Looking to build a new house or revamp your old home? Should you hire an architect or a designer? Learn the difference between an architect and a designer when it comes to skills and cost to determine which professional you need to hire.
Get matched with top building architects in Nikiski, AK
There are 1 highly-rated local building architects.
Recent Architect Reviews in Nikiski
- Roche ConstructionJob when very well. Great contractor to work with in everyway. They did the design, provided a solid bid and completed the work in a very professional manner. Highly recommend.
- Roche ConstructionOutstanding general contractor. Provided estimate and schedule and stuck to it. We added several change orders because the work was so good. It's like having a new house.
- Spartan ContractingRenovation went excellently. in addition to executing work, Spartan provided design recommendations. Spartan were available for questions, responded in a timely manner, and worked within our guidelines. The work was done well. The project costs and timelines were explained clearly and appropriate documentation was provided
- KRUGER ARCHITECTUREKruger Architecture rocks! My wife and I were searching for an architect to provide concepts and draft design blueprints for a new en suite master bath for our home on the hillside in Anchorage, Alaska. Other professionals in town suggested that the space we wanted to convert was untenable. Kruger Architecture proved otherwise. Christoph Kruger took time out of his vacation visiting his parents in town to inspect, photograph, and fully measure our 3 floor home thereby giving him the ability to work on our project from his studio in Seattle. He was fast, creative, and provided us with several options for our dream bath in a part of our home that was wasted space. The plan we selected was easily followed by our builder and now we enjoy our en suite master bath every day! Christoph Kruger/Kruger Architecture rocks
- Arcbazar IncResults: Amazing. I provide a modest cash prize for the competition, and provide details on the type of home we want, the characteristics of the site, zoning requirements etch. Designers interested in this project (A high-end passive solar home in my case) sign up for the competition and ask questions about our wishes and any constraints to develop their plans. The architects provided me with detailed floor plans, elevations, site plan, perspective views, sections, cut-away views, and in some cases construction details. The variety of custom designs was stunning. The award offered is up to the client, but higher awards are expected for bigger projects, and to attract more architects. I offered 2,000 dollars, which is less than I'd pay for an off-the-shelf plan from one of the house plan websites. In this case, I had 63 architects sign up, and 19 eventually submitted designs for the competition. Each was customized to our wants, our budget, and our unique site with exposure and views. They were incredible. The hardest part of the completion was deciding who was first second and third (award is split 60% 30% 10%), All of the architects were good, and it was obvious they worked hard and very thoughtfully on the project. Several submitted plans several times seeking feedback and making revisions before the competition ended. Getting architects from around the US and the world to design a custom project, even conceptually, for this amount of money is a deal. From here, one could either work with the designing architect, or take the plans to a local architect for final refinements and full-scale construction-plans suitable for permitting. Customer service from the website and by phone was immediate, and excellent. The website has a few wrinkles yet to be worked out, but the experience overall was extremely positive and rewarding. I recommend for anyone planning a remodel or construction project
- Arcbazar IncFor me it went very well! I was more than pleased. I had a fairly large project, basically a whole house remodel, and they turned it around in less than four weeks. I turned my lakefront house into something like a corporate retreat, high end stuff. The devil is in the details. I would suggest whatever project you are doing, whether small or large, go to Houzz.com and get pictures of what you like (they have millions of pictures). I did that for every single room in my house, (16 of them). I gave them anywhere from 5 to 15 pictures for each room, and a small sentence of what I liked about it and what I did not like about it. Speak with the Arcbazar staff prior to submission. They have what they call "deliverables". These are things like drawings to scale, interior eye level elevation drawings, exterior, electrical & mechanical (the latter would probably best be done by somebody local). The more you can tell them, the better they know what you want
- Squires Design & Remodeling LLCAwful experience. Most unprofessional, untrustworthy business we’ve ever worked with. Showed up late, presented extremely limited design/construction options, extremely poor communication, required half of project cost up front, and finally made a huge mistake (intentionally placed wall in different location than planned) and refused to take any responsibility for it. Tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and compromise, but was actually yelled at, lied to, and patronized before we were forced to terminate. Waited months for an actual invoice, after calling/texting/emailing on a near weekly basis. Requested a refund for work not performed and damages caused, but was denied. Lost so much sleep over this...still flabbergasted at the complete lack of integrity and respect for their clients
- Squires Design & Remodeling LLCOur design was approved by the municipality only after requiring substantive and costly structural changes that would balloon this project way beyond our budget. The Squires never once communicated this to us. At that point we should have taken the time to re-evaluate our plan and find a cheaper compromise. But all the Squires saw were large dollar signs in their eyes and things went swiftly downhill from there. They - the Squires couple - are incompetent, unethical, dishonest, and unprofessional. They sell themselves as something they are not. They got in WAY over their heads, underbid our project, assumed no responsibility for their mistakes, and left us with an unfinished mess. Meanwhile they took our money and didn't pay our electrician, the plumber, or the heating subcontractor. Consequently, we now have two liens on our home thanks to the Squires. We signed a contract that Squires Design and Remodel touts as the work they will accomplish for the proposed bid. He essentially abandoned the project, tried to fire our very competent carpenters, ceased communication, and never told us he was not paying the subcontractors. Meanwhile the house was still unfinished FIVE MONTHS beyond the original projected time he told us he would finish. Bob Squires wasn't answering phone calls from the countertop subs, the plumber, the electrician. They lied about being out of town when they weren't just to avoid confrontation with unpaid subcontractors. He kept asking us for more and more "over charges" some of them for things that had occurred 6-7 months previously. At the same time it was difficult to get the "credits" we were due for work we put into the house or mistakes that were made in the contract. He messed up every single bathroom in the house. Ironically he bragged about how he made it through high school "without ever taking any math". And it was quite obvious. He ordered the incorrect size vanity for a custom sink that we gave him the exact dimensions for. He incorrectly calculated the cabinetry for one of the upstairs bathrooms. He didn't reference the blueprints and ordered a custom made cabinet for the master bath that didn't fit. And because he neglected to drain our pipes during the construction phase and they froze (imagine that in January in Alaska) he destroyed $1200 worth of plumbing fixtures in the one bathroom we didn't plan to remodel. This freeze also caused $1500 worth of damage to an essentially new boiler. He ordered incorrect paint, incorrect windows, incorrect doors, incorrect shower stall. He would order incorrect quantities of tile and wood leaving us to scramble and figure out how to rectify his mistakes. He didn't order enough wood for our staircase. He ordered the wrong color flooring and then told us that it was a superior product to that which we actually wanted (it wasn't). He didn't order enough siding. However, he certainly charged us for the correct amount of siding and then left us to pay for it a second time over. I read a review another client of his wrote and dated 4/2013. This client talks about how attentive Bob was to detail and all I could think was that Bob was probably spending OUR money on their project while he had essentially decided to check out on ours. We felt phenomenally betrayed and wouldn't wish this man or his company (which has changed names multiple times - a red flag we didn't recognize until it was too late) on our worst enemy. Bob Squires needs to go back to pounding nails and has absolutely no business touting himself as a general contractor. I credit the fact that we have a lovely finished product to our excellent carpenters and sub contractors. The mixed blessing is the fact that Bob Squires actually did very little work on our house. I fear what the outcome might have been if he HAD been more involved
Architects in Nikiski
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.coRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
- Business Description:We are a small, locally developed and managed company that seeks to not only work with other Alaskan based businesses but to also employ those who have the same understanding of the complexities of designing/building in such a climate. We offer FREE estimates! We are licensed, bonded and insured! We are now introducing out refer a friend, customer appreciation reward program. Contact us for a free estimate or for more information on our Refer A Friend Reward Program
- Business Description:Complete Architectural services for any Construction Project
- Business Description:We are a commercial design firm located in Eagle River, AK
- Business Description:GENERAL CONTRACTOR SPECIALIZING IN ACCESSIBILTY DESIGN AND REMODELING FOR SENIORS AND SPECIAL NEEDS PEOPLE
- Business Description:We provide both interior design and remodeling services for homes and businesses
- Business Description:907 Architecture LLC, is a full service architectural design firm that provides professional design, planning and construction administration services. Our staff believes that the best design solutions are a result of strong communications and dialogue between client/user and architect. The success of a project is directly measured with the success of the client-architect relationship. 907 Architecture LLC can provide architectural design services and generate appropriate buildable design ..
- Business Description:Residential design company based in Anchorage, Alaska
- Business Description:Welcome to your production house for custom glass: we design and handcraft glass panels and sculptures for your needs! Call us to get quote now based on square footage! Contact online representative for immediate consultationRecent Review:For my last project I needed 25 pieces of semi transparent textured bend inserts. Palace Of Glass provided preproduction sketches displaying the different styles of pattern layout. My client choose to manufacture a sample first and Palace Of Glass delivered expedited production. Sample really helped to make final decision even though it was not cheap!!! The order was delivered timely, and detailed photos were provided by the factory including the shipping crates and the cut outs for hinges. Would order again! <brSusan D.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful architect articles
How much does an architect cost? Having a new home or addition built is an exciting time. But before you hire an architect, you'll want to go over budget and timeline expectations. Learn how much it costs to hire an architect.
If you’ve ever asked, “what type of home do I have?” you’re not alone. Whether your home is two years or two centuries old, its architectural style says a lot about your signature style. Learn 11 home types and how to tell what your house is.
building architects in Nikiski
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 907 Architecture LLCPO Box 875570
- 907 Architecture LLC
- Blind Monkey Design14361 Goldenview Dr
- Blind Monkey Design
- FRamE340 N. Flower St.
- GRAYLING CONSTRUCTION CORP7133 ARCTIC BLVD 3
- GRAYLING CONSTRUCTION CORP
- NCP DESIGN/BUILD LTD118 E INTL AIRPORT RD
- NCP DESIGN/BUILD LTD
- ROHDE & ASSOC INC11925 OLD GLENN HWY 201
Eagle River, Alaska
- ROHDE & ASSOC INC
- T&T Construction
- T&T Construction