Your front door should make a great first impression. This guide presents all the types of front doors available to purchase, from steel to solid wood to wrought iron, and also includes important tips to know before you hand over your credit card.
Get matched with top door installers in Nikiski, AK
There are 4 highly-rated local door installers.
Recent Door Installation Reviews in Nikiski
- Jensen ConstructionDave did amazing work. We needed a full kitchen remodel on our downstairs unit that was basically falling apart. Kitchen now looks like something out of a magazine. He fixed a bunch of issues downstairs that were causing problems in our upstairs unit also. The backyard deck turned out great also. We found that whoever installed it previously, did so unsafely. He rebuilt it with trex decking, added rails, and made it bigger as well. Turned out beautiful and much safer now that we have a little running around. Well worth every penny we paid, which is much less than other quotes we had. That kitchen turned out so nice, that my wife wants to do our kitchen now too!! read less
- Renewal by Andersen of AlaskaWe're in the process of replacing all the windows (9) on the main floor. Our first appointment was with Tyler Reese. He listened carefully to our needs, wants, and concerns He then gave us options, made relevant suggestions and made sure we understood our choices. It took a fair amount of time to complete the initial meeting but it was time well spent. Additionally, Tyler is both professional and personable, which made the time enjoyable, as well. Steve Tuttle, the Installation Manager, stopped by this morning to measure all the windows and verify the window choices we made, earlier. Steve arrived exactly on time and well prepared to do a thorough job of measuring for installation. During the window choice verification process, he noticed an issue, we changed a couple of our initial choices, and he updated the work order and agreement. Steve is professional in both attitude and action. This seems to be a trait exemplified by all the employees of Renewal by Andersen of Alaska. Our experience to this point in the process has been fantastic. I highly recommend considering Renewal by Anderson of Alaska if you're considering window replacement. I will update this review once the window installation process is complete read less
- Renewal by Andersen of Alaska1. Our Design Consultant Amanda was extremely knowledgeable about window and door construction and design. Her advice was tasteful, helpful and invaluable. She did not use pressure on my wife and I in order to make a sale. She was pleasant and she was focused on what my wife and I needed and wanted. 2. Our Project Technician Derek was friendly, professional and focused. He was exacting in his measurements and answered all my questions thoroughly. 3. Our installers Bob, Charles, Aaron, Austin and Manny were very polite and professional and despite sub-zero temperatures (this is Alaska) exhibited real craftsmanship in their work. The result is beautiful windows, a sliding door and a Bay window that my wife, myself and especially our two cats have been enjoying to no end. Upon entry into my home the Renewal by Andersen Alaska team rolled out drop cloths from the front door to each work location. Ceiling to floor plastic barriers were erected at every window and door site where work was to be done. At the end of the work day my floors were thoroughly vacuumed and wiped clean. 4. Besides the beauty of our aforementioned windows, sliding door and bay window, there is an immediate and profound difference in how much warmer our house is. We are completely happy with the entire process and would recommend Renewal by Andersen Alaska without any reservations 5. Every Renewal by Andersen Alaska team wore masks unapologetically and were respectful of my physical safety in this current pandemic. Thank you. My wife and I would like to thank the entire Renewal by Andersen Alaska team for their professionalism and beautiful craftsmanship read less
- Jensen ConstructionGreat. Dave said it would take a day to install which happened but unforeseen construction paint and finishing added an extra half day. No problem.
- Renewal by Andersen of AlaskaFrom the moment of setting up an appointment to having the work done, all was accomplished in a professional, knowledgeable and friendly way. I had four windows (big) and outside door done the first round starting with Jesse and Bobby, and two windows the second round, Brian, Jacob and Tyrone. Everyone from start to finish, including the ones in office setting up the appointments and job times, were excellent. They answered any questions I had and made sure everything met with my approval. And they do an excellent job of clean-up! I will definitely recommend this company and have more windows for them to work on in the future. I must add that this is a '60s log house and they made sure that the outside integrity of the home was not compromised by putting in the windows; they worked within the existing frames on the outside (other than the two egress windows I had to have, but they are on the backside of the house) read less
- Jensen ConstructionAs usual with Dave, the only problem was catching him at a time when he was not fully booked with other people's projects. When I could schedule him, he was here as promised and completed the job quickly and meticulously. Also, as usual, he fixed a completely different problem he had noticed in passing, without any charge or hassle, I think simply because something that isn't write irritates his sense of perfection. I have used Dave and his eponymous son repeatedly, and will have no problem using them for any and all projects I have in the future. They are worth waiting for read less
- Jensen ConstructionDave And David do extremely beautiful work. They always gives me better than I imagined possible. My new fireplace is lovely. The bathroom is gorgeous. (Dave met me at Lowe’s to pick out everything for the bathroom). They built a custom shelf to utilize the 4” behind the pantry door - they used darling beadboard for the back of the shelf. It’s unbelievably cute. I can’t recommend Jensen Construction enough read less
- Renewal by Andersen of AlaskaSure was impressed with lead guy Robert, and his mates Jacob T and Griffin. The only thing these guys missed was bringing in the Champagne after the job was completed. Andersen windows are the Mercedes Benz of this sector. Don't go cheap on AK windows - step up to the best.
- Renewal by Andersen of AlaskaJust got our windows and door installed! What a whirlwind experience. The attention to detail and professionalism of Roland and Austin went above and beyond. Given current circumstance, my son was home with me and naturally curious about the process. Roland and Austin were generous, engaging with him and not making him feel in the way. And now we have beautiful new pieces that will last for years to come. Very happy with the decision to move forward with Renewal by Andersen of Alaska read less
- Renewal by Andersen of AlaskaOnce we got the right salesperson things went just as promised. Crew and materials showed up on time, installation was done in a very efficient manner. Robert and his crew were great!!!
Door Installers in Nikiski
- Business Description:Renewal by Andersen is the replacement window division of Andersen Corporation, a company that’s been innovating windows for more than 116 years. As part of the family of companies that make up Andersen Corporation a name synonymous with quality, you can be sure we'll be here when you need us read lessRecent Review:FINAL UPDATE (see two prior review installments): Renewal by Andersen Alaska promptly followed up on the issues mentioned above concerning the siding that had been damaged during their installation of our windows. A crew came out two days ago, replacing the siding, re-applying the caulking around the windows (the original caulking job was rough), and carefully matching the paint on the new siding to the existing color of the house. The job was a 100 percent improvement. My final thought is that our experience was likely an aberration. I believe a young, inexperienced crew was assigned the initial job. I know that in-company meetings and discussions have since been held as a result of our experience to ensure better quality work and customer service. In the end, Andersen of Alaska followed up and the work inside and out is much improved read lessPauletta S.
- Business Description:garage door repair light framing garage door opener repair and or replacement all major credit cards acceptedRecent Review:Very friendly guy working with his son..tammy P.
- Business Description:Jensen Construction is a small family owned company, in business in Anchorage since 1984. My business is under many categories on Angie's list. Almost all phases of construction. We take pride in the quality of work we provide and I, Dave Jensen take a hands on approach to ensure satisfaction. business lic #50121 specialty contractor lic# 1573 read lessRecent Review:Dave did amazing work. We needed a full kitchen remodel on our downstairs unit that was basically falling apart. Kitchen now looks like something out of a magazine. He fixed a bunch of issues downstairs that were causing problems in our upstairs unit also. The backyard deck turned out great also. We found that whoever installed it previously, did so unsafely. He rebuilt it with trex decking, added rails, and made it bigger as well. Turned out beautiful and much safer now that we have a little running around. Well worth every penny we paid, which is much less than other quotes we had. That kitchen turned out so nice, that my wife wants to do our kitchen now too!! read lessMARK V.
- Business Description:Classic Copper Works uses time honored German copper smith techniques handed down from father to son and passed on to our highly skilled artisans. We specialize in the fabrication of custom copper & bronze products and other metal specialties. WE DO NOT OFFER REPAIR SERVICES OF ANY KIND. Additional phone number - (888) 908-5339 read lessRecent Review:They was out of state and was not able to do work. Could not find someone in my area.L S.
- Business Description:Remodel and repair experts for residential and commercial jobs. Our company was founded by life long carpenters. We employ highly skilled craftsmen, and following strict industry guidelines in the execution of any job we do. We are proactive problem solvers, that value our customers. No job to large, no job to small. At APEX Construction & Remodel "Quality Matters" read lessRecent Review:We hired Jon’s company to sand and stain our deck in June 2017. Very long story short, we tried every way to get ahold of Jon to talk about the work that was done for a year and a half. The office manager would always say she will have him call, but we never received a call. The deck was done incorrectly and was never finished. It’s now green, rotting and will most likely have to be replaced. Not only was in raining that day but it had been raining for weeks prior. It clearly states on the 124 ounce can of Superdeck Transparent oil based Stain, to NOT apply “…if rain is likely to occur.” Now, here we are at the end of 2018, we finally get a call from Jon and he threatens us with lawsuits/liens/collections etc at Christmas time, after we have spent as much as we can afford on our 3 daughters for Christmas. He repeatedly tells us how busy his company is, which we don’t care because that has nothing to do with us. He says that his company is full of “professionals” but he was not willing to do anything to rectify my situation except gives us $100 off. Gee, thanks a lot, Jon. The following week, after an EXTREMELY rude phone call from Jon and his accountant Linda, who was yelling at me in the background, we paid him, so we never have to speak to him or his staff of “professionals” again. It is obvious that APEX is a poorly managed business at this point. Next summer we will be re-doing the work on our deck ourselves, correctly and professionally. We do not recommend this company to anyone unless you are into horrible customer service and enjoy being on a back burner. Also, just a side note, if I would have checked court view first, and read the reviews with a reoccurring theme, we WOULD NOT have hired him. That was my bad for not taking time to investigate who I was actually hiring read lessSean N.
- Business Description:Renovations Unlimited- business owner and registered journeyman carpenter, Josh Heath, is there everyday ensuring the highest level of quality and care for your home. Our services range greatly and include, window and door replacements, full kitchen and bath remodels, custom decks, "honey do" lists, and much more - just ask! You can't beat the quality of work being performed by a business owner, no one could care more about what they produce! All work performed by the business owner! Check ou.. read lessRecent Review:Great. Josh had the old one demo'd and hauled off in no time. There was a slight delay with material, but it didn't impact the delivery of the job. I would've like to have gotten started earlier in the summer, but it is an awesome, yet simple, built to code, place for us to relax read lessWayne E.
- Business Description:Additional DBA - Builders Millwork Supply.
- Business Description:Construction.
- Business Description:Welcome to your production house for custom glass: we design and handcraft glass panels and sculptures for your needs! Call us to get quote now based on square footage! Contact online representative for immediate consultation read less
- Business Description:Capitol Northerm has been serving Alaskans with high-quality windows since 1953. Formerly known as Capitol Glass Northerm Windows, we build custom windows developed through decades of experience designing and making windows specifically for Alaska’s northern climate. Built in the north, for the north, Capitol Northerm windows and doors are your best choice for keeping your home warmer - and quieter - while saving you money on heating your home read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful door installer articles
There are many types of door locks available to homeowners, and each has their own benefits, drawbacks, and uses. This guide breaks down the most common types of door locks, what their attributes are, and in what cases you should consider using them.
The front door is the first thing most people will notice about your home, which is why even small upgrades can give you curb appeal a big boost. This guide lists seven changes you can make to your front door that will have a big impact.
door installers in Nikiski
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A and g painting12310 Mary Ave
- ABC Seamless Siding1425 Viking Dr
- Accessible Homes IncPO Box 220494
- Affordable Construction2907 Turnagain St
- Alaskan interiors518 Lynnwood Dr
- AMERICAN OVERHEAD GARAGE DOOR REPAIR1200 West Diamond #1485
- Anthony Bradford Contracting4155 Apollo Drive
- APEX Construction & RemodelPO Box 140523
- A and g painting
- Done Rite2307 McRae rd
- Done Rite
- Installation Masters4600 Lois Dr
- Installation Masters
- Jensen Construction3307 Boniface Pkwy # 13 D
- Jensen Construction
- Kachemak Cooperage725 N Hoyt St
- Kachemak Cooperage
- MB General Contractor6151 Barry Ave.
- MB General Contractor
- QUALITY SCREENS2437 Lord Baranof dr
- QUALITY SCREENS
- S & S TILE SVC2741 N COTTONWOOD LOOP
- Shiloh Windows & Doors16440 Chasewood Ln
- Smart Energy Solutions302 Court of Elm
Vernon Hills, Illinois
- Spenard Builders Supply Inc4412 Lois Dr
- Square & True WoodworkingPO Box 544
- SUMMIT WINDOWS & DOORS INC7950 KING ST
- S & S TILE SVC