land SurveyingJRN WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL. HE CAME WHEN HE SAID HE WAS COMING. ONCE HE WAS ON THE PROPERTY, HE WORKED FAST AND EFFICIENTLY.
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.Matt spend 6 days completing our lot survey. It was not as expected but he stayed with his set contract price. He also is very detailed and professional and did an excellent job. As a bonus Matt is a really nice guy. We would highly recommend Matt / Sawyer land Surveying.
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.I needed a survey to help me determine if my neighbors neglected trees were encroaching on my property. Matt was easy to work with and very professional. He performed a survey of my property and filed the map with the city. He answered all of my questions, even when I called him with additional questions several months after the job was complete. He is a class act & I would recommend him based on his quality of work, professionalism, and his ability to effectively communicate the results of his surveys
Last update on October 27, 2022
Land Surveyors in La Mesa
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Find land surveyors in
- Lemon Grove,
- Spring Valley,
- El Cajon,
- San Diego,
- National City,
- Chula Vista,
- San Ysidro,
- Imperial Beach,
- La Jolla,
- Del Mar,
- Rancho Santa Fe,
- Solana Beach,
- Cardiff By The Sea,
land surveyors in La Mesa
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Meridian Geomatics, LLC4259 E Los Altos Rd
Gilbert, Arizona 85297
- Meridian Geomatics, LLC
- O'Brien Land Surveying1052 Fountain Pl
Escondido, California 92026
- O'Brien Land Surveying
- Ray drafting1619 golden gate ave
Chula Vista, California 91913
- Ray drafting
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.8427 Hovenweep Court
San Diego, California 92129
- Sawyer Land Surveying, Inc.
- WALSH ENGINEERING & SURVEYING INC607 Aldwych Road
El Cajon, California 92020
- WALSH ENGINEERING & SURVEYING INC