Find out if you really need a chimney to install a fireplace in your home. This guide helps you understand your options, such as a ventless fireplace, when choosing the right fireplace for your home if you don't have a chimney.
Get matched with top fireplace companies in Nikiski, AK
There are 2 highly-rated local fireplace companies.
Recent Fireplace Services Reviews in Nikiski
- Jensen ConstructionDave did amazing work. We needed a full kitchen remodel on our downstairs unit that was basically falling apart. Kitchen now looks like something out of a magazine. He fixed a bunch of issues downstairs that were causing problems in our upstairs unit also. The backyard deck turned out great also. We found that whoever installed it previously, did so unsafely. He rebuilt it with trex decking, added rails, and made it bigger as well. Turned out beautiful and much safer now that we have a little running around. Well worth every penny we paid, which is much less than other quotes we had. That kitchen turned out so nice, that my wife wants to do our kitchen now too!! read less
- Jensen ConstructionI've been reading Dave's reviews on Angie's List for over five years and have tried to work with him in the past but his schedule and mine just couldn't mesh. Last year we decided to replace the picture window in our living room with a bay window and called Dave for an estimate. Again, his schedule was packed but I decided to wait for him to be available and boy, am I glad I did! Of course, we obtained estimates from two other contractors for the work (which were a little bit higher than Dave) but they just didn't have the glowing reviews that Dave has. Dave lives up to every word in reviews! There were some scheduling difficulties and then an issue with the window (custom ordered) not being correct but Dave made everything right at no further cost to us. He kept us informed on the install schedule and completed the work in exactly the time he estimated (less than three days). During the install, he made sure I was aware of options/tweaks he could make so that the final product met with my expectations. I can honestly say that it looks EXACTLY the way I pictured it in my mind and I could not be more thrilled with the end result. We still have to paint it and Dave even called a week after the job was done to offer to paint the roof trim at no cost if we didn't have a tall enough ladder to reach it! Dave and his son worked quickly while still paying attention to detail, kept a clean worksite, and even made a small repair to our storm door that wasn't closing easily. There is no doubt I would hire Dave again for any home improvement or repair project. His attention to detail and commitment to excellence make him well worth the wait read less
- Plumbing & Heating DoctorGreat! Friendly, efficient, took time to explain everything he repaired and gave some helpful suggestions on future maintenance of our water system.
- Jensen ConstructionDave And David do extremely beautiful work. They always gives me better than I imagined possible. My new fireplace is lovely. The bathroom is gorgeous. (Dave met me at Lowe’s to pick out everything for the bathroom). They built a custom shelf to utilize the 4” behind the pantry door - they used darling beadboard for the back of the shelf. It’s unbelievably cute. I can’t recommend Jensen Construction enough read less
- Jensen ConstructionThey did a great job putting up the mattael and associated columns and ship lap above the mantel. They also straighten out the gas fireplace box. He was a good contact and good to coordinate with. David and son are the ones that do the work.
- Yeager Gas Fireplace ServiceI was very impressed with them. The fireplace was clean. From the beginning, they were professional, and understanding of my situation being so far away and trying to schedule somebody to open the house because there was no rentee in there at the time when I was trying to get this done. They were very punctual. They’re very helpful, informative, and just overall great read less
- Jensen ConstructionIt went great! We had this large fake stone fireplace against a wood paneled wall. Dave and his son did a beautiful job sheet rocking, texturizing and painting the wall, removing all the fake stone from the fireplace, and added a great looking mantel. We will definitely hire Dave again when we are able to do more house projects read less
- Jensen ConstructionWe contacted Dave and he came over within a day to see what we needed. He provided a good estimate of cost and a rough idea of when he could start. When he started I felt our job had his full attention. He broke the jobs up into segments that allowed for minimal disruption. Dave and his son have great eyes for detail and took the time to get things right. Excellent fit and finish, even matched a popcorn ceiling texture read less
- Jensen ConstructionDave and David did a nice job tearing out a huge bay window, enlarging the hole and installing a new, straight window. Great job on all the finish work, happy with the result. They also tore out my fake rock wood burning fireplace in preparation for a new gas fireplace to be installed. Tough work with several snags but they handled them. Appreciate their flexibility working with me as I decided on new fireplace details. Dave made the new mantel on site, very nice! While up on the roof they noticed a portion of my back roof was in very bad shape, so they made room in their schedule to replace that with something much better than we had. Their construction knowledge makes them very capable to handle many types of jobs. Thought they were very fair in their price, and didn't gouge me with add ons. Dave is very meticulous in keeping receipts so you know what you're paying for. In the end, left things tidy and swept out the garage where they had done lots of cutting read less
- Jensen ConstructionDave and his crew (the other two Dave's) went above and beyond, our carpet was the original carpet from 1979; it was very worn. Our floor was not level; they leveled our floor and took the time, more time than they had scheduled to do a stupendous job. They also repaired jobs not done right by other contractors. When they spliced the trim after removing the fireplace I could not tell where it was spliced. When the fireplace was removed they put up dry wall and also re-pop-corned our ceiling you almost cannot tell where the work was done and when I repaint the line where the new dry wall was put in will not show. I also am the envy of our neighborhood as when Dave put laminate in our front closet where the access to our crawlspace is he also put a latch for the crawlspace. We had also asked Dave to fix the steps to our shed he took the time to level them and disconnect them from the floor of the shed. I am amazed at the quality workmanship every time I go into the shed. Also we were having an issue with our screen door that was pulling off the hinges Dave fixed this without us even asking him to. I have also by word of mouth recommended this company to my neighbors and friends. I really appreciated the job that Dave and his crew did. I apologize for getting this review in so late read less
Fireplace Companies in Nikiski
- Business Description:Jensen Construction is a small family owned company, in business in Anchorage since 1984. My business is under many categories on Angie's list. Almost all phases of construction. We take pride in the quality of work we provide and I, Dave Jensen take a hands on approach to ensure satisfaction. business lic #50121 specialty contractor lic# 1573 read lessRecent Review:Dave did amazing work. We needed a full kitchen remodel on our downstairs unit that was basically falling apart. Kitchen now looks like something out of a magazine. He fixed a bunch of issues downstairs that were causing problems in our upstairs unit also. The backyard deck turned out great also. We found that whoever installed it previously, did so unsafely. He rebuilt it with trex decking, added rails, and made it bigger as well. Turned out beautiful and much safer now that we have a little running around. Well worth every penny we paid, which is much less than other quotes we had. That kitchen turned out so nice, that my wife wants to do our kitchen now too!! read lessMARK V.
- Business Description:Additional phone - (907) 376-1500. Additional contact name - Dodi Merchant.Recent Review:My combo boiler/hot water went out yesterday Moore did a great job and came up with innovative solutions to get it fixed quickly - very pleased as temps are going to below zero and big snow has begun. Also great job on mask-wearing for COVID. I have used Moore Heating, including buying my boiler from them 9 years ago, and very pleased with their professional service read lessCharles H.
- Business Description:28 years of experience and service. We are a locally owned and operated full service chimney sweep. 5-6 employees. No sub-contractors. Payment is at the time of service. Fees based on work performed.Recent Review:I have written hundreds of reviews and 95% of them are totally positive, encouraging and uplifting. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this company. Two years ago we had 2 Beautiful Gas fireplace installations done by the Chimney Doctor. It was spendy but we’ve enjoyed the ambience and beauty that these installations have provided to our home and felt it was worth it. Furthermore, I have told many of my friends about this company and they also had good customer service and results, at least up until September 2020. Until that time, I believe the chimney doctor was under different ownership. Beginning in September 2020, my fireplace upstairs stopped working. It was determined that we needed an igniter. I begin calling immediately to have this issue fixed and scheduled. After over 20 phone calls over the course of several months, I finally received a call from the new owner who profusely apologized for his lack of follow through and promised that he would personally be to my home the next day to fix it. That was over a month ago. I have finally found someone else who can do the repairs and the necessary part should be here soon (my new contractor communicated this information via text as soon as he ordered it). I write this review because I truly want people to avoid the aggravation and frustration associated with a business that does not treat their customers in a respectful and considerate manner. If you would like the name of my new contractor, feel free to Google message me. I do not recommend the chimney doctor to anyone any longer read lessTeresa H.
- Business Description:My name is JD, the proud owner of 24 hr. Arctic Services, offering licensed, insured, and bonded contractor services throughout the state of Alaska. We offer quality services to residential, commercial, industrial, and restaurant clientelle with years of proven experience. 24 hr. Arctic Services is a small, customer-focused contracting company, which allows for quick, personalized service. I pride myself in being very friendly, straight-foward, knowledgable, and willing to go that extra ste.. read less
- Business Description:We are a full service General Contractor- Commercial, Residential Our Team will help you with all phases of your construction needs! Best trades sub-contractors in the business.
- Business Description:Our technicians take pride in their work and make sure it is done right the first time. We know the harmful effects of dirty air in the home and work diligently to make your house clean and energy efficient. As a member of the local Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning Guild, our team receives regular factory training to update their skills. We can always recommend the latest technology for your installations and will troubleshoot your problems in no time. Emergency phone number: 9073150295 read lessRecent Review:He had some trouble removing the bricks because, ignorance on my part, the plastic garbage bags had melted and seeped in between the bricks..Making it very difficult to remove..Suzie W.
- Business Description:The end product will be your Blue Prints, Floor Plans, Notes or drawings (non-technical nor artistic required) designed and converted digitally into 3D (Isometric) full color digital images. (animation available). The purpose and value of my service is convey ideas and purpose of my Clients (Architects, Designers, Artists, Contractors, Home Owners etc.) into images from 8.5 to 11" to Large format such as Poster Board or Bill Board size for advertisement or demonstration, Video 3D animation al.. read less
- Business Description:Central Plumbing & Heating is an Alaskan family owned and operated company; proudly serving the greater Anchorage area since 1959. We offer four departments to help with all of your plumbing and heating needs. Visit our...Kitchen & Bath Showroom, Fireplace & Heating Showroom, Service & Installation, DIY Parts Counter. We can help you with, “Everything AND the kitchen sink” read lessRecent Review:They are very polite. They take care of your home. They are very careful to not get dirt and such in it. If they are lacking a part, they make a call and someone drives it over, so there is no need for a return service necessary for something like that. They are kind of spendy, but they are worth it. They are on my call list read lessJoe D.
- Business Description:GENERAL CONTRACTOR SPECIALIZING IN ACCESSIBILTY DESIGN AND REMODELING FOR SENIORS AND SPECIAL NEEDS PEOPLE
- Business Description:General contractor. Small operation with great customer service
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fireplace company articles
Some homeowners want to remove their fireplace but don’t want to tear apart the chimney completely. This guide describes the reasons for removing a fireplace, what is involved in removing a fireplace, and how much it may cost.
Knowing how to use a creosote sweeping log for additional maintenance in between your annual chimney sweep can help keep your home safe from fires. Here is what you need to know about creosote logs and how they work.
fireplace companies in Nikiski
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 24hr Arctic Heating, Thawing, and Drain Services905 Muldoon Rd.
- 24hr Arctic Heating, Thawing, and Drain Services
- Jensen Construction3307 Boniface Pkwy # 13 D
- Jensen Construction
- Moore Heating and Cooling1801 E Dowling Rd
- Moore Heating and Cooling
- Prime Constructors LLC2231 N Northway Ln Unit B
- Prime Constructors LLC