We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Founded 1980 • With Angi since September 2004

9085 Aero Dr B

San Diego, CA 92123

Since 1980, the Bill Howe Family of Companies has offered quality plumbing, heating and air, and restoration and flood services to the San Diego community. Family owned and operated we take pride in employing qualified technicians and providing the best customer service in San Diego.

David B.

On the morning of Friday, April the 1st (not an April Fool's post by any means) as I was going to my car to go to work, I noticed water pooling under my water heater. Needless to say I was not happy. At work (I am a high school teacher) I called Bill Howe plumbing to see if I could get my water heater replaced that afternoon. Well they were able to fit me in. Since I teach until 2:50 pm, I could not accept the 2-5 window. They were able to create a 3-5 window for me (I live very close to the high school at which I teach). I sent in pictures of my water heater which allowed the tech to bring a new H2O heater with him. My tech was Darryl Fountain. Darryl is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, professional, and skilled. I like to watch professionals work and he was happy to explain all he was doing, answer all questions I had, and work efficiently. Darryl is a tech (plumber) I would absolutely recommend to anyone to work on any plumbing issues. I called Bill Howe because of amazing service and work from years ago, and this was in the back of my mind as I called Bill Howe plumbing that Friday morning. If you can, ask for Darryl. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
water heater install

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water damage restoration, water heater repair, drain pipe, drain cleaning

Sam R.

Went great . Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Plumbing leak detection

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners, drain cleaning

ALYSSA A.

Bill Howe is awesome! Very reliable. We used their services several times. Highly recommended

Description of Work
Water damage, toilet inspection

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water damage restoration, water heater repair, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

03/01/2022

Heather S.

Awful!!! They were ok fixing the leak and demo, but they just wanted insurance money and did an awful job fixing the house and actually said that they were looking out for their bottom line!!! They don’t care about customer satisfaction. Please don’t hire Bill Howe, you’re just paying for ads and fancy trucks!!!

Description of Work
Water damage repair

Category appliance repair, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters, mold removal

10/26/2021

Thomas P.

They were excellent, they came on time and I don't have any complaint about their service.

Description of Work
Repair Plumbing fixtures.

01/12/2021

Alicia R.

the service was horrible, they came out they sadi their was one leak, they fixed that, but it is still leaking, the manager took a look at it and stuck thier hand and said thateir was no leak, and I did it myself and showed them that their was a water leakage myself. they have to do more work, since they were not able to see the 2nd leak.

Description of Work
Plumbing service on a leaking pipe,

06/10/2019

MICHAEL G.

I was very satisfied with them in every way.

Description of Work
Fix over flowing toilets

Category plumbing

Thank you for the stellar review [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your business!

08/22/2018

Erin W.

Excellent quick service. They offered to come same day. The tech showed up on time, was friendly, and professional. The price was great. I would definitely call again for any future plumbing problems.

Description of Work
Cleaned out clogged shower drain.

Category drain cleaning

07/26/2018

Tina G.

Overall, the experience with Bill Howe was good. We are pleased with the addition of an air conditioning unit and the quality of the unit is good. However, the installers did a sloppy job with the finished products of vents and new lines that were run. We had to bring in a contractor and have drywall installed over the new lines that were run through our kitchen. The final aesthetics were disappointing, but otherwise a good experience.

Description of Work
Replace furnace and add air conditioning

03/26/2018

Donald C.

Did the job a week ago and they did excellent work. Showed up promptly, cleaned up very well and did not over charge. Maricio was excellent. I knew where the slab leak was from a specialist in "leak detection" but Maricio confirmed it and figured out how to tell if any other lines that ran in the slab would be effected by the reroute of the pipes (something the "expert" couldn't). He rerouted the hot water line rather then jackhammer the floors because the pipe was too deep and it was a short reroute from the water heater to the manifold in the wall (20-30'). While he was not cheap, it was about the same as an independent plumber and a few hundred less than a couple other companies who were trying to sell me a full house repipe. Of note, the previous plumbing company said I needed $16,240 worth of work because all the pipes in the house were failing (reviewed elsewhere). The Bill Howe guy was honest and said the pipes above ground that he could access did not appear to be failing, there was just some sloppy work an a previous repair, but he cut a few pieces out during the work and said those pipes looked fine. So $1,800 for a local reroute of the hot water line vs $8,000 - $16,000 for a whole house repipe? Also he offered a 3 year warrantee vs 90 days on labor for the other guys. Don't be fooled, they will say there is a 10 year, etc warrantee, but that is only for the materials which are pretty cheap, not the labor. A piece of advice, if you think you have a leak and are in a house go onto you tube and watch the videos on slab leak detection. Within 10 minutes you can tell by yourself if you have a leak, if it is on a hot water line or not and an idea of what can be done to detect its precise location. Also hire your own leak detection service, not someone the plumber wants to bring in.

Description of Work
slab leak repair/reroute

Category plumbing

Mauricio is outstanding! We are so happy to know all worked out and appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with our company. Thank you for calling Bill Howe! Best - Stacey

01/29/2018

LAURA I.

The plumber was were very prompt, identified the problem and came back when promised the next day to install the new one. Two technicians came and worked together installing the new one. They were very friendly and polite during the whole process and cleaned up the work space nicely afterwards. I have always found Bill Howe Plumbing to be responsive when the need arises although prices seem a little high.

Description of Work
My water heater was leaking and I needed a new one.

Category electrician, plumbing, water heater repair

We are always happy to see feedback and thank you for calling Bill Howe! If you have any questions about our pricing structure, please don't hesitate to call anytime. Best - Stacey

01/23/2018

Linda O.

Tony Millan was dispatched by Angie and he arrived on time and prepared to provide the estimate. The estimate was a bit lower than expected. But, Tony was also ready to get started immediately. He picked up the toilet and garbage disposal at their shop and installed it pronto. He kept me informed of the installation progress ... flange condition, etc. Great attitude! I was so pleased (and surprised) that the company didn't just send an estimator and that he was allowed to jump right into the job. This was of great value since our schedules for the week were changing.

Description of Work
installed new toilet and garbage disposal which were supplied by Bill Howe Plumbing.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our company, and specifically our technician, Tony. We are happy to know he could get to work right away and that everything went smoothly! Best - Stacey

01/02/2018

Walter A.

Excellent communication and very responsive ESPECIALLY given it was New Years Day. Expected time and cost (including possible variations) outlined on phone by Victor before arrival. Was able to show up early (clearly communicated). Professional, pleasant and efficient service call by Victor. Great all around for a not so great situation.

Description of Work
Main sewer line clog fix.

Thank you for the feedback! Best - Stacey

12/26/2017

Alan E.

Alvin did a superior job of correcting the problem - a burned out circuit board.

Description of Work
Diagnose and repair furnace and AC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback, [Member Name Removed]! Best - Stacey

11/12/2017

Geraldine S.

.............................................

Description of Work
...........................................................

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback! Best - Stacey

09/20/2017

Susan M.

I needed someone experienced and careful enough to clean out tree roots in a sewer line which had been epoxied some years earlier. I needed a camera diagnosis of why this lining had failed. They stepped up to the plate, and spent time above and beyond the call of duty to explain the dilemma. Wasn't cheap though! But truth be told I don't think anyone would have done it cheaper.

Description of Work
Rotary sewer lines which had previously been epoxy lined.

Category plumbing

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for taking the time to provide feedback! Best - Stacey

09/13/2017

Rosa B.

They were on time. They told me what the problem was and fixed. They were professional. I haven't had a problem since.

Description of Work
They replaced the outside Faucet.

Category plumbing

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We are happy to know that you haven't had any more issues with the faucet since we came out. Best - Stacey

09/13/2017

Curt C.

This was an essentially an emergency repair. The plumber said that it should be replaced, but if I wanted, he could make it work and charge the minimum 1 hour rate. Since I didn't have the time to go to the store and pick out a new faucet, he did the repair. He worked diligently for a full hour, and got it working, but I feel the $180 was a bit high.

Description of Work
Leaking kitchen faucet.

Category plumbing

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for taking the time to write a review. If you have any questions about our pricing structure, please don't hesitate to call us. Best - Stacey

09/12/2017

Donna M.

Of course, it was Saturday. The first two I called couldn't get someone out that day, but Bill Howe said they'd have someone out in a couple of hours and they did. We got Tony, our savior! He was wonderful. First, he got burrs all over his pants trying to find the outflow pipe beside the hous, which we couldn't find, so it was up to the roof! It was a hot day and he was working in the sun up on the roof. He worked and worked and kept at it until he got rid of that clog! He was determined, knowledgeable, professional and personally really nice. We offered him bottles of cold water, a wet towel, anything to help him out. He was a very good representative for the company, and had a lot of praise for how they treat their employees. We would definitely go back to them again and request Tony!!!

Description of Work
Our house is about 125 years old and apparently the main sewer line got clogged. First, the tub drained really slowly, then a toilet didn't flush well, and then a different toilet backed up into the bathtub. (Gross!) a

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Tony is outstanding! Thank you for taking the time to recognize his excellence. Best - Stacey

09/11/2017

Jane R.

Fast and easy. Neat and professional.

Description of Work
Air Conditioner repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! Best - Stacey

09/05/2017

Linda S.

Roots found quickly- good equipment and worker.

Description of Work
Roots in main sewer line

Category plumbing

We are happy to know all went well. Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! All the best - Stacey

08/19/2017

john B.

They did a very nice job for us. The guy came out, he got it done very quickly. There were some issues with how the previous owners installed, they were able to help me out with how to get some insulation into a pretty tight spot. They went ahead with the whole check out. He came out a day or two after I purchased the deal. They did a nice job for us, real quick, professional, and a qualified technician, just the way you would want it to go.

Description of Work
He did a heating and AC check up.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are pleased to know that all went smoothly and our technician could help with the insulation as well. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! Best - Stacey

08/17/2017

Edmond C.

They are good about getting here in a hurry. My father is an amputee and when I told them he couldn't use the other bathroom in the house they bumped him to the top of the line to get service immediately. Professionalism is an A, they're really good.

Description of Work
They fixed up the toilet seat. We've used them for a number of years. We have done the heater tank, they replaced faucets, cleared clogged drains, preventive snaking.

Category plumbing

We truly value your feedback and thank you for taking the time to rate us! We are happy to know we could provide prompt service. Best - Stacey

08/16/2017

Luciano M.

The price was significantly higher than others well qualified contractors, and they were not knowledgeable on basic heat pump parameters such as HSPF that gives the amount of BTU generated per watt/hr. The HSPF tells how much better is the heat pump in generating heat versus an electric heater and whether it will meet the feds requirements for tax rebate. I cancelled the second appointment.

Description of Work
I requested a quote from Bill Hove Plumbing for replacing two complete heating and AC systems. The rep. came at the time indicated, but could only evaluate one system for he did not feel comfortable to enter the attic space. He required a second employee to assist him, hence a second appointment was made. In the mean time he prepared an estimate for the first system based on a heat pump ductless unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We value all feedback as it allows us to address possible issues. We are constantly training [Member Information Removed] employees on safety, products, and services to prevent such issues in the future. Thank you again for your feedback. Best - Stacey

08/05/2017

sandra L.

It was fine. He came in and took out the old faucet and installed the new one.

Description of Work
He installed a faucet that I purchased from Home Depot

Thank you! Best - Stacey

Advanced Sprinkler & Drainage Repair

What our customers think: "I have been using Advanced Sprinkler and Drainage Repair over the last 8 years, I highly recommend them. The customer service we receive is impeccable. The work and the customer service we receive is what keeps me a returning customer every time." "I have been a customer of ASDR for many years. They are responsive, thorough and always ready to propose a solution to make my sprinklers more efficient. I have happily referred them to others for any sprinkler or drainage issue." "It has been a real pleasure working with Advanced Sprinkler. Over the last two years I have had various works done. Your team is excellent from start to finish--the front office, scheduling and the work are all top rate!"

Offers by Advanced Sprinkler & Drainage Repair on Angi
    Interior Painting Services

We specialize in interior painting services, staining, cabinet painting, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Tony's Best Way Cleaning

Tony’s Best Way Cleaning is a high end cleaning company that has been a San Diego staple for 48 years. Bottom line: we offer effective results on all 9 of our services - along with high-quality customer service and friendly, experienced technicians. We are actually referred by our competition for tough cases because of our expertise. We use the best methods available and are committed to five star service. We guarantee your satisfaction. We want to be the best you have ever used.

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
    Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
    24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
    California State
    CSLB
    03/31/2017
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Appliance repair.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

How is Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc overall rated?

Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

What days are Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc open?

Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc is open:

Sunday: Open All Day

Monday: Open All Day

Tuesday: Open All Day

Wednesday: Open All Day

Thursday: Open All Day

Friday: Open All Day

Saturday: Open All Day

What payment options does Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc provide

Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Does Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc offer free estimates?

Yes, Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc offers free project estimates.

Does Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc offer a senior discount?

Yes, Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc offers a 5% senior discount.

Does Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc offer emergency services?

Yes, Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc?

Yes, Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc offers warranties.

What services does Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc offer?

Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc offers the following services: Installation, maintenance, repairs, plumbing, epoxy sewer lining, hydro jetting, conventional, thankless water heater, gas and slab leak, water filtration systems, heating, air conditioning, purification, restoration, flood, reconstruction, air duct, drain & carpet cleaning.

Are there any services Bill Howe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc does not offer?

Appliance repair.