Metropolitan Moving & Storage

Antiques
US DOT 1326082

13230 Mid Atlantic Blvd.

Laurel, MD 20708

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Metropolitan Moving is owned by two native Washingtonians. Our experienced staff takes pride in handling every move with the highest level of care and service. We assign a moving consultant for each customer who will provide a written estimate, discuss and clarify the details of the estimate, address any questions you may have regarding the move, and provide support throughout the process. Additional phone - (703) 837-0091. Additional email - jmccarty@dcmetropolitanmoving.com. Additional contact name - Justin McCarty (General Manager)....

movers (479)storage unit (46)piano movers (40)

07/30/2021

My move went so smooth. The estimator, Eddy, did a great job estimating time and number of trucks needed. The moving team showed up on time, maybe even early. They got me moved so quickly and effortlessly. The head of the team walked around with me to make sure he labeled everything for his team to know where it went in the new home, then did the same thing when we got to the new home. These guys ...

Description of Work
Moving to a new home

Work Completed On 05/06/2021

07/09/2021

Our move with Metropolitan exceeded our expectations. Charlie and his team were professional, punctual and very thorough. Additionally, they performed the job in less time than estimated and hence a lower cost than the estimate. All components from the estimator to the scheduling and the final move were seamless. We are very grateful to have used this moving company, would definitely recommend and...

Description of Work
local move

Work Completed On 04/26/2021

Thanks so much for sharing your Metropolitan experience. Great to hear you were pleased and we were under-budget. Warm regards, Justin McCarty

07/05/2021

We were very pleased with the work and professionalism of the Metropolitan Moving team. We had them pack up our 3 bedroom house which they did in a day. The next day they came back and moved us to our new house. The packing and moving team was the same both days, which was helpful. They went above and beyond with a few special requests we asked of them. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Pack and Move

Work Completed On 04/15/2021

Thanks so much for the review! Best of luck in your new home. Warm regards, [Member Name Removed] McCarty General Manager

06/28/2021

Our move was during a particularly trying time for my family and Metropolitan Moving and & Storage was exceptional. They came and ensured everything was packed appropriately moved us out, stored all of our belongings for a month and then moved us into our new home. I would recommend them 10/10 and will absolutely use them again in the future. You pay for what you get and they were worth every cent...

Description of Work
Moving and storage

Work Completed On 05/17/2021

I'm glad we were able to help you and your family. Thank you so much for your business! Warm regards, Justin McCarty General Manager

06/10/2021

The workmen were right on time. They got to work right away and completed packing the household goods and transferring to the truck. They showed up to the new place right when they said they would. They unloaded quickly and efficiently. Overall a very professional job. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Packing household goods and moving to new residence

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

06/08/2021

I wanted a mover who did not comingle our stuff with others, did not put it in storage or move it more than necessary. Metropolitan Movers were great. We had a team assigned to us. They packed, loaded, met us at the storage facility and unloaded. I had them pack dishes, lamps, framed artwork. They were efficient, professional, responsive - great. Worth every penny.

Description of Work
We moved from Maryland to Wilmington, North Carolina.

Work Completed On 04/08/2021

Thank you for your business and great review. I'm glad you took advantage of our direct, dedicated truck long-distance service! Warm regards, Justin McCarty GM

05/30/2021

Following the death of my father, I contacted Metropolitan Moving and Storage to move my mother from Silver Spring, MD to Charlotte, NC and make a stop to drop some furniture off in Mount Jackson, VA. Everyone with whom we spoke and worked were absolutely wonderful! We scheduled an estimator and a few days later Edward came to the house. In less than an hour he provided an estimate and scheduled h...

Description of Work
Two State Move

Category moving companies,antiques,muralist,piano moving

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

Thank you so much for this great review. I look forward to sharing this with the team! Warm regards, Justin McCarty General Manager

05/30/2021

Description of Work
Two State Pack and Move

Category moving companies,antiques,muralist,piano moving

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

04/27/2021

Great job, nothing forgotten and everything carefully wrapped so nothing was broken. Quick work meant lower cost than their estimate. The movers were prompt, friendly, and professional.

Description of Work
packing and moving apartment

Work Completed On 03/04/2021

Thank you for your business and the great review! Warm regards, Justin McCarty GM

04/21/2021

Extremely well. I am very satisfied with every aspect of the move. Highly recommend

Description of Work
Moving contents of a home to a storage unit out-of-state

Work Completed On 02/27/2021

I hope all is well in your new home. Thank you for taking the time to review us! Warm regards, Justin McCarty GM

Residential & commercial local & long distance moving & relocation. Packing & unpacking. Crating. Short & long term storage. Piano moving.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check