Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Vinton, VA
There are 9 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Vinton
- J S S RemodelingJames is a complete professional. He did exactly what we contracted to do, did it in a timely manner, was always on time and keep his job site clean and neat. Couldn’t ask for a better experience with a contractor.
- Jackson & Jackson Inc.The work was done in a timely and professional manner. We added many tasks during the renovation and each was met with suggestions for proper repair and timely execution.
- Jackson & Jackson Inc.Arthur, the owner, was prompt, courteous, and reasonably priced. He stuck to his original quote and did not go over budget. He had a few different workers on site, but consistently had Eric on the project. We appreciated the continuity as it was usually just the female of the house and our young child at home. They were both very friendly and thoughtful in regards to being around children. The job took a little longer than expected, however I would much rather it take a few extra days and be done with the high quality level that Art and his team strive for. The team always made themselves available by phone or text with questions or requests (they even solved a few problems for us for free:). Their knowledge of so many different areas was impressive and there didn't seem to be anything they couldn't handle. We will definitely use Jackson & Jackson again for future projects
- Jackson & Jackson Inc.Amazing. Art and his crew are top notch. No detail was overlooked and the communication was excellent. They were very clean, and my new roof looks great. They made sure everything was proper, including cleaning out the gutters when they finished! I paid $3,600 in labor and about $1,600 in material. My roof is about 20 squares. The work was done in less than a week! I will definitely use Jackson and Jackson again
- Appalachian Construction & Maintenance LLCI actually used Lowe's in Christiansburg for some remodeling and home work and it was this company who did the actual construction. No complaints all around, both Lowe's and ACM were very nice, professional and timely. The work was completed yesterday and the house looks just like it did before the workers got there. I had a LOT of painting and remodeling done by a previous company who really trashed the house, floors and kitchen countertops so this was a very nice change. The work that ACM did looks great and everything is working just fine
- Dollman Construction, IncThe crew that was onsite during the renovation was great as well. They always kept the site clean and was respectful when asked questions about the process. They were also very knowledgeable about construction and codes to make the house very sound. The house is around eighty years old and with the work they have done I can see it being around another eighty or more. The office staff was always willing to help with any questions or concerns we had and would promptly respond if they could not answer right then. Working with Dollman Construction was one of the best choices we made. People do not even recognize the house now that it is complete they did such a great job
- Appalachian Construction & Maintenance LLCAll aspects of the work, from initial evaluation, planning, pricing, timely completion and craftsmanship were outstanding. I have worked with residential contractors on many projects over the last 30+ years, including construction of a new home. Never have I had such a favorable experience, as with this contractor. He saw to it that there were no deviations from the design plan and schedule. Crews came early and worked late, even coming in weekends, if needed to stay on schedule. In all aspects, the commitment to quality of the work and finish was the main concern. While the work was underway and unforeseen issues or modification possibilities for improving the end result came up, the contractor was there, personally, to give us suggestions and choices. In fact, the contractor was on-site 90% of the time, supervising his crew. The result was efficient progress and precision in the work. I expect to do other home updates in the future and hope to work with this company again. I give the highest possible recommendation to Appalachian Construction and Maintenance for anyone planning to do residential remodeling and construction projects; their service coverage area includes the New River Valley, Roanoke Valley, and other parts of SW Virginia. In presenting this review, I assure readers that I have received no special consideration, financial or otherwise, from Appalachian Construction and Maintenance LLC, nor do I have any personal or family relationship with the company or any of its employees. The approximate cost, show below, includes both the kitchen remodel in 2016 plus the bathroom, powder room, study, and bedroom remodeling in 2017
- Mills Roofing and Home ContractorI am going write a short introduction to those who do not want to read a page of examples. Ricky Mills of "Mills Roofing and Home Contractor" IS the business to hire for ALL of your, exterior needs including window replacements. I PROMISE!!! I am a perfectionist and Ricky Mills exceeded all of my expectations. I have had multiple contractors/construction crews at my house over the years and NONE have ever paid attention to details or cared about the quality of their work like Ricky. He is not just a construction worker, or contractor...HE IS A CRAFTSMAN!!! If you would like to contact me, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will promptly call or email you!!! I will even send you pictures. Please refer to the last two paragraphs if you want a quick synopsis. During June, 2016 I noticed several shingles of our roof were missing. I knew that some of the exterior wood, on our wood house, was rotten. I needed three windows installed (one is a custom, triangular window 4'6" x 6'6"). I called eight roof/home contracting businesses. I was not looking for the cheapest contractor nor the fastest. I was looking for the business that would do the job properly. Ricky Mills of "Mills Roofing and Home Contractor", was the second business that came to my house. I do not trust contractors at all, yet I had an instant feeling of trust with him. After I interviewed the other six contractors, I gave Ricky the job. Thank Goodness I did!!! I had one contractor tell me he was the only one who could get a particular brand of roof shingles because he ordered so much of it. That was a lie! Ricky could have installed it and at the same cost. I had two other contractors come over who did not even get on my roof to look at it...what? Within two weeks he had a team here...tore off the old roof and put the new one on in two days. All materials were hauled away. Our roof was in such poor shape he needed six more pieces of plywood and he did not charge me extra (like other companies said they would). Before and during roof replacement, he found many issues that he pointed out to me. The siding against the roof was rotten; the chimney was so rotten that moss was growing on it; and one of our exterior wood walls was literally falling down. After we fixed one problem, we found another. And after I watched him fix several issues, I knew he had the skills to fix anything. For two months Ricky and his team worked on my house. The reason it took two months was because he and I kept finding rotten or poorly made exterior walls and supports, and I kept asking him to help me repair other issues. He had other jobs on his schedule, so he worked me in between them. He was worth the wait! I re-hired Ricky Mills in November to tear down our wood decking to install Trex, and to replace a metal ceiling and fan for our screened in porch. He performed this work, while we were out of town. Yes, Mrs. Perfectionist, scared of being robbed let Ricky and his team perform the work while we were out of town. In the end he replaced my roof, rebuilt several exterior walls, reinsulated and rebuilt internal wall supports, replaced all the gutters, rebuilt the chimney, removed our old custom-made triangular window, and ordered/installed a new one, put two new windows in a spot where a door was, installed vinyl siding, wrapped the fascia on our roof line, tore down wood decking and installed Trex decking, and tore down the metal ceiling of our screened in porch and installed a new one including an exterior fan He did things I did not ask him to do...little details to make the house look better (for example, he wrapped a piece of wood in the back of our house with the same metal he used for the fascia....he could have just had me caulk the joints and paint it). I will emphasize that I was looking for the "guy/team" who would do the job CORRECTLY, not the cheapest, nor the fastest....I just wanted the job done right! I hired the man who added his own creativity to our house so that it looks better...he did not charge me more for his creative touch, yet it took more time and looks phenomenal. I paid Ricky Mills more than his invoices because I did not feel he was charging enough. His craftsmanship and creativity are UNBELIEVABLE! I will NEVER hire anyone else! Even my husband, who built our house, was stunned at the work Ricky, and his team performed. My husband said "Wow, he is a craftsman. Our house looks like a 4-star restaurant compared to a Taco Bell" And, as a side note...we went from about 1000 stink bugs last year to about five this year. Hire him...he is well worth it!!!
- Dollman Construction, IncWe hired Dollman Construction to do the design work for our remolding project. We loved the ideas they came back with! Dollman Construction started the project about a week sooner than expected which was convenient for us. Overall the project went extremely well! We would recommend this company to anyone
- Fine Finishes - HandymanSteven was very responsive and came out to my home the very next day to look at my door and he also fixed it while he was here. My door was not shutting properly so he shaved it and removed all the hardware and reinstalled it and then rehung the door so that it was a perfect fit! He also painted the side of the door that he shaved with a primer so I wouldn't have to worry about doing it. I was very impressed with his quality of work and would recommend him to anyone needing home repair or custom carpentry
Contractors in Vinton
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Strong building and remodeling company with 30+ years of experience in the industry. Our customers satisfaction is our goal. We are owner operated by the same people who build for you. We are safety oriented and look forward to building for you. Licenses include: Class A RBC, Class A CBC, Class A EMC, Registered Land Disturber. When contacting our office for an estimate, please remember we have a high call volume and you will be answered in order it is received! Thank you very much, Jackson &..Recent Review:Work was generally of high quality with some minor painting issues. Arthur Jackson did an excellent job of analyzing problems unique to the house and proposing and implementing effective solutions. Floor replacement and refinishing work was particularly well doneScott S.
- Business Description:Sub Contracting
- Business Description:Additional DBA - BCI.Recent Review:It went perfectly. The contractor and subcontractors did a wonderful job and actually cleaned up everything when they were finished. My home is cleaner and brighter than it was before completion of the job. I actually miss seeing Steve Burtis and his foreman, Bobby. each day. They were so polite, professional and easy to work with on a daily basis. They even helped me clean and place my furniture back in its place. I would definitely have them work for me againPatricia H.
- Business Description:Right Angle Carpentry is about providing the customer with quality work at a fair price. We are a class A building contractor in the state of Virginia with 20 years of experience in the Construction field. We are able to provide a wide range of services from small home repairs to larger projects such as additions or custom homes. Call us if you are looking for a positive construction experience in the Roanoke - Lynchburg area. We take great pride in the quality of our work and our attenti..Recent Review:The deck and fence looks great and is very well built. I highly recommend Right Angle.Bruce B.
- Business Description:We are a Class A General Contractor Specializing in All types Concrete Work and General Construction.Recent Review:There work exceeded my expectations. I was very concerned about this job because my husband and I had just had some trees removed, and our yard had been limed and reseeded. It just worked out that I hired ConWorx to do this work after my yard had been done. I mentioned to Mr. Bailey that I didn't want the yard tore up with heavy equipment, so he and his crew dug out the dirt for the foundation by hand. When the job was finished, my yard was left in impeccable shape. I love my new concrete slab. The slab is level and should serve us well. We are excited to install our new storage shedArlice B.
- Business Description:Remodeling & repair services focusing on detail and excellent workmanship. I emphasize customer satisfaction with the quality of my work, reasonable pricing and my reputation for reliability. Quality residential remodeling. No employees or sub contractors. Charges by the job. No travel/trip charges. Free written estimatesRecent Review:James is a complete professional. He did exactly what we contracted to do, did it in a timely manner, was always on time and keep his job site clean and neat. Couldn’t ask for a better experience with a contractorDonald W.
- Business Description:Unlimited Handiworks LLC is an locally owned and operated residential repair, non-structural remodeling, and restoration service company established in Columbia Missouri 2005. Our goal is to provide the customer with wide range of professional trade services without having to hire multiple contractors. In 2021 the company relocated from the Midwest to Roanoke Virginia offering the same services with the same goal. We are also excited to be focusing on historic home preservation to help preser..Recent Review:Great. Mr. Horton removed an old concrete porch and built a new porch using treated lumber, he and his crew did an excellent job. They were here on time and at the end of each day cleaned up the job site. Mr. Horton went the extra mile to make sure I was satisfied with the result, i would hire him again and recommend him to do work for anyone. He is pleasant cooperative but most of all does excellent work. He returned to do some repairs that needed to be done again made sure I was satisfied. It was so nice to work with someone who really cares about his customer and takes pride in the finished project. I have received many compliments on the improved looks of the front of my house, and how nice it now looksLois T.
- Business Description:Exterior Source is a Class A contractor specializing in the installation of gutters, siding, roofing, windows, doors and decks. Established in 1993, we've installed more than 30,000 projects throughout the Central Virginia, Tidewater and Roanoke area. We're the exclusive home of LeafGuard, the only one-piece seamless debris-shedding gutter system on the market today. We are also a GAF Master Elite Roofer, a CertainTeed 5-Star Contractor in Vinyl Siding and a ProVia Windows & Door Installer...Recent Review:Until the past few weeks, I would have left a 4-5 start review for Exterior Source. The office staff and work crews have been very friendly and helpful. The house we purchased has Leaf Guard gutters on it, and I’ve had the company do a few repairs related to water damage and damage prevention for a total of roughly $1,200. Recently I had a corner on my garage with wood rot. I also had an issue with a leak over our kitchen window. In order to preserve the Leaf Guard warranty, I called Exterior Source first, for a quote. This is where things went south. The quote, after a discount, was $1,700. The issues were as follows: 1. A leaking corner joint on the gutters – Caused the rotten wood on the garage. 2. A water diverter that was too short – Causing water to flow around it and leak in the kitchen. I requested a call from the owner, and got a call from Kristian (the sales manager). I explained my frustration with the quote and was told he would call the following day after he’d reviewed the quote so we could discuss further. I didn’t get a follow-up call. Fast forward a week or so, and I got a follow-up call about my experience with the sales team. I shared the experience and the fact that I didn’t get a promised follow-up call. I was told these notes would be shared with the salesperson (Dan) and his manager (Kristian). Still no follow-up. I did schedule a cleaning with Exterior Source, and got another follow-up call. I explained that I wasn’t aware the cleaning had happened and that I knew I had a leaking corner and I needed it repaired. I thought that was being scheduled, but I heard no more about the issue. I decided to have the wood repairs done by my handyman. A couple of weeks later, handyman is working through the repairs, and explains the corner joints are leaking. By the way, we had 3 corners with wood damage, Dan only found one in his inspection. He asks if he should reseal the leaking corner pieces and I called Leaf Guard to ask. The lady I spoke with was super nice and had someone out the next day to reseal the corners. I explained I was having repairs done on the wood behind the gutters but I wasn’t warned that the gutters could not be altered at all to keep the lifetime warranty. At this point, I’m happy. We’re back on track to Exterior Source being a customer focused company, despite our minor issues. When Jake came out (super nice guy) I was told I no longer had a warranty on my gutters, because he noted screws were replaced on a corner piece and a downspout. Keep in mind the work not performed on this visit was running a few beads of caulk in the leaking corner pieces to stop the leaks. Exterior Sources offer is to come out and rehang the gutters (none were removed in the repair), and reseal the corners for $300 to reinstate my warranty. Great service is easy when things go well. Companies that put the customer first when things don’t go as planned understand the value of a customer. The current leadership at Exterior Source seems to need a lesson in taking care of customersTodd L.
- Business Description:Rosen Contracting has been offering top quality work at a fair price since 2003. We are dedicated to delivering a top quality job on time and budget. All work is completed correctly from start to finish. I do want to say I have been doing this long enough to know that we are among the top contractors in the Roanoke Valley. We show up on time,work until completion and make sure that you are happy with every detail including cleaning up after ourselves and making sure that we take the necessary..Recent Review:They took my $1,500 and RAN! Never did the work. It’s been 2 years and I finally have the chance to take them to court in hopes to recover my money. Run fast from this place.Tonya D.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Blue Ridge
- Boones Mill
- Poages Mill
- Cave Spring
- Bent Mountain
- Rocky Mount
- Glade Hill
general contractors in Vinton
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A Woman's Touch Cleaning LLC1101 lora lane
- Abracadabra Restoration Specialists LLC5034 Lee Hwy
- Alexa's Improvements20 Chestnut Acorn Rd
- All House Repair LLC608 13th St SW Apt B
- Appalachian Construction & Maintenance LLC480 Independence Blvd
- A Woman's Touch Cleaning LLC
- Ballard Building LLC2917 Bonlyn Circle
- BayWatch Development Corporation (B D C)PO Box 478
- Beck Builders Inc1133 Forest Lawn Dr
- Benjamin Bear Associates / O.L. TURNER & Sons Inc.P.O. Box 20276 Roanoke VA
- Big T's Handyman Service86 Wagon Watch Ln
- Boothe Construction Co2728 Dell Ave. N.E.
- Bowtie Construction647 Allison Ave SW
- Brooks Drywall Solutions Inc1202 Missouri Avenue
- BT Home Improvements, LLCP.O. Box 38
- Building Integrity LLCPO Box 37
- Burtis Contracting IncPO Box 3181
- Ballard Building LLC
- CCR Home Improvements240 lucas street
- Chad Ayersman Contracting914 Norbourne Ave
- Chapman Contracting LLC100 Nicholas Dr Trlr 4944
Clifton Forge, Virginia
- CJM CO Construction2263 Catawba Valley Drive
- Community Housing Partners448 Depot St NE
- ConWorx1695 N Franklin St Suite B
- Creative Concepts LLCPO Box 1511
King George, Virginia
- Creed Trim & Floor Finishing5116 Wayside Dr
- Crowe ServicesP.O. Box 11712
- Curb Velocity1977 Nace Rd
- CURTIS DEACON CONTRACTING INCPO BOX 343
- Custom Construction Company, Inc.7539 Milk-A-Way Drive
- CCR Home Improvements
- E A Construction Inc995 Beaver Dr
- E-Z BUILT CONSTRUCTION143 Sunset Ridge Dr.
Rocky Mount, Virginia
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Exterior Source12701 Oak Lake Trl
- Extreme CleanerzPo box 817
- Eye's & Lee's2133 Kings Charles Ave SE
- E A Construction Inc
- Friendly Structures, LLC1106 Kentwood Dr
- Friendly Structures, LLC
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Harrington Contracting962 Etzler Rd
- Haynes Building & Pump Service125 North Main STREET # 500- 252
- Homestead Custom Builders, Inc.410 Saddlewood Dr
- Honey Do330 10th St
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- J S S Remodeling6213 Monet Dr
- J. Davis Inc.2403 Churchill Dr.
- Jackson & Jackson Inc.P.O. Box 19542
- Jerry's Roofing & Home Projects4430 Scenic HWY
Mt Solon, Virginia
- JIMO3844 Welcome Valley Rd
- JM Campbell, Inc.5678 mt. tabor rd.
- JMS Builders & Developers, Inc.1481 Little Timber Ridge
- Job Sight Inc5155 Crystal Creek Dr
- J S S Remodeling
- R F Koehler Construction IncPO Box 8265
- RC Construction106 Country Lane
- Redemption Remodeling 364 Thompson Ridge Rd
- RIGHT ANGLE CARPENTRY2839 Crab Orchard Rd
- Ronnie LaBrie General Contracting419 Willowood Dr
- Rosen Contracting6324 Bunker Ln
- R F Koehler Construction Inc
- Salem Home Improvement, Inc.810 Valley Road
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Stanleydemo902 Bridge St SW
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Salem Home Improvement, Inc.
- T Allen And Associates Class A Builder Contractor1451 22nd St NW
- The Handy Hammer5719 Club Lane
- THE PERFECT FIX, INC.607 RAMBLEWOOD RD
- Tim Dollman Construction5428 Taney Dr.
- Total Image Construction LLC8342 Willow Ridge Rd
- T Allen And Associates Class A Builder Contractor
- Unlimited Handiworks LLCPO Box 21235
- Unlimited Handiworks LLC
- WEV Construction2335 Kellington Ct
- Windows and Home Renovations DirectPO Box 277
- WOOD CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING4505 12 OCLOCK KNOB RD
- Wood-Craftsmanship2720 Dell Ave. N.E.
- Woodworks Restoration & Remodeling IncP O Box 6675
- WEV Construction