Movers USA Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since July 2005

Finding a reputable and reliable Md moving company is the first step to a stress free moving experience. There are many moving companies in Maryland, so finding the moving company that best meets all your requirements is the key to a successful move. To take the challenge out of trawling through

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

movers (1320)storage unit (70)piano movers (23)

01/18/2021

Ryan S.

1) The crew moves very slowly, takes breaks, and stands around watching each other work, increasing the total time of the move. Then they charge you for the "extra" time that was not part of the original quote. 2) The crew arrives much later than the appointment time. If they do not finish by the time they said they would, they will insist that you pay anyway even though they have not finished. You then need to argue with their "manager" to negotiate when and how much it will it cost to finish. 3) The crew will refuse to re-assemble some of the furniture and make the customer do it themselves. 4) The crew will claim that they are finished and try to leave quickly while the customer examines the house. I discovered significant damage to my walls and ceilings, as well as furniture that was not re-assembled (they faked it by laying pieces on top of each other but not actually connecting them). They also damaged furniture by drilling holes in it where they did not belong. I ran out to catch them and they insisted that they were not going to do any more work and I needed to pay anyway. 5) The crew does not wear facemasks appropriately to protect from covid. 6) To fix the damage they caused, their "manager" will send an unlicensed repair person who does his best, but takes 4-5 multi-hour appointments during which the customer needs to take off of work to be home and ensure the job is done correctly. They do not compensate the customer for their time. 7) The crew will leave trash all over your home. They also urinated on my floor. 8) For all of these issues, the "manager" accused me of being at fault because I chose not to purchase their insurance.

Description of Work
Residential move

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

Dear [Member Name Removed] We looked on our records and you are not listed as one of our customers. We are sorry for your experience. If you have any question or need our assistant please [Member Information Removed] our office and we will be happy to assist. MOVERS USA INC.

01/09/2021

Teresa L.

They were prompt, respectful, friendly, and the price was fair.

Description of Work
They helped us move from one house to another.

Work Completed On 01/05/2021

Thank you! Whenever you need us we will be here to give you the best service we can. Movers USA

12/18/2020

Anna S.

From both movers and admin, total professionals, v nice, and all wore masks the whole time (and for that type of physical labor- what a pain in the butt for them). I ended up having them pack for me too bc they were so cheap. I’m sure I won’t be in my current apt forever and I will be using these guys again no question

Description of Work
Fantastic service

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind words! We will continue to give all of our customers the best service we can. We wish you all the best and please keep safe. Movers USA

06/23/2020

Gary S.

While the estimator showed up on time for the appointment at our home. he never followed through with the estimate, as promised. He said he would email it to us, but it's been over a week and we haven't received or heard anything (we made sure he had our correct email address before he left our home). We have hired another provider, and that estimator not only was very punctual and professional, but he emailed the estimate to us within a few hours of his visit.

Description of Work
long-distance moving services

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

06/03/2019

Kristin L.

Their customer service was so bad, I didn't even get past the quote. After MoversUSA provided me with an online estimate that had some inaccuracies, I called back and asked for an in-person estimate. They finally called back and Gil from MoversUSA hassled me about not accepting their online estimate. He told me that they're very busy and dont typically do in person estimates for jobs this size. He then agreed to do an in-person visit, but turned up the pressure by telling me that if I wait until the end of the week, all of the slots would book up and I won't be able to move. After I told him that I don't trust people who don't come to the house to do an estimate, he got very passive aggressive with me. It was rude and unprofessional, and I would steer away from them.

Description of Work
Quote for in-state moving services

Category moving companies

Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed]. Here at Movers USA we are proud to provide high end, honest moving service to all of our customers. In the summer month especially in June-July and August we got an overwhelming volume of requests for estimates and as a small business we can't see or serve all of them. For jobs that we feel that we have the accurate data we will quote for over the phone. We have been doing this for many years and have been extremely successful with this method. In your case, your move is in two-three weeks and we do not have sufficient time To send an estimator that close to the move date. We apologize if you felt that you were not given the utmost care. We strive to give all customers the best experience possible whether or not they move with us. We will take your feedback and continue to strive to give Angie's List and all customers the Movers USA experience we are so well known for.

10/05/2018

Angela V.

My move date has changed several times and the flexibility and professionalism of Rachel, their customer service/ and planning coordinator has been phenomenal. I'm looking forward to my move!

Description of Work
Move from Maryland to Pennsylvania

Work Completed On 10/05/2018

09/10/2018

Gary B.

Showed up on time and packed up our furniture. Packing was very complete and sensitive pieces were well protected.

Description of Work
Move household goods from Maryland to South Dakota

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

08/27/2018

Jeff S.

Went well. I am very cynical when it comes to using the services of those I don't know (like movers)/ However, despite my cynicism both moves went very well and were done to our complete satisfaction.

Description of Work
Used Movers USA for two moves/relocations (one local, one to another state)

Work Completed On 06/02/2017

08/17/2018

Shirley H.

The move went great. The 3 guys that came were excellent.

Description of Work
My house is up for sale and I started moving things to storage.

Category moving companies, storage units

Work Completed On 08/17/2018

08/09/2018

Harvey D.

Recently Movers USA completed a move for us. It was a complex move with items picked up at one address on the East Coast and taken to three different locations, two in the Midwest and one on the West Coast. We were extremely happy with the move and very impressed with their professionalism throughout the process. Gil, Ray, and Jim were great to work with. Their communication was excellent, with frequent calls to keep us up to date and to let us know how things were proceeding. Of special note was the care Movers USA exercised in packing our goods. It was way beyond my expectations and everything arrived in excellent shape. At one point they added extra packaging without our knowledge or request just to make sure everything arrived undamaged. Matthew was the mover who picked up our boxes and delivered them to two of the three locations. He was the nicest guy and took great care in everything he did. We would definitely use them again and I strongly recommend them.

Description of Work
Pick up goods at one location and deliver them to three different locations

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

07/16/2018

Mark G.

Moved household items from a 3500+sf house into storage for a little over one month while new home was being completed. Moved items from storage into new home. Christian and his crew were very careful with the items and making sure walls and floors did not get damaged. Two floor lamps were damaged somewhere between the moves, but considering the number of items, overall a great job. Price was comparable to other estimates we received.

Description of Work
Move into and out of storage

Category moving companies, storage units

Work Completed On 07/12/2018

07/12/2018

Marjorie G.

The whole experience was great. We were very pleased with both the administrative people and the guys who actually did the moving.

Description of Work
Interstate moving

Work Completed On 07/12/2018

06/28/2018

Nancy M.

Cristian and his crew were excellent. I was told they would be here from 3 to 6, and they arrived at 3:00. I was called at noon to say the time, and Christian called me at 2:30 to say they would be here in 30 minutes. They came in and immediately started. All of them were polite, and very hard working. Cristian is very hands on and assisted with moving the heaviest items and worked with each of his crew and gave excellent direction. The cleaned up all left over papers and Cristian even took a bed frame not going on the move to the curb for me. I have worked with Megan Wise for many months and have been very nervous since this my first professional move. She has been responsive, kept me informed and even managed to get me a time in an afternoon when I told her that I hd a very short time to closing. They are an excellent company and took so ma ny of my worries away!!!

Description of Work
moving; they packed for me

Work Completed On 06/28/2018

06/25/2018

Kimberly M.

They were great, prompt, professional and friendly. Showed up on time and treated my items with care and respect on both ends. I even recommended them to a friend that moved from Richmond to Columbia, SC.

Description of Work
Move from NoVa to NC

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

06/22/2018

jane F.

Great. The assessment meeting was very informative and communications from that point on were prompt and helpful. The moving crew was prompt, professional and hard working. Our household goods will now be held in storage until we are ready to move into a new house and I am fully confident in the continued professionalism of the movers USA. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Packing & storage

Work Completed On 06/21/2018

04/14/2018

Karen M.

The move was handled very professionally from beginning to end. Communication was excellent up to and on the day of the move. The moving crew worked extremely hard and took care to wrap and protect all of the furniture. They took the time to reassemble and arrange the furniture at the new residence to our complete satisfaction. They were courteous and professional at all times. We can't say enough good things about this move. We would definitely use Movers USA again and highly recommend them to anyone facing a major move.

Description of Work
Whole House Furniture Move

Category moving companies, fitness equipment, antiques

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

03/19/2018

Janice S.

As everyone knows moving can be stressful! Working with this company alleviated all the stress. The crew arrived on time and dressed appropriately. Took time wrapping my furniture and carefully placing everything safely in the truck. The men worked very long hours, over and above what anyone would expect! Eager to please and very courteous! I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
MOVING HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE

Work Completed On 02/19/2018

03/12/2018

Robie D.

Excellent. Excellent company. They were prompt-scheduled from 8-10 am and they were here at 8ish. Moved efficiently and the move just went good overall.

Description of Work
I hired them to move my daughter from one town to another.

Work Completed On 03/09/2018

03/09/2018

Anke K.

Very well. They did an excellent job. Very hard working people on the job as well as in the office. Efficient and well organized, friendly as well. They loaded my stuff and wrapped a few items for me. They showed up on time for delivery as well and had unloaded the truck in a short time. They took the stress out of the move for me and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Moving my belongings from Maryland to Florida.

Work Completed On 02/22/2018

03/03/2018

Kevin O.

Great company! Based on Angie's List reviews, we called this company for a quote for an interstate move. Although it was short notice, Gil was able to fit us in. A very reasonable quote was delivered very quickly as well as answering many questions that we had. On the day of the move the movers arrived on time and took extra care packing many fragile items as well as antique grandfather clocks. They were professional and moved very quickly. The truck arrived to our destination and was unloaded carefully and efficiently. I can't say enough good things about this company. What is normally a very stressful situation became so much easier thanks to the help of this company. Their pricing is also transparent and very competitive. I highly recommend Movers USA and would not hesitate to use them again!

Description of Work
Moving, Packing, Antique Packing, Loading/Unloading, Driving

Category moving companies, antiques

Work Completed On 02/13/2018

02/19/2018

Barbara M.

The movers/packers (Alberto) in Maryland were on time and very professional. They packed my antiques and lamps with care and were neat and very polite. Dispatcher Ray was excellent in calling me to let me know when the shipment was ready to leave Maryland and arrive in New Mexico. Marcos, the truck driver/delivery person called the day before to give me a time frame, then called to tell me when he was within an hour of delivery. He unpacked the wrapped furniture and moved the items where I wanted them. I am very pleased with the whole process--smooth, effortless, and professional.

Description of Work
packed lamps, rugs, furniture to move cross country

Work Completed On 02/19/2018

12/11/2017

Allan C.

Excellent! The crew were great...Eric, Jesus, Gregory and another I didn’ Get the name of we’re terrific. They arrived on time, packed everything perfectly and were generally nice guys too. Eric and Jesus ultimately also were on the delivery crew and were on time and exceeded my expectations. There was not one thing damaged and I had a lot of stuff, (too much, haha). My only comment is to be accurate with you count on what you are shipping. Mine kept going up and exceeded my guestimate by 10%. Not thier fault, but be accurate and discuss with Niel exactly what you are shipping. Would I hire again...absolutely, happy customer.

Description of Work
Moved furniture and belongings From Salisbury, Md. to Memphis , TN.

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

11/09/2017

Barry F.

Very cooperative and efficient crew. Price was very good for the work involved.Easy to set up the date and time. Made the move a smoother transition for us and gave us an Angies list discount.

Description of Work
Move to new house