Hiring a company to transport a vehicle can be a great option if you're moving to the other side of the country. Here's how much you can expect to pay.
Get matched with top moving companies in Louisa, VA
There are 27 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Louisa
- Moving ForwardSuperb workers — BUT some tips for dealing with mgmt This review is five stars — for the workers, who are by far the most important part of the company and the ones you'll be interacting with most. They were excellent, hard-working, and professional throughout (with one exception, but I'm told he's no longer there). * SEBASTIEN was absolutely fantastic. He helped with packing two days and the move on day 3. He was extremely skilled and organized, quick and efficient, professional to his fingertips, and fun to chat with on day 2. He's been doing this for 16 years and headed our team. Trust me, this guy is an ace. Make sure to request him on your team. * SKYLER also helped with packing on the first day and was great to work with. Mgmt had screwed up the scheduling for my reserved time so they had a lot less time to pack, and we ended up going late into that night, but Skyler kept a positive attitude and worked extremely hard. He was also fun to chat with, which helped the day go much more quickly, while still staying entirely professional. I really, really wish he had come back on day 3 for the move, instead of the new guy. * LUCAS helped with the move on day 3, and he too was professional and excellent, and worked so hard. He got the stairs at both places, on a hot August day, and stayed positive and just kept on going. He was great and pleasant to work with, and really careful that everything went to the right place. * The one caveat was a new guy who came to help with the move on day 3, though he left early. I've also been told he is no longer with the company (so may not be relevant to other moves). He said his name was Tsay. He was moving things from the apartment out to the stairs. So Tsay was inside with me from 9am-1pm with no one else around. Within 5 minutes, he started hitting on me — and this went on for 3 1/2 hours (!). He would not take no (50 different ways) for an answer. Unequivocal harassment. Once he got a very hard no around 12:30, he became resentful and hostile for the rest of the day. It was extremely unpleasant and, for a woman with bad past experiences, very intimidating and uncomfortable. It made the morning and parts of the afternoon when I had to interact with him just awful. Why on earth didn't they send Skyler from Tuesday, instead of this guy?! That would have made the day go quickly, and he would have stayed professional *and* worked quickly and efficiently. SMH. Abby told me the next day "the worker you mentioned was let go this morning", so hopefully Tsay won't be a risk for anyone else. But considering mgmt's lack of follow through on other things, just a fair warning that if this guy does show up, buyer beware. As for the mgmt... well, I know it is hard to find a good company in the moving business. But I do have a few warnings/tips for dealing with them (Abby, Kenny, and the owner Max). 1. If Kenny, one of the managers, calls to ask you if he can delay your scheduled time bc there's an "emergency at the office" — just say no. I agreed to wait, but it wasn't an emergency, he just wanted to do a last minute job instead of my reserved one. Kenny then didn't follow through on any of the promises he made in the morning (they were later; he didn't keep me updated; he didn't come himself; he didn't talk to Abby about making up the time or "doing something for my bill"). This company likes being able to help people in tough spots. BUT IF you have reserved in advance, another person's lack of planning does not constitute your emergency. Just say no. Keep your time, bc mgmt is too busy to keep track of it and communicate with each other to fix the problems their delay will create. 2. Mgmt seems to have difficulties with communication, both with you and each other, once a job has started. Confirm everything explicitly with everyone else, even if they say they'll tell the other person (eg if Kenny says he'll tell Abby X Y Z). Keep it short and concise. Be VERY clear about what you're saying. Do their communication for them. 3. They may underestimate the time needed to get your job done. (1.5x for me.) So, if you need your estimate to prepare your expenses and/or to get reimbursement of any kind, err on the side of caution and set aside quite a bit more. 4. Be prepared for them to bill you on the spot at the end of the work, over the phone. And keep your checkbook out, bc they will charge you a 3.5% fee if you pay by card. (They apparently don't cover their Quickbooks fees but pass them on to the customer — they could cover them in their overhead / build them into their prices, that's a perfectly normal practice, I am also a business owner.) OVERALL, it's really the WORKERS who make the move and who you will be spending your time with. SEBASTIEN, SKYLER, and LUCAS were solid gold, and I highly recommend them. If you're careful with mgmt, things should go okay. As moving companies go, this is a good one, and I'd definitely recommend it for those excellent workers read less
- Big Tuck Moving TruckCorey and his cousin were outstanding ... incredibly helpful, hardworking and professional. We highly recommend them, and would hire them again in a flash.
- Worth MovingThe movers were very polite, careful, helpful and moved everything to the correct location. Their trailer was very clean too. Would recommend using Worth moving to everyone.
- Worth MovingI would recommend this company to anyone getting ready for this very stressful experience. Polite and professional goes with out saying!! Not only were the employees of this company totally professional and careful when I was around, I had occasion to visit the warehouse unannounced to pick up some boxes and observed a bunch of busy bees. They were unloading and loading trucks and using the care and precision they would use on their own belongings. The warehouse is clean as a whistle and I feel very safe leaving some of my prize possessions there in their care read less
- Worth MovingThere was a bit of a mishap that happened during the move. Wasn't really satisfied with the service but since they ameneded it, I consider recommending them to other howmeowners as well.
- Metropolitan Moving & StorageIt doesn't get much better. We have moved quite a bit and know what constitutes a good move and a bad move. This was an excellent move. From the very beginning, the process was easy, efficient, timely and completely professional. I submitted my request online and was called within the next hour or so the same day to schedule an appointment for an in-home estimate. Eddie, the estimator, was prompt for his appointment. He quickly provided us an estimate, and a basic summary of the company. He did not try to upsell us on anything. He simply presented the company and their methods and policies. On the day of the move, the movers arrived 30 minutes early and immediately starting working. Dave and his crew were professional, pleasant, and even funny. They handled everything with care and not one thing was broken! They also took the time to disassemble and re-assemblage our very large bed and desks properly (something the previous movers did not do). Their care and attention to detail was exceptional from start to finish. The icing on the cake -- the estimate fell approximately $400 under what we expected (a pleasant surprise). While I hope we don't have to move again soon, we will certainly call them again and we have recommended them to our friends in the DC area read less
- Moving Made EasyThe crew (two men) was on time and completed the job in less than 2 hours. They were careful with the furniture.
- Quality Moving ServicesThey made it so easy, I really appreciated all the work they did. I had hired them before to move and when it was time to move again, they were who I called. If I ever have to move again I will definitely hire them. Recommend for sure!
- Duker's Movers LLCJohnny and his assistant came to do a two hour job. We could not lift heavy couches and many containers and boxes. The request was done in the last minute as I called a couple days prior to the appointment. I was pleased with Johnny as he tried to accommodate our schedule. They came on Sunday. The job was done professionally. We would hire his company again if we moved out of our house read less
- Big Tuck Moving TruckIt went really well. The guys were friendly, professional and polite. They provided an estimate ahead of time and charged what was estimated. They were very prompt in getting back to me which was important because of the time restraint I was under. They placed the items in the house where I wanted them and even removed some old furniture for me read less
Movers in Louisa
- Business Description:**Call us today for your FREE estimate!** With over 30 years of experience, Dave will take care of your belongings like they were his own. Moving your family or business, whether across town or across the country, can be an almost overwhelming undertaking. With utilities transfers and hookups, arranging for your mail to be forwarded, taking inventory of your belongings and the seemingly endless list of other details it can be a stressful time for all involved. The last thing you want to th.. read less
- Business Description:Worth Moving is a family owned full service moving company that offers a wide verity of moving services. We offer local, long-distance, and office moving. We offer POD and Uhaul loading. Piano moving is our specialty. In addition to moving, packing and crating services are available read lessRecent Review:They provided a professional estimate.Elizabeth M.
- Business Description:Professional Moving Service, "We Provide The MUSCLE" Family owned and Operated, 20 Years serving Richmond and surrounding area. Delivery, Hauling, Snow Plow / Snow RemovalRecent Review:Mark and company SAVED THE DAY! I have used J & M for a few years now. They have done 3 household moves and also moved a couch from a retail store to my home in the past. When I was being ripped off recently (attempted) and in a time crunch, I knew J & M could assist. I own a cheesecake bakery company in Richmond and recently won at auction a 2 door display cooler for a location I'm moving to. The recommended haulers from the auction house wanted to charge me $1,400 to do a very simple move of an uncomplicated piece of equipment 12 miles locally. To add insult to injury, they only got the quote to me 4 days before I needed it moved before starting to incur daily storage fees. I got the quote on 4/27 and contacted Mark at J &M via their website at 5:15 pm the same day. He called me personally within 15 minutes and by 11 am the next day, the equipment was not only moved, but done so professionally at a savings of $1,000. Mark knew I was trying to be ripped off and helped me out tremendously! Thank you so much for saving the day, J & M. You continue to be my moving company of choice! I just wished I had called you initially read lesscheryl w.
- Business Description:Our team at Two Marines Moving knows a thing or two about service. We've served our country and now we serve our community. It would be our pleasure to serve you! When you hire our staff of motivated movers you can expect punctuality, professionalism, and proficiency. We take pride in our selective hiring process, extensive training program, and maintaining the highest standards in our industry. If you're looking for a first-class moving experience, you've come to the right place. That's why .. read lessRecent Review:Am impressed w/"Two Marines Moving"!! From 1st contact thru move completion, the company & all personnel I came in contact with presented a professional organized organization. I was definitely impressed!! Even w/a short notice move window they were able to meet date requested & complete the move. One day out, rep called & went thru checklist to make sure all points & info was correct - EXCELLENT!! On move day team lead ck'd in 1st thing to confirm all details - made me aware of computer outage putting a possible glitch in day's agenda. Even though team arrived 45min later than scheduled they worked together efficiently & made the moving window(elevator res) & then delivered load on time. Load was a split delivery w/majority off loaded at a storage unit & rest at 3rd floor apt - having no elevator presented no problem!! The 3-man team worked well together under the expert leadership of team lead "Will" - they were an effective team & they presented good work ethics. I would highly recommend "Two Marines Moving" & would also recommend the move team I had - they were excellent!!!! Tks Will !!!! read lessK B.
- Business Description:Big Tuck's Moving Truck,based in Richmond, VA, has over 20 years in the moving business. With hundreds of moves under our belt, we are knowledgeable of the requirements of local building management companies, as well as the unique needs of customers throughout the D.C., Maryland, Virginia area. We can accommodate any move, big or small, local or long distance read lessRecent Review:Corey and his staff did a wonderful job. They were extremely careful and attentive to helping us with our move. Everything arrived in great condition, including some fragile items such as a grandfather clock. We would definitely recommend them for a successful move read lessJennifer F.
- Business Description:Independently locally owned & operated. Richmond (804) 796-4860 Norfolk/VA Beach (757) 263-4410 Charlottesville (434) 509-0515 Additional phone (804-861-8500) Additional website - www.qmovingservices.com www.bbbxpress.com/quality_moving_services read lessRecent Review:This is the fifth time I have used Quality Moving Services. They always deliver a superb moving experience. The movers are personable, professional, courteous, careful, prompt and efficient. They have never broken or lost anything or caused any damage. They always show up on time, exactly as arranged beforehand. The planning and communication with the office is excellent, and everything works without any hiccups. I really can't say enough about how great their service is, and although I won't need movers again for a while, I will use them. I won't even shop around, because their rates are extremely reasonable for the high quality service they deliver. I give them my highest recommendation read lessP. M.
- Business Description:" Long Distance Mover " Paula's Movers Pledge Integrity in our business practice, diligence in our work ethic, and clarity of value delivered to all our customers. We provides long-distance, interstate moving services. We move residential homes, apartments, and commercial businesses across state lines and the country. We have over 26 years of moving industry experience and treat our customers like your part of Paula's Movers family. We're here to guide you every step of the way so you can re.. read lessRecent Review:I am extremely pleased with the moving services provided by Paula's Movers. I needed to move to a different state and was looking for a reliable company that would not cost an arm and a leg. David, one of the owners, is a real gentleman and a man of his word. David and his crew arrived on time of the day of the move, they worked quickly but diligently and efficiently. I could not believe how quickly they helped us finish packing and carried all items out of our old home and loaded into their truck. Hanna, the lead in customer service, was a real pleasure to deal with. She was patient and very attentive to all of my questions and concerns. Hanna provided a very simple and straightforward quote that was easy to understand. The quote itself was also very competitive compared to the quotes we've received from their competitors. I would recommend Paula's Movers to anyone looking to simply their move at a very competitive price. Thank you David and Hanna read lessMichael S.
- Business Description:Hi, We are a family run business,we are looking to service all hauling needs,no job too small! We have 20yrs in logistics and moving experience. We are reliable and reachable. With every call you will be greeted with a smile We will beat competitors price by 10%. We are passionate about helping our community. Come be apart of our family.We look forward to servicing your hauling needs read lessRecent Review:Leo & his helper did an amazing job getting an oversized refrigerator plus a washer & dryer out of our older home. They carefully accomplished what seemed like an impossible task. Leo was a godsend to us read lessLinda O.
- Business Description:Trust your move to the experts! Award-winning moving services, fully licensed and insured. Local and long-distance, home and office, storage and beyond. A+ Rated Angie's List Super Service Award Winning Movers. We are accredited with the Ohio BBB and Super Service Award winners for Angie's list 2009-2018. Family-owned & operated business, Veteran founded and owned. WE HANDLE ALL YOUR MOVING NEEDS. We also provide professional packing services and supplies, housecleaning services, storage, jun.. read lessRecent Review:Just completed a somewhat complicated move with Moving Ahead Services requiring 2 move dates and storage in between. The company was professional and helpful and the crew on both ends (Dustin and Shawn and Dustin and James) were extremely careful, thorough, professional and did so many little things to make this stressful experience as good as it could have been! Those guys are really hard workers, great work ethic and I was so happy to have my stuff taken care of by them! Would definitely recommend! Thanks Moving Ahead Services for getting me situated in my new home :- read lessVictoria S.
- Business Description:American Moving and Storage is a professional moving & storage company that is owned by military veterans and we take pride in our work! If you need storage that's no problem we can move you into our storage unit and move you back out when your ready. When it comes to moving no job is too big or too small, we own 4 26' box truck for big moves, 2 16' box trucks for smaller jobs. With American Moving and Storage you will always get an experienced crew that has the proper training and tools to m.. read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Think something might be off with your bathroom plumbing but aren’t quite sure? Early detection is crucial to keeping your plumbing working properly for years to come. Learn the top eight signs your bathroom plumbing needs repair.
If you’re looking to add a level of protection to your home’s appliances and systems (like plumbing), you may be considering purchasing a home warranty. Keep reading to learn about the various pros and cons associated with common home warranty plans.
Find moving companies in
- Kents Store
- Lake Monticello
- Locust Grove
- Fork Union
moving companies in Louisa
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Powerhouse Move644 Edwardian Lane
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
- American Moving and Storage1605 Waterlick Rd
- AMERICAN OF VIRGINIA INC1522 N DELPHINE AVE
- Anything and Everything2028 Richmond rd.
- Apple Transfer, Inc 28433 Canvasback Ln
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- A Powerhouse Move
- Bates Moving & Storage815 Benny St
- BayWatch Development Corporation (B D C)PO Box 478
- Bellhops128 Harmon St
- Best Twins Charlottesville Moving123 Hedge St
- Big Move VA5937 jarmans gap road
- Bright Eyed Moving1844 Columbus Rd Suite A
- By His Grace 1PO box 7447
- Bates Moving & Storage
- D&G Professional Brokerage9788 Stover Way
- Dave The Mover LLC11465 Lucky Hill Road
- Daytime Movers 218 Arcadia st
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
- Design Environs Corporation340 Greenbrier Dr
- Dunmar Moving Systems8030 Whitepine Rd
- D&G Professional Brokerage
- Fast Motion Auto Transport700 Louisiana St. Suite 3950
- Fast Motion Auto Transport
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- Keep it moving VA116 Delaware Dr
Ruther Glen, Virginia
- Keep it moving VA
- Main Moving LLC3075 W Oakland Park Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- Michael & Son Services Richmond1407 Cummings Drive
- Miller Tyme Construction, LLC.1206 King Street
- Milo the Mover1740 Broadway st.
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montgomery Movers251 Bear Mountain Rd
Flemington, West Virginia
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Mover Dudes Inc1114 Fairfax Pike Suite 1
White Post, Virginia
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving Ahead Services LLC4708 TOPPS INDUSTRIAL PKWY
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Moving By BrianPost Office Box 2282
- Main Moving LLC
- N-Pieces11600 New Town Rd
New Kent, Virginia
- NATIONAL EXPRESS AUTO TRANSPORT, INC. 7950 NW 53RD ST
- New Look Moving Company LLC
- New Planet Moving & Storage4420 Andrews St Ste D
North Las Vegas, Nevada
- Noonan's Handyman & Landscape Design2110 Bentivar Dr
- On Time Moving and Cleaning LLC1610 Monticello Rd
- On Time Moving and Cleaning LLC
- Serg's moving inc427 J St
Chula Vista, California
- Ship Smart Inc1200 G St NW Ste 800
Washington, District Of Columbia
- Silent MoversPO BOX 1314
- STONEGATE DESIGNER DELIVERY, INC11942 Sherman Road
North Hollywood, California
- Student Services Moving & Storage Company1501 Avon St Ext.
- Serg's moving inc
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
- United States Logistics
- Vicky Lu's Moving & Hauling LLC12 S Summit Ave Suite 100 Office A24
- Vicky Lu's Moving & Hauling LLC