Few things are more frustrating than a malfunctioning AC unit on a hot day. Here are nine AC troubleshooting tips to get the cool air flowing again.
Get matched with top home builders in Vinton, VA
There are 11 highly-rated local home builders.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Vinton
- Jackson & Jackson Inc.Everything went smooth and the work was well done. I would recommend Jackson & Jackson for your needs.
- Richards' Homes, LLCHome is large, >4,000 SF on 5 acres. Rough ins are complete, sheet rock is taped and drying, elevator is being installed. Completion expected early in 2020. He uses excellent subs and the work has been done expertly. This project has been a challenge due to advanced construction techniques, European style windows and an advanced HVAC system. Ground breaking was delayed over 6 months due a RAIN. I do wish he kept me better informed on schedules. He uses a flip phone so text responses seldom happen. He seams very honest and trust worthy
- DF Building IncHighest praise for DF Building! Not only is their work meticulous and beautiful, but I found them to be friendly, neat, honest, and fairly priced. After interviewing several contractors for our two story brick addition, we hired DF Building. We were so pleased with their work, we hired them for several other major remodels without considering other contractors. Their work is consistently on point. We have recommended DF Building to family and friends who have gone on to hire them with the same positive results. If we have further need for contractors, DF Building is the only one we will consider. We are very happy customers! A++++++
- Martin ServicesAfter calling Dan and setting up our appointment, Dan showed up promptly as planned, and after reviewing our plans offered great suggestions that really benefited us. He even pointed out things we could do ourselves to save money, which we did, and he even helped us with the small details. We couldn't be more pleased with the addition. It was even better than we had originally planned because of Dan's suggestions. Dan himself is great to work with, very trustworthy, and great work ethics
- ZIA CONSTRUCTION & REMODELINGEstimate on time, excellent work, trusted all workers in my house, and they cleaned up all their mess after work was completed. Very nice people! Would hire this company again.
- American Pride FlagpolesMike was great at explaining the different types of flagpoles and what was involved and cost. Once I decided on which one, he setup an installation schedule, Mike showed up on time, was super professional even explaining the steps he was going through and why he was doing things that other flagpole installers don't. Finished before he said he would, cleaned up and very appreciative of my purchase. Would highly recommend hiring him
- Dollman Construction, IncThe crew that was onsite during the renovation was great as well. They always kept the site clean and was respectful when asked questions about the process. They were also very knowledgeable about construction and codes to make the house very sound. The house is around eighty years old and with the work they have done I can see it being around another eighty or more. The office staff was always willing to help with any questions or concerns we had and would promptly respond if they could not answer right then. Working with Dollman Construction was one of the best choices we made. People do not even recognize the house now that it is complete they did such a great job
- Appalachian Construction & Maintenance LLCAll aspects of the work, from initial evaluation, planning, pricing, timely completion and craftsmanship were outstanding. I have worked with residential contractors on many projects over the last 30+ years, including construction of a new home. Never have I had such a favorable experience, as with this contractor. He saw to it that there were no deviations from the design plan and schedule. Crews came early and worked late, even coming in weekends, if needed to stay on schedule. In all aspects, the commitment to quality of the work and finish was the main concern. While the work was underway and unforeseen issues or modification possibilities for improving the end result came up, the contractor was there, personally, to give us suggestions and choices. In fact, the contractor was on-site 90% of the time, supervising his crew. The result was efficient progress and precision in the work. I expect to do other home updates in the future and hope to work with this company again. I give the highest possible recommendation to Appalachian Construction and Maintenance for anyone planning to do residential remodeling and construction projects; their service coverage area includes the New River Valley, Roanoke Valley, and other parts of SW Virginia. In presenting this review, I assure readers that I have received no special consideration, financial or otherwise, from Appalachian Construction and Maintenance LLC, nor do I have any personal or family relationship with the company or any of its employees. The approximate cost, show below, includes both the kitchen remodel in 2016 plus the bathroom, powder room, study, and bedroom remodeling in 2017
- Mills Roofing and Home ContractorI am going write a short introduction to those who do not want to read a page of examples. Ricky Mills of "Mills Roofing and Home Contractor" IS the business to hire for ALL of your, exterior needs including window replacements. I PROMISE!!! I am a perfectionist and Ricky Mills exceeded all of my expectations. I have had multiple contractors/construction crews at my house over the years and NONE have ever paid attention to details or cared about the quality of their work like Ricky. He is not just a construction worker, or contractor...HE IS A CRAFTSMAN!!! If you would like to contact me, email me at email@example.com. I will promptly call or email you!!! I will even send you pictures. Please refer to the last two paragraphs if you want a quick synopsis. During June, 2016 I noticed several shingles of our roof were missing. I knew that some of the exterior wood, on our wood house, was rotten. I needed three windows installed (one is a custom, triangular window 4'6" x 6'6"). I called eight roof/home contracting businesses. I was not looking for the cheapest contractor nor the fastest. I was looking for the business that would do the job properly. Ricky Mills of "Mills Roofing and Home Contractor", was the second business that came to my house. I do not trust contractors at all, yet I had an instant feeling of trust with him. After I interviewed the other six contractors, I gave Ricky the job. Thank Goodness I did!!! I had one contractor tell me he was the only one who could get a particular brand of roof shingles because he ordered so much of it. That was a lie! Ricky could have installed it and at the same cost. I had two other contractors come over who did not even get on my roof to look at it...what? Within two weeks he had a team here...tore off the old roof and put the new one on in two days. All materials were hauled away. Our roof was in such poor shape he needed six more pieces of plywood and he did not charge me extra (like other companies said they would). Before and during roof replacement, he found many issues that he pointed out to me. The siding against the roof was rotten; the chimney was so rotten that moss was growing on it; and one of our exterior wood walls was literally falling down. After we fixed one problem, we found another. And after I watched him fix several issues, I knew he had the skills to fix anything. For two months Ricky and his team worked on my house. The reason it took two months was because he and I kept finding rotten or poorly made exterior walls and supports, and I kept asking him to help me repair other issues. He had other jobs on his schedule, so he worked me in between them. He was worth the wait! I re-hired Ricky Mills in November to tear down our wood decking to install Trex, and to replace a metal ceiling and fan for our screened in porch. He performed this work, while we were out of town. Yes, Mrs. Perfectionist, scared of being robbed let Ricky and his team perform the work while we were out of town. In the end he replaced my roof, rebuilt several exterior walls, reinsulated and rebuilt internal wall supports, replaced all the gutters, rebuilt the chimney, removed our old custom-made triangular window, and ordered/installed a new one, put two new windows in a spot where a door was, installed vinyl siding, wrapped the fascia on our roof line, tore down wood decking and installed Trex decking, and tore down the metal ceiling of our screened in porch and installed a new one including an exterior fan He did things I did not ask him to do...little details to make the house look better (for example, he wrapped a piece of wood in the back of our house with the same metal he used for the fascia....he could have just had me caulk the joints and paint it). I will emphasize that I was looking for the "guy/team" who would do the job CORRECTLY, not the cheapest, nor the fastest....I just wanted the job done right! I hired the man who added his own creativity to our house so that it looks better...he did not charge me more for his creative touch, yet it took more time and looks phenomenal. I paid Ricky Mills more than his invoices because I did not feel he was charging enough. His craftsmanship and creativity are UNBELIEVABLE! I will NEVER hire anyone else! Even my husband, who built our house, was stunned at the work Ricky, and his team performed. My husband said "Wow, he is a craftsman. Our house looks like a 4-star restaurant compared to a Taco Bell" And, as a side note...we went from about 1000 stink bugs last year to about five this year. Hire him...he is well worth it!!!
- Dollman Construction, IncRight from the start Mr. Dollman & his team made the steps that they would take and how the process would work from start to finish. They were very professional, and precise. They also went out of their way to complete the task in an aesthetically pleasing way not included in our original contract. They did this at no cost to us and did so only after asking us for approval first. Very perfect, very neat and very much would use them in the future should the need arise
House Builders in Vinton
- Business Description:Strong building and remodeling company with 30+ years of experience in the industry. Our customers satisfaction is our goal. We are owner operated by the same people who build for you. We are safety oriented and look forward to building for you. Licenses include: Class A RBC, Class A CBC, Class A EMC, Registered Land Disturber. When contacting our office for an estimate, please remember we have a high call volume and you will be answered in order it is received! Thank you very much, Jackson &..Recent Review:Work was generally of high quality with some minor painting issues. Arthur Jackson did an excellent job of analyzing problems unique to the house and proposing and implementing effective solutions. Floor replacement and refinishing work was particularly well doneScott S.
- Business Description:Sub Contracting
- Business Description:We are a Class A General Contractor Specializing in All types Concrete Work and General Construction.Recent Review:There work exceeded my expectations. I was very concerned about this job because my husband and I had just had some trees removed, and our yard had been limed and reseeded. It just worked out that I hired ConWorx to do this work after my yard had been done. I mentioned to Mr. Bailey that I didn't want the yard tore up with heavy equipment, so he and his crew dug out the dirt for the foundation by hand. When the job was finished, my yard was left in impeccable shape. I love my new concrete slab. The slab is level and should serve us well. We are excited to install our new storage shedArlice B.
- Business Description:Class A Contracting and Master Electrical ServicesRecent Review:It went excellently. (As has been all of my past dealings with Enquist.) I actually called them after hours, DURING HOLIDAY SEASON, not only did they still answer but they made it a point to get to me the next day because I had company coming in a day or two. Every step of the way from Becky on the phone, to the technician Jeremy, all extremely nice to deal with. For whatever your electrical needs are, CALL THIS COMPANY!! You will not be disappointed!!Keith W B.
- Business Description:D F Building Inc. is a second generation family based business that has been in business for 15+ years. We specialize in design, build, and renovation of residential homes. Our goal is to provide quality and efficiency with integrityRecent Review:It didn't go , no show no reason no call.Denise T.
- Business Description:Additional DBA - BCI.Recent Review:It went perfectly. The contractor and subcontractors did a wonderful job and actually cleaned up everything when they were finished. My home is cleaner and brighter than it was before completion of the job. I actually miss seeing Steve Burtis and his foreman, Bobby. each day. They were so polite, professional and easy to work with on a daily basis. They even helped me clean and place my furniture back in its place. I would definitely have them work for me againPatricia H.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Trinity Business Inc. provides all construction services to your home or business. We are woman owned and strive to meet the needs of any potential client. From residential to commercial projects large and small we are able to handle it all! Different members of our staff specialize in different fields of roofing and construction; we will make sure to send the most experienced person in each field to you for an estimate and to complete the job. We offer discounts for multiple homes signed o..Recent Review:Getting the estimate and doing the work was placed on a long schedule due to heavy business sector traffic. But they actually came earlier than scheduled to do the work. Did it efficiently. I don't expect to have leaks in this spot againJohn R.
- Business Description:For fastest response, please call (540) 520-7681. Full service general contractor, residential and commercial. No job too small.Recent Review:Job evaluated in September, 2020, but work not done until January, 2021, and then only after several phone calls from him telling us why he couldn't come sooner.Jan L.
- Business Description:We are two home builders that love to overbuild. Quality high end work, from people that care about doing it right and doing it well.We have hundreds of references and photos of most projects.We don't drink or smoke. We do what we say we are going to do, when we say we are going to do it. We can back it up! Additional service areas: Buchanan & portions of Pulaski & Greenbrier CountieRecent Review:Exceeded my expectations and my expectations are pretty high. Top quality work.CHRISTY C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
It’s exciting to start planning your new dream home, but first you need to find the right professional to manage your project. Discover who to hire to build a house.
A-frame homes have many benefits, but there are drawbacks to keep in mind if you decide to build one. Find out everything you need to know about A-frame houses.
Find home builders in
home builders in Vinton
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- ADT Security Services2550 Ellsmere Ave Suite F
- All House Repair LLC608 13th St SW Apt B
- Appalachian Building Concepts2237 Paris Mountain Rd
- Appalachian Construction & Maintenance LLC480 Independence Blvd
- Ascension Builders Inc811 Country Meadows Way
- AwesomeWholesalerLLC719 Basswood Dr
Glade Spring, Virginia
- ADT Security Services
- B&D Construction602 Clay St
- BayWatch Development Corporation (B D C)PO Box 478
- BDB Builders1100 Rucker Rd.
- Beck Builders Inc1133 Forest Lawn Dr
- Benjamin Bear Associates / O.L. TURNER & Sons Inc.P.O. Box 20276 Roanoke VA
- BLR Services4509 renfro blvd.
- Boothe Construction Co2728 Dell Ave. N.E.
- Bowtie Construction647 Allison Ave SW
- Bridge Masters LLC9709 Manassas Drive
- BROOKS CONSTRUCTION201 OLD CAROLINA RD
Rocky Mount, Virginia
- Brookview Construction LLCPO Box 116
- Building Integrity LLCPO Box 37
- Burtis Contracting IncPO Box 3181
- B&D Construction
- c w builders12420 Catawba Rd
- CCR Home Improvements240 lucas street
- Clark Family Builders LLC5352 Cloverdale Rd
- cne inc32 buckner st
- Community Housing Partners448 Depot St NE
- CONSOLIDATED CONSTRUCTION SVC3109 BRAMBLETON AVE Ste. 202
- ConWorx1695 N Franklin St Suite B
- CORNERSTONE BUILDERS INC3764 PETERS CREEK ROAD SW Suite A
- Creed Trim & Floor Finishing5116 Wayside Dr
- Crockett Home Improvement Inc1255 Radford St
- Crowe ServicesP.O. Box 11712
- CTS & L Inc250 Energy Blvrd
Rocky Mount, Virginia
- Curb Velocity1977 Nace Rd
- Custom Construction Company, Inc.7539 Milk-A-Way Drive
- Customized Central Vac Systems & MorePO Box 7746
- c w builders
- DAC Design & Construction205 Scotch Pine Dr
- David Frank Homes2772 Electric Rd Suite 1
- David James Homes1415 Towne Square Blvd Northwest
- DF Building Inc363 Farmington Rd
- Dickerson Construction Company1110 Knob Hill Rd
- Dollman Construction, Inc5219 Peters Creek Rd
- Dominion Builders2774 ELECTRIC RD
- DVD MasonryPO Box 1207
- Dynabilt TechnologiesPO Box 726
- DAC Design & Construction
- E A Construction Inc995 Beaver Dr
- E J MILLER CONSTRUCTION CO303 WASHINGTON AVE SW
- Enquist Enterprises Inc.2126 Winston Ave SW Suite A
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Eric's heating and air services195 Simmons Rd NE
- Ewing Cabinet Co1701 S Main St
- Exterior Source12701 Oak Lake Trl
- E A Construction Inc
- HARDMAN HOMES142 AUTUMNWOOD LN
- Haynes Building & Pump Service125 North Main STREET # 500- 252
- Helping Hands RenovationPo Box 12464
- Highlander Construction & Development IncPO Box 2927
- Homestead Custom Builders, Inc.410 Saddlewood Dr
- HP Metal Fabrication13615 Carriage Ford Rd
- HARDMAN HOMES
- J N R Home Renovations LLC2143 fork mountain rd.
- J W POFF CONSTRUCTION INC6634 INDIAN VALLEY RD NW
- J. Davis Inc.2403 Churchill Dr.
- Jackson & Jackson Inc.P.O. Box 19542
- Jerry's Roofing & Home Projects4430 Scenic HWY
Mt Solon, Virginia
- JIMO3844 Welcome Valley Rd
- JM Campbell, Inc.5678 mt. tabor rd.
- JMS Builders & Developers, Inc.1481 Little Timber Ridge
- Juan Zavala Remodeling 68 Community Rd
- J N R Home Renovations LLC
- Kodiak Steel Homes1015 W 2nd St
Little Rock, Arkansas
- Kodiak Steel Homes
- O. Ray Prillaman Construction Company90 Redbud Hill Rd
Rocky Mount, Virginia
- O. Ray Prillaman Construction Company
- PAUL DAVIS RESTORATION1807 MURRY RD SW Suite N
- PD&M Inc., General Contractors16575 Moneta Road
- Pitman Construction404 Walnut Ave SE
- PRESCOTT CONSTRUCTION538 SALEM AVE SW
- Pruitt Brothers Contractor's Inc.841 Chestnut Hill Rd.
Rocky Mount, Virginia
- Pyramid Land Development Solutions7476 New Ridge Rd
- PAUL DAVIS RESTORATION
- R F Koehler Construction IncPO Box 8265
- Randy Hodges Excavating IncPO Box 967
- RBI Builders470 Switchback Rd
- RG Grimes ConstructionPO Box 194
- RJS Building Services80 Cricket Ln
- Rock Solid Construction & Design1128 Montrose Ave SE
- Rolyn Companies2850 Ansol Lane
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Ronnie LaBrie General Contracting419 Willowood Dr
- R F Koehler Construction Inc